Gokudera

Apr 27, 2017
edit: I have a question about the first quest available in the tavern. There's two way to continue, helping the Alraune or harvesting her. In the first case, the location she mentions, in the southeast of the forest maze,, doesn't lead to a new area or shown something new. If you instead kill her, completing the contract doesn't end the quest in the tavern, or generate the second mentioned in the log.

Last edited:

Gokudera

Apr 27, 2017
I completed the Alraune quest both way, and it doesn't unlock the next one, as well as remaining 'accepted' and not completed in the board. Not sure if it's a glitch or there's something else required to complete it.

CLDꝜ

̷ ̷ ̶ ̴ ̴ ̴ ̷ ̸ ̸ ̷ ̵ ̸ ̸ ̴ ̵ ̷ ̵ ̴ ̶ ̴ ̶ ̵ ̶ ̴ ̵
Staff member
Community Liaison
Jul 7, 2017
the only ending im getting is the conversion, and red dress pic
A good way to get to the most of the bad endings is to use the Special menu in combat with unique enemies (not random ghouls etc) then surrender. Also when there's a choice in dialogue, pick the obvious bad choice. Just remember to save often.

francisdrake

Feb 21, 2019
One thing I wish this game had was more non-vampire bad ends attached. One of my favourite ones from when the game came out was the "cure" ending.

Reactions: mkrudesign

CLDꝜ

̷ ̷ ̶ ̴ ̴ ̴ ̷ ̸ ̸ ̷ ̵ ̸ ̸ ̴ ̵ ̷ ̵ ̴ ̶ ̴ ̶ ̵ ̶ ̴ ̵
Staff member
Community Liaison
Jul 7, 2017
Current up to date saves pls?
From the changelog:
Save data is already included with the download, however during my testing I found that placing an older saves folder into either the www folder (Windows) or Resources folder (Mac) will carry over save data to the new version. If you would prefer to play with your own save data, you can do that. If not, four saves files are already included.

File 1 is the beginning of chapter 2. File 2 is right before the fight with Viviene. File 3 is at the end of chapter 2. File 4 is also the end of chapter 4, but with all previous side quests completed. Choose File 4 if you want to get straight into the new quests!

tigerlady360

Dec 17, 2018
ive surrendered to everything i could find and had no luck with finding that scene. if anyone else has found it and can give me a hint id appreciate it.

Pic

May 13, 2017
Wow the new update is really awesome, i loved all the new characters and quests.
The only thing that let me down a bit was
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Really good job i'm impatient for the new contents, also i found the new drawings really improved :)

mkrudesign

Game Developer
Mar 21, 2019
ive surrendered to everything i could find and had no luck with finding that scene. if anyone else has found it and can give me a hint id appreciate it.
If you are looking for the slave brand cgs, you have to complete the quest from the man in South Mor Town. He asks you to collect 5 mushrooms. After that he will give you a package. You need to deliver that package to an abandoned house in East Mor Town, which will give you the bad ending with those CGs. Be sure to save beforehand!

mkrudesign

Game Developer
Mar 21, 2019
Hey everyone! I'm back from my vacation and I'm back to work! How have you been enjoying 2.2 so far? I've spent the last few days cleaning up some of the bugs and other issues that were sent to me. The smoother 2.2.1 will be released for everyone on Wednesday Oct 9.

This is the same version update I released on 9/25, but with a few things I've updated which include: Removed vampire Mila face portrait where it shouldn't appear, a glitch that affected progression of the Cathedral Nun contract, Trap room chest now contains a Silver Ore instead of being empty, trap room bad ending now has art at end instead of fading to black (Same art as dying in the overworld), Alraune quest should now be marked as complete regardless of whether or not you harvest her.

The most significant part of this 2.2.1 update is a change to an art piece. It was meant to go into 2.2, but I ran out of time and couldn't include it. You can check out the comparison below.

I actually drew the original version of this art 2 years ago and it was never made with the intention of adding it into a game. When I began work on Crimson Veil in December, this was one of the first pieces I used to test out adding art into my game. As you can tell though, I hadn't really cemented what Mila's final design was at that time. Her face looked really odd, the buttons on her corset were larger, her hair was a bit spikier at the bottom, and her chest was smaller. It had been bothering me for a while now how much this old piece stuck out from the rest and I really wanted to update it, since this piece has always been one of my favorites. I hope you like the new version! I'm personally very pleased with how it came out :)

That's all for now! Look forward the update this Wednesday!

mkrudesign

Game Developer
Mar 21, 2019
Crimson Veil Version 2.2.1 is now available for everyone to download! The link is available on my Patreon:

As mentioned in the last update, this is the same version that was released early for my patrons with some bug fixes and an update to a previous illustration. As in the last upload, save data is included to quickly get you to the parts you want to play the most, without having to start all over.

Now that this version is complete, I have begun brainstorming ideas for 2.3. I mentioned in a previous update that I would want to include an area that featured a more "classic" take on vampires, particularly inspired by Dracula. This is going to be the main focus for me going into 2.3, but I will also be including 1 user submitted contract as usual and I will also have another poll for which vampire character will have an updated bite scene illustration added to their bad ending.

There is one idea that I have been scratching my head on how to implement for a while now and I may have found a solution that will not only work, but save me a headache in the future. That's all I will say for now, but know that it's something that has been highly requested...

If you enjoy the game, please consider leaving it a short review! I would really like to hear your feedback on how I can improve the game and I'd also like to help spread the word so that more people can try out the game for themselves! Your support is invaluable to me!

Last edited:

Jan 10, 2018
Oh, wow, this has come a long way since the first version that I played! I really like what's been added thus far. And I'm glad to see that the poor little bookworm can survive now - she was too cute to die :) !

A few thoughts and suggestions that came to mind when playing the game...

1. Personally, I think it would be a good idea for the game to encourage you to check the hunting contracts between the first and second missions; I forgot all about them until the end of the game, but even if I hadn't, it would feel wrong to go and do a minor quest when I'm told my best friend disappeared on a mission. Some brief break to make it more appropriate would make sense, I think.

2. The vampy village is nicely done, but it also feels slightly railroady... I feel like it would benefit from either a minor quest (to make it feel less like an obvious trap, even if that's what it is), or a way for the main character to properly uncover the secret, like she did with the librarian (not necessarily changing anything significant about how the mission goes; just rewarding the player for investigating the town, and helping her not yell at the main character that she's being an idiot trusting the obviously suspicious "saint".)

3. To make the emotional beat of having to kill your best friend hit home a bit more, I would recommend adding a couple more interactions between her and the main character - maybe she helps you out a bit more with the first mission, or maybe you reminisce about the old days a bit with her. As it is, I... Don't actually remember her name.

4. I feel like there should be a different reason that we can't go back into the room where Evelyn "died" - maybe something like "I can't bear to go back in there"? I understand why we can't, but given that we buried another major person who died that day, it feels odd that we wouldn't consider extending the same courtesy to another adventurer.

5. It would be fun to expand on the vampire paths a bit, though I understand if you'd rather focus on the actual game instead of a fun expanded "Bad End". Maybe let you continue the main storyline for a couple of more missions while you pretend to not be a vampire, to get them to let down their guard?

6. On a side note, it kind of feels weird to see the cultists talking about Satan when... The rest of the setting doesn't exactly look Christian in the least. It might be better to come up with another "Evil God" name, or just use "Dark Lord" exclusively. It's not a terribly important point either way, though.

7. While I didn't finish it, the contract with the Cathedral really felt a lot like a retread of the mission you just completed. I mean, you go there, the Cathedral's matron acts Really Suspicious, and... Everyone there dies, including the person the main character really wanted to protect, because the matron was actually a vampire perpetuating an evil cult. Exactly the way it looked right from the start, and which the main character remarks upon. Personally, I would suggest either moving the contract to take place after the third mission to create more distance between the two plot beats, subverting the quest so that it only looks similar at the start (maybe it was actually Lily who was the vampire behind the plot, and the Matron had actually come back to defeat the cult herself), and/or add a way to interfere with the plan so that the emotional beat is different (say, finding the diary before the matron can complete the plan).

8. One last minor irrelevant detail, but it would be nice if there were a way for the vampire scientist to initiate the battle in the first mission - something like the main character asking for details on this supposed vaccine against vampires, and the scientist deciding that she'll just force the matter instead. I know it's silly, but I feel bad just dismissing her out of hand, even though we have every reason to doubt her.

Anyways, all of that said, I quite like how the game is going so far :) ! All of these are fairly minor points, so while I hope they're useful feedback, don't take them too seriously :) .

mkrudesign

Game Developer
Mar 21, 2019
Oh, wow, this has come a long way since the first version that I played! I really like what's been added thus far. And I'm glad to see that the poor little bookworm can survive now - she was too cute to die :) !

A few thoughts and suggestions that came to mind when playing the game...

1. Personally, I think it would be a good idea for the game to encourage you to check the hunting contracts between the first and second missions; I forgot all about them until the end of the game, but even if I hadn't, it would feel wrong to go and do a minor quest when I'm told my best friend disappeared on a mission. Some brief break to make it more appropriate would make sense, I think.

2. The vampy village is nicely done, but it also feels slightly railroady... I feel like it would benefit from either a minor quest (to make it feel less like an obvious trap, even if that's what it is), or a way for the main character to properly uncover the secret, like she did with the librarian (not necessarily changing anything significant about how the mission goes; just rewarding the player for investigating the town, and helping her not yell at the main character that she's being an idiot trusting the obviously suspicious "saint".)

3. To make the emotional beat of having to kill your best friend hit home a bit more, I would recommend adding a couple more interactions between her and the main character - maybe she helps you out a bit more with the first mission, or maybe you reminisce about the old days a bit with her. As it is, I... Don't actually remember her name.

4. I feel like there should be a different reason that we can't go back into the room where Evelyn "died" - maybe something like "I can't bear to go back in there"? I understand why we can't, but given that we buried another major person who died that day, it feels odd that we wouldn't consider extending the same courtesy to another adventurer.

5. It would be fun to expand on the vampire paths a bit, though I understand if you'd rather focus on the actual game instead of a fun expanded "Bad End". Maybe let you continue the main storyline for a couple of more missions while you pretend to not be a vampire, to get them to let down their guard?

6. On a side note, it kind of feels weird to see the cultists talking about Satan when... The rest of the setting doesn't exactly look Christian in the least. It might be better to come up with another "Evil God" name, or just use "Dark Lord" exclusively. It's not a terribly important point either way, though.

7. While I didn't finish it, the contract with the Cathedral really felt a lot like a retread of the mission you just completed. I mean, you go there, the Cathedral's matron acts Really Suspicious, and... Everyone there dies, including the person the main character really wanted to protect, because the matron was actually a vampire perpetuating an evil cult. Exactly the way it looked right from the start, and which the main character remarks upon. Personally, I would suggest either moving the contract to take place after the third mission to create more distance between the two plot beats, subverting the quest so that it only looks similar at the start (maybe it was actually Lily who was the vampire behind the plot, and the Matron had actually come back to defeat the cult herself), and/or add a way to interfere with the plan so that the emotional beat is different (say, finding the diary before the matron can complete the plan).

8. One last minor irrelevant detail, but it would be nice if there were a way for the vampire scientist to initiate the battle in the first mission - something like the main character asking for details on this supposed vaccine against vampires, and the scientist deciding that she'll just force the matter instead. I know it's silly, but I feel bad just dismissing her out of hand, even though we have every reason to doubt her.

Anyways, all of that said, I quite like how the game is going so far :) ! All of these are fairly minor points, so while I hope they're useful feedback, don't take them too seriously :) .
Hey thanks for playing through the new version and for your extensive feedback! For much of the story beats you would like me to edit, I most likely will not be going back and changing them, since it would be hassle to rescript some of those segments, but I'll keep your suggestions in mind when writing future scenarios. I do agree with you that Iris (Mila's friend who she must kill) is rather unmemorable, since you hardly see her before killing her. Her role is to more to be a driving force for Mila than to be an actual character unfortunately. That doesn't excuse bad writing, but I just never had much of a role for her beyond that.
The cathedral quest is very similar to the village quest, but this quest was actually a prize for one of my patrons who won the chance to have their idea in the game. I did write it, but I wanted to stick close to their original idea.
Many people have suggested an extended version of vampire game play. All I can say for now is... Soon. :)

Jan 10, 2018
I do agree with you that Iris (Mila's friend who she must kill) is rather unmemorable, since you hardly see her before killing her. Her role is to more to be a driving force for Mila than to be an actual character unfortunately.
But... Immediately after her death is the first opportunity that Mila has to deliberately become a vampire and nom on Nocturna :unsure: . I guess that's how she earne such an unmemorable role - she was so bad at her one job that she actively undermined Mila's determination :cry: ...

I'm joking, to be clear; I just found it a bit ironic, considering how that mission can end.

Other than that, thank you for responding to my feedback :) ! Even if it was more of a grab bag of minor points that stood out to me while playing.

Thallin

Jun 6, 2019
Is anyone else getting the laurel store glitch?

I keep getting the glitch that if you try to buy laurels after she gives you the first one it drains all your gold but you can buy all the laurels even if you run out of gold.

3.80 star(s) 21 Votes