Raf-Raf

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 4, 2019
Characters that make the PC the center of their whole lives make me uncomfortable, because the player can't logically reciprocate, which makes the relationship seem massively unequal.
I'm not sure why you think that way because there are always near-countless types of players with their own unique playstyle...
There are probably some players who enjoy just having one interest like that one fox waifu we get and they're more than satisfied for it.

Heck, I'm playing as a prude and that's still a more interesting character than any of the fuckers we meet in the whole game.

How the hell is modding such a touchy subject for this game? Like is Savin's ego that big?
Simple, because changing the stuff Savin wants to do with us is the same as cucking them.
Their fetish is cucking except it's only when cucking US the players.

Skandranon

Nov 28, 2016
I'm not sure why you think that way because there are always near-countless types of players with their own unique playstyle...
There are probably some players who enjoy just having one interest like that one fox waifu we get and they're more than satisfied for it.
?

I'm talking about my interests, not other players. I don't get what you're saying here.

Skandranon

Nov 28, 2016
The character I'm playing is always 'me'. When I'm reading a book, watching a movie or anime, I'm the MC. That's why I drop cringe shit and I can barely watch re:zero.
Huh. That's interesting.

Who do you self insert as watching the Avengers movies?

KloneZone

Apr 24, 2020
Is it just me or does Berwyn have the best summon out of all the companions? Because Etheryn's is just meh and Pyro Brienne's is crippled by the fact that Presence isn't one of her main stats.

Edit: I looked it up and Outrider Etheryn doesn't have Presence at her main stat either.

Jun 24, 2020
Huh. That's interesting.

Who do you self insert as watching the Avengers movies?
Well if they're like the majority of people I know it's probably going to go something along the lines of "Whoever's the biggest driving force at the time."

Kind of like swapping between characters in GTA 5 during a scripted event, You have no control over their current actions but you feel like your them in the moment.

Skandranon

Nov 28, 2016
When is the combat balance patch going to happen?
It's happening already. A bunch of balance changes happened in the last few patches I think. It's supposed to be a long term thing, basically the rest of the year.

Which sadly means no goblin milf anytime soon because Balak is the one doing it.

Biostar

Aug 4, 2017
I'm not very good at the whole blank slate character either, but I don't really think the sandbox allows me to do much with it anyways. There's hardly any interesting choices for your character to make. The game isn't really written in that way. About the most interesting choice is probably pure vs corrupt, but most of the corrupt are dead ends at this point.

That may just be me being bad at conceptualizing a character, utilizing the indirect dialogue, and forgetting the interesting choices. It would help to know if you could give an example character, and how you felt the game contributed to your characterization of them?
You might just be because I have no problem conceptualizing a character based off all the choices in the game and my own ideal in this setting. They don't all have to be pivotal choices to fit what my character would do. And I already said the problem is when they do take choices and force dialogue on you, which we see a lot with Tobs and why his content gets lambasted so much.
I can't take the PC pretending to have a deep, lasting relationship with a single character, then turning around and saying basically the same thing to 20 other chicks while the first one waits back at home for the PC to give them some attention again. Harems kinda creep me out.

Which is why I enjoy when NPCs do their own thing sans the PC.
I really have to wonder why you bother playing games where you are expected and inevitably will have a harem then. Even despite the push to cut you out of things, the majority of the game still have you the center of attention. You're still the go to guy for settling problems, you're still the best lay in the land and most meaningful relationships involve you, you're still the strongest because otherwise it's a Bad End, and the main villain is focused on you. Just because some characters might fuck other people sometimes doesn't change that.

Skandranon

Nov 28, 2016
I really have to wonder why you bother playing games where you are expected and inevitably will have a harem then.
Simple, I don't play those games.
What's in this game isn't really what I think of as a harem, because all of the characters in this game aren't slavishly devoted to you. The majority of them of them are basically casual fuckbuddies. The characters that really push that way (Brienne, Kiyoko) I just don't generally mess with much. The games I actually avoid playing are more crap like...WVM.

Even despite the push to cut you out of things, the majority of the game still have you the center of attention. You're still the go to guy for settling problems, you're still the best lay in the land and most meaningful relationships involve you, you're still the strongest because otherwise it's a Bad End, and the main villain is focused on you. Just because some characters might fuck other people sometimes doesn't change that.
Mmm, I think you're misunderstanding what I'm saying. There's a difference between "being the main character" and "being the only real character". I don't mind the PC being the one to move things along, somebody has to.

You aren't the strongest and never will be- Kas for instance is double the max level we'll ever get to in this game, and the gods are even further ahead. Not to mention everything you do you do with a full squad of backup and not through sheer awesomeness on your own part.

The main villain is focused on you due to sheer happenstance (literally just standing in the right place at the right time) as opposed to you just being generally super awesome.

You can be the main character and not have the world revolve around you. Think Spider-man. A character that fails a lot, can't control everything around him, and is a small part of a larger universe - still our hero, and the viewpoint character, the center of most major relationships in his comic/show/movie, etc.

That's what worldbuilding is supposed to, do, create (the illusion of) a bigger world and a bigger story that your character just happens to be a part of.

If I post my Tier lists in the Fenoxo forums how well would that go?
Fine, probably. They have topics talking about favorite and least favorite characters.

2.90 star(s) 102 Votes