Yeppers34

Aug 11, 2021
I like this one for the story, but my god, it just gets more and more tedious the further on you get. Even when you can easily win every fight it just becomes an unbearable slog after a while, honestly starts to venture into unplayable territory at a certain point (that point being right around when you get to the Undermountain and get attacked by one of three groups of rapists every two tiles). The game would frankly be better if there was an auto-resolve button that ends fights in one click, beause as it is now the constant encounters make it absolutely dreadful to play.

On a more minor note, it's a real pet peeve of mine when games force you to win a battle to progress the story, only for the story to have you lose it afterwards, or render it completely meaningless. This game does that constantly, whether it's fighting Alissa only to have her easily just leave and then the portal opens anyway, or when you fight the demon general in the Undermountain and beat her, but she just escapes at the last second anyway. It grinds my gears.
I mean there's next to no player agency in the game. The only thing you really get to decide is where to go and the decisions you make hardly impact the story as a whole, everything is already predetermined

Reactions: JungleNuts

GokutheG

Oct 20, 2022
I mean there's next to no player agency in the game. The only thing you really get to decide is where to go and the decisions you make hardly impact the story as a whole, everything is already predetermined
It's been a while but what are the choices that really matter in this game? Kas romance during the Winter City dungeon and saving/corrupting the centaur village are the only ones that come to mind when I think of the mc having an actual lasting impact to the story.

Oh yeah and the Orc camp.

Yeppers34

Aug 11, 2021
It's been a while but what are the choices that really matter in this game? Kas romance during the Winter City dungeon and saving/corrupting the centaur village are the only ones that come to mind when I think of the mc having an actual lasting impact to the story.

Oh yeah and the Orc camp.
In terms of choices off the top of my head, the centaur village if you corrupt it nothing really happens and you get locked out of marrying ahmri, if you corrupt the beehive they stay as bimbos and you lose out on having Azyrran as a companion and all her companion scenes, with the orc village if you don't follow Aronas plan the entire village gets locked out and all the npcs there but Arona still stays as a companion and that's really all I can think of off the top of my head.

2.80 star(s) 105 Votes