Mandoto

Mar 23, 2021
Did Fen ever express his discontent over Savin "Cuckold Doodle Doo" Mander's handle on the game or is this just baseless rumors?

I really hope it's fuckin' true he's considering kicking that dude out instead of some hate boner fantasy. (Also I thought Fen stepped out of the leadership role?)
Savin is unfortunately in complete control of CoC2, so the only way he'd stop working on it is if he stepped down and quit. I think Fen just quit writing for some (undoubtedly) stupid reason.

King_Ogre

May 18, 2021
Savin is unfortunately in complete control of CoC2, so the only way he'd stop working on it is if he stepped down and quit. I think Fen just quit writing for some (undoubtedly) stupid reason.
The issue is that Savin has no front page to distribute CoC2. And Fen has that game listed as his (His page and wiki) So, in a degree Fenoxo has control over de IP.

throbzombie

Oct 15, 2020
The issue is that Savin has no front page to distribute CoC2. And Fen has that game listed as his (His page and wiki) So, in a degree Fenoxo has control over de IP.
Yeah, but does he even care what happens to it? Fen got sick of working on CoC when it was around 80% done and eventually just stopped working it altogether, in favor of TiTS. He only "finished" it because people wouldn't stop bugging him about it. At this point, I think Fenoxo just wants to be done with CoC and is only hosting it as a courtesy to Savin.

JTakiyaa

Dec 9, 2019
Did Fen ever express his discontent over Savin "Cuckold Doodle Doo" Mander's handle on the game or is this just baseless rumors?

I really hope it's fuckin' true he's considering kicking that dude out instead of some hate boner fantasy. (Also I thought Fen stepped out of the leadership role?)
I don't know or heard of such rumours before. But as far as I've seen their interactions past years. Fen is the kind who would take a beating for Savin in the forums meanwhile Savin would mostly shit on Fen's game as a pretense of joking or either tard wrangle Fen's politic mumbling during some patchnotes release.

Reactions: hentaifelf

JTakiyaa

Dec 9, 2019
yes (jk)

Being serious, The coding on the game is taking most of his time to focus on the plot.
That doesn't make sense. To me at least. Why not hire a single competent coder to program a framework for the game that can be used by their main coders in the future. A flexible one too. The content can just be copy and pasted so he just needs to write in the new one. So after all a long hiatus he didn't even start on his homework then. Fucking brilliant.

jfmherokiller

May 25, 2020

make of that what you will
tbh my guess was based off the code observed here and the fact that in the game's code you can find reference of "cordova.js" but no such file exists. Finally when looking at the function names in the js code you can find pretty much 1:1 copies of functions from coc1.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: silentangel

Fikedever

May 26, 2020
tbh my guess was based off the code observed here and the fact that in the game's code you can find reference of "cordova.js" but no such file exists. Finally when looking at the function names in the js code you can find pretty much 1:1 copies of functions from coc1.
I would say they copy pasted the engine from TiTs which probably had lots of code from CoC1 itself. That would explain the 1 to 1 function names.

The cordova might be interesting, but from what I'm reading that webpage its simply a phone target platform: . It is entirely possible they used Apache Cordova to build the game for desktop/web browser.

WazaQQXOXO

Jul 10, 2021
That doesn't make sense. To me at least. Why not hire a single competent coder to program a framework for the game that can be used by their main coders in the future. A flexible one too. The content can just be copy and pasted so he just needs to write in the new one. So after all a long hiatus he didn't even start on his homework then. Fucking brilliant.
From what I've read across a bunch of threads, Fenoxo is not reputed for the way he manages his projects.

The JS port is a whole story in itself, as illustrated by the introduction dungeon implemented February of this year. (The fucking game has been out for a bunch of years.)

Reactions: JTakiyaa
2.90 star(s) 107 Votes