CratorH8er

Mar 10, 2021
Well its because their characters are special little snowflakes. And only an asshole would want to be mean to these characters.

Dev's nervously trying to ignore the games title. :HideThePain:
You guys are gonna be so happy when you learn about Etheryn, who's entire purpose is enabling that fetish.

"...which might not be many people." Okay so he knew most people wouldn't want that but was gonna put it in anyways?
Read the post again, carefully this time.

Last edited:
Reactions: M0nte and mrttao

Konstantinus

Engaged Member
Feb 25, 2019
what was the Berry fiasco?
Berwyn lost his writer so an unpaid enthusiast wrote a finish for him which ends with that he becomes either a real trap or full girl and engange into a shared relationship with MC and his/her former teacher. After this quest because the devs are lazy and greedy (s)he becomes a guest in the Frosthound no longer be companion because so less scenes and they have no one that would write for him.

Kroenen12

May 25, 2020
"...which might not be many people." Okay so he knew most people wouldn't want that but was gonna put it in anyways?
"Yeah I had moira draw a CG for that over a year ago. I'll probably implement it this christmas. It'll require you having had sex with both of them though which might not be many people."

Reactions: Kuritzkale

mrttao

Forum Fanatic
Jun 11, 2021
Berwyn lost his writer so an unpaid enthusiast wrote a finish for him which ends with that he becomes either a real trap or full girl and engange into a shared relationship with MC and his/her former teacher. After this quest because the devs are lazy and greedy (s)he becomes a guest in the Frosthound no longer be companion because so less scenes and they have no one that would write for him.
I see.
I wonder why the author left.

Jun 1, 2017
what was the Berry fiasco?
I'm not very smart but as best I can put it
>Hugs alright makes Berwyn
>Weird he said/she said space. The popular story is hugs was toxic had issues and was removed from the team, but there's some people, hard to verify that say it was savin being incredibly sensitive about his politics and they all kinda became abrasive to him which escalated his mental health issues, but anyway
>They say b, I believe, took over writing Berwyn. Hugs has serious issues and breaks down on Twitter, with essentially his passion project being taken from him and completely altered, the wsan-brienne drama on a greater scale essentially
>For months they say "bro berwyns got a new author, he's got tons of new content, he's getting build-a-berwyn it'll be great
>Hugs begins writing his own version of Berwyn (non game related) because it's heavily impacted his emotional state and his therapist suggested to give him his own happy ending
>Patch comes out "oh btw nobody wants to work on him anymore because build-a-berwyn wasn't thought out and requires too much effort, also he's removed from the party for good, no we're not planning any future party members or giving his ult to compensate

I include the hugs stuff because it's kinda sad. If he had servere issues it's one thing but bubble lord has been given a considerable amount of time to do anything, and they're going to be developing the game for years, most likely characters like taldahs aren't going to get content for years so I don't see why they couldn't just say "hugs get some help, we love the work you've put in, youve got tons of fans, you're a friend to us, then when you're ready just work on Berwyn".

Surely something like that would earn tons more goodwill, respect and more understanding of time for stuff than repeatedly causing shitstorms from stuff like cancelling einen because of a deadline, that situation etc, even for diehards it kinda adds up like "ok wait a minute here"

mrttao

Forum Fanatic
Jun 11, 2021
I'm not very smart but as best I can put it
>Hugs alright makes Berwyn
>Weird he said/she said space. The popular story is hugs was toxic had issues and was removed from the team, but there's some people, hard to verify that say it was savin being incredibly sensitive about his politics and they all kinda became abrasive to him which escalated his mental health issues, but anyway
>They say b, I believe, took over writing Berwyn. Hugs has serious issues and breaks down on Twitter, with essentially his passion project being taken from him and completely altered, the wsan-brienne drama on a greater scale essentially
>For months they say "bro berwyns got a new author, he's got tons of new content, he's getting build-a-berwyn it'll be great
>Hugs begins writing his own version of Berwyn (non game related) because it's heavily impacted his emotional state and his therapist suggested to give him his own happy ending
>Patch comes out "oh btw nobody wants to work on him anymore because build-a-berwyn wasn't thought out and requires too much effort, also he's removed from the party for good, no we're not planning any future party members or giving his ult to compensate

I include the hugs stuff because it's kinda sad. If he had servere issues it's one thing but bubble lord has been given a considerable amount of time to do anything, and they're going to be developing the game for years, most likely characters like taldahs aren't going to get content for years so I don't see why they couldn't just say "hugs get some help, we love the work you've put in, youve got tons of fans, you're a friend to us, then when you're ready just work on Berwyn".

Surely something like that would earn tons more goodwill, respect and more understanding of time for stuff than repeatedly causing shitstorms from stuff like cancelling einen because of a deadline, that situation etc, even for diehards it kinda adds up like "ok wait a minute here"
Thank you.
didn't savin claim hugs was being fired for failing to meet deadlines on writing content?

CratorH8er

Mar 10, 2021
I see.
I wonder why the author left.
Mental health issues. The short version is that he would occasionally disappear for extended periods of time to deal with his mental health, thus making him somewhat unreliable when it came to actually writing content. At some point:

Hugs version - Berwyn was assigned to B without his consent and he was kicked off the project.

Gardeford version - Hugs ceded control of Berwyn to B and then disappeared again, getting kicked off the team in that time.

From there, Hugs offered to resume writing, but due to his track record was refused, and has since cut ties with everyone involved in CoC2/TiTS entirely.

Thank you.
didn't savin claim hugs was being fired for failing to meet deadlines on writing content?
Hugs was never hired, he was a community writer.

keni77

Feb 3, 2020
"Hey babe i know its christmas and we're supposed to have a romantic event together but i really need to fuck myself. No seriously cause damn im hot, but dont worry while im sucking and fucking my other self ill still thinking about you babe."
Brienne said looking longingfully into the literal bull man thats about to fuck and cuck you.
View attachment 1987946
Savin: is everyday bro

MoneyMan181

Sep 6, 2019
Mental health issues. The short version is that he would occasionally disappear for extended periods of time to deal with his mental health, thus making him somewhat unreliable when it came to actually writing content.
As if that even matters. Guy only wrote for Berwyn and Berwyn had more content than Atugia, Agni, and Quin. Seriously such insanely weak reasoning, when's the last time Savin has even written anything besides Vitra? Gardeford barely writes anything and besides the Berwyn "expansion", B has only really written Zo and Agni. Why's it OK for them to not write anything but he can't?

Kroenen12

May 25, 2020
I would not mind the dream if it was focused on player. For it does require you to find him attractive to begin with. But if it was just them fucking, yeah, no.
What a fucking shitty Christmas scene that would've been. Like Monte said, only would've been OK if they were just focused on the Champ and not each other but the CG definitely does not point to that.
yeah :HideThePain:
Screenshot_3.png
The fact that he even considered it is scary enough tbh.
"Hey guys Brienne is totally monogamous and obsessed with ONLY the PC! Oh and yeah there's gonna be a Brint scene with her to show how loyal she is!"
I mean, it was written between 2019-2020, so Wsan probably wasn't entirely sure if he was going to allow threesomes between champ, Brienne, and *character with penis*
but in the end that never happened so...
shrug-power-rangers.gif

Jun 1, 2017
As if that even matters. Guy only wrote for Berwyn and Berwyn had more content than Atugia, Agni, and Quin. Seriously such insanely weak reasoning, when's the last time Savin has even written anything besides Vitra? Gardeford barely writes anything and besides the Berwyn "expansion", B has only really written Zo and Agni. Why's it OK for them to not write anything but he can't?
Semi unrelated sorry, but what's weird about Berwyn also is he was setup, with multiple clues in his interactions, that his arc was going to be him being insecure and not being strong enough, starting from the very beginning when you beat him like 3 times in a row. You later meet him in his room crying and practicing outside, he feels like he should have had a plotline revolving around that as his arc, culminating in a rocky training thing where eventually you help him fight matiha, and if they want the whole threesome ending they could do that. It feels like they really cut out a lot of content from the middle, Im not a good writer but surely someone who's been writing for a while could see that if I can.

Fillers one thing but supposedly we're around the halfway mark, but a staggering amount of characters are supposedly "done", which feels wrong. For a smut game sure but when you have tobs text bombs and the content trying to evoke emotional responses, it's like there several characters with literal or metaphorical nothing then sex with no foreplay, no buildup. You've got characters like kinu that attempt it but they need more padding throughout the middle to avoid the >character doesn't know you >character is obsessed with you

M0nte

Oct 4, 2020
yeah :HideThePain:
View attachment 1988163

I mean, it was written between 2019-2020, so Wsan probably wasn't entirely sure if he was going to allow threesomes between champ, Brienne, and *character with penis*
but in the end that never happened so...
View attachment 1988154
Well good thing that it did not happen since I do fuck Brunt, but I do not want him fucking Brienne. And I assume most people that like Brienne and Brint would rather have them ogle you then fuck each other, even if it is a dream.

Last edited:

Shiro15

Mar 15, 2019
You guys are gonna be so happy when you learn about Etheryn, who's entire purpose is enabling that fetish.
My earlier comment was mostly a joke but I'll give you a serious response now. :rolleyes:

I'm aware that there are things that you can do to abuse certain characters. You also can turn Azzy and the lesbian priest into bimbos. (though believe that is being or has been removed so it could be revamped into something else) If I was taking this conversation seriously. Yes, there are options to be a dick in this game, but I don't find them as impactful or natural as CoC1. The game seems to be a binary. Using Urta as an example since she's already been mentioned. You have several ways to hurt intentionally or unintentionally. Like when you first meet her at the bar. You could simply leave and she'll be an emotional mess. You can simply reject her. You can start dating her and then leave her. You can cheat on her. CoC1 gives a far bit of options to interact with of characters. I'm not gonna say CoC is perfect, and I also understand CoC is a completed games by the devs standards. I am also willing to acknowledge a lot the situations are fairly similar in CoC1 and also the ending is pretty much ass in CoC1. Its no better than Mass Effect 3 Green, Blue, and Red Ending.

But, your interactions and ability to make choices, both wholesome and mean-spirited are leagues a part imo. Which I find annoying when thinking about CoC2 because it does not have to be that way.

Someone pointed this out yesterday but Cait and Quin could have a nice parallel story arc as both are part of religion that is entirely sex based. One character could slowly corrupt you (Quin) while the other helps cure it (Cait) or you character could slowly corrupt Cait making her no better than the cultist. Or make Quin more of romantic/pure character. There is also the option for Quin to corrupt the player until he is the one secretly making all the decisions, it could even turn into a bad end if you're not careful. (Some one else's suggestion not mine) I am also aware of the temple of sin path, gonna be honest haven't done that or even built the temple. I might do that tonight, but as far as I know its just a threesome with Cait and Kas. It locked behind the Corrupt path. But once again as far as I can tell, you just max out your corruption and then have threesome. I believe it can lead to the redemption path for Kass which is a big deal for her story line. But thats my main point I want more decisions like that. Choices that feel meaningful. I feel there is no excuse for a game that is the succesor to be worst than its predecessor. Especially when has a bigger budget. Right now this game is mediocre on its best day. A complete and total disappointment on its worst.
P.S.
This could also lead to Cait developing some self awareness as well, since her religion is no better the Cultist. The only thing she doesn't do is rape people...Oh wait nevermind Cait does rape people if the PC has sex with defeated enemies, so literaly no different than the cult she hated. But, that could turn into a character arc in the hands of a capable writer

Last edited:

Thisguy2

Jan 23, 2020
Guess at this point the games is for Savin, Tobs and Wsan.
Mental health issues. The short version is that he would occasionally disappear for extended periods of time to deal with his mental health, thus making him somewhat unreliable when it came to actually writing content. At some point:

Hugs version - Berwyn was assigned to B without his consent and he was kicked off the project.

Gardeford version - Hugs ceded control of Berwyn to B and then disappeared again, getting kicked off the team in that time.

From there, Hugs offered to resume writing, but due to his track record was refused, and has since cut ties with everyone involved in CoC2/TiTS entirely.

Hugs was never hired, he was a community writer.
What an amazing way to show off how snakey Savin can be, despite Hugs being partially responsible for Berwyns and Coc2s popularity as a whole , Savin doesn't even give the guys time to actually recover. Its made even worse that the dude had terrible mental issues and was probably stuck dealing with whatever toxic bullshit the coc2 writing team goes through on the daily all the while he probably wasn't even getting paid for it either.
As massive as Coc 2 is, there's like 500 other much more important things Savin could've done to actually improve the game before getting to Berry and relying on Hugs to write for him.
Such as
. Removing the level cap.
. Working on the all explorable areas in the game.
. LITTERALY GIVE ATUGIA FANS ANYTHING.
. Add more max corruption choices and actions in certain important plot points in quests.
. Letting the Champion get a Gweyr gear set
. Letting the Champion peg Garth with the Gweyr set on.
And litteraly anything else you guys can think of. I would've taken an Crazy Horse story arc over that bullshit Berwyn downgrade.
20220808_053707.jpg

CratorH8er

Mar 10, 2021
Guess at this point the games is for Savin, Tobs and Wsan.
What an amazing way to show off how snakey Savin can be, despite Hugs being partially responsible for Berwyns and Coc2s popularity as a whole , Savin doesn't even give the guys time to actually recover. Its made even worse that the dude had terrible mental issues and was probably stuck dealing with whatever toxic bullshit the coc2 writing team goes through on the daily all the while he probably wasn't even getting paid for it either.
As massive as Coc 2 is, there's like 500 other much more important things Savin could've done to actually improve the game before getting to Berry and relying on Hugs to write for him.
Such as
. Removing the level cap.
. Working on the all explorable areas in the game.
. LITTERALY GIVE ATUGIA FANS ANYTHING.
. Add more max corruption choices and actions in certain important plot points in quests.
. Letting the Champion get a Gweyr gear set
. Letting the Champion peg Garth with the Gweyr set on.
And litteraly anything else you guys can think of. I would've taken an Crazy Horse story arc over that bullshit Berwyn downgrade.
View attachment 1988266
The big thing you guys are missing is that even if BubbleLord, Gardeford, or whoever else you hate hardly ever writes anything, they're still there. Even if it's only to deliver canned "I'm working on it" responses, they're still within reach and they can still at least claim to be producing content. Hugs vanished entirely, he was not able to be reached at all during his cool-off periods, and couldn't even bring himself to fire out a "I'm still working on X" when it was asked of him. I struggle with mental illness too, but even I know that life doesn't wait for you when you shut down. If you make a commitment to either write something or at least maintain contact when you're not able to write and you fail to keep that commitment, there will obviously be consequences.

Last edited by a moderator:
2.90 star(s) 107 Votes