mkrudesign

Game Developer
Mar 21, 2019
So I finally caught up on the vampire route, including the new contracts. To be honest, I'm not sure what's the appropriate way to react to Terror of the Seas. I'm so used to writing things that just end up vanishing into the void, it's honestly surreal to be playing a real game and seeing something based on what I wrote. Though I am reminded of a fun fact that I kept forgetting to bring up after seeing the mermaid's name change in the weekly updates. When I originally gave her the name "Anne", she was actually named after a famous lady pirate named Anne Bonny. However, Anne had a partner named Mary Read, who I briefly considered naming Gloria after. So by changing her name to Marryn, intentionally or not, she partially kept the reference intended in her name.

...And on an unrelated note, the game crashes whenever I open the quest log to see the completed version of the Countess in Crimson quest.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
By any chance did you use an older save file before completing the quest that crashes your game? Ive been trying to recreate this glitch on my end and it only happened once, a while ago.

Oct 26, 2017
Countess in Crimson
So Anne Bonny and Mary Read became Gloria, Maryn and Redbeard? Ah well.
And on an unrelated note, the game crashes whenever I open the quest log to see the completed version of the Countess in Crimson quest.
There's a typo in that quest's objective list but this isn't what causes the crash, it's a simple JSON parsing error.

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
By any chance did you use an older save file before completing the quest that crashes your game? Ive been trying to recreate this glitch on my end and it only happened once, a while ago.
Not in the way you're probably referring to (I didn't use one of my older files), but since I hadn't completed chapter 2-V yet, I started from the file at the beginning of that chapter. I played through that chapter up to the final boss, went to grind against enemies in other areas, came back to beat the boss, started and finished Terror of the Seas, and then started and finished Countess in Crimson. After that, opening the finished quest in the log would cause the crash.

Edit: I've included two of my saves so you can check for yourself. I believe 15 is from right before the quest was completed, where checking the log worked normally. 16 is from right after, and checking it in the log causes a crash.

So Anne Bonny and Mary Read became Gloria, Maryn and Redbeard? Ah well.
No, Gloria "Redbeard" still kept her name from my submission. It was just Anne who got changed to Marryn, which made me think, "Heh. Mary works just as well as Anne."

Last edited:

88Michele88

Bloodborn Vampire
Game Developer
Apr 22, 2018
There is no reason not to play the main and canonical route.
Why should I play the main route? Vampires are my favorite and they on first place in my heart. So no thank.

Vampire Route are better then the Main Storyline. I never gonna playing Main Path.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Angry
Reactions: Karl Speidel

texxy

Aug 19, 2017
Played trough and started to wonder, Ashe is Milas mother isn't she?
So, after years finally played trough the main questline, and vampire one, bit of shame how it ends with her, tho now I'm wondering about vampire path. The shadow we see at HQ, couldn't possibly be her, could it? I'd love to get some quality family reunion with her, vampire to vampire.

Oct 26, 2017
No, Gloria "Redbeard" still kept her name from my submission. It was just Anne who got changed to Marryn, which made me think, "Heh. Mary works just as well as Anne."
Ah, I see. Nothing wrong with your save by the way; as I said earlier, it's a trivial JSON parsing issue when running Yanfly's Quest Journal since the quest handler will attempt to parse undefined for rather obvious reasons. If you have the console on, remove the second reward in your savedata since there's only "one". Very likely fixed by now.
So, after years finally played trough the main questline, and vampire one, bit of shame how it ends with her, tho now I'm wondering about vampire path. The shadow we see at HQ, couldn't possibly be her, could it? I'd love to get some quality family reunion with her, vampire to vampire.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Oct 26, 2017
Which route has more Lezdom?
The vampire one, but it currently has less dialogue content - a significant amount of eyecandy though. It unfortunately requires going through one unavoidable DIP (and no, D isn't for Dracul here) hoop unless you "cheat". Then again, I respect Lord Dorian for turning a blind eye on his brides being frisky with each other and not constantly asking if he can put it in Mila (if you tell him off when he offers himself, he respectfully leaves you alone, which is commendable for a wise man with significant influence; in that aspect, he's much more tactful than, say, Dealer, who ironically feels like a better character for me because MKRU built him in quite an astute way).

I recommend playing the main route first, keeping a set of saves until you decide to face "Lord" Dorian, then converging from there. You can technically do Dealer's "Simple Delivery" quest until right before Alexandria Valdrake manifests, as will be reflected in a change of dialogue with Dorian if you are too late and surrendering/getting rekt at this point will give you a Bad End.

I would specify what exactly is involved but F95 seems to be touchy with mentioning/modding code in certain threads for whatever reason. Or this is just me being paranoid, which is very true and far from new.

Edit: Actually, I forgot about the pet system, though that doesn't really count as lesbian domination except for Bianca's WIP path. It's wholesome yuri/GL with some real feels here and there, which is even better here. The option to turn almost every hostile NPC you meet does provide entertaining one-liners (and delicious art; yes, that's meant to be taken literally) though.

Last edited:
Reactions: mkrudesign

Maxh

Jun 19, 2021
The vampire one, but it currently has less dialogue content - a significant amount of eyecandy though. It unfortunately requires going through one unavoidable DIP (and no, D isn't for Dracul here) hoop unless you "cheat". Then again, I respect Lord Dorian for turning a blind eye on his brides being frisky with each other and not constantly asking if he can put it in Mila (if you tell him off when he offers himself, he respectfully leaves you alone, which is commendable for a wise man with significant influence; in that aspect, he's much more tactful than, say, Dealer, who ironically feels like a better character for me because MKRU built him in quite an astute way).

I recommend playing the main route first, keeping a set of saves until you decide to face "Lord" Dorian, then converging from there. You can technically do Dealer's "Simple Delivery" quest until right before Alexandria Vandrake manifests, as will be reflected in a change of dialoge with Dorian if you are too late and surrendering/getting rekt at this point will give you a Bad End.

I would specify what exactly is involved, but F95 seems to be touchy with mentioning/modding code in certain threads for whatever reason. Or this is just me being paranoid, which is very true and far from new.[/ispoiler]
Thanks

mkrudesign

Game Developer
Mar 21, 2019
Just a reminder that there is still time to add your idea as a contract for the vampire route! Be sure to read the rules and submit your idea by Saturday 7/8/23.

Send your idea to: crimsonveilgame@gmail.com

You can read the rules below:

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
So I'm finishing up my next contract submission, but there's still one last question I need answered about the main route's chapters that I still haven't played yet: Have any witches appeared in the game yet? In particular, is Morgan a witch? Based on the image files, it seems like she could be, but I really don't know what her deal is. If there are any rules or precedent for witches in this game, I'd like to be able to adjust my contract submission around them.

mkrudesign

Game Developer
Mar 21, 2019
So I'm finishing up my next contract submission, but there's still one last question I need answered about the main route's chapters that I still haven't played yet: Have any witches appeared in the game yet? In particular, is Morgan a witch? Based on the image files, it seems like she could be, but I really don't know what her deal is. If there are any rules or precedent for witches in this game, I'd like to be able to adjust my contract submission around them.
She’s a necromancer, not really a witch in the traditional sense.

Reactions: Ssato243

davlat

Nov 11, 2022
Where is the Blood Temple location ???, in a cave at the northern end of the Rotten Grove ?? in a rotten grove there are only two ways, there is no cave

Oct 26, 2017
Where is the Blood Temple location ???, in a cave at the northern end of the Rotten Grove ?? in a rotten grove there are only two ways, there is no cave
Remember the bridges? North of the large one (the northmost one), you'll see a cobblestone path with two pillars that read "Keep away all who value their lives (sic)". There's a Gemmare statue right next to the cave entrance, it will automatically be added to the hub when you enter the map (you don't have to tag it).

Reactions: Ssato243 and davlat

davlat

Nov 11, 2022
Remember the bridges? North of the large one (the northmost one), you'll see a cobblestone path with two pillars that read "Keep away all who value their lives (sic)". There's a Gemmare statue right next to the cave entrance, it will automatically be added to the hub when you enter the map (you don't have to tag it).
Thank you i found.

Oct 26, 2017
She looks very nice, MKRU. Sigrun reminds me of an with her appearance.

If only Dark Eden hadn't been some heavily PvP-oriented MMORPG with an almost nonexistent plot and too much trolling between players. I get reminded of it with almost every Crimson Veil weekly update. If I remember correctly, they couldn't be drained (or at least it didn't leave them with latent vampirism). Vampires would also get max HP penalties from silver and holy magic.
Bianca redesign on max pet level
Best Girl gets a redesign. Oh yes ❤
She looks incredibly confident in herself on that sketch. Can't wait.

Last edited:
Reactions: mkrudesign
3.80 star(s) 21 Votes