nowl60010

Jul 18, 2018
I really like the game. I think the only thing that turns me off of this game is the game over for stupid things. The whole diary for example. It would have been better to allow the player to read the diary for the scene and then decide to destroy or keep the diary. Then if the player approaches the window they can unlock the window for the game over scene or leave it locked to keep playing.

I just know that for me the game is losing play value because of the constant threat of game over. I feel like to play this game, a player has to follow the pattern... Save game, look at the bush. Save game, talk to the NPC. Save game, look at the bookcase. Save game, change screens. You get the picture. The reason I feel this way is that in 5 minutes of game play I beat Faye, got my reward, upgraded my whip, talked to all the NPCs, got the travel widget and purify skill. I then read the diary, died and had to start all over again without even leaving the safety of the town (all within 5 minutes).

I get that in RPGs saving every 15 minutes is expected. 30 minutes is pushing it. However, every 2 minutes is overkill.

Again, I love the concept of the game. The story is solid and the pictures are good. I am still playing and continue to follow the updates. I can't wait to see what happens next, but having to keep backtracking every time I forget to save after 2 minutes does grate on the nerves.

mkrudesign

Game Developer
Mar 21, 2019
I really like the game. I think the only thing that turns me off of this game is the game over for stupid things. The whole diary for example. It would have been better to allow the player to read the diary for the scene and then decide to destroy or keep the diary. Then if the player approaches the window they can unlock the window for the game over scene or leave it locked to keep playing.

I just know that for me the game is losing play value because of the constant threat of game over. I feel like to play this game, a player has to follow the pattern... Save game, look at the bush. Save game, talk to the NPC. Save game, look at the bookcase. Save game, change screens. You get the picture. The reason I feel this way is that in 5 minutes of game play I beat Faye, got my reward, upgraded my whip, talked to all the NPCs, got the travel widget and purify skill. I then read the diary, died and had to start all over again without even leaving the safety of the town (all within 5 minutes).

I get that in RPGs saving every 15 minutes is expected. 30 minutes is pushing it. However, every 2 minutes is overkill.

Again, I love the concept of the game. The story is solid and the pictures are good. I am still playing and continue to follow the updates. I can't wait to see what happens next, but having to keep backtracking every time I forget to save after 2 minutes does grate on the nerves.
That’s fair. Reading the diary should have more of a warning. Im sorry you had to lose so much progress. I cant think of too many other scenarios that are similar to that off hand. I know there is the coffin trap, though I feel that trap is pretty well telegraphed. Same with the tavern ending.

Reactions: Blortz

Fatuität

Aug 17, 2019
I'm sorry to ask, but I cannot find the item to put into the knight statue under the library. I would love to continue playing, for I am enjoying the game. May anyone provide me an answer, where I can find this item?

mkrudesign

Game Developer
Mar 21, 2019
I'm sorry to ask, but I cannot find the item to put into the knight statue under the library. I would love to continue playing, for I am enjoying the game. May anyone provide me an answer, where I can find this item?
It's either in the chest on the library counter, which is opened by a key, which is found in a locket, which is found by killing the blond ghoul OR inside of a book on top of the bookshelf, accessed by using the ladder.

mkrudesign

Game Developer
Mar 21, 2019
Update from my Patreon!

This week, my focus was on building the new areas you will be exploring in 2.2. The primary area of expansion is The Rotten Grove, the forest in the eastern overworld. Before, it was a relatively small patch of woods that you could explore as part of a quest. Now, the forest has been largely expanded. The forest maze, one of the new sections of the forest, is the largest area in the game yet. It's very difficult to show off with in-game screenshots, but I've included a small collage of the more notable set pieces.

There will also be a new town south of the forest. There are no screenshots of it for now, because it's very barren at the moment. This town will be tied to one of the new quests and will also include an area where you can sell off unneeded items for gold!

As stated in a previous update, 2.2 will include a crossover with 's The Blood Temple. The new area's layout is inspired by the original game's design somewhat, but there are some differences that set it apart. This area is home to some devious traps, so be sure to take caution when exploring or you may come to an unexpected bad ending! The layout of this area is almost complete and then I will begin working on writing the events and of course all the dialogue.

Finally, I am aiming for a late September/early October release for 2.2. This time of the year is crazy busy for me in the real world and I want to set your expectations for a bit of a later date than usual for this update. Designing these new maps is filling my brain with creative juices again, so I can't wait to begin writing the story and dialogue for the game!

Reactions: NeroZee and fanboi

NeroZee

Jun 24, 2018
A.png

Anyone know where i can find these 2 remaining scenes? They are the only ones i am missing.

mkrudesign

Game Developer
Mar 21, 2019
Pic 17 is only available if you do not kill the bookworm vamp when you first visit the library at the beginning of the game. When you return there later in the game, you meet her again and if you spare her that time, then you can visit Mor Town Center and speak with her grandmother. She will give you an item that you return back to the vampire, which will unlock the image in the gallery and give you a new skill.

Pic 19 unlocks after completing one of the hunting contracts posted in the Tavern. It's the one where you need to return to the mansion in the forest.

Hope that helps!

Reactions: ed132

mkrudesign

Game Developer
Mar 21, 2019
This week has been excellent, progress wise! The preview image of the Librarian bite I posted yesterday is now complete! I’m editing up the scene itself to better fit that illustration, so theres something to look forward to if you decide to boot up 2.2 from the beginning.
I’ve also got a new character to show you all!
She will be appearing as a boss in one of the upcoming questlines. She’s got a few more expressions, but you’ll have to wait for 2.2 to see more. I really enjoyed drawing this character. Redheads are always a treat for me!

I also wanted to point out that my Patreon just hit 50 Patrons!

This number goes up and down, but to finally see it hit this milestone is a big achievement for me. Im glad so many people are able to enjoy playing through Crimson Veil and that there are even those that are able to support the game financially like this! When first creating this game, I went in with the mindset of making a short, fun, niche title for vampire fans to enjoy, but thanks to this community, its scope has started to become something even greater than I envisioned. Thanks so much to all of you for giving me the motivation to make Crimson Veil the best it can be! I cant wait to continue delivering more content to the game for all of you to enjoy!

mkrudesign

Game Developer
Mar 21, 2019
The Nosferatu quest is now done! Although to say it's a "Nosferatu quest" is a bit misleading... I have decided to make the Nosferatu a new enemy type that can be encountered. Within the expanded Rotten Grove area, several Nosferatu enemies can found and defeated for gold as well as Vampire Dust. Nosferatu are resilient enemies and whip attacks do little to hurt them. "Piercing" attacks however are incredibly effective! With 2.2, Skills will now have an attack type. Enemies will all have weaknesses and resistances to certain attack types! You can now see a Skill's attack type in it's description.

Attachment.png

The new quest no longer revolves around defeating a Nosferatu, but they are instead an obstacle you will come across while completing said quest. This quest will involve a rather strange individual who appears to be... a doctor of some kind? He needs help obtaining ingredients for a new concoction, ingredients that can only be found in, you guessed it, The Rotten Grove. This may appear to be a simple fetch quest at first, but there may be more to this quest than meets the eye... Malicious intent looms over this quest and if you aren't careful about who you choose to trust, you may find yourself in a bad ending...

Attachment_1.png

DISCLAIMER

I currently live in an area that is still in a danger zone of Hurricane Dorian. Potential power outages, internet outages and other major destructive setbacks can be caused by this powerful storm that may hinder progress on the next update. I will be sure to update as soon as the OK has been given in my area or after the storm passes.

Reactions: CLDꝜ and fanboi

mkrudesign

Game Developer
Mar 21, 2019
Blood Temple questline is now at about 80% completed! The quest flow works as it should and the last things that need to be worked on are: Bad Endings dialogue, Bad Ending art, and adjusting the difficulty of the battles. This whole area, including the expanded area of
The Rotten Grove, is the greatest bulk of dev time for this update. The last part that needs to be worked on is the recent User Submitted Contest Quest, featuring Alraune corruption. Thankfully, this quest is much more simple in terms of design and the largest part that needs to be worked on is the art for the quest. This update is still on track for a late September-Early October release date.
Finally, another preview I would like to share! Another bad ending is getting an art update! As you know, when you fail to heal the vampirism status from Mila and perish while in the overworld, you were treated to a bad ending. With this new update, there will be now be a transformation sequence to go along the original plain text. The art is done, so check out the first frame of the sequence!

As a special bonus to all of my $5 and up Patrons, I will be posting the full sequence .gif for
you to view right now! I hope you all enjoy it!

mkrudesign

Game Developer
Mar 21, 2019
I thought I was pretty close finishing the Blood Temple quest line, but it turned out there was quite a bit more I wanted to add in to make it feel complete. When writing scenes for two of the characters, I felt like I didn't create enough expressions for them and the scene felt awkward when play testing through it. It felt like having a conversation with someone and all they do is stare while speaking. O_O SO yeah, I fixed that up! I drew more expressions for the two said characters and those scenes work a lot better now.
I also went and extended one of the bad endings in this quest to allow you to play around in the temple as a vampire a little bit. It's a brief segment and you are restricted to the confines of the temple (It is your new home after all), but I hope you will still check out all the interactions that are available in there as a vampire.

This quest area was pretty extensive. It may be the largest I have made for any previous update (baring the original release). When looking at all the art assets I've made for this update compared to 2.1, there is quite a bit more and I think I underestimated the amount of work it would take to make this update. BUT, testing aside I can finally move on to the final bit I need to work on for 2.2, which is the user submitted contract quest! I've begun work on it and as I stated in last week's update, there is much less to work on than the Blood Temple quest! Ground work is laid out, need to write the scenes and I still need to draw the art. The Alraune sprite is done, however! She came out looking more like a plant girl, but I still do not have a sprite artist to help me on this project so you'll have to settle for my shoddy sprite work instead!

The finish line for this update is in sight for me and I hope you are all looking forward to the new content I've added!

Reactions: Natol and fanboi

Gokudera

Apr 27, 2017
Where you can find the ore to upgrade the whip?

edit: nevermind, found it.
Would ignoring the diary have any consequences or events, or it just meant to postpone the decision?

Last edited:

mkrudesign

Game Developer
Mar 21, 2019
UPDATE FROM MY PATREON!!

The release of 2.2 is SUPER CLOSE!! The last piece of art is currently in the final stages of completion. I'm working on it as I am writing this and it is coming out great! I can't wait to hear what you all think! Game wise, writing and event scripting for the last quest is nearly done. I need to do a few run-throughs of the quest to see how it flows and make sure that there isn't anything game breaking. I've got the next two days off and I'll be working hard to have 2.2 ready for you before next Sunday!

Reactions: fanboi

mkrudesign

Game Developer
Mar 21, 2019
Crimson Veil 2.2 is now available to all patrons!

Changes include:

•Two new Hunting Contracts have been added.

•One new Non-Hunting Contract side quest available in South Mor Town from NPC after the end of chapter 2.

•Ten additional images added to photo gallery.

•The Rotten Grove expanded.

•You can now read through Mila's diary without triggering a bad ending.

•New enemy type: Nosferatu.

•Flower Shop Laurels now have a stock of 5 per Laurel

•Eastern Overworld is locked until end of chapter 2.

•Librarian scene in chapter 1 redone. New art has been added as well.

•Difficulty of Librarian and Bookworm battles have been adjusted.

•Whip Upgrade store has been expanded! New whips are available as well as a place to purchase Silver Ore.

•Selling items now possible at a store found in the Eastern Overworld (Abelleth Village).

•Transformation sequence added when dying from vampirism in the Overworld.

•Liquid Silver and Dagger skills now inflict "Weakened" state instead of lowering all stats.

•The level at which certain skills are acquired has been changed.

Save data is already included with the download, however during my testing I found that placing an older saves folder into either the www folder (Windows) or Resources folder (Mac) will carry over save data to the new version. If you would prefer to play with your own save data, you can do that. If not, four saves files are already included.

File 1 is the beginning of chapter 2. File 2 is right before the fight with Viviene. File 3 is at the end of chapter 2. File 4 is also the end of chapter 4, but with all previous side quests completed. Choose File 4 if you want to get straight into the new quests!

Unfortunately, my tester was unavailable to help me play test the game. I've run through the game a few times, but I've likely overlooked some issues. Please report any issues you find so I can get to fixing it as soon as I can. I'm counting on all of you to help me play test this!

I'm actually going on vacation with the family for the next week, so I really wanted to get this update up and running before I went on my trip. I'm looking forward to taking a few days off! There will not be any update on Sunday the 29th, but I will be reading and responding to any comments regarding the game. I hope you guys enjoy it!

CLDꝜ

̷ ̷ ̶ ̴ ̴ ̴ ̷ ̸ ̸ ̷ ̵ ̸ ̸ ̴ ̵ ̷ ̵ ̴ ̶ ̴ ̶ ̵ ̶ ̴ ̵
Staff member
Community Liaison
Jul 7, 2017
Below is my unofficial Linux version of Crimson Veil v2.4. Extract, then run "nw" to play.
(Tested and working 100% on Manjaro Linux with the 5.5.11-1 kernel. Confirmed running on Debian Testing)
- - -

Last edited:

Deathdawg

Jul 29, 2017
I seem to remember when i played this game last that it was an end if you became a vamp but would love to see that it was either inevitable to become one or that you could play the game either way perhaps as a vamp that is searching for the 'cure'

88Michele88

Bloodborn Vampire
Game Developer
Apr 22, 2018
Sorry, I don't wont play anymore to this game, becouse I'm on the side to vampire, If this game don't have routh of good vampire as destiny without game over I don't wont play to it anymore. I love female games, but this I see only game over scenes and this system, I hate it very, very, very much.

3.80 star(s) 21 Votes