Others Cow Clicker [v0.95] [MaybeMee]

3.20 star(s) 5 Votes

monst3rz

Feb 26, 2018
Yo, how can i drop my saves in this game? Cookie clicker have this option, but for now where are their placement?

TestUsername23

Jun 5, 2018
Interesting game. Writing for the gameplay right now, because lewd wise there's just a moderately attractive well done sprite with some jiggles.

Early game: it's decent. Probably needs a minor one time textbox for the Dump mechanic. Otherwise a perfectly fine incremental game start: some active play, to get the first passive options, to further boost passive options.

Past that the gameplay in the current state falls apart. Clicking becomes useless within a few minutes, because there's only 2-3 realistic upgrades for it (all boosting the 1 Milk flat rate) and your first Pump will provide as much as a base click. Almost every building becomes useless as soon as you unlock the next building, made worse because all upgrades are 2x production and upgrade costs are wildly out of sync. As an example of the problem, the 101st Tap costs 138k milk from a building currently providing a whole 80 milk a second. The 50th (75th?) building upgrade for a Tap costs 5 billion Milk: at my current 100 Tap mark, that means I would need to leave the game open for roughly 2 years to pay off the cost of the 50 Tap upgrade.

So suggestion: find some way for buildings (and upgrades) to provide benefit as the game progresses. You can do this the Cookie Clicker way, with things like Taps unlocking upgrades for clicking based on Milk per Second or things like Pumps boosting the production of Massagers. You can do this the Realm Grinder way, with total clicks boosting the production of Taps, or getting enough of a building unlocking upgrades for max Milk boosting total production. You just need some way for buildings to retain value as the game progresses, and for upgrades unlocked to have reasonable costs for when you unlock them. So if the 100 Tap requirement can be gotten at 138k Milk, the 100 Tap upgrade should not cost 3,623,188x the cost of your next Tap (unless you do some weird math where said upgrade breaks an entire progression wall, but I don't recommend that because those ways of boosting progression feel bad for the player).

Sorry if this comes off as negative. The framework and basics of the game are interesting enough that I've still sunk the time into having these complaints, and I look forward to how the game evolves.

Hajtand

Nov 5, 2017
All in all it's a cute little time waster. Would be neat with a bit more customization on the cow. And changes when you reach certain milestones. Like when you get the tap she'll start to leak a little bit of milk and when you get to the massager her tits will be a little more perky. Reaching certain amounts of milk milked could increase her breast size. Something to keep the player invested.

Etar

Jul 17, 2017
Honestly, the game is pretty decent.

Good to fiddle aorund with as I work, a few suggestions though; Perhaps make it so the upgrades are reflected on the character? Your pixel art is quite good, but over time it just kinda becomes irrelevant since, as you progress, you have less and less reason to manually click. Adding in visual changes as you upgrade (Perhaps show the things we buy actualy being used on her or something).

I'd suggest looking into the game called "Your Own Living Cowgirl"
Its very similar to your game.

GreyRaccoon

Game Developer
Jan 27, 2022
Is there nudity in this game? Can the bra be taken off?
It's a bit strange to see nipples being hidden in a breast and lactation focused game.

TGIL

Mar 12, 2019
I maxed out the first two upgrades and whatever little boxes show up, upper left. But I now I can't do anything even with a full milk tank.

Kethrian

Oct 5, 2018
I maxed out the first two upgrades and whatever little boxes show up, upper left. But I now I can't do anything even with a full milk tank.
Dump will empty the tank and increase its capacity. You have to dump a full tank multiple times.

Reactions: TGIL

Slayerz

Aug 2, 2017
Okay so after a few hours of having this game playing on the side, I can now say that there are 0 sexual content and not even any nudity. Would be nice to remove that bra from her or a bit more interactivity with her :(

Looking forward for new updates to make it more interesting.

1643315748215.png

cooperdk

Engaged Member
Jul 23, 2017
Hi there, thanks for giving the game a try! I'm sorry to hear that the game isn't up your alley; I hope you'll find something that fits your niche. As for milking with the bra on...advanced secretion technology, of course.

Clicker games like all others have their specific audience, but I'm hoping to add a bit more that isn't just watching numbers go up (and breasts go down). Full disclaimer though, as noted in the original post, it is an idle game. Regardless, thanks for the two cents!

Thank you for the comment about that, I wasn't really thinking about first-time experience. I'll try to add a one-time indicator for a future build that should help make that a bit more clear. Much appreciated!
Well, first off, it isn't up my alley being a clicker, which is just ridiculous in my eyes and only useful for money making projects (remind you, they originated from the "free" with purchasable point sites like Nutaku).
Milking is right up my alley.
That said, totally uninteresting without being able to see the actual milking process, so your game is not gonna be the least bit interesting to those you're trying to target.

You're gonna have to include gameplay too, as I mentioned. People will try it and then toss it to hell when they find out it's just a clicker.

And the first two places go to..?
There are none, that's the joke.

MaybeMee

Game Developer
Aug 13, 2021
Interesting game. Writing for the gameplay right now, because lewd wise there's just a moderately attractive well done sprite with some jiggles.

Early game: it's decent. Probably needs a minor one time textbox for the Dump mechanic. Otherwise a perfectly fine incremental game start: some active play, to get the first passive options, to further boost passive options.

Past that the gameplay in the current state falls apart. Clicking becomes useless within a few minutes, because there's only 2-3 realistic upgrades for it (all boosting the 1 Milk flat rate) and your first Pump will provide as much as a base click. Almost every building becomes useless as soon as you unlock the next building, made worse because all upgrades are 2x production and upgrade costs are wildly out of sync. As an example of the problem, the 101st Tap costs 138k milk from a building currently providing a whole 80 milk a second. The 50th (75th?) building upgrade for a Tap costs 5 billion Milk: at my current 100 Tap mark, that means I would need to leave the game open for roughly 2 years to pay off the cost of the 50 Tap upgrade.

So suggestion: find some way for buildings (and upgrades) to provide benefit as the game progresses. You can do this the Cookie Clicker way, with things like Taps unlocking upgrades for clicking based on Milk per Second or things like Pumps boosting the production of Massagers. You can do this the Realm Grinder way, with total clicks boosting the production of Taps, or getting enough of a building unlocking upgrades for max Milk boosting total production. You just need some way for buildings to retain value as the game progresses, and for upgrades unlocked to have reasonable costs for when you unlock them. So if the 100 Tap requirement can be gotten at 138k Milk, the 100 Tap upgrade should not cost 3,623,188x the cost of your next Tap (unless you do some weird math where said upgrade breaks an entire progression wall, but I don't recommend that because those ways of boosting progression feel bad for the player).

Sorry if this comes off as negative. The framework and basics of the game are interesting enough that I've still sunk the time into having these complaints, and I look forward to how the game evolves.
Thank you for the in-depth review! Per your comment on a one time textbox, this has already been addressed (thank you for the feedback, including everyone else that gave that sort of vibe). I've taken a few steps already in the next release that should start to make manually clicking meaningful again (mps % based clicking). Upgrade costs are something I will need to revise, and thank you for making this clear with ballpark numbers. I agree that it's not friendly at the moment and I'm erring towards a complete teardown and rebuild of how that scaling works (not a big deal, though). I don't consider your comments negative, just constructive, which I really do appreciate!

Good to fiddle aorund with as I work, a few suggestions though; Perhaps make it so the upgrades are reflected on the character? Your pixel art is quite good, but over time it just kinda becomes irrelevant since, as you progress, you have less and less reason to manually click. Adding in visual changes as you upgrade (Perhaps show the things we buy actualy being used on her or something).

Thank you for playing! Visual progress is definitely something I'm seeing that people would like to see, which I agree with. Mentioned above to the other quote, hoping to give clicking some more purpose again. I took a brief look at the link you gave, which is a game I didn't know about before, so thanks for sharing! Just gave it a quick play and I can definitely see the parallels, and I also like the concept of it as well.

Reactions: hulatoupla and Etar

c.o.w

Jan 5, 2018
View attachment 1618234

Overview:
Ever wanted to own your own dairy farm producing milk? Milk sourced from less orthodox places? That would be interesting, wouldn't it? You'd find that somewhere, probably. But certainly not this farm! This is an all-natural, organic dairy production farm that produces perfectly normal milk for perfectly normal people! So aside from that, become Big Milk and watch the numbers grow!​
i been honored to see a game under my name, wish you sucess

Jackobie

Jun 20, 2018
So, the game isn't bad, and its new so more content will come eventually. As far as the mechanics go it's a nice idea, i like the dump mechanic but the upgrade cost scaling is a little out there and the game progress slows down SIGNIFICANTLY once you reach the millions. However, the output you can achieve just doesn't compare to how much the upgrades cost after you hit the millions. maybe try reducing the upgrades cost by somewhere between 25-50% as an example the taps are absolutely worthless at this point in the game because the upgrade doubles the output, but the output starts at 0.1 so by the time you get it over 1 per tap the next upgrade costs 6b$.

Honestly for the early tech (anything before massagers) upgrades I would just reduce the whole cost by a factor of 10(still talking about the efficiency upgrades here not the cost itself) so like to get the 100 taps upgrade it would be 600m instead of 6b(I think that's the right one). also implementing click upgrades would help with this.

slowman

Jan 18, 2019
And the first two places go to..?
Well, first off, it isn't up my alley being a clicker, which is just ridiculous in my eyes and only useful for money making projects (remind you, they originated from the "free" with purchasable point sites like Nutaku).
Milking is right up my alley.
That said, totally uninteresting without being able to see the actual milking process, so your game is not gonna be the least bit interesting to those you're trying to target.

You're gonna have to include gameplay too, as I mentioned. People will try it and then toss it to hell when they find out it's just a clicker.

There are none, that's the joke.
Gallon gals which has more content, its on itch.io and i was mistaken i thought your own living cow girl was a clicker game but i remembered it wrong.

So actually this is 2nd best

Reactions: GreyRaccoon

MaybeMee

Game Developer
Aug 13, 2021
So, the game isn't bad, and its new so more content will come eventually. As far as the mechanics go it's a nice idea, i like the dump mechanic but the upgrade cost scaling is a little out there and the game progress slows down SIGNIFICANTLY once you reach the millions. However, the output you can achieve just doesn't compare to how much the upgrades cost after you hit the millions. maybe try reducing the upgrades cost by somewhere between 25-50% as an example the taps are absolutely worthless at this point in the game because the upgrade doubles the output, but the output starts at 0.1 so by the time you get it over 1 per tap the next upgrade costs 6b$.

Honestly for the early tech (anything before massagers) upgrades I would just reduce the whole cost by a factor of 10(still talking about the efficiency upgrades here not the cost itself) so like to get the 100 taps upgrade it would be 600m instead of 6b(I think that's the right one). also implementing click upgrades would help with this.
Thank you for the in-depth response! Just dropping 0.60 will hopefully address some of the scaling issues, but not all. I'm expecting the feel this time to be a bit on the slower side, as I'm trying to tweak it to a point that keeps in mind a couple of other planned mechanics that will help spur along progress. Regardless, everyone thank you for playing and sharing constructive criticism and feedback!

Visual feedback for progress has been duly noted and I will prepare to address this in coming updates. Thank you again!

Jun 22, 2018

That person's older version of the same game is far better in my opinion. The art in the new one isn't as good, and the volume that the breasts can get to just doesn't seem as much as well.

3.20 star(s) 5 Votes