M0nte

Oct 4, 2020
Plus not to mention you're really gonna look me in the eye and tell me they wouldn't isolate the kids from the outside world and it's views? It's no different than being born into a cult , oh sure once you're an adult and thoroughly indoctrinated they will let you go and spread the word of their religion but will get pissy if you refuse them, i.e Cait more or less threatening to leave if you refuse to build her a whore house oh I mean ''temple'',a temple that is dozens of times less expensive to build than to rent a ''holy womb'' ,''ohh it's for the kids upbringing and education that's why it's expensive'' Oh really? You went from a few hundred k down to 15k rather easily,it's almost like it doesn't cost you anywhere close to that and they're just trying to bolster their numbers while at the same time making a big profit from fools. We already have an orphanage in town that we fund, I'd leave my kids with
Gwyneth any day,but a religious sex cult? Yeah no thanks
I mean, yeah, it is fucked up at the end of the day. But it is a lucrative business. If people feel like the harlots womb is worth that much, why not? It is not like they force people to pay their services.

destroyerofassholes

Oct 23, 2019
I mean, kinda? On one hand , the entire process of you hiring a prostitute so that you could have a child is messed up from our modern world view.
On other hand, going by the knowledge that this game is set in the horny, dark age past, it is no worse than having arranged marriage. While it is strange for you to pay for womb of a harlot, you are doing it with the knowledge that your child is going to be taken care of nicely. Since you have to remember that the followers of Mallach are not your average harlots. They are holy ones. They get best education/state of living money can buy. And it is not like you are forced to give up on your child/ren after that, judging by Caits dad.

As for them being integrated into there religion. Again it is nothing worse than what we know can happen in rest of the world. Your child destiny is as predetermined as that of the orc or noble. And it is not like they force children into following there mothers footsteps. While yes, they are raised with the teachings of Mallach, it is no different than what a lot of other nations do in that setting.

I mean,can you not allowing Cait to build Mallachs temple be read as you not wanting to have anything to do with her, her god and religion? I think that is the most direct way of you doing things.
It's 0 to 100 too quick. I can somewhat believe the idea that you "rent her womb", but outright confiscating the child would be a turnoff to many characters in-universe too. I plain don't like how we are not getting ANY sort of say about the literal child of the protagonist. Or how we can't even react.

Like I'd be fine with this if the MC had a chance to react and say "what the fuck".

Tobs or Savin simply doesn't give you the chance.

To them, if you chose the scene, you completely agreed with everything that they will ever write from then on. Too black and white.

And before you pull out the same card "but you can't praise Cait either bro"

Remember that Savin literally fucking put an option for a quest called "Thx4Cait" where you thank ther Dad...for making Cait a thing. Don't even start, man.

I guess I'm just too jaded over CoC2 choices in general. It's like Fallout 4 against Fallout New Vegas, in one game you read exactly what you will say, in another, it might say "No" for a choice but the actual dialogue is very rude.

It's much like that. I might choose a scene, but I don't expect my character to act like he does in that scene. And this happens way too fucking often.

M0nte

Oct 4, 2020
It's 0 to 100 too quick. I can somewhat believe the idea that you "rent her womb", but outright confiscating the child would be a turnoff to many characters in-universe too. I plain don't like how we are not getting ANY sort of say about the literal child of the protagonist. Or how we can't even react.

Like I'd be fine with this if the MC had a chance to react and say "what the fuck".

Tobs or Savin simply doesn't give you the chance.

To them, if you chose the scene, you completely agreed with everything that they will ever write from then on. Too black and white.

And before you pull out the same card "but you can't praise Cait either bro"

Remember that Savin literally fucking put an option for a quest called "Thx4Cait" where you thank ther Dad...for making Cait a thing. Don't even start, man.

I guess I'm just too jaded over CoC2 choices in general. It's like Fallout 4 against Fallout New Vegas, in one game you read exactly what you will say, in another, it might say "No" for a choice but the actual dialogue is very rude.

It's much like that. I might choose a scene, but I don't expect my character to act like he does in that scene. And this happens way too fucking often.
Your character takes indifferent stance. They do not praise or reject how Mallach does thing. Which, if they are not giving us the choice to make our stance on that stuff, is best way for them to do it. While yes, it does suck that you have no imput in what your character wants to say, 90 percent of the time it is not necessarily.

Also, if you go and pay for their services, you are agreeing to their terms. While it sucks for you that you can not take your child with you, the game makes it no secret what is going to happen to them. Why would developers write about you complaining about the service you yourself payed for if you are getting exactly what you payef for?

That whole "Thanks 4 Cait" is there if you want to say it. That is a good thing. It is a nice way for your character to show affection you feel towards her. As noted, if you are doing characters quest, game is going to assume that you care at least somewhat for them in some capacity. It is nor unique to this quest alone. Me saying this is not justification for it tho. I also have that problem where it feels like game is making to many assumptions when it comes to reasons why you are doing certain quest/things. Etheryn and Brinr being also up there.
But at same time, most of the companions and quest do have good deal of story variations depending on how you deal with the quest itself. So as you said, it is not all black and white.

And I am sorry, but comparing this game to fallout 4 is kind of insulting. While the game is not as open ended as NW, it certainly has more story variety and story consequences then 4. A lot in fact. To small changes in dialogue to major story decisions.

Still, thaf last thing about your character acting differently to how you expect them to in certain scenes. Yeah, it happens. But in defence, it is kind of hard to convey what a entire dialogue scene is going to convey into one square. And most of the time, game gives you good enough idea how the scene is going to play out.

sickdude

Sep 15, 2020
I am really tired of the endless sidequests ... Guys am I the only one who wants some demon corruption like the demon transformation in the Brienne Dream (that was AWESOME!) ?? Like WTF I want this demon corruption with demonification of my companions ... every update is just a huge disappointment when I read from another minor quest. JUST give us Kasyrra content!!!!

throbzombie

Oct 15, 2020
I mean they could. But at same time, they do not give you option to praise their way of thinking. So while they do not give you options to give you your opinion on the matter, in larger context of the game it is not needee necessarily beyond roleplay. While that aspect is important, not everything should be given same attention.
And as I said, not building the temple in name of god can be seen as a way for you to express your dissatisfaction with Mallach.
I didn't think I needed to point out that the whole issue was about roleplay. If we pared down the content just to what was "needed," then it would just be a visual novel. Staying mum on the subject is implicit approval, little different than praise, and disapproving of certain practices doesn't mean we reject Mallach wholesale. Like, the prostitution angle might be alright, but the child indoctrination thing is totally different. Why shouldn't we get to tell her so, at least?

As DoA said, it's too black-and-white.

Last edited:
Reactions: destroyerofassholes

Malcowitz

Feb 14, 2018
Are you fucking joking me that the lame fucking whore cat is the first mayternity character. I literally never use that dumb character because I find her content lame and now they're tying actual content behind her?

What's been the reaction on their forums? Hammers down for insulting the waifu or what?

M0nte

Oct 4, 2020
I didn't think I needed to point out that the whole issue was about roleplay. If we pared down the content just to what was "needed," then it would just be a visual novel. Staying mum on the subject is implicit approval, little different than praise, and disapproving of certain practices doesn't mean we reject Mallach wholesale. Like, the prostitution angle might be alright, but the child indoctrination thing is totally different. Why shouldn't we get to tell her so, at least?

As DoA said, it's too black-and-white.
Yeah, that would be nice. But I do not see how you not being able to say your opinion about the subject makes the game any worse. Adding that option would just make the game better. Not having it does not make it worse.

Are you fucking joking me that the lame fucking whore cat is the first mayternity character. I literally never use that dumb character because I find her content lame and now they're tying actual content behind her?

What's been the reaction on their forums? Hammers down for insulting the waifu or what?
Forums like Cait.

Malcowitz

Feb 14, 2018
Also can I just say that like, I'm personally peeved that every time we meet a god/dess, it always ends with "you probably won't ever see us again" like no bitch get back here, I outwitted you in an ace attorney courtroom, I built you a giant temple in the sticks for your power base, at least let me booty call you more than once i'm fighting your greatest fear here. The only one we get to meet/fuck on the reg is the fox, and that's AFTER they tease us with that portrait of mallach (and sun tiddy whose name I forget), no wonder everyone want to side with Kas - she's got plans to let us see her regularly!
Like no joke, Kasyrra has the only concrete and good goal (try and reinsert souls into demons) that I'd genuinely actually wanna look into (because the whole idea behind imps is lame as hell as they just shit out more, boring red dick havers)

Reactions: sickdude

throbzombie

Oct 15, 2020
Yeah, that would be nice. But I do not see how you not being able to say your opinion about the subject makes the game any worse. Adding that option would just make the game better. Not having it does not make it worse.
Yes, yes, all of it, yes. You just laid out my opinion beautifully.

destroyerofassholes

Oct 23, 2019

The forums are full of sycophants. Don't expect them to criticize any of the content. The writers cultivate that sort of culture through really not taking any sort of criticism well, being pretty hostile themselves. Doesn't help that most of the forum people are actively paying for the game, and most patreon/subscribestar/whateverthefuck supporters seem to align a game's criticism with their own person being criticized, so yeah.

destroyerofassholes

Oct 23, 2019
Pretty much exactly what I've been trying to convey except that not having it does make it worse in this particular case. If you're going to go out of your way to include options to simp your oh so important OC, include the options to criticize or say "fuck off" as well. It's only fair.

I genuinely feel that these options lacking is pretty obvious at times, and that to me is a fault and does actively make the game worse. Feels like the writers are incredibly afraid of ever saying or writing anything bad about their own characters, so much so that they don't allow the PC to harbor anything less than positive feelings towards them.

throbzombie

Oct 15, 2020
Like no joke, Kasyrra has the only concrete and good goal (try and reinsert souls into demons) that I'd genuinely actually wanna look into (because the whole idea behind imps is lame as hell as they just shit out more, boring red dick havers)
Like, seriously, she'd probably be a better god than the rest of them. Tollus is the real bad guy.

destroyerofassholes

Oct 23, 2019
Like, seriously, she'd probably be a better god than the rest of them. Tollus is the real bad guy.
She's far more interesting than any of the worthless deities of the game. For one, she doesn't seem to suffer from the "lmao im too important fuck off" problem.

I legit want a traitor ending where we defect to her side. Fuck this.

Reactions: ctenken

Lolicon Kami

Nov 3, 2019
Anyone else feels a bit off about the temple womb rental? What I mean is they get a bigass lump of money AND they get to indoctrinate the kid into the temple.
Welcome to religion. No different than some of the christian denominations in Europe trying to get you to sign everything over to them in your will...

And in Japan, if you want to get buried in a Buddhist/Shinto cemetery, you legit need to pay a fee for a contract where they agree to look after your body for 1,000 years (and because of that, the fee is damn high).

Makes sense? No. Makes profit? Yes.

M0nte

Oct 4, 2020
If you're going to go out of your way to include options to simp your oh so important OC, include the options to criticize or say "fuck off" as well.
I assume that you are still talking about her religion. Like I would understand your complaint if we had the option to praise is it but not criticise it. But we do not. We still do not have option to preach Mallachs teaching. And "Thanks r Cait" is not it. Praising her and her beliefs are not mutually inclusive.
Also, kind of seems counterintuitive if you go out of your way in helping her just so that you could insult her.

She's far more interesting than any of the worthless deities of the game. For one, she doesn't seem to suffer from the "lmao im too important fuck off" problem.

I legit want a traitor ending where we defect to her side. Fuck this.
There should be one. Why else would they give you a option to romance her?

Rest of the gods do not force you to join them against their will.
Kas is an evil being through and through.

Welcome to religion. No different than some of the christian denominations in Europe trying to get you to sign everything over to them in your will...
Lets fucking not...

kazama19jin

Sep 25, 2019

And in Japan, if you want to get buried in a Buddhist/Shinto cemetery, you legit need to pay a fee for a contract where they agree to look after your body for 1,000 years (and because of that, the fee is damn high).

Makes sense? No. Makes profit? Yes.
If I did something like that for my dad he would haunt me for doing something so financially stupid

2.90 star(s) 103 Votes