Quintilus

Engaged Member
Aug 8, 2020
I'm pretty sure it was mentioned in-game that Kohaku can use the waystones.
TOBS, u still didnt shut ur ugly mouth.
Did u noticed that the word 'and' highlighted with italic? I bet you didnt.
So I rephrase question in a way for you to understand
How does Kohaku is able to be in two places simultaneously and why did she hides behind a fake personality? Or fake personality actually a real personality?

Lord Kentus

Jan 4, 2021
I cannot believe we are still on TOBs after all these pages, his mediocre writing is not worth this much attention.

Him and his daddy issues aside there is precious little to even delve into, his characterization is non existent and the prose is lukewarm at best.

I mean there isn't even anything new to complain about, just his same old shitty kitsune garbage.

Bootyman

Apr 7, 2018
Why is TOBs so insistent on making the Kitsune pregnancy content once off? Kohaku is probably the most tolerable of the Kitsune's purely because she doesn't go "INFERIOR OUTSIDER" under her breath the entire time.

Bootyman

Apr 7, 2018
Man, I was partially joking there but I didn't know he could be this much of a piece of cardboard. Who the fuck reacts like this to having a kid? And why the forced drama of me being gone forever as if it hasn't just been 5 days? Why can't he let things just be nice?!
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
So pretty obvious that TOBs didn't actually want to do Kohaku pregnant content and made your character an asshole about it out of spite.

muschi26

Engaged Member
Jun 22, 2019
Why is TOBs so insistent on making the Kitsune pregnancy content once off?
See, my explanation would’ve been so that he could focus on creating a full parenting experience, kind of like Aileh got. If that were the case, I would get the one-child limit: it’s hard to plan out something like that when you could potentially have hundreds of children with a character; and if you start out with a a full experience, people would expect it to go on for every kid after that.

However, this definitely isn’t the case, so I literally have no clue as to why he limits it like that.

M0nte

Oct 4, 2020
To make Kiyoko more distinct and to follow the role.

Also, what is Bubbles from Power Puff Girls doing these days.

Reactions: Cerneu

muschi26

Engaged Member
Jun 22, 2019
Kiyoko already has the distinction of being able to give birth every five days, as opposed to every 270 (or however long the other kitsune pregnancies take).

If Kiyoko needs to stand out, I’d rather it be organically, by giving her content that focuses on her role as den mother, and that draws attention to just how many kids she’s having, how she’s raising them, etc. IDK, after what happened with Kinu, you might be able to participate a little more. Or maybe give her more pregnancy-specific content—as is I think she only has the double belly-job with Miko.

I also think lore goes out the window when you can have hundreds of children all under the care of one person in the nursery of a small border-town. There’s just a slight inconsistency problem. For Kohaku in particular, she says you should wait until your kid is weaned before you have another, but realistically you could spend however many years that takes in-game, and then what would be stopping you? The code, not the lore.

Lord Kentus

Jan 4, 2021
So pretty obvious that TOBs didn't actually want to do Kohaku pregnant content and made your character an asshole about it out of spite.
This is the one fair point I will actually give TOBs, none of the writers besides maybe J-Star are anywhere near decent at actually writing the PC and perspective for them. They self insert, keep them painfully bland and neutral or essentially just use them as a non interactive camera, you are not a person with any of them.

So TOBs in this regard is just painfully average in this mound of shit rather then standing at its pinnacle like normal.

Furmilk

Nov 27, 2019
I'ma stop you right there and say that I greatly enjoyed all the fox pregnancies, Kohaku in particular, and the fact that they're a 1 time only event makes me hide modders in my basement to keep them safe and allow them to do gods work.

muschi26

Engaged Member
Jun 22, 2019
This is the one fair point I will actually give TOBs, none of the writers besides maybe J-Star are anywhere near decent at actually writing the PC and perspective for them. They self insert, keep them painfully bland and neutral or essentially just use them as a non interactive camera, you are not a person with any of them.

So TOBs in this regard is just painfully average in this mound of shit rather then standing at its pinnacle like normal.
I will say, it’s pretty hard to give the PC any personality, because if you do, for every one person who resonates with the way the PC was written, there’s at least one other who’ll think, “What the hell! My character doesn’t act like that!” Honestly, I’m trying to imagine what a writer could possibly rely on to inform their writing the PC, and I can’t see much beyond corruption—as in, very low corruption means “generally a good guy”, whereas very high corruption means “generally a bad guy”—but even then, it’s not much to go by: a PC with low corruption could still be anywhere between a firm and self-confident guy who’s nonetheless respectful and understanding to a total pushover; and likewise, a highly corrupt individual could be a smoothtalking, subtle agent of corruption, or they could be a complete brute who just crushes or bends over everything they run into.

Wrynn13

Apr 11, 2018
A writer could for example give the player a number of prompts that set the tone for the encounter, for example button #1 is something snarky and sarcastic leading to a scene from a snarky sarcastic PC #2 for a edgelord response ect...

Of course there is a limit to how many prompts/flavors of the scene you can come up with and there will always be someone playing something outside of them but it's better than not trying.

muschi26

Engaged Member
Jun 22, 2019
A writer could for example give the player a number of prompts that set the tone for the encounter, for example button #1 is something snarky and sarcastic leading to a scene from a snarky sarcastic PC #2 for a edgelord response ect...

Of course there is a limit to how many prompts/flavors of the scene you can come up with and there will always be someone playing something outside of them but it's better than not trying.
That could be an option, but it would mean a lot more work for the writer. I also wonder as to the limitations of such buttons: the first thing that came to mind was the dialogue wheel in Fallout 4, which works on a similar principle, and was horribly misleading most of the time; how well could a onetime prompt from the player accurately reflect the tone of an entire scene, especially a longer one?

Walk Cycle

Dec 18, 2018

Another method is how TiTS does it: Brute/Bimbo Speech to affect how the character talks and personality alignments (Kind/Mischievous/Hard) for how the character acts. The problem is barely any writer bothers in using them.

Seyser Koze

Aug 23, 2021
I am referring to old stuff.
For example. Doctor Badger is someone SI which when first introduced would forcibly transform and rape the MC without warning, while being impossible to retaliate or fight.

When people complained, fen and co responded with widespread bannings on their forums and deleting of all complaints.
They then played whack a mole with players posting on their forums for a few weeks before finally relenting and:
1. giving warning and making it avoidable
2. allowing you to seek revenge by bimbofying badger
Didn't this already happen in the first game with that centaur character?

muschi26

Engaged Member
Jun 22, 2019
Another method is how TiTS does it: Brute/Bimbo Speech to affect how the character talks and personality alignments (Kind/Mischievous/Hard) for how the character acts. The problem is barely any writer bothers in using them.
CoC2 also has a brute/bimbo perk (or was it just bimbo?), but it doesn’t have a personality meter, does it?

Lord Kentus

Jan 4, 2021
I will say, it’s pretty hard to give the PC any personality
This is actually one of the best formats for it, text based CYOA is by far the best platform to do multiple iterations of personality. That involves actually work, taking feedback and working out generalized personality archetypes though. Savin&Co aren't that diligent and aren't anywhere near that skilled.

That said though this is one of better arenas of it, text based, multiple choice games tend to offer at least the illusion of freedom most of the time though most simply lack the scale to put much in the way of depth into said system, COC II is the piggy bank of these hacks and they more then have the coin to implement said system.

They don't though because its far easier and simpler to just what with whatever is convenient for their current scene.

But they could do it, of that I have little doubt.

2.90 star(s) 107 Votes