Lith

Dec 3, 2017
can someone upload the current public build to mega? i can't download it from their website.

M0nte

Oct 4, 2020
Would anyone here like being able to learn Kitsune language? Mostly for story and interaction purposes. It would be nice way to combine our characters quick learning capacity not only with gameplay elements (being able to learn every class, skill and spell) but also with story elements. Can you imagine overhearing den Kitsunes talking in there mother tongue, thinking that you can not understand them only to pull rug under them? Or when you are marring Kiyoko, you being able to recite entire marriage vows in her mother tongue without a hitch. And talking to guest that attend it in there tougne.. Or best one I can think off and honestly, it would be worth it only for that. Can you imagine walking torwords Nakano and greeting him in his mother tongue and having entire conversation with him with it perfectly? Him boiling inside while you are speaking with him, then when you see anguish on his face, you can ask me "You do not seem well. did I make some linguistic mistakes, Nakano-san? ".
It could be also be used for deciphiring some manuscripts if you do not have Kiyoko at hand (So that female PC would not get screwed extra hard because they dared to not grow a third leg) or other kitsunes
Maybe include some of Kitsune culture. For example, knowing proper ways to great Keros or how to great people. It would be feel nice if your PC could put up any amount of effort to at least seem cultured In sociaty where standing and how you present yourself is everything.

Honestly, I enjoy when my PC flexes her knowledge and ability to learn to everyone. Having debates in the game, especially the one with the Mirror, is some of must fun I had reading this game. It is enjoyable feeling smart, especially since it also helps you feel like you know what you are doing on this quest. That you are not just brawn, that there is some brain behind it.

Last edited:

Kallisto

Jun 6, 2019
Would anyone here like being able to learn Kitsune language? Mostly for story and interaction purposes. It would be nice way to combine our characters quick learning capacity not only with gameplay elements (being able to learn every class, skill and spell) but also with story elements.
As interesting as this would be - I would like to see a variety of languages in general in the game just for more lore purposes - this would never happen. The Observer has said repeatedly that a big part of his kitsune content is to mimic that xenophobic experience foreigners feel when visiting/living in Japan. So while our PC might be an impressive person for various reasons, they will never truly fit in with the kitsune. You can bridge the gap a bit by taking Keros's deal and becoming a kitsune, but then they treat you super formally and distance themselves from you that way.

If he did have us be able to learn and speak the language, I imagine he'd do the same thing he did in some of the other scenes: Where we speak it as passably as one can expect from a foreigner and frequently write in little jabs where we fumble or mess up and have the actual kitsunes correct us in that "I'm too polite to make fun of you but you suck, outsider" way he has them do a lot of things.

But yeah, more content where the PC is respected for their brain would be nice in general.

M0nte

Oct 4, 2020
As interesting as this would be - I would like to see a variety of languages in general in the game just for more lore purposes - this would never happen. The Observer has said repeatedly that a big part of his kitsune content is to mimic that xenophobic experience foreigners feel when visiting/living in Japan. So while our PC might be an impressive person for various reasons, they will never truly fit in with the kitsune. You can bridge the gap a bit by taking Keros's deal and becoming a kitsune, but then they treat you super formally and distance themselves from you that way.

If he did have us be able to learn and speak the language, I imagine he'd do the same thing he did in some of the other scenes: Where we speak it as passably as one can expect from a foreigner and frequently write in little jabs where we fumble or mess up and have the actual kitsunes correct us in that "I'm too polite to make fun of you but you suck, outsider" way he has them do a lot of things.

But yeah, more content where the PC is respected for their brain would be nice in general.
I do not need to get entierly accepted. That is why I like kitsune content in general. People there do feel distant in a way, but at same time, that is what makes there interaction special. While you are outsider, they still try to put enough effort to be as welcoming as posible.
Still, at least make it look like my PC tries to do the same. I think she could learn it pretty quickly, considering she can relearn her entire Class and way of fighting in just a week. If Kinu, the perfectiion of a child, can learn 2 languages to perfection, I do not see how I as her father could not do it about as fast. With game claiming that all my kitsune kids god that from me.

At end of the day, as I said, I like when out PC seems cultured even if it does not mesh with out background all the time. Such as when you pick Barbarian. But you could have been cultured barbarian, that pillaged for knowledge as much as for glory and plunder.

Last edited:

whitexwhite

May 30, 2020
What was the point of Sigrune? I liked her and then she just poofed. You can't even talk to her after beating her either
One of the many content dead ends that this game has.

I have no doubt she'll get more fleshed out as time goes on - Jotuns too - but she's just the big boss before the convocation event and not much else.

Jul 22, 2019
ngl I think introducing those themes by having us beat the absolute shit out of every prominent kitsune in the clan, heading off to fuck high imperial nobility and then becoming the champion of their god was kind of a weird choice. feels like reactions should be way more extreme to us than just a passive xenophobia lol, we're practically a walking cultural apocalypse.

M0nte

Oct 4, 2020
ngl I think introducing those themes by having us beat the absolute shit out of every prominent kitsune in the clan, heading off to fuck high imperial nobility and then becoming the champion of their god was kind of a weird choice. feels like reactions should be way more extreme to us than just a passive xenophobia lol, we're practically a walking cultural apocalypse.
To be fair, we were justified. And us potentialy being the spouse of a high nobility does help the matter. And we do interest there god. Or at least, our souls does.

Reactions: actualrealname
2.90 star(s) 107 Votes