Comiies

Aug 27, 2022
So people are counting mod as cannon and the lore of the game is getting forgotten as a result.interesting.

Well first of all coc2 isnt a sequal to coc1 and its lore is ALREADY based in an incocistent plot line:
In CoC, nothing gets out of mareth once it enters. This is a universal law upheld by unknown means and is never touched upon why it is so. One can make assumptions, but it matters little. In one of the several endings (read: one of the several contrived endings written to get it over with by Savin), it turns out that the head demonic researcher that has two whole single line mentions in the entire game from throwaway crap in the bazaar managed to discover a way to leave Mareth properly and kept it hidden from everyone else. We'll go with this as if it's not really dumb. In CoC2, the main demonic villain comes into whatever shithole the game plays out through a portal that opens every so often much like the one in ingnam or whatever, except this one needs some form of ritual with cultists too, I guess? Either way, this happens almost right after or even during the CoC protagonist's fight with Lethice, right after this demon steals that research of portals or whatever. Now answer me: where in that time frame did she have time to learn the spell or method, communicate with the cultists, and wait for the portal to naturally open on time to not only apply this method and communicate with the cultists? Savin also seems to be under the assumption that all portals that aren't unstable that vanish completely to never return operate on a very specific schedule of exactly a year when no portals—stable or not—are ever consistent with each other like this. A direct quote from CoC2 to display the inconsistency the game is based on: Evergreen nods, reclining back on her divan. "The Hawkstone portal opens only once a year, and when it does, only one transaction occurs. Most portals allow passage freely, if you can find them and force them open with the correct rituals, but this one... wherever it leads seems to operate differently than other worlds. One thing goes through, and one thing comes back. And only once each year."

So its too late to care about lore when you not only rushed the first game but have the second game be incosistent asf and make no sense at all.In my humble opinion ofc

Second of all people are mixing up the lore of coc1 and the lore of coc1 modded ver.Seems to me that people are either dumb and forgetful and cant differentiate between OG coc1 and MOD coc1 OR people prefer the MOD coc1 and hence dont talk about OG coc1 lore.

Only thing i see is people enjoying the modded version of a game more so than the original and that just speaks to the writers incompetence and inability to take criticism and become better(Mind you this answer is based on the screenshots you provided)

Raf-Raf

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 4, 2019
I mean that's the last thing I wanna do with her, aside from interacting with her at all, but I get your point & agree. :ROFLMAO:
My one true fantasy for my GOOD character is to gaslight all my companions to doing evil things while I'm saying bullshit to make them believe they're doing the right thing.

So people are counting mod as cannon and the lore of the game is getting forgotten as a result.interesting.

Well first of all coc2 isnt a sequal to coc1 and its lore is ALREADY based in an incocistent plot line:
In CoC, nothing gets out of mareth once it enters. This is a universal law upheld by unknown means and is never touched upon why it is so. One can make assumptions, but it matters little. In one of the several endings (read: one of the several contrived endings written to get it over with by Savin), it turns out that the head demonic researcher that has two whole single line mentions in the entire game from throwaway crap in the bazaar managed to discover a way to leave Mareth properly and kept it hidden from everyone else. We'll go with this as if it's not really dumb. In CoC2, the main demonic villain comes into whatever shithole the game plays out through a portal that opens every so often much like the one in ingnam or whatever, except this one needs some form of ritual with cultists too, I guess? Either way, this happens almost right after or even during the CoC protagonist's fight with Lethice, right after this demon steals that research of portals or whatever. Now answer me: where in that time frame did she have time to learn the spell or method, communicate with the cultists, and wait for the portal to naturally open on time to not only apply this method and communicate with the cultists? Savin also seems to be under the assumption that all portals that aren't unstable that vanish completely to never return operate on a very specific schedule of exactly a year when no portals—stable or not—are ever consistent with each other like this. A direct quote from CoC2 to display the inconsistency the game is based on: Evergreen nods, reclining back on her divan. "The Hawkstone portal opens only once a year, and when it does, only one transaction occurs. Most portals allow passage freely, if you can find them and force them open with the correct rituals, but this one... wherever it leads seems to operate differently than other worlds. One thing goes through, and one thing comes back. And only once each year."

So its too late to care about lore when you not only rushed the first game but have the second game be incosistent asf and make no sense at all.In my humble opinion ofc

Second of all people are mixing up the lore of coc1 and the lore of coc1 modded ver.Seems to me that people are either dumb and forgetful and cant differentiate between OG coc1 and MOD coc1 OR people prefer the MOD coc1 and hence dont talk about its lore.

Only thing i see is people enjoying the modded version of a game more so than the original and that just speaks to the writers incompetence and inability to take criticism and become better(Mind you this answer is based on the screenshots you provided)
I'm getting Shadowlands vibes from CoC2's main villain since they somehow came from Mareth via portal shenanigans.
It just feels like out of left field and now they're this Jailer version of a villain.

Orphanus

Oct 25, 2019
My one true fantasy for my GOOD character is to gaslight all my companions to doing evil things while I'm saying bullshit to make them believe they're doing the right thing.
But sadly, as we all know, what the player character does and says has no real impact on anything, least their companions.

Reactions: Zyorx and Jollira

Raf-Raf

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 4, 2019
But sadly, as we all know, what the player character does and says has no real impact on anything, least their companions.
Yes, only we get gaslit.
Just look / listen at our racist of a fox wife.

"What is your wish,mortal that has freed me from this wretched prison"
"I wish for power fantasy in coc2"
"Denied"
Gennie proceeds to kill himself
Power fantasy detected -> *BSOD*

Comiies

Aug 27, 2022
Yes, only we get gaslit.
Just look / listen at our racist of a fox wife.
You call that racist?Ill give you racist.Just guarantee me that it will get added in the game and i will make the best racist you ever saw(aka me)

MagnaSonic3000

Jan 22, 2018
I love how people try to argue lore consistency for a game they rushed out because they had writer's block and couldn't even figure out how to end its miserable life. Shouldn't you be ashamed for, you know, not planning ahead, despite being a writer? Most writers of a story have an ending, they just need to write a cohesive story to getting there.

Comiies

Aug 27, 2022
I love how people try to argue lore consistency for a game they rushed out because they had writer's block and couldn't even figure out how to end its miserable life. Shouldn't you be ashamed for, you know, not planning ahead, despite being a writer? Most writers of a story have an ending, they just need to write a cohesive story to getting there.
No no you dont get it.They planned ahead.They are just shit planners < 3

Oct 10, 2021
I just had the mental image of turning the companions that have the least content into summons. Champ finds little totems in the world that teaches them spells. You get given a rusted, broken halberd by the baroness, told it belonged to a dullahan that used to serve her. The base game gives you the ashes of that phoenix bard. You find the corpse of a rabbit cultist clutching a dildo. Etc. You can summon them in combat afterwards. The summoning circle at the wayfort lets you play their pre existing sex scenes.

2.90 star(s) 107 Votes