Pitrik

Conversation Conqueror
Donor
Oct 11, 2018
Monday Update_102.webp.png

Another monday update, as usual, not on an actual Monday. But that doesn' t matter. What matters is the progress that has happened since my last post, so let's get into it.

Everything new:

Reworked: I've already mentioned in the last Monday Update that I'm going to rework parts of the early game. The first rough draft including all the necessary extra renders is now done. That's a huge chunk of work already close to completion. Whats still missing is the fine polish, but I'll get to that when I start polishing up the new content too.
Dates: More dates with Enna are coming your way. I've already finished writing and rendering three new dates for her, the picture above is from one of those. This is another big chunk of work out of the way.
Dungeon: After the promised reworks, I've now started work on the first dungeon of the game. As you might've seen in teasers already I came up with the visuals for the new dungeon, found a good workflow that allows me to create interesting variations of the environment quickly and I've done all the theorizing on the dungeons mechanics and riddles that need solving.
Hangout: I added a new hangout area and new hangout event for Enna.
Interactions: I added a new system to the game that allows you to interact with objects in your home to get some more background info or just take a closer look. Nothing major it's just a way to take a closer look.
As I didn't fully break down my work in the last Monday Update, this is basically four weeks of work. I'm making very good progress with the update and all that's left now is to finish up the first section of the dungeon, do another date for Enna and then polish the shit out of it. It's going really well right now. Work is flowing and fun.

I'm stll aiming for a release late February or early March, but as always we'll have to see how that goes. I'm making good progress but I'm probably also adding just a tiny bit too much new content : D

That's all for today, I wish everyone a great week and you'll hear from me soon!

ArtMeat

Aug 30, 2021
Just catching up. I'm happy to hear there's some rework for Enna. She did seem kinda flat/void, and giving her more exposition early should make her seem more someone to be desired vs someone that you're forced to be with. Looking forward to the new areas and hangouts (really liked those in Mist). Looking forward to the new interactivity stuff, too. That kind of thing (imho) add a lot of immersivity and goes a long way to making the environment feel real and complete. Sure, it's "pointless" to the story and characters, but it's really essential for worldbuilding and relatable setting. Also, I agree it's good to remove "Children" from the name. Hopefully, that's not going to be too annoying.

awk

Jun 14, 2019
Man this is looking really well. Can't wait to finish Mist and give this a spin!

Pitrik

Conversation Conqueror
Donor
Oct 11, 2018
Monday Update_103.webp.png

Time for a new Update and this time it is actually Monday.

Everything new:

The Dungeon: I've finished building the first section of the dungeon. That means all renders, all the little riddles and interactions are fully written out and coded and well, rendered.
That's all I did. This might be the shortest Monday Update ever, but that was a huge amount of work. Over 150 renders for all the locations and options in the first dungeon section. Over 1500 lines of script, and a bunch of mental gymnastics to make it all work, including the code for navigation through the dungeon which wasn't a copy paste from MIST, because I can now do it better and the dungeon navigation is not exactly the same. There's a little new mechanic that you'll see soon.

With that done, 0.3.2 now includes: The whole rework of the opening, several improved environments, new renders to go with the reworked opening, a new hangout spot for Enna, three new dates for Enna and the opening of the dungeon.

It's packed with new content. But there is still a little bit missing.

What's left to do is two sex scenes that I've already made the rough drafts for but need to write out and render and then I need to polish it all up. For the release this means that everything is definitely leaning towards early march. Not only am I taking longer to wrap up my work, my Editor will have to not only work on the new content, but the entirety of the game, since so much changed. Which is a huge undertaking. So you'll have to be patient for a little while longer, but overall everything is on track to be released only with slight delays.

Considering that I moved to a new place during this update cycle I'm actually kinda proud how smooth things are going, but still. Sorry for the delay.

That's all I had to say, I wish everyone a great week and I'll be working on the upda
te again.

Pitrik

Conversation Conqueror
Donor
Oct 11, 2018
Monday Update_104.webp.png
It's time for another Monday Update. Maybe and hopefully the last one before the next update for Children of Morn drops. So let's take a look at what has happened and what still needs to be done.

Everything new:

Polish: I've done several passes over the script to catch bugs, smooth out the dialog and transitions, make sure the sound effects are in the right position and a bunch more.
Sex Scenes: I've written, animated and rendered two new sex scenes. They are fully integrated into the game now. Both of the scenes are repeatable, with changed dialog the second time you watch the scene.
Miscellaneous: I've done a bunch of small stuff. Slight changes here and there that aren't very noteworthy, but they add up over time. Like making sure a UI element aligns properly, or positioning a button in the dungeon in the right place or implementing some code to get rid of a potential softlock. That kinda stuff.
Demo Version: I've also invested some time to prepare a demo version. Starting from this update I want to have a free demo with only the prolog here on Patreon and Itch so people can try the opening of the game out before they commit to buying it.
Small Edits: As Strayhero is editing the files for the game now, we are already noticing areas that need to be polished and improved. With an update this big, there's no helping smaller or even larger errors that need to be fixed so we are already talking about
and implementing necessary changes.
This very process, of editing and fine tuning the game for release, is the last big task that is left to do. Along with some passes for bug-fixes, but those shouldn't be too difficult, and a few rerenders for some animations. As soon as this last part is done, I'll drop the update.

And that will be early March. While it might not sound like much, this final process can't and shouldn't be rushed, especially not with the sweeping changes that were made. The update is almost done, but you'll still need to wait for it to be just right.

That's it from me for this week. It's back to the game now. The wait is almost over.

Juerhullycin

Feb 4, 2024
well with the rework i will give it another try, Mist was an awesome game with some of the most gorgeous Sexanimations on this side, but if it keeps being a femdom game I will drop it for good and hope dev finished this game quickly so he can start a new project

Pitrik

Conversation Conqueror
Donor
Oct 11, 2018
Patreon_Patchnotes_Button.jpg

It's time for Covenant of Morn version 0.3.2. A large update with plenty of new content and plenty of changes. You might have noticed one already. Yes, the name of the game has changed. It was brought to my attention how the old name was not the smartest choice and so the game is now called COVENANT OF MORN. Now let's see what's new and what has changed. As usual, the actual download links will follow later today.

New Content:

THE DUNGEON: It's finally time to enter the games first dungeon. It's still early in development and there isn't a huge amount of content in the dungeon yet, but that will follow in the next few updates.
DATES: Go on three new dates with Enna and learn more about the person behind the bronze mask.
SEX SCENES: Along with the new dates, Enna has two new sex scenes for you to explore. I'm especially proud of the second one.
INTERACTION VIEW: By pressing a new button in the UI, you can interact with certain objects in your house to get some insight or background information.
NEW HANGOUT: Hang out with Enna in the new and improved backyard and get to know her a bit better.
NEW ANIMATIONS: The dungeon comes with a few new animations, so does the main menu now.
GAMMA: I've been in contact with Pytom, the creator of Ren'Py, to finally bring you a real gamma adjustment for the game. With it you can now make sure that the game looks correct no matter where you play or how your light situation is.
NEW TITLE: As you can tell, the games title has changed.
DEMO VERSION: From now on there will also be a free demo version that features only the prolog of the game so people can try it out before deciding to buy.
Changed Content:

PROLOG: The entire prolog has been rewritten and plenty of renders have been remade. See a new opening to the story and a changed Enna.
REMADE LOCATIONS: Along with the new prolog, I remade or improved several environments to be more interesting or visually pleasing.
BRIGHTNESS: I also retouched several backgrounds that were either a little too bright or a little too dark. As well as Enna's first sex scene.
Notes:

This update was a huge undertaking for me and StrayHero (the games editor). We set out to make the opening more engaging and interesting. To give Enna a new dimension and make her more interesting, all while keeping true to the story and who she still is as a character. The story itself has not changed a whole lot. If you don't want to start from the beginning, you don't have to. But I still highly recommend starting over for the best experience. I think it is worth it.

That said, I wish everyone a good time with the update! This marks a new chapter for the game and I'm looking forward to building more content and improving on top of this new base in the future. The game still has a long way to go, but I feel like my vision is slowly but surely coming together.

4.10 star(s) 36 Votes