mrttao

Forum Fanatic
Jun 11, 2021
So people are counting mod as cannon and the lore of the game is getting forgotten as a result.interesting.

Well first of all coc2 isnt a sequal to coc1 and its lore is ALREADY based in an incocistent plot line:
In CoC, nothing gets out of mareth once it enters. This is a universal law upheld by unknown means and is never touched upon why it is so. One can make assumptions, but it matters little. In one of the several endings (read: one of the several contrived endings written to get it over with by Savin), it turns out that the head demonic researcher that has two whole single line mentions in the entire game from throwaway crap in the bazaar managed to discover a way to leave Mareth properly and kept it hidden from everyone else. We'll go with this as if it's not really dumb. In CoC2, the main demonic villain comes into whatever shithole the game plays out through a portal that opens every so often much like the one in ingnam or whatever, except this one needs some form of ritual with cultists too, I guess? Either way, this happens almost right after or even during the CoC protagonist's fight with Lethice, right after this demon steals that research of portals or whatever. Now answer me: where in that time frame did she have time to learn the spell or method, communicate with the cultists, and wait for the portal to naturally open on time to not only apply this method and communicate with the cultists? Savin also seems to be under the assumption that all portals that aren't unstable that vanish completely to never return operate on a very specific schedule of exactly a year when no portals—stable or not—are ever consistent with each other like this. A direct quote from CoC2 to display the inconsistency the game is based on: Evergreen nods, reclining back on her divan. "The Hawkstone portal opens only once a year, and when it does, only one transaction occurs. Most portals allow passage freely, if you can find them and force them open with the correct rituals, but this one... wherever it leads seems to operate differently than other worlds. One thing goes through, and one thing comes back. And only once each year."

So its too late to care about lore when you not only rushed the first game but have the second game be incosistent asf and make no sense at all.In my humble opinion ofc

Second of all people are mixing up the lore of coc1 and the lore of coc1 modded ver.Seems to me that people are either dumb and forgetful and cant differentiate between OG coc1 and MOD coc1 OR people prefer the MOD coc1 and hence dont talk about OG coc1 lore.

Only thing i see is people enjoying the modded version of a game more so than the original and that just speaks to the writers incompetence and inability to take criticism and become better(Mind you this answer is based on the screenshots you provided)
The reason it doesn't add up is because they are not talking about this kind of lore.

I am pretty sure the "lore" they are actually salty about is things like their special DONUT STEEL self inserts getting unapproved of changes.
Modders added options to turn various futas into women
Modders added lesbian, gay, and straight optional content for characters who were otherwise locked into specific alignments.
Modders added ways to turn the table against untouchable opponents like akabal. (who specifically demanded that akabal will never ever be a bottom. if you win against him, you get the OPTION to beg him to bless you with power. that is it.)

THAT is the lore they are mad about.

Remember when they introduced Dr Badger to TiTs (futa who auto rapes you with no warning and you can never get back at) they spent literally weeks banning and deleting the post of everyone who complained about it in the forums (which was pretty much everyone) until finally caving in weeks later and agreeing to let you both opt out of being raped, and optionally turn the table son dr badger.

And that was due to massive huge fan outcry where they genuinely worried their game would tank if they didn't backtrack. and it still took weeks of fighting their community before they surrendered.
Many other very unpopular choices stayed forever. Because the fan outcry simply was not big enough to threaten tanking the project

With mods, they know people are going to let people opt out of their various forced fetishes with their OC DONUT STEEL characters like cait the nasty used sock.
This infuriates and scares them. So they are anti modding.

Link_Xp4444

Jan 6, 2018
You know, this might be a little off-topic at the moment since we're talking about Cait but there's something that's bothering me - like a sort of nagging at the back of my head. Do you think The Observer is ever going to get triggered over the idea of people intentionally keeping Kiyoko and your children in the amber orb in order to avoid all the potential drama that's involved with letting them out. (If I remember correctly, Kiyoko and the children turn against you during one of the festivals that the fox den holds in order to fit in with all their clan-mates, and Kinu starts to think that you're a terrible father somewhere down the line.)

So, in order to punish people for keeping Kiyoko in the orb he might create a sort of system where if you have cleared the initial kitsune den quest and have collected the amber orb you'll get a dream from Keros warning you that you only have 50 days to come to him and release Kiyoko from the orb or "something bad" will happen to you. Should you ignore this warning, once the 50 days are up you'll get a bad ending where Kiyoko and all the children you've had together are freed from the orb, but in return you're trapped inside of it for all eternity. I'm sure The Observer could mine quite a lot of salt by doing something devious like this.

This wouldn't affect people who have had Kiyoko in the orb for hundreds of days, since you need to have the warning dream from Keros in order to start the timer but once you've had that dream you'll only have said 50 days in order to let Kiyoko and everyone else out. I hope I'm not giving The Observer any ideas with this premonition of mine but it's just a bad feeling I've been having for a while.

• Haha
Reactions: NODOGAN

AnonZeta

Jun 30, 2021
You know, this might be a little off-topic at the moment since we're talking about Cait but there's something that's bothering me - like a sort of nagging at the back of my head. Do you think The Observer is ever going to get triggered over the idea of people intentionally keeping Kiyoko and your children in the amber orb in order to avoid all the potential drama that's involved with letting them out. (If I remember correctly, Kiyoko and the children turn against you during one of the festivals that the fox den holds in order to fit in with all their clan-mates, and Kinu starts to think that you're a terrible father somewhere down the line.)

So, in order to punish people for keeping Kiyoko in the orb he might create a sort of system where if you have cleared the initial kitsune den quest and have collected the amber orb you'll get a dream from Keros warning you that you only have 50 days to come to him and release Kiyoko from the orb or "something bad" will happen to you. Should you ignore this warning, once the 50 days are up you'll get a bad ending where Kiyoko and all the children you've had together are freed from the orb, but in return you're trapped inside of it for all eternity. I'm sure The Observer could mine quite a lot of salt by doing something devious like this.

This wouldn't affect people who have had Kiyoko in the orb for hundreds of days, since you need to have the warning dream from Keros in order to start the timer but once you've had that dream you'll only have said 50 days in order to let Kiyoko and everyone else out. I hope I'm not giving The Observer any ideas with this premonition of mine but it's just a bad feeling I've been having for a while.
I mean the best fix is let the bitch rot in there and never start a family since we known beyond the forth wall that TOBS is a assholeish writer and one of the best ways to deal with it is to simply not engage with it

MagnaSonic3000

Jan 22, 2018
Looking at the changelog proper and going through some new event changes, Imma say that the hgg mod isn't just little girl touching and literal womb fucking. I think people who only see that, ignoring the toggles that turn them off, are about as simplistic as the guy who couldn't get past the Cuphead tutorial. Some of the changes allow people to beat the asses of people some have come to despise, either due to some fuckery preventing you from doing anything, or something that seems to turn the brain off for your champion, as if you weren't already planning to tan their ass when you won. The above Akbal fuck getting his ass rocked and then promptly raped by a champion who rightfully earned their ability to tell him to sit the fuck down is a pretty glowing example of telling all these snowflake writers to fuck off.

I don't mind writers getting stuck to their OC, but I fucking despise when they decide that a certain character is invincible for arbitrary purposes. It doesn't work for what, plot reasons? Everyone you beat ends up being punished by the player because that's the law of the land. Might makes right. If you kill your foe in battle, then clearly you were always in the right. Being locked out of abusing someone after a rightful victory is completely out of character for the entire fucking universe. That's lore breaking for the sake of hurt fee fees. You know what we call an unrapeable enemy even though we put in the effort to take him down? POWER FANTASY!

So I don't even wanna hear it.

Biostar

Aug 4, 2017
(If I remember correctly, Kiyoko and the children turn against you during one of the festivals that the fox den holds in order to fit in with all their clan-mates, and Kinu starts to think that you're a terrible father somewhere down the line.)
I don't recall this at all.

Orphanus

Oct 25, 2019
Hey I only keep her around for the milk. Why fund a groomer temple when I can fund a orphanage the size of a Hilton hotel.
I mean I even like Cait, or rather I would, if not for the clear purpose of spitting in people's faces behind how a lot of her interactions are handled. I don't care if she isn't available for a romance (even though that takes away from the meaningfulness of how things started out with her) but what annoys me about the whole discussion around her is that on 1 hand her never agreeing to exclusivity is meant as a sorta "punishment" for players wanting a harem without the members getting it on with anyone else, but on the other hand there is absolutely no pay off to not acting exactly like that. The game doesn't care enough about player virginity in a lot of the scenes (basically none of the companions have any special scenes for being the protagonist's first in anything, and if so it's never handled in a way that really makes it feel emotionally meaningful) and it does not only not react to them staying faithful to someone but instead repeatedly just acts as if the protagonist is sleeping around.
The whole argument on the Devs' end is so hypocritical it's really outlandish, if the game doesn't have the level of interactivity and adaptability that playing as a romantic who only courts a single character then there is no real base for trying to pretend it's unrealistic to let the MC do whatever they want but their companions not getting intimate with other characters without the player's input.

Wrynn13

Apr 11, 2018

While that does sound like a Tobsian thing to do he probably realizes if he did so those people would just restart and not engage the amulet at all, and he'd probably think that worse. Of course since he salt mines here if he didn't have the idea before he does now...

Wrynn13

Apr 11, 2018
I mean I even like Cait, or rather I would, if not for the clear purpose of spitting in people's faces behind how a lot of her interactions are handled. I don't care if she isn't available for a romance (even though that takes away from the meaningfulness of how things started out with her) but what annoys me about the whole discussion around her is that on 1 hand her never agreeing to exclusivity is meant as a sorta "punishment" for players wanting a harem without the members getting it on with anyone else, but on the other hand there is absolutely no pay off to not acting exactly like that. The game doesn't care enough about player virginity in a lot of the scenes (basically none of the companions have any special scenes for being the protagonist's first in anything, and if so it's never handled in a way that really makes it feel emotionally meaningful) and it does not only not react to them staying faithful to someone but instead repeatedly just acts as if the protagonist is sleeping around.
The whole argument on the Devs' end is so hypocritical it's really outlandish, if the game doesn't have the level of interactivity and adaptability that playing as a romantic who only courts a single character then there is no real base for trying to pretend it's unrealistic to let the MC do whatever they want but their companions not getting intimate with other characters without the player's input.
My only actual problems with her are her groomer religion and how Savin shoves her down the players throat early game. Try not recruiting her at all and compare it to a playthrough with her and be amazed at all the things you suddenly can't do without her involvement. This did fade as the game progressed, to be replaced by Etheruined...

Orphanus

Oct 25, 2019
LT scripting most NPCs to have a reaction if you lost your virginity in a sex scene runs circles around this game. At least there's a reaction.
In Lilith's Throne you mean? Yeah, well I mean I do think the lewd scenes aren't the strongest part of LT, compared to actual individual, written scenes but still a fair point, I mean that's just how the lewds work in LT.
But I feel like if the characters have expansive, written sex scenes and it apparently matters for the interactions that the player character (potentially) sleeps around than why the heck doesn't it matter if they do NOT do that...

Reactions: Jollira

Wrynn13

Apr 11, 2018
They added a bit in TiTS if you lose your virginity to one of the Dragon MILFs in the abandoned station that was pretty funny.

Reactions: Orphanus

Tripfriend

Apr 17, 2018

The general lack of options with the fluff is just infuriating. There's not even any ''corrupt'' option to embrace the role of a deadbeat dad and tell Kinu to fuck off. Writing to ''own'' the haters is the road to mediocrity, especially in a game that at least try to be interactive. I wouldn't be bitching so much if they'd be consistent with giving the champion a personality.

AnonZeta

Jun 30, 2021
Honestly I still want to see how TOB would have written Kiyoko and Kinu if she was able to get a dick and make the PC the mother of the family. then again I generally mostly engage with the game as a female PC and I barely bothered with most of the Kitsune stuff besides getting the waypoint and Jstar's character who is well written imo

Orphanus

Oct 25, 2019
Honestly I still want to see how TOB would have written Kiyoko and Kinu if she was able to get a dick and make the PC the mother of the family.
Thanks for the scourging of my poor soul, I'm gonna cry myself to sleep today. :cautious: :LOL:

2.90 star(s) 107 Votes