mkrudesign

Game Developer
Mar 21, 2019
Finally I've found every pictures! However, for some reason the Alraune quest is not reported as completed in the tavern. I hope it won't ruin the save for future versions.

I have a question: what happened to the Iris twin/lookalike? We'll see her again?
Uhhhhh....She’s sorta dead... well “dead” dead, not undead. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

mkrudesign

Game Developer
Mar 21, 2019
Just as a reminder...

Contract submissions will be open until 11/3/19. That is just 2 days away! Please be sure to get your idea in before the deadline if you want it be considered for the next update! I will be reviewing these submissions and will select 4 to be voted on shortly after.

mkrudesign

Game Developer
Mar 21, 2019
Update from my Patreon!!

Today is the deadline for user submitted contract ideas. Were you able to get yours done in time? If not, there is always next update. I will be looking over all the ideas and posting 4 of them for you to vote on within the comings days, so look forward to that. I'm about to catch a flight to D.C. to visit family. I will not be able to work on Crimson Veil much during this week, but I do have something pre-planned for next week's update, so don't worry.
It's been a bit of a slower week for me. Motivation hasn't been it's highest. Sometimes I just stare at the screen with my eyes glazing over and it's difficult to get any work done. As I am writing this, I do feel rejuvenated. I've been working on map design, since my head is not into making art at the moment. There are quite a few maps that need to get done in this update... Why? I will be letting you know in an upcoming update.
Today I also want to share with you another new enemy type being added in. Check this out:

It's... a vampire hunter! Hmmm...? But why would we be fighting off other vampire hunters? Shouldn't they be our allies? Stay tuned!

Black Onix

Jun 4, 2019
To clarify, any attempt to become a vampire leads to a bad ending? And pregnancy also like bad ending?

mkrudesign

Game Developer
Mar 21, 2019
To clarify, any attempt to become a vampire leads to a bad ending? And pregnancy also like bad ending?
Currently, there is only one scenario where you can play as a vampire after the initial bad ending. In every other scenario, its just a bad ending with art.

mkrudesign

Game Developer
Mar 21, 2019
Update from my Patreon!

How is everyone doing? I've got something really special to share with you all today. I'm happy to confirm that 2.3 will be including a full-on vampire route! I had been thinking for a while what would be the easiest way I could possibly implement this feature into the game and I think I've got it.

Without giving too much away, Mila has awoken as a powerful vampire. She discovers that several decades have passed since she was embraced and the world around her has drastically changed. Familiar places will be different and people she once knew will be long gone. A completely separate story line begins at this point and this route will be getting updates every other version or so.

The overworld will have a much more drab and dark appearance in this scenario. I think it fits the theme of it being the "evil" route. Because each map will need to be updated to fit this new world, I will not be able to include every previously explorable area on this initial release. I am going through each map one by one and adjusting them accordingly. I want to create scenarios in these areas and make them seem important in this timeline. I need to design enemies and reasons to go to those areas outside of basic exploration. It almost feels like I'm starting over!

I plan on including Both towns and the mountain area, including the library. Some areas, (like the forest areas for example) require less work than others, but please understand it is for this reason that I cannot include all areas in this update.

Lastly, I want to briefly talk about the new combat and enemies. You may have noticed in the corner that your stats are quite high for being HR 1. Well, vampires are naturally stronger than humans. As a vampire, you will lose all of your previous skills and gain new ones in their place. Some of the enemies you will face will come prepared to deal with the undead, so don't think each fight will be effortless! I'll let you know a bit more about these enemies and what you can expect from battles next week!

Also, voting for the next user submitted quest ends tomorrow! Be sure to get your vote in!

Black Onix

Jun 4, 2019
mkrudesign
Yup it will definitely interest me, I hope "evil" will remain in quotation marks ^_^. Eventually not everything is divided into white and black... more gray.
p.s. dress on the heroine gorgeous ;).

Reactions: mkrudesign

mkrudesign

Game Developer
Mar 21, 2019
UPDATE FROM MY PATREON!

Last week I mentioned I would talk more about the battle system in the new vampire route. I've got quite a bit to talk about today, so strap in. Here is the rundown:

Having lost all of your previous skills, you will have access to new "vampire" skills that you have seen used against you in battle. You can use skills such as bite to whittle away a human enemy's health and the bat form to increase evasion at the cost of attack and defense. Naturally, your initial stats are much higher than that of a humans, you will have more effective health regeneration and you will soon have access to dark magic as well. However, as a creature of darkness, you will no longer be able to gain Light Points and you will gain vampire weakness to things such as fire and light. Even as a powerful vampire, you must take caution in battle. No bad ending waits for you, should you fall in battle!

Your primary new enemies will be vampire hunters. They may pose a bit of a challenge, using skills to weaken you, such as silver daggers and fire bombs. Hunters are only interested in slaying their prey and being defeated will result in a game over.

If you can overcome your enemy, you will be presented with a choice: Turn your victim or drain them. This new system will be replacing how bad endings normally work in the vampire route. Choosing to turn your victim, will result in getting the usual lewd scene you would see if you were defeated in battle, only this time they are the ones getting the bad ending! After the scene, the victim will fall unconscious to the floor. After a certain period of time, they will rise again and roam the area where they were defeated as newborn vampire!

Your second option is to instead drain your victim of their blood. This blood-drained husk will eventually rise as well, but as a mindless ghoul instead! Not all of your enemies deserve the honor of being turned into vampires after all!

There are 2 reasons you will want to do this. For one, it will skip the "bad ending" scene, so you won't have to watch the same scene over and over for the same enemy type (unless you want to!) Second, draining a victim of all their blood will reward you with more Experience Points! No longer will you have to hope your enemy drops vampire dust. Blood is now your source of strength and drinking the blood of your foes will make you stronger.

Enemies still do not respawn, but there will be another way for you to gain experience. It's part of another fun new system I am adding to this route. I will tell you about it next week!

;)

Honestly, I still have quite a bit to go for this update. I've focused this week primarily on the art. My goal for this update is to have it released before the end of the year. I'm sure you all know how complicated the end of the year can be with family obligations and such, but I'm aiming for that deadline and I'll be sure to let you know my progress along the way, as usual.

What do you think of this update so far? Let me know what you think of the vampire route and any suggestions or things you would like to see added! See you all next week!

Pic

May 13, 2017
What do you think of this update so far? Let me know what you think of the vampire route and any suggestions or things you would like to see added! See you all next week!
This new route as a vampire is really interesting. The only advice i can think right now is to give some kind of bonus for turning enemies into vampire such as some useful item or skill, even only once for enemy type in order to give some relevance to this option otherwise you will tend to suck all your foes' blood and become more powerful.
Will the game shift totally direction in this vampire route or there will be some update for the normal one and some for this new type ?

StrangeUserName

Oct 16, 2019
I love the concept of the nevv road but I think it vvill be more fun if in the vampire route, vve can choose to play the bad vampire or the vampire vvith her human mind vvho try to discover a method to become human again.

mkrudesign

Game Developer
Mar 21, 2019
Will the game shift totally direction in this vampire route or there will be some update for the normal one and some for this new type ?
This route is a completely separate route. Once you start it, there is no going back.

Black Onix

Jun 4, 2019
Hm... I do not know the whole picture about Crimson Veil, but remembered the plot of the game Vampire: The Masquerade — Redemption. Good game was in 2000 :).

Black Onix

Jun 4, 2019
This route is a completely separate route. Once you start it, there is no going back.
Imho beter if vampire route becom continu of main route.
You know like "Mila vamire hunter, as a human she protect people from monster but now she herself became one of that monster. Which path she will choose, she will feed beast yielding to base instincts or tame it to save part of humanity in herself" or "He who fights against monsters should beware that he himself become a monster."
All the more so because a clever move is chosen, action vamp route takes place in the future. It would also allow smoothly redistribute forces summing up the main route to continuation without tearing to the development of two route at the same time (freezing for a while vampe route at the initial stage).

IncestMommy

Dec 9, 2017
Please, where are the two vampires from Alrune quest. I found grot with great gate, but i can open it. Wheres is the key?

mkrudesign

Game Developer
Mar 21, 2019
Please, where are the two vampires from Alrune quest. I found grot with great gate, but i can open it. Wheres is the key?
In the south edge of the forest maze there is a road that leads to another small grotto in the forest. The two vampires are found there. I'm not sure what you mean by that second part.

IncestMommy

Dec 9, 2017
In the south edge of the forest maze there is a road that leads to another small grotto in the forest. The two vampires are found there. I'm not sure what you mean by that second part.
Sorry, my auto correct is a mess, nothing important, thanks.

mkrudesign

Game Developer
Mar 21, 2019
It is time to share with you all another system that will be added in 2.3's vampire route. During the course of the game, there will be certain characters you will encounter. Resistant though they might be, they are nothing compared to your power as a vampire.

These characters may start off as enemies, but after some conditions are met, you will have the opportunity to dominate them! Once you are in control of these characters, they will become your Personal Pet. Each Pet you gain will give you different benefits. For example, the first Pet you gain will give you access to a store to purchase items! Additionally, you can gain affinity with each of your Pets by chatting with them and training with them!

Training with your Pet has no ill consequences, so train as much as you like! Winning or losing to your Pet will earn you affinity no matter what! However, defeating your Pet will allow you to gain experience points and a greater amount of affinity as well! Train your Pet well and they will level up and become stronger!

Higher level Pets become stronger opponents in training and will provide greater benefits outside of battle as well. Ophelia here starts off with a simple shop as a LV. 1 Pet, but as she grows in level she will add even more useful items to her inventory! Growing your Pet in Level will also let you learn more about them. Each time they gain a level, try having a chat with them. You'll get to learn more about them as a character and gain some affinity as well! It may even lead to further...lewd scenes in the future...
This update will include Ophelia as your first Pet and for now, she will be capped to LV. 2. Progressing through the vampire route's story will unlock further levels for her and the rest of your Pets to progress to. There is one more Pet you can gain at the end of this update. However, the only ones who will be able to tame her will be players who don't bully others...
That's all for this week everyone! Until next week!

izmakiel1988

Sep 18, 2017
Eagerly looking forward to this update. I was wondering if you were ever going to do something like this after the little bit with Vivienne. So now I am happy to see it's a full thing! Can't wait to play around with it! Any rough estimate on when it will be ready?

3.80 star(s) 21 Votes