• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Mod Cheat Mod Ren'Py Completed Corruption: Better Experience [v2.02] [anne O'nymous]

5.00 star(s) 6 Votes

Fzoner95

Oct 13, 2017
So I need to look at the code to know better what bug it is, and I'll be able to do this only after works.
No sweat, man. I really love your mod and how dedicated you are to improve it. So thank you. I was just curious if you had an idea. The game works perfectly fine right now so there is no rush at all.

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
[...] so there is no rush at all.
Don't worry, it's just that I must be more disciplined. I can fully remotely log on my home computer from works, and it's a low day today... but I also should not do it for such long task, and it's stressing some times, especially when there's nothing to do at works ;)

anne O'nymous

Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
A really small update this time, just a tracker for the two new corruptions events in the TV Station.

You don't really need to download this version of the mod if you already have it.

Reactions: yoyomistro

taler

Oct 5, 2017
There's the issue where if you have the event choices turned on you're forced to know how to select them in order, or else you can view them out of order. For example the first time i saw Megan in the chinese dress i didn't choose the "with her husband" that intros her with the dress, saw it first with her alone. THen later on I did the intro with her husband, I consider that a bug.

anne O'nymous

Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
[...] I consider that a bug.
Which don't come from the mod.
I just replace the randomization by "your" choice. Without the mod, you still have less than 15% chances to have the scene with her husband, therefore less than 15% chances to see them in the right order.

I could force the right order, but it would over complicate the mod for a really small benefit. Yes, it would correct few inconstancy, but it wouldn't change the many others...

taler

Oct 5, 2017
Thanks for explaining. Is there a chance of getting a cg/achievements gallery so we know what we're missed? I know there are niche interactions that are hard to find.

I also had a dubious interaction with nicole and jenny at 0 corruption and megan at 2, got shown the scene where megan eats out jenny. I got it by setting jenny and nichole to 0 corruption after they both got to 2 corruption initially. Is this a bug with the mod or the game? Is there a jenny0/megan2 scene that I missed out on or is there no such scene?

Thanks.

Last edited:

yoyomistro

Engaged Member
Jan 15, 2017
taler that would be a bit annoying to do for a modder, especially the way the game is coded. You're better off asking Mr. C to do something like that. I guess making a scene gallery with a bunch of jumps would be easy enough, but an achievement system for a 3rd party modder would be a bit annoying.

anne O'nymous

Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
Thanks for explaining. Is there a chance of getting a cg/achievements gallery so we know what we're missed? I know there are niche interactions that are hard to find.
It's perhaps not impossible to have an achievement system, but is it really necessary ?
There's already the event tracker. If one value is still at 0, then you missed something. And if really you're stuck, you can unhide the names of the trackers, which will help you find what you can have missed ; there's really few that don't have a pretty explicit name.
By example, what is probably the more forgot event is the one name "(barmaid)" (I'm still waiting for her to have a name :( ). Once you know that, it's relatively easy to know what to do.

But, without guaranties, what I can perhaps do is to add something telling you that you've reached the higher possible value for this event. There's some, like the one with the barmaid, that need many interaction between each step, so knowing that you don't need to flood the action anymore can be interesting.

I also had a dubious interaction with nicole and jenny at 0 corruption and megan at 2, got shown the scene where megan eats out jenny.
Once again it's a bug that come from the game itself. There's two/three like this, and alas I can do nothing to fix them.
Technically it's possible to correct that, but it imply that the mod will no longer be compatible with future updates. Therefore, I prefer to keep the bug unfixed, it's a small price to pay to keep one of the most interesting feature of this mod: its compatibility with what isn't added yet.

I guess making a scene gallery with a bunch of jumps would be easy enough, but an achievement system for a 3rd party modder would be a bit annoying.
Well, in fact it's more the opposite ;) An achievement system need to have a view over the game (have the player passed through this part, have this variable more than this value, and things like that). It's not necessarily something easy to do, but still way easier than a gallery that would replay the scenes. For this, you need to have control over the game flow and ensure that the variables are neutralized.
By example, for Megan to reach her last level of corruption, you need to go to the Spa with Jenny and Nicole until your see Megan's husband, then you'll need to go to the playground during night. And obviously there's a variable that take count of this. If you replay one of those scenes, boom the value of the variable will change and possibly break the game.
It's already relatively dangerous that I offer the possibility to lower the level of corruption and so to replay this kind of scenes. It's clear that I'll never go further, the risk would be too high.

yoyomistro

Engaged Member
Jan 15, 2017
It's perhaps not impossible to have an achievement system, but is it really necessary ?
There's already the event tracker. If one value is still at 0, then you missed something. And if really you're stuck, you can unhide the names of the trackers, which will help you find what you can have missed ; there's really few that don't have a pretty explicit name.
By example, what is probably the more forgot event is the one name "(barmaid)" (I'm still waiting for her to have a name :( ). Once you know that, it's relatively easy to know what to do.

But, without guaranties, what I can perhaps do is to add something telling you that you've reached the higher possible value for this event. There's some, like the one with the barmaid, that need many interaction between each step, so knowing that you don't need to flood the action anymore can be interesting.

Once again it's a bug that come from the game itself. There's two/three like this, and alas I can do nothing to fix them.
Technically it's possible to correct that, but it imply that the mod will no longer be compatible with future updates. Therefore, I prefer to keep the bug unfixed, it's a small price to pay to keep one of the most interesting feature of this mod: its compatibility with what isn't added yet.

Well, in fact it's more the opposite ;) An achievement system need to have a view over the game (have the player passed through this part, have this variable more than this value, and things like that). It's not necessarily something easy to do, but still way easier than a gallery that would replay the scenes. For this, you need to have control over the game flow and ensure that the variables are neutralized.
By example, for Megan to reach her last level of corruption, you need to go to the Spa with Jenny and Nicole until your see Megan's husband, then you'll need to go to the playground during night. And obviously there's a variable that take count of this. If you replay one of those scenes, boom the value of the variable will change and possibly break the game.
It's already relatively dangerous that I offer the possibility to lower the level of corruption and so to replay this kind of scenes. It's clear that I'll never go further, the risk would be too high.
Oh yea, you're right. I totally forget about that sometimes. Yea, you'd have to create a bunch of new temp variables or figure out some way to revert any variable changes once the replay was over. And even if you did that, if someone closed the game/exited the replay before it ended, it wouldn't have a chance to clear the variables that were changed since it didn't get to the end of the scene...

taler

Oct 5, 2017
Oh yea, you're right. I totally forget about that sometimes. Yea, you'd have to create a bunch of new temp variables or figure out some way to revert any variable changes once the replay was over. And even if you did that, if someone closed the game/exited the replay before it ended, it wouldn't have a chance to clear the variables that were changed since it didn't get to the end of the scene...
I wouldn't want to replay the scenes, just know that the scene had already been played once.

Hmm this is not true. There are many scenes that are not tracked by the events page. If the events page showed everything then I agree that would be all I need. For example the megan coming home and seeing Jenny with cake on her naked body scene isn't tracked on the events page. Same as Maria coming home and jerking you off while watching tv with your family.

Thank you this would be very helpful.

Once again it's a bug that come from the game itself.
Thanks that's all I needed to know, I don't want you to fix it. :)

anne O'nymous

Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
Hmm this is not true. There are many scenes that are not tracked by the events page. If the events page showed everything then I agree that would be all I need.
I can assure you that it do... There's times where it even tracked events that weren't implemented yet.

For example the megan coming home and seeing Jenny with cake on her naked body scene isn't tracked on the events page.
Same as Maria coming home and jerking you off while watching tv with your family.
They both are tracked. I can concede that it's not a direct tracker, but the mod show you the level of corruption of all the girls, so it track all those scenes.
There's a date planed for each level of corruption of the main girls, and more globally, each possible interaction have a scene for each possible level of corruption. Not all those scenes are implemented yet, but there isn't hole in them. If there's a date for the corruption level 2, then there's also one for the corruption levels 0 and 1 ; plus, there's a text from Mr.C warning you when you've reach the last implemented scene. And where more than one character is involved in the scene, they must all have the same level of corruption.

Starting this, it's up to the player to not forget an interaction before increasing the said level of corruption.

Iramis

Dec 3, 2018
Is there a way to reset an event to an earlier level or reset it completely? Specifically the level of the Teachers, it is bugged I think. they are related to the principle and student levels i think. I selected the staff meeting option multiple times without increasing the principles level and then when i increased it the teachers were already corrupted without me doing anything. The problem is i did a lot of other things inbetween so i can't really load an earlier save. Also when i increased the students level it again changed the teacher levels i think.

I tried using the save editor but it only affected the students and principle, the gym teacher became even more corrupted and i can't access the staff meetings. If there is no way through the mod then if someone could tell me how to reset the whole school portion through the save editor then that would be great too.

Also I'm missing several events from the events tracker, for example the students and teachers events are missing, another reason why i couldn't keep track of it. event tracker.png

anne O'nymous

Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
I selected the staff meeting option multiple times without increasing the principles level and then when i increased it the teachers were already corrupted without me doing anything.
I don't guaranty it because I don't have the original code available right now, but it's a problem due to the way the game is wrote. Both the level of the teachers and the level of the principle must have the exact expected value for the scene to be displayed. Yet you can increase the level of the teachers independently :(

Also I'm missing several events from the events tracker, for example the students and teachers events are missing,
They aren't missing. Look at your screenshot. You see the lemon colored sticker with "Characters" wrote on it, on top of the notebook ? Click on it and a whole new world will appear.

Reactions: Iramis

Iramis

Dec 3, 2018
I don't guaranty it because I don't have the original code available right now, but it's a problem due to the way the game is wrote. Both the level of the teachers and the level of the principle must have the exact expected value for the scene to be displayed. Yet you can increase the level of the teachers independently :(

They aren't missing. Look at your screenshot. You see the lemon colored sticker with "Characters" wrote on it, on top of the notebook ? Click on it and a whole new world will appear.
Thanks for the help. I think I'll just start a new game and just do the teachers section just to see the events and then continue my original playthrough. Great Mod btw.

anne O'nymous

Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
I think I'll just start a new game and just do the teachers section just to see the events and then continue my original playthrough.
Or you could click where I said, and see that you can change the level of the teachers. Then, by changing it and the level of the principle, you should be able to see all the staff meeting events.

Iramis

Dec 3, 2018
Or you could click where I said, and see that you can change the level of the teachers. Then, by changing it and the level of the principle, you should be able to see all the staff meeting events.
Oh, I thought you can just see it and not change it, just checked, it works , thanks.

Reactions: anne O'nymous

taler

Oct 5, 2017
I can assure you that it do... There's times where it even tracked events that weren't implemented yet.

They both are tracked. I can concede that it's not a direct tracker, but the mod show you the level of corruption of all the girls, so it track all those scenes.
There's a date planed for each level of corruption of the main girls, and more globally, each possible interaction have a scene for each possible level of corruption. Not all those scenes are implemented yet, but there isn't hole in them. If there's a date for the corruption level 2, then there's also one for the corruption levels 0 and 1 ; plus, there's a text from Mr.C warning you when you've reach the last implemented scene. And where more than one character is involved in the scene, they must all have the same level of corruption.

Starting this, it's up to the player to not forget an interaction before increasing the said level of corruption.
I mean it's not tracked in a useful manner, so it's easy to skip a scene. I missed a whole bunch and ended up fiddling with the +/- in order to try to find them all, frequently wasting time on repeats etc when a more complete scene UI would let me know whether or not to try to find them. It's hard to know for example that Jenny1/Nichole1/Maria1 is a different scene from Jenny2/Nichole2/Maria1 but Jenny/1/Nichole1/Maria2 is the same as Jenny1/Nichole1/Maria1. It's a whole bunch of trial and error that really shouldn't be needed. And sometimes you forget if you've already tried a configuration. If you think about it the possible permutations are immense, it's not so fun to try to find these cgs when a cg gallery like every other VN would solve the issue. But I'm very thankful for the mod because it helps a lot, I'm just explaining my issue so you can understand it.

anne O'nymous

Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
It's hard to know for example that Jenny1/Nichole1/Maria1 is a different scene from Jenny2/Nichole2/Maria1 but Jenny/1/Nichole1/Maria2 is the same as Jenny1/Nichole1/Maria1.
Well, the reason why it's hard to know, is because what you say is just impossible. There's only 6 scenes involving both Jenny, Nicole and Maria :
  • maria1 / Jenny >=1 / Nicole >=1
  • Maria2 / Jenny >=2 / Nicole >=2
  • The default scene for Maria <3
  • Maria >=3 / Jenny >=3 / Nicole >=3 / sister <9
  • Maria >=3 / Jenny >=4 / Nicole >=4 / sister >= 9
    (Technically Maria will be at level 4 or higher at this time, but it's not tested, so while cheating you can see the scene with Maria at level 3 only)
  • The default scene for Maria >=3

Therefore, Jenny1 / Nicole1 / Maria1 and Jenny2 / Nicole2 / Maria1 are the same scene. While Jenny1 / Nicole1 / Maria2 and Jenny1 / Nicole1 / Maria1 are two different scenes, the first one being the default scene.

And sometimes you forget if you've already tried a configuration.
Just keep in mind that all the girls must have the same level. Therefore, reach level 1 for each girl, then girl by girl proceed to all the possible interactions. Then, once you've done everything, raise the level of all the girls and repeat. By doing this, you'll miss nothing.
The only trap is at school since you need to raise Mrs. Simpson to level 2 (if my memory don't betray me) before you can proceed with the principle, the teachers and the students (that you'll be able to corrupt just once a week).

But well, it's a game, you need to search a little and think a little, for me it's normal.

All this said, we aren't talking of the mod anymore, so I'll stop here before a moderator take his ruler and use it to hit my fingers ; I need them to continue working on the mod ;)

darkroasttreat

Feb 11, 2019
I can't bring seem to use shift + home, my laptop seems to have the home key share a space with the left arrow key. Is this causing the problem? or am I missing something here?

anne O'nymous

Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
Is this causing the problem?
Yes. But there's a way to work around the problem.
Open the file name "AONmod.rpy", and in top of it add :
Code:
init 1000 python:
    config.keymap["AONmodCenter"].append( "shift_K_BACKSPACE" )
This will add SHIFT + Backspace like key to open the configuration menu.
You can change it by another combination, using one of the key word you can found .

Starting the next update of the mod, this whole thing will be directly included in the said "AONmod.rpy" file for a better understanding.

5.00 star(s) 6 Votes