KingRei

Apr 15, 2018
Is there a lore reason behind why some vampires have blue skin and some have white? In vampire path Mila is pale. In many of the hunter game overs, she is blue.

Every other vampire also seems to fall into this arbitrary colouring scheme. I'm just curious as to how you decide who gets to be what.

Reactions: mkrudesign

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
Ah, a new user contest already. Part of me feels like I should hold back after one of mine just "won", but since it's something that patrons are voting for what they want, I guess I shouldn't look at it as "me" "winning". ...I should definitely get around to actually playing the latest update before submitting anything, though. Having one of my submissions added and then submitting another without having played it is kind of silly.

I definitely won't get around to finishing the main story before then, though, so I should probably ask: Did any witches appear? I saw some images of one character who didn't appear to be a vampire, but I don't know if her deal was witchcraft or something else. The current idea I'm workshopping involves a witch, and I don't want to get caught up in any inconsistencies.

Is there a lore reason behind why some vampires have blue skin and some have white? In vampire path Mila is pale. In many of the hunter game overs, she is blue.
If I'm not mistaken, the white ones are Ancient Vampires, who are more powerful and have more free will compared to lesser vampires. That's why she's white in the fully playable vampire route where she's a master vampire, but the game overs just have her as someone's blue minion.

Last edited:

88Michele88

Bloodborn Vampire
Game Developer
Apr 22, 2018
Loved the Vampire Contracts. Look forward to more. Mila's takeover is super fun.
Much more fun then main story one. She just too kind. Mila is much more powerful then she were as human. Somone gonna call me simp or something but who care I better stick to vampire storyline that is much better when we turned some other mythale creatures in vampire as well. And ther I tought that was impossible to do such thing. I never heard some crature that tun someone else alredy vampire or werwolf into another one I tought it was posible only for human to be turned into othe creatues into another spicie or kind no somone alredy is Vampire or Lycan or Mermaid into other kind. :unsure:

Last edited:

JaszMan

Aug 13, 2018
Is it me or did Mila get the shaft from the King?. I mean he only recognized Mila as Rinaldo's Daughter and let's be real Mila is the best of the Hunters, You'd think The King would hand over control of Nocturna to Mila the rightful heir to Rinaldo. Amber would still be extremely butt hurt and insulted. Amber already had serious issues with Mila that she kept hidden and Daddy issues. Even Samantha recognizes that Mila is the best of the Hunters....that is if you actually do enough contracts of course, but still. I guess it is another reason I like the Vamp route slightly more,since Mila becomes a Mistress to many newborn Vamps. I am Team Mila world Domination. "evil grin"

Reactions: 88Michele88

Fer978

Mar 13, 2021
While I agree that the situation post King takeover is underused (like some other things, like the contracts and their impact on the world at large...), the resolution to the Samantha plotline is, IMO and without spoiling too much, hilarious. One of the better (and alas, a bit rare) moment where gameplay and story telling united extremely well.

mkrudesign

Game Developer
Mar 21, 2019

Every other vampire also seems to fall into this arbitrary colouring scheme. I'm just curious as to how you decide who gets to be what.
Yes! So, only Master Dracul (ancient vampires) and those they directly turn have pale skin/glowing blue eyes and are far more powerful. The origin of vampirism is the Malispheres themselves and have only ever created 2 “pure” vampires (Dorian and Amber). This is why their victims share the same pale skin.

The curse gets diluted from master to victim, so any vampires that are turned beyond the master Dracul directly are lesser vampires, aka the common blue variety. Every other vampire type is descended in some way from the Dracul.

The original reason was that I wanted a there to be a big visual distinction between Mila’s human and vampire form, which is why the first few vampires are blue-skinned. Regular pale skin is a bit too subtle for my taste. But, as the scope of the game grew, I saw an opportunity to create all sort of different kinds of vampires, such as Wights, Nosferatu, and the Dracul.

Last edited:

JaszMan

Aug 13, 2018
Just only 2 for now
The Fact there is a Vampire Route as well as a Hunter Route really enhances the game. Both have great storylines, both have touching moments, now that the Vampire Route has Contracts too just raises the bar even more. The possibilities are endless. Ancient Vamp Mila world domination super fun to watch. She is still Subservient to Dorian but she is still a force to be reckon with. "evil grin"

88Michele88

Bloodborn Vampire
Game Developer
Apr 22, 2018
The Fact there is a Vampire Route as well as a Hunter Route really enhances the game. Both have great storylines, both have touching moments, now that the Vampire Route has Contracts too just raises the bar even more. The possibilities are endless. Ancient Vamp Mila world domination super fun to watch. She is still Subservient to Dorian but she is still a force to be reckon with. "evil grin"
I never gonna finishThe Vampire Hunter Route, it don't exiting me to kill vampire and all non human being. Gohuls who care better them then other vampires. Vampire Mila is much more funto play. it would be cool if the deve would make Milapour blood vampire like Dorian thanks to these Malispheres. It would be cool if the deve turn her into one. If not it would be west to not create a new one and it would also wast that it work only on humans. Imagine how powerfull she could become?

At least I pref vampire path the othr one? Not my thing Hunters, just with Bianca and some other characters spared witch I would gladly sethem in Vampire path.

• Angry
Reactions: Karl Speidel

Karl Speidel

Sep 20, 2021
For now,eventually Mila will be the top dog.

Reactions: JaszMan

Karl Speidel

Sep 20, 2021
I never gonna finishThe Vampire Hunter Route, it don't exiting me to kill vampire and all non human being. Gohuls who care better them then other vampires. Vampire Mila is much more funto play. it would be cool if the deve would make Milapour blood vampire like Dorian thanks to these Malispheres. It would be cool if the deve turn her into one. If not it would be west to not create a new one and it would also wast that it work only on humans. Imagine how powerfull she could become?

At least I pref vampire path the othr one? Not my thing Hunters, just with Bianca and some other characters spared witch I would gladly sethem in Vampire path.
There is no reason not to play the main and canonical route.

• Angry
Reactions: 88Michele88

Fer978

Mar 13, 2021
While I agree that the situation post King takeover is underused (like some other things, like the contracts and their impact on the world at large...), the resolution to the Samantha plotline is, IMO and without spoiling too much, hilarious. One of the better (and alas, a bit rare) moment where gameplay and story telling united extremely well.
To kinda expand on that, I wish Samantha was a bit less "simple" and it could have tied to the King.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Also, the king could have had a portrait, but well... Whatever on that one.

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
So I finally caught up on the vampire route, including the new contracts. To be honest, I'm not sure what's the appropriate way to react to Terror of the Seas. I'm so used to writing things that just end up vanishing into the void, it's honestly surreal to be playing a real game and seeing something based on what I wrote. Though I am reminded of a fun fact that I kept forgetting to bring up after seeing the mermaid's name change in the weekly updates. When I originally gave her the name "Anne", she was actually named after a famous lady pirate named Anne Bonny. However, Anne had a partner named Mary Read, who I briefly considered naming Gloria after. So by changing her name to Marryn, intentionally or not, she partially kept the reference intended in her name.

...And on an unrelated note, the game crashes whenever I open the quest log to see the completed version of the Countess in Crimson quest.

88Michele88

Bloodborn Vampire
Game Developer
Apr 22, 2018
So I finally caught up on the vampire route, including the new contracts. To be honest, I'm not sure what's the appropriate way to react to Terror of the Seas. I'm so used to writing things that just end up vanishing into the void, it's honestly surreal to be playing a real game and seeing something based on what I wrote. Though I am reminded of a fun fact that I kept forgetting to bring up after seeing the mermaid's name change in the weekly updates. When I originally gave her the name "Anne", she was actually named after a famous lady pirate named Anne Bonny. However, Anne had a partner named Mary Read, who I briefly considered naming Gloria after. So by changing her name to Marryn, intentionally or not, she partially kept the reference intended in her name.

...And on an unrelated note, the game crashes whenever I open the quest log to see the completed version of the Countess in Crimson quest.

Just play that oone wihthou open the jurnal quest. I played that way and it gone smoothly. Or depend on which quest you did before.

3.80 star(s) 21 Votes