• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Mod Cheat Mod Ren'Py Completed Corruption: Better Experience [v2.02] [anne O'nymous]

5.00 star(s) 6 Votes

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
Seems i went to high with the twins set them to 2 from 3 and the events in the yard came back wierd
Well, I took a deep look at the mod, and it can't come from it. I just fake the randomization by returning a value in the interval corresponding to your choice, and all his correct for this part. No inversion or error on some variable name. In addition, the value haven't be changed since the version 0.40. So it's more on what happen next (during the game) that there's a problem.
I'm not sure, but I guess that it's because of the introduction of Julia's husband. Now the scene selection is not only based on the level of Julia and the Twins, but also on the level of her husband. It's not impossible that Mr.C forgot some case and fall back to an empty yard when it happen.
The best solution is to go in the yard only when both Julia and the Twins have the same level. In fact, it's the best solution also for the scene with Megan and Emily, and with Mother and Sister. It ensure that you'll have a valid content.

Grom

Aug 5, 2017
Just want to leave this here: The installation description is horrible. Im a Developer myself and had to read in 10x times.

anne O'nymous

Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
Just want to leave this here: The installation description is horrible. Im a Developer myself and had to read in 10x times.
Well, you're welcome to provide a better one. Like in fact anyone, and not only for the installation. English isn't my natural language and writing doc not really one of my abilities, so any improvement is always welcome.

This said, I don't see what the fact that you're a developer have to do here ; I'm a driver and the first time I had to change the windscreen wipers, I had to read the instructions few times.

matriks

Engaged Member
Oct 4, 2017
Its not working. I try to increase level of girls but when i push plus its not changing

anne O'nymous

Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
Its not working. I try to increase level of girls but when i push plus its not changing
Like said in the mod description ("features") :
Note that you can't increase the corruption level further than it should really be in the game [...]
[Note: should perhaps write it in bold :/]

You already have the potion cheat, the level speed-up and the unrandomization. Which mean that, for almost all the girls, in one in-game day you can add three levels of corruption to a single character. Why wanting, in addition to this, the possibility to artificially increase this level ?
It's a game before everything else, play it, enjoy the scenes. The mod is designed to help you play it faster (especially when you need to restart the game) and eventually lower down a girl level to benefit from cross-characters scenes recently added, not to deprive you from the pleasure of the game.

[Edit: Updated OP to make thinks like this more visible in the features description]

Minoin

Jan 16, 2018
I haven't speed up the corruption process in the playground, because it don't felt like it was needed. You need to give them potions 3 times for them to level up, and there's three different scenes. So for me it's balanced and since you can freely have as many potions as you want because of the cheats, it don't looked as needed.
Greetings anne O'nymous,
First of all, THANKS for this great mod. It indeed provides a better experience for the game :heartcoveredeyes:!

I noticed that the Replace the randomization by a choice given to the player option doesn't always work any more with the newest version (0.95). For example, in the playground I do not get to choose which hiding place and I've played ~20 times to test this and they were always hiding under the convex ride.
I don't know if this is an issue of the mod or the original game. Just thought I'd mention it here.
Keep up the great work!
Minoin! -Still a Lady though always NG!

anne O'nymous

Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
For example, in the playground I do not get to choose which hiding place and I've played ~20 times to test this and they were always hiding under the convex ride.
It's strange since Mr.C don't changed a single line of this part... Well, which also mean that I haven't tested it with the last update (I'm overbooked actually so made it quick). I'll look at this and try to figure out what's the problem.

Reactions: Minoin

anne O'nymous

Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
@Minoin

Alright, I tried it, using different saved files and starting a new game, and they hide correctly where I "tell" them to do :/
This said, it's a particular case because here the randomization is split in two parts. Firstly to know if they hide under the convex ride or somewhere else, then a second one to make the difference between the two other possibilities. And obviously it's the more sensible part of the mod.
You said that you it's one of the case when it don't works, so, behind the following parts, which one don't works (and what's the result you get if it don't works as expected ):
  • when you enter Nicole's (sister) room ;
  • when you enter Jenny's (mother) room;,
  • when you enter the toilet ;
  • when you enter Megan's house ;
  • when you enter Julia's (aunt) room (if I guessed right it should be the only other case).

Is there another cases than these ones when it doesn't works ?

Can you attach a save made after you chose where they'll be hiding, but before you decide to go check the place ? It'll be easier than explaining you all the complicated steps needed to find the values I need to look at.

Minoin

Jan 16, 2018
@Minoin

Alright, I tried it, using different saved files and starting a new game, and they hide correctly where I "tell" them to do :/
This said, it's a particular case because here the randomization is split in two parts. Firstly to know if they hide under the convex ride or somewhere else, then a second one to make the difference between the two other possibilities. And obviously it's the more sensible part of the mod.
[...]
Can you attach a save made after you chose where they'll be hiding, but before you decide to go check the place ? It'll be easier than explaining you all the complicated steps needed to find the values I need to look at.
So Ok, I think I understand what you mean, in part. I've attached a safe file just before the choice to "go look". I hope that's what you mean/need.
I also added screen grabs of the 4 clicks between "let's play" and "Found you". There's only the choice where to look, not the modded option where they would be.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

As for the other questions:

You said that you it's one of the case when it don't works, so, behind the following parts, which one don't works (and what's the result you get if it don't works as expected ):
Most of them just play out without giving you the option to choose, so you just get one of the random results:
  • when you enter Nicole's (sister) room ; Random: either standing or with back
  • when you enter Jenny's (mother) room; Random: either standing or changing
  • when you enter the toilet ; Random mom or sis
  • when you enter Megan's house ; Random: either standing or with husband
  • when you enter Julia's (aunt) room (if I guessed right it should be the only other case). Haven't tried this one yet
Is there another cases than these ones when it doesn't works ?
When Masturbating, you don't get the option to choose interrupted by mom or sis (I think to remember that used to be the case)
That's what I encountered thus far. Will let you know if I find anything else. I hope it's all clear.
Thanks a bundle,
Minoin! -Still a Lady though always NG!

anne O'nymous

Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
So Ok, I think I understand what you mean, in part.
I'll take Jenny's bedroom as example. There's a first randomization to decide if she's in her room or not, then later a second randomization to decide what she's doing. By example for Nicole and Jenny in their room, it's first "is she in the room", then "what is she doing".

There's only the choice where to look, not the modded option where they would be.
Which is even more weird.
It's late here, but I took a quick look and the unrandomization is correctly activated, so you should have the menu which give you the choice. But even on my computer, there's no choice :/ Still, any other randomized event than the one you listed, works fine and propose a choice ; which prove that the mod works and is correctly installed.

I can't promise a fast correction because it's really completely weird. Just to be sure, you live in the same universe than everyone else, not in the in the twilight zone, right ?
I ask this because it's... It's like you're driving a car inside a town. Everything works fine and all, but the instant you quit the town, the car stop and refuse to works. Still, if you manage to put it inside the town again, you can recommence to drive it... As long as you stay inside in town, whatever which one, the car works. But the instant you quit the town, it stop to works. And in top of this, it happen only to your car, every other one works fine outside of a town, and this whatever the driver of your car.
By chance I have decades of experience in coding, I know that there's always a part of magic :)

There's a problem, it's clear, and I must find what it's because it's neither your version of the game nor your version of the mod which is corrupted. If I use your save, it don't works, but if, without stopping the game, I load one of mine, it recommence to works... And I insist on the "without stopping the game". So it's the exact same game's code, the exact same mod's code. More strange, Ren'py don't "recompile", so the only thing which changed is the content of the "saved variables"...
So, I assume that the saved file is corrupted in a way or another, but now I must find why and how. Then find how to prevent it in the future, and how to make it correct itself for the mod to works again with your save.
It will take times, but I'll find out :/

Meanwhile, can you do something for me ? Start a new game, and at home go to the toilet, or start jerking off. It's two situations which don't works with your saved. Just for me to know if it works when you start a new game (like it do for me) or if the problem is more in depth.

Minoin

Jan 16, 2018
I can't promise a fast correction because it's really completely weird. Just to be sure, you live in the same universe than everyone else, not in the in the twilight zone, right ?
x'Dx'Dx'D... Yup, Twilight zone, That's me!! #StoryOfMyLife x'Dx'Dx'D.
And don't worry about promising: I don't traffic in promises, so no worries ;-)

There's a problem, it's clear, and I must find what it's because it's neither your version of the game nor your version of the mod which is corrupted. [...]
So, I assume that the saved file is corrupted in a way or another, but now I must find why and how. [...] It will take times, but I'll find out :/
I figured out the issue, it was my fault: I had previously added/used @Kinnerman's mod; instead of deleting the 2 files from the folder, I had renamed them (standard 'disable by renaming' reflex), not considering that that wouldn't disable them. so I think that's what was the portal to the twilight zone. That's also why I had more severe issues than you had and many more scenes that didn't present the choice. Once I deleted those from the folder, everything kinda (see below) went back to normal.

Meanwhile, can you do something for me ? Start a new game, and at home go to the toilet, or start jerking off. It's two situations which don't works with your saved. Just for me to know if it works when you start a new game (like it do for me) or if the problem is more in depth.
So I did this as suggested: while the other cheat files were in the folder, the new game played the same way, not giving any choices in any of the scenes I indicated. So I then took a clean version of the game and mod and started from scratch, and the options played as intended. When I compared the two folder of the game, I noticed the one glitching had the extra cheat files in it Q.E.D., the cause of the problem. Moral of the story: don't mix cheats and drive, kids!
FYI, I noticed another curiosity: When I used the old saves in the 'clean' game, I indeed got the same errors as you did. If I then started a new game without restarting the program (aka "without stopping the game"), then the new game also had the glitches, despite being a new version in the clean game.:tf:

Anyway, Thanks for the help. I learned a bit about what NOT to do with these mod files. Hopefully it'll come in handy in the future, cause I'm seriously considering to learn how to make my own games :coldsweat:.
Take care,
Minoin!

anne O'nymous

Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
I figured out the issue, it was my fault: I had previously added/used @Kinnerman's mod
Glad to know that you can recommence to play the game normally. I'll update OP to warn about the incompatibility between the two mods.
So, now it's not an emergency anymore, but it's too late, it awakened my curiosity. How can his mod made my one works in a so weird way ? Who know, there's perhaps a Nobel price behind this discovery :D

Anyway, Thanks for the help.
You're welcome. Mods aren't this different from games. They can have bugs and need a support coming from their author. Mines tend to have really few bugs, it's reassuring to see that sometimes it's not the case ; so it's true, I'm only just a human after all ;)

I learned a bit about what NOT to do with these mod files. Hopefully it'll come in handy in the future, cause I'm seriously considering to learn how to make my own games :coldsweat:.
Well, good luck for this future. It's a hard task, but also a rewarding one.

TheGR8STNoob

May 21, 2018
So i'm completely lost. i keep getting the error message whenever i try to launch the game after i downloaded the mod. how do i stop the error message and where do i download the mod to? i read the installation directions but im still stuck. help please?

Minoin

Jan 16, 2018
So, now it's not an emergency anymore, but it's too late, it awakened my curiosity. How can his mod made my one works in a so weird way ? Who know, there's perhaps a Nobel price behind this discovery :D
Hehehe... Yeah, I know that feeling: I know nothing at this point about RenPy (and hardly anything about coding in actually, besides the very basic idea of how it works), but I still dove into the problem trying to solve it, with a combi of obsessive curiosity and pit-bull mentality to get to the bottom of it :)

Mines tend to have really few bugs, it's reassuring to see that sometimes it's not the case ; so it's true, I'm only just a human after all ;)
To quote Dumbledore:
“I make mistakes like the next man. In fact, being--forgive me--rather cleverer than most men, my mistakes tend to be correspondingly huger.”
This is the story of my life ;)

Well, good luck for this future. It's a hard task, but also a rewarding one.
As for that.. I am looking into going into visual novels. Do you have any tips where to start in terms of programs used? I don't mind a learning curve if it leads to a better tool: in the end it needs to be able to handle in-game puzzles and quizzes, and ideally also display ' '.
My current Internet search seems to point at Ren'Py being my best(/only?:coldsweat:) option, but I'm still in early orientation stage, so any pointers are more than welcome.

Thanks again, and I hope to be mentioned in the Nobel Price acceptance speech :happyblush

anne O'nymous

Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
My current Internet search seems to point at Ren'Py being my best(/only?:coldsweat:) option, but I'm still in early orientation stage, so any pointers are more than welcome.
Ren'py is the best starting point, especially if you plan to create a virtual novel. Easy to use, not really difficult to understand the basis, and still really powerful. This served by it's how language and Python, which is a language used world wide to teach computer coding. You can start low without any knowledge, then learn, at your own pace, increasing the complexity of your creation with each new knowledge learned.
This said, if Python let you have real time 3D and Ren'py can be used this way, it's far to be the best engine for this and it need a really high level of knowledge. For this, the best option stay professional engines line Unity or Unreal. But, who said "professional engines" also imply "high level of knowledge needed".
So, my advice is to start with a less ambitious project using Ren'py. It will teach you both coding and game writing. Why not even start by modding ? Not necessarily a mod as ambitious as this one, not even necessarily a mod that you make public. In fact it don't really need to be a real mod. You take Ren'py doc in one hand, a Ren'py game in the other, and start to tweak the game, to mess with it's content. It's the most effective way to learn since you directly practice what you discover and have an effective result in front of you. In the same time, you also learn by the fact that you firstly need to understand what the code you have in front of you do.
Then, when you know how to make a game with Ren'py, you can decide it you want to go further with an engine offering 3D capabilities, or not.

Thanks again, and I hope to be mentioned in the Nobel Price acceptance speech :happyblush
I will :D

omnifill

Jun 3, 2017
i have a question in the event manual their is a policewoman event (18) where is that one. im using the mod to see what I missed and that's the only one left

anne O'nymous

Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
i have a question in the event manual their is a policewoman event (18) where is that one. im using the mod to see what I missed and that's the only one left
It's an event which is already defined in the game code, but not implemented yet.

omnifill

Jun 3, 2017
well shit I wasted a hole lot of time looking for nothing then. thenks for telling me that.

5.00 star(s) 6 Votes