• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Jainettie

Jul 19, 2018
Here's a new update from my Patreon!

Crimson Veil version 2.1 will be released for everyone to play on 7/28/19. All of my patrons have access to download the game right now!! What are you waiting for?! Go download it!!

My focus on this update was world building. My intent is to put the building blocks in place for parts that will need to be expanded in the future now to cut down on the time I will need to create it later. The new eastern side of the overworld is pretty barren, but will be filled out through further updates. It may look jarring, but I just didn't want to include any points of interest in the overworld if there was no way to interact with them. Mor Town has been greatly expanded. There are more items to pick up by exploring the town which should help players who may be having difficulty with earlier parts of the game. There's also plenty of fun interactions to see with NPCs and objects, so I hope players will interact with all sorts of things in the world to find them.

The real meat of the expansion will be the two new quests available to you. the first quest will be available at the start of chapter 2, while the second quest will be available after you return from the events of chapter 2. These are shorter than the main story quests, but I hope you will enjoy them nonetheless. I had a blast writing these quests. It really got my creative juices flowing the whole time and I just could not stop putting in new ideas, as they were constantly coming to me. I'm particularly looking forward to hearing your reactions to the Succubus side quest, so please be sure to let me know! :)

As with every update moving forward, unfortunately save data compatibility will be an issue for players returning from previous versions. I apologize for this pretty major inconvenience, but as far as I can tell, that's just how it goes when releasing a game in parts like this. If anyone knows of a way to future proof saves for players moving to newer versions, please let me know.

As always, thanks so much for playing and caring about my game. It means the world to me and it is thanks to you that I am so motivated to make this game into a treasure the whole community can enjoy!
*Jazz music starts playing*

Reactions: mkrudesign

mkrudesign

Game Developer
Mar 21, 2019
Submissions for the next Hunting Contract are now open!

Now that 2.1 has been released to my patrons, I have begun working on new content for Version 2.2. That means I'm going to be needing more suggestions for contracts! If you are unfamiliar with the rules from last time, here they are again:

Rules for posting a hunting contract
•Contracts must use wholly original characters (Meaning no characters from the story chapters can be included as part of the side quest’s plot)
•Contracts must include themes of corruption.
•Contracts may not include themes of: scat, guro, furry, bestiality, and/or futanari. (This list is subject to change)
•Contracts are not limited to vampires, but must include a monster character capable of corrupting Mila.
•Contract ideas are limited to 3 different characters, meaning only 3 original
characters that have illustrations attached to them (This does not apply to npcs without art.)
•Contract ideas may only have 1 alternate ending (Meaning 1 “bad” ending and 1 canon ending.)
•Each contract submission must have the title by which you would like to be credited should your submission be chosen.
Contracts should be descriptive if you want them to be selected, but limit the ideas to 4 paragraphs.

I will be collecting submissions until 7/25/19, so please comment your suggestions down below!

Reactions: Jainettie

Jainettie

Jul 19, 2018
Submissions for the next Hunting Contract are now open!

Now that 2.1 has been released to my patrons, I have begun working on new content for Version 2.2. That means I'm going to be needing more suggestions for contracts! If you are unfamiliar with the rules from last time, here they are again:

Rules for posting a hunting contract
•Contracts must use wholly original characters (Meaning no characters from the story chapters can be included as part of the side quest’s plot)
•Contracts must include themes of corruption.
•Contracts may not include themes of: scat, guro, furry, bestiality, and/or futanari. (This list is subject to change)
•Contracts are not limited to vampires, but must include a monster character capable of corrupting Mila.
•Contract ideas are limited to 3 different characters, meaning only 3 original
characters that have illustrations attached to them (This does not apply to npcs without art.)
•Contract ideas may only have 1 alternate ending (Meaning 1 “bad” ending and 1 canon ending.)
•Each contract submission must have the title by which you would like to be credited should your submission be chosen.
Contracts should be descriptive if you want them to be selected, but limit the ideas to 4 paragraphs.

I will be collecting submissions until 7/25/19, so please comment your suggestions down below!
If only I was creative :mad:

mkrudesign

Game Developer
Mar 21, 2019
Update from my Patreon

I hope my patrons have all been enjoying the latest update. While I wait for all of your ideas to come in for new Hunting Contracts, I have spent this past week working on new art for side quests I want to add to the game. Here is a quick teaser of what's to come:

This one gets a full bite/corruption scene. This kind of art with multiple characters in one drawing is sort of difficult to make and takes much more time, so I don't do them very often. Making this did get me thinking however, that it would be pretty cool to go back to one of the older scenes and update them to include bite/corruption art! I'm going to start up a poll shortly after posting this of which scene you would like to see updated in 2.2 to include bite art like this! It will be running until 7/24/19. I feel like that should be more than enough time to get all my higher tier patrons to vote and I would like to get started on making the art as soon as I can.

I've also made another scene similar to this for the next update. It won't be quest related, you'll have to find it for yourself but... I'm sure it won't be too difficult to find if you know where to look for trouble
;)

Reactions: Jainettie

mkrudesign

Game Developer
Mar 21, 2019
Update from my Patreon

Librarian will be getting additional art in the next update! This poll was really fun to watch! The winner was changing constantly between ghoul and Bianca (rip village horde),
But a ton of votes for librarian came out of nowhere and shot her to the top spot!
Thanks to all who participated in the voting. I hope you look forward to the new art! :)
Also remember that I am still accepting suggestions for hunting contracts until tomorrow, 7/25/19. If you do have an idea you would like to have added into the game, please post it here before the deadline. I will be selecting 4 that I like most and the poll to vote for them will be active starting on sunday 7/28/19 along with my weekly update.

Jainettie

Jul 19, 2018
Update from my Patreon

Librarian will be getting additional art in the next update! This poll was really fun to watch! The winner was changing constantly between ghoul and Bianca (rip village horde),
But a ton of votes for librarian came out of nowhere and shot her to the top spot!
Thanks to all who participated in the voting. I hope you look forward to the new art! :)
Also remember that I am still accepting suggestions for hunting contracts until tomorrow, 7/25/19. If you do have an idea you would like to have added into the game, please post it here before the deadline. I will be selecting 4 that I like most and the poll to vote for them will be active starting on sunday 7/28/19 along with my weekly update.
She is one of my favorite characters yay! :3

mkrudesign

Game Developer
Mar 21, 2019
Been a pretty crazy week for me with lots of stuff to do. I've had a lot of life commitments I had to get done this week, which hasn't given me much time to work on the game. I've been think a lot about this upcoming user submitted contest that will be posted shortly. I've been planning in my head scenarios of how I would handle the art and the quests themselves. I think the bunch we have this round are all great choices and I can't wait to start making some art for it!

There is one hurdle that I may face. I'm not a sprite artist in anyway. The only sprite I have ever edited was Mila's new sprite in 2.1 (Which I'm very proud of by the way!) Looking forward however, I may run into some issues creating sprites for different kinds of monster girls. An example of this is the new monster I showed off in the last update. Here is a new look at the art:

This design isn't something I can accurately recreate in rpg maker's default npc maker. In the future, some of the designs may become more complicated. Is anyone out there familiar with sprite artists that would be willing to create sprites for this project? I want to pay these artists a fair price, but I would like to see some of their past work first before commissioning them. That's all I've got for now, be sure to cast your vote as soon as it is available! I will have the poll running until 8/1/19!

Jainettie

Jul 19, 2018
Been a pretty crazy week for me with lots of stuff to do. I've had a lot of life commitments I had to get done this week, which hasn't given me much time to work on the game. I've been think a lot about this upcoming user submitted contest that will be posted shortly. I've been planning in my head scenarios of how I would handle the art and the quests themselves. I think the bunch we have this round are all great choices and I can't wait to start making some art for it!

There is one hurdle that I may face. I'm not a sprite artist in anyway. The only sprite I have ever edited was Mila's new sprite in 2.1 (Which I'm very proud of by the way!) Looking forward however, I may run into some issues creating sprites for different kinds of monster girls. An example of this is the new monster I showed off in the last update. Here is a new look at the art:

This design isn't something I can accurately recreate in rpg maker's default npc maker. In the future, some of the designs may become more complicated. Is anyone out there familiar with sprite artists that would be willing to create sprites for this project? I want to pay these artists a fair price, but I would like to see some of their past work first before commissioning them. That's all I've got for now, be sure to cast your vote as soon as it is available! I will have the poll running until 8/1/19!
But the real question is if Mila is a joestar

CLDꝜ

̷ ̷ ̶ ̴ ̴ ̴ ̷ ̸ ̸ ̷ ̵ ̸ ̸ ̴ ̵ ̷ ̵ ̴ ̶ ̴ ̶ ̵ ̶ ̴ ̵
Staff member
Community Liaison
Jul 7, 2017
OP updated. Be sure to report the thread when there's a new version available.

3.80 star(s) 21 Votes