CLDꝜ

̷ ̷ ̶ ̴ ̴ ̴ ̷ ̸ ̸ ̷ ̵ ̸ ̸ ̴ ̵ ̷ ̵ ̴ ̶ ̴ ̶ ̵ ̶ ̴ ̵
Staff member
Community Liaison
Jul 7, 2017
From 1.2 to 2.0? Let's see if I remember everything...

•New story chapter has been added.
•2 new hunting contracts have been added.
•Unlockable picture gallery has been added.
•New player hud added to overworld.
•Additional side quest added for earning gold.
•6 additional bad endings to find.
•Optional short vampire route available.
•Game balance and skills have been adjusted.
•Various grammar errors have been fixed.
•Various Bug fixes.

From 2.0 to 2.0.1, very minor things were addressed.

•The forest maze was adjusted to be less cryptic.
•Slime Rancher now gives you gold based on how many items
you give him rather than having to give them to him one by one.
•Faye has slightly less max health.
•Overworld design has been expanded slightly for future expansion.
•Various small bug fixes.
Awesome, thanks. Updating OP with the changelogs now:)

Guibaesa

Aug 13, 2018
I reached the old mansion but I dont know what to do now. is there any walkthrough? I'm kinda stuck here.

Pic

May 13, 2017
Really nice update, i liked a lot the new characters introduced and the various scenarios. Keep up this way, i am waiting for the next version.

Hummelfried

Jul 20, 2018
But how? .__.

I can't get through the forest - even with the hint that there is a audioclue. Can smb. help me please?

mkrudesign

Game Developer
Mar 21, 2019
Here is a new update straight from my Patreon!

Succubus quest art is all done! I'm working on coding and writing the quest currently. My writing style is pretty "in the moment". I have an idea in my head of how I want the story to go, but I sort of just write out the events and dialogue as I go. Going for something a little bit unexpected for this quest line. I'm looking forward to the reactions lol. I'm really happy with how the art for this quest has turned out. I am creating a corruption/transformation sequence for Mila too. This artwork was really fun to make in particular. Here's a teaser!

mkrudesign

Game Developer
Mar 21, 2019
UPDATE FROM MY PATREON!

Progress for the Succubus Hunting Contract has taken longer than I would have liked. The majority of it has been programmed and written, but I've been tweaking the script here and there to make it's story as interesting as I can. This quest also has two possible outcomes and I'm not talking about the bad endings that come as a result of losing a battle or giving in etc. There are branching paths that I need to patch up to make sure it's running smoothly on release. I'm making this quest accessible as early as the beginning of chapter 2. For those that have difficulty with some of the challenges that appear in Humilem Village, this quest is recommended to complete before hand as it will net you a free vampire dust as well as additional goodies. The difficulty is recommended for level 4 or higher characters as the quest relies more on story than actual combat. Your choices will affect your client's fate so proceed valiantly and with caution!

I'm looking to have this quest finished by Monday or so. From there, I just need to finish our contest winner's quest and the next update should be ready to go!

mkrudesign

Game Developer
Mar 21, 2019
Here's a new update from my Patreon!

Progress on the second quest of the update is going smoothly! I've had plenty of time this week to dedicate to making the game and I can report that all of the art for the second quest is complete, which means I'm completely done with all the drawing I need to do for this update (Yaaay!) and a skeleton of the quest is already programmed and running! I need to write the dialogue for the battles and for some key scenes and... that's pretty much it!

I'm going to run through the game with a fresh save file and try to break my game to find any hang ups or glitches etc. I mainly need to check that nothing is broken with the extended vampire ending since the area you can explore is slightly larger now. I don't plan on adding anything major to that ending...yet. My focus was getting these two quests out. However, I have made some other tweaks to assure people don't accidentally screw over their saves in the future. At certain points (such as the vampire path) saving the game will be inaccessible. Since the game is essentially unwinnable at the point, I don't want players to accidentally overwrite their only save file and end up with a dead game.

I also want to take this time to mention that the scenarios I am making based off the winners of the user submitted quest polls will not be recreated verbatim. To ensure the standards of my game are up to quality, these quest lines may be rewritten to better fit the world and story I have created. I will do my best to be respectful to the submitted source material and keep it as accurate as I can, but please note that when you make a submission, the final product of your submission may not be exactly as you wrote it.

That's all for now folks! Have a new preview image of the next update!

Pic

May 13, 2017

Progress on the second quest of the update is going smoothly! I've had plenty of time this week to dedicate to making the game and I can report that all of the art for the second quest is complete, which means I'm completely done with all the drawing I need to do for this update (Yaaay!) and a skeleton of the quest is already programmed and running! I need to write the dialogue for the battles and for some key scenes and... that's pretty much it!

I'm going to run through the game with a fresh save file and try to break my game to find any hang ups or glitches etc. I mainly need to check that nothing is broken with the extended vampire ending since the area you can explore is slightly larger now. I don't plan on adding anything major to that ending...yet. My focus was getting these two quests out. However, I have made some other tweaks to assure people don't accidentally screw over their saves in the future. At certain points (such as the vampire path) saving the game will be inaccessible. Since the game is essentially unwinnable at the point, I don't want players to accidentally overwrite their only save file and end up with a dead game.

I also want to take this time to mention that the scenarios I am making based off the winners of the user submitted quest polls will not be recreated verbatim. To ensure the standards of my game are up to quality, these quest lines may be rewritten to better fit the world and story I have created. I will do my best to be respectful to the submitted source material and keep it as accurate as I can, but please note that when you make a submission, the final product of your submission may not be exactly as you wrote it.

Very interesting preview image

Reactions: mkrudesign

Jainettie

Jul 19, 2018

I feel like i'm too excited for these updates sometimes.

mkrudesign

Game Developer
Mar 21, 2019

Crimson Veil version 2.1 will be released for everyone to play on 7/28/19. All of my patrons have access to download the game right now!! What are you waiting for?! Go download it!!

My focus on this update was world building. My intent is to put the building blocks in place for parts that will need to be expanded in the future now to cut down on the time I will need to create it later. The new eastern side of the overworld is pretty barren, but will be filled out through further updates. It may look jarring, but I just didn't want to include any points of interest in the overworld if there was no way to interact with them. Mor Town has been greatly expanded. There are more items to pick up by exploring the town which should help players who may be having difficulty with earlier parts of the game. There's also plenty of fun interactions to see with NPCs and objects, so I hope players will interact with all sorts of things in the world to find them.

The real meat of the expansion will be the two new quests available to you. the first quest will be available at the start of chapter 2, while the second quest will be available after you return from the events of chapter 2. These are shorter than the main story quests, but I hope you will enjoy them nonetheless. I had a blast writing these quests. It really got my creative juices flowing the whole time and I just could not stop putting in new ideas, as they were constantly coming to me. I'm particularly looking forward to hearing your reactions to the Succubus side quest, so please be sure to let me know! :)

As with every update moving forward, unfortunately save data compatibility will be an issue for players returning from previous versions. I apologize for this pretty major inconvenience, but as far as I can tell, that's just how it goes when releasing a game in parts like this. If anyone knows of a way to future proof saves for players moving to newer versions, please let me know.

As always, thanks so much for playing and caring about my game. It means the world to me and it is thanks to you that I am so motivated to make this game into a treasure the whole community can enjoy!

Pic

May 13, 2017

Crimson Veil version 2.1 will be released for everyone to play on 7/28/19. All of my patrons have access to download the game right now!! What are you waiting for?! Go download it!!

My focus on this update was world building. My intent is to put the building blocks in place for parts that will need to be expanded in the future now to cut down on the time I will need to create it later. The new eastern side of the overworld is pretty barren, but will be filled out through further updates. It may look jarring, but I just didn't want to include any points of interest in the overworld if there was no way to interact with them. Mor Town has been greatly expanded. There are more items to pick up by exploring the town which should help players who may be having difficulty with earlier parts of the game. There's also plenty of fun interactions to see with NPCs and objects, so I hope players will interact with all sorts of things in the world to find them.

The real meat of the expansion will be the two new quests available to you. the first quest will be available at the start of chapter 2, while the second quest will be available after you return from the events of chapter 2. These are shorter than the main story quests, but I hope you will enjoy them nonetheless. I had a blast writing these quests. It really got my creative juices flowing the whole time and I just could not stop putting in new ideas, as they were constantly coming to me. I'm particularly looking forward to hearing your reactions to the Succubus side quest, so please be sure to let me know! :)

As with every update moving forward, unfortunately save data compatibility will be an issue for players returning from previous versions. I apologize for this pretty major inconvenience, but as far as I can tell, that's just how it goes when releasing a game in parts like this. If anyone knows of a way to future proof saves for players moving to newer versions, please let me know.

As always, thanks so much for playing and caring about my game. It means the world to me and it is thanks to you that I am so motivated to make this game into a treasure the whole community can enjoy!
This incompatibility problem for saves really sucks, i suggest to provide at least a save or two that permit to who already played preavious versions to skip old parts; i also think there should be a thread in this site in which you can find the solution or at least asking for some help.

mkrudesign

Game Developer
Mar 21, 2019
This incompatibility problem for saves really sucks, i suggest to provide at least a save or two that permit to who already played preavious versions to skip old parts; i also think there should be a thread in this site in which you can find the solution or at least asking for some help.
Thats a good idea. I can upload some save points to save people the hassle of having to redo everything. I completely understand how annoying that can be. I will try and have the saves up to download on my Patreon some time tonight. Once I upload the save files, I would also like to know if a Mac user can verify that a save file created using the windows version would be compatible.

SuperMaxo

Nov 3, 2017
Thats a good idea. I can upload some save points to save people the hassle of having to redo everything. I completely understand how annoying that can be. I will try and have the saves up to download on my Patreon some time tonight. Once I upload the save files, I would also like to know if a Mac user can verify that a save file created using the windows version would be compatible.
normally, save files should also be compatible with Mac machines -- depending what time you upload said save files (and-or what time zone you are in), I can verify compatibility tonight, but I might not have the time tomorrow, but I'm sure some other Mac maniac will be willing to help out

3.80 star(s) 21 Votes