mkrudesign

Game Developer
Mar 21, 2019
When will you continue with the Non Ded Humie Redhead story?
Also when it comes to design honestly the only one that was bad (no offense) was the one (and i forgot her name) of that girl that has a crush on Mila. The blondie with the barbarian female friend that became a vampire. Her eyes and face in general were really off.
The rest? They are not perfect but have a certain charm about them.
I’m not sure who you’re referring to when you say Non Ded Humie Redhead.

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
Let me know what you think of this new design. Do you think it improves on the original? Is there anything I should fix before I finalize the design?
Hmm. One thing I like less about the new design is how much messier his hair is. Dorian always felt like a classic Dracula reference, emphasizing the idea of Ancient Vampires being more like the old school "refined aristocrat" archetype rather than the "wild and sexy monster" archetype used by most blue-skinned vampires. He was never full-on Bela Lugosi with the slicked back hair, but there was always the sense that he kept it tame, just like he kept his vampiric nature tame.

And I suppose if we're looking at it from that angle, it's probably also true that his hands and wrinkled pants give him a more untamed and less refined appearance as well. It would actually look rather appropriate for if he switched to a second phase in his fight where he "gets serious" or something. "I was trying to be polite. But if you'd like me to tear you limb from limb..."

mkrudesign

Game Developer
Mar 21, 2019
Hmm. One thing I like less about the new design is how much messier his hair is. Dorian always felt like a classic Dracula reference, emphasizing the idea of Ancient Vampires being more like the old school "refined aristocrat" archetype rather than the "wild and sexy monster" archetype used by most blue-skinned vampires. He was never full-on Bela Lugosi with the slicked back hair, but there was always the sense that he kept it tame, just like he kept his vampiric nature tame.

And I suppose if we're looking at it from that angle, it's probably also true that his hands and wrinkled pants give him a more untamed and less refined appearance as well. It would actually look rather appropriate for if he switched to a second phase in his fight where he "gets serious" or something. "I was trying to be polite. But if you'd like me to tear you limb from limb..."
He is meant to be a person who is emotionally troubled, which is primarily where the messy hairstyle comes from. I tried giving him the original hair style, and it didn't really fit when I compared them.

Oct 26, 2017
MKRU being awesome as always. You're probably being told that every week, but...

Keep up the good work, seriously. I'll be really sad when Crimson Veil is finished because you put so much passion into making it and sharing how you do it. ;)

I laughed at the Dorian meme too... Don't ask me how the hell Patreon CDN isn't blocked when Patreon itself is.

Reactions: mkrudesign

bobi121

Aug 1, 2019
MKRU being awesome as always. You're probably being told that every week, but...

Keep up the good work, seriously. I'll be really sad when Crimson Veil is finished because you put so much passion into making it and sharing how you do it. ;)

I laughed at the Dorian meme too... Don't ask me how the hell Patreon CDN isn't blocked when Patreon itself is.
He can always start another project if he feels like it you know. :p

Pink Chaos

Dec 4, 2019
I may go back and add some small quests in future updates, but no promises. The main route is pretty much content complete.
Thanks for the answer, time to play the game again! :) I really like this game, just wanted to wait for the main route to be more or less finished.

3.80 star(s) 21 Votes