Others Crisis Point: Extinction [v0.47] [Anon42]

4.60 star(s) 29 Votes

Anon42

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
Is there going to be a public release for v0.31?
Sorry, we don't do public updates for releases anymore - we haven't since v0.13, and we're not going to for the remainder of this game's development, as we don't want to release too much of the game's playable content for free.

That said, we ARE working on a new public demo right now that will have the same amount of content as v0.13 (up to and including the 2nd boss fight), but with all of the new features and polish we've added since then. It's almost a completely different game, if you haven't played it since that version. If you want to play a version with more content than that, though, you'll have to either pledge or pirate.

Anon42

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
Will this game be released on steam when it's finished?
Definitely! Because of the way Steam segregates adult content, the current plan is to release a censored version of Crisis Point onto Steam as a non-adult product, with a free DLC/patch also on Steam to restore all of the sexual content, much like House Party is doing. That way the game will still reach anyone who doesn't like sexual content, but it won't be much extra effort at all to get the full NSFW experience.

Reactions: ejmuerte

Anon42

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
(Copy-paste from our Patreon update today, where v.32 was just released for $10+ Patrons! )

Hey everyone! Sorry I didn't post an update yesterday at the usual time, but I had a busy day and I was so close to finishing the update I wanted to just hold off until I could. Now, though, v.32 is officially finished and available for download! As always, I'll be posting the download link to $10+ Patrons after this post, so that the update information can be public, as well as messaging the link to anyone who pledged at the $10 tier or higher during the development of v.32. Let's get into it, shall we?

v.32 MAJOR CHANGES
-New, updated CG artwork added for Warped Soldier CG scene
-Difficulty selection added when starting a New Game (Easy, Normal, Hard)
-Handful of secrets/challenge rooms added around the game, with more to come in the future
-3 blaster chip types added (Auto Shot, Seeker Shot, Siphon Shot)
-8 new environmental conversations added, bringing the total up to 11
-Some rooms in the Caves and Summit have been updated with new level design
-Options menu can now be accessed from the main menu, allowing the player to change their settings BEFORE playing
-Unique animations added in various cutscenes to make characters feel more alive during them

That's all of the biggest changes that happened in this update; as always, the minor stuff will be listed at the end of this post. Right now, I'm extremely focused on trying to finish The Great Rework, so I apologize for the lack of new content in this update and the next one. My main goal right now is pushing to get new content back on the menu, and to try and get a public demo out so that we can hopefully get our Patreon numbers up and Orexius can start working on CPE full time. I cannot stress how much of an increase it would be in our general productivity; since we live close to each other, whenever he has a day off we can meet up and work together in person, which is when we stream together. That's why we only stream twice a week, since he has his dayjob every other day, but streams are when our productivity is at its highest, so being able to stream together almost every day would be nuts. Enough about that though, let's move on to our goals for v.33 shall we?

UPDATE v.33 GOALS
-Finish The Great Rework™
-Implement more challenge rooms and secret collectibles around the game
-Add in more environmental dialogues
-Continue reworking older H-scenes, possibly add new H-scenes
-Finish reworking and updating older CG artwork
-Rework the level design of earlier areas where necessary to make exploration more interesting and difficult
-Prepare a new public demo with about the same amount of content as v.13 (ending after the 2nd boss)

As you can see this next update looks a lot like the previous one. The main reason for that is that I really want to focus a few of these things down, like hiding secrets around the game, adding more conversations, and generally just polishing up that early chunk of the game to a radiant shine in preparation for a public demo. Ideally, after this update, I want the beginning chunk of the game to be at a point where I never have to touch it again, or at least where future changes will be pretty minor in comparison, which is why one of the goals this update is to FINISH The Great Rework™. Not to say we're going to be done reworking things forever, that's just not how game development works, but I want to get a healthier balance of reworking things and creating new content after this.

There probably won't be any streams this week, just so everyone knows - I'm going to be taking a short break to enjoy my birthday week, and plan things on the sidelines before diving into v.33 development. Starting next week, I'm going to be trying to stream at least twice a week, whether or not Orexius is available (though hopefully he will be now that he's done with his IRL stuff).

Until then, thank you all so much for your endless generosity and support. Crisis Point is finally back on track and I cannot wait to start making real forward momentum again, I haven't been this excited for our future in a long time. Thanks so much for sticking with us, everybody - can't wait to show you what the future of CPE holds!
-A42

UPDATE v.32 MINOR CHANGES
-Audio levels now load properly based on your previous session when you load into the game
-Boss 2's Tar Rain sound has been made quieter
-Fixed a handful of minor bugs that caused music volume to be inconsistent after/during certain events
-Fixed a bug causing audio levels to max out again irrespective of the player's audio settings after an environmental conversation played
-Certain environmental dialogues (specifically ones that are very limited, like boss fight dialogues) now cancel other dialogues if they're active when the higher-priority dialogue tries to start
-Fixed a bug where environmental dialogue ending would remove a buffered Jump input, causing extremely rare situations of the game "eating" your jumps
-Player can now no longer make the 2nd boss shrink faster by continuing to shoot him after he starts his death animation
-Boss 2 could not die during the Tar Rain phase; this has been fixed
-Environmental dialogues can no longer activate in the middle of boss fights (unless they're specifically for that boss)
-Fixed issue where non-piercing bullets could sometimes hit Boss 2's eye multiple times in one shot
-Implemented rough stagger animations for each enemy that can be staggered, so they're no longer plain hitboxes when staggering
-Dashing under a low ceiling no longer causes the player's head to become visually stuck in the ceiling, and instead forces Alicia into a crouch as expected
-Boss 2's arena in the Summit now connects to the map properly
-Major cutscenes are now skippable by holding the Pause or Escape keys
-Fixed a minor bug where Alicia's vertical speed continued for 1 frame after the player dashes, rather than stopping instantly
-Enemies should no longer be able to catch on fire during an H-scene, so H-scene Flare Shot crashes should no longer happen
-Walking into the shortcut room from the Summit to Caves, even from the wrong end, automatically moved the pillar blocking the shortcut. Now it must be moved properly.
-Added some text to Birch after the first boss fight, to clarify that the player should explore more using the Force Shot despite Birch telling Alicia to come back to camp
-Masturbating while under a low ceiling no longer causes Alicia to stand up, which allowed you to walk and jump, the latter of which would get you stuck in the ceiling, softlocking the game
-Changed colors used in the game's map and minimap to better represent the areas' color schemes
-Fixed an issue where, if the player stayed in a room with a dialogue trigger until the dialogue was finished, then touched the dialogue trigger again, game audio would permanently dim as if dialogue was playing despite no dialogue being present
-Doors no longer play their "opening" sound effect multiple times if hit by multiple bullets in the same frame
-New visuals added to destructible environment blocks, instead of having slightly different colored versions of normal blocks
-Swapped the locations of a Skill Piece and Health Upgrade Piece, to make at least 1 Skill Point obtainable before fighting the first boss
-Moved/removed/added several Skill Pieces, Health Upgrade Pieces, and other upgrades around the game
-Added proper visuals and sound effect for Boss 2's tarbeam attack
-Numerous sound effects added around the game
-Raised minimum and maximum damage of Charge Shot (min from 0.5 to 0.75, max from 2.5x to 3x (charge time is the same))
-Fixed numerous instances of misplaced or missized collision boxes in the Catacombs that lead to things such as bone platforms being larger than they appear, or dashing against ceiling slopes causing you to stop moving
-Attempted fix for crash during Boss 2, haven't been able to replicate said crash so not sure if it fixed or not
-Fixed bug with Boss 2 where the laser beam would sometimes hit Alicia if she was standing on the ground, even if it didn't visually touch her
-Fixed minor visual bug in the Status menu
-Fixed some lingering issues with the Debug menu's HP changing options
-Fixed bug where arrows in Debug menu were not lighting up when that menu option was selected
-Fixed bug where certain menus would still allow you to move up and/or down after selecting a menu option that should hold the cursor in place

Anon42

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
well it looks like we're not getting free stuff anymore. oh well it was good while it lasted
I've said it before and I'll say it again, I have NO problems with people uploading pirated copies of the game here. I have no intention of stopping it, and no intention of punishing/banning anyone that does upload Patreon-exclusive content here, even if I know who they are on Patreon. Hell, even if they're one of my top supporters, I don't care.

Reactions: dbdevil

Chaotikheart

Jun 5, 2017
So if you've donated $10 on patreon you're getting the finished product when it's done right? Or was it just a download of that month you donated only? In other words, would I have to have donated $10 on the final month of production?

Also I have the 0.31 version and none of the critters do the H-scene when defeated, it's like the sprite scenes are missing and they just knock her around even with the mature setting set on in options.

Also love the work you've done so far and look forward to what comes.

Last edited:

Anon42

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
So if you've donated $10 on patreon you're getting the finished product when it's done right? Or was it just a download of that month you donated only? In other words, would I have to have donated $10 on the final month of production?

Also I have the 0.31 version and none of the critters do the H-scene when defeated, it's like the sprite scenes are missing and they just knock her around even with the mature setting set on in options.

Also love the work you've done so far and look forward to what comes.
Correct, pledging $10 gets you the latest version of the beta and a copy of the final game. You'll need to keep pledging $10+ to keep getting playable updates as the game is in development, but you'll get the final version whether you continue or not.

As for the H-scenes, due to Patreon banning non-con, enemies don't H you automatically anymore, but if you hold H (or click in the left stick on a gamepad) near them to masturbate, they'll come towards Alicia and trigger an H-scene.

Anon42

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
(Copy-paste from our If you like what you see, Also, my sincerest apologies for not updating this topic for last week's development update - I tried posting several times, but I couldn't get any images to upload or embed, it was giving me errors every time I tried. If you missed last week's update post, )

Hey everyone, time for another CPE weekly development update! Before I get started, I want to apologize again for not doing any streams this week. Work on the update has been going extremely well, better than most updates to be honest, but I just haven't really been up for streaming due to a bit of a mental funk I've been in. Luckily I'm learning how to deal with it enough so it's not affecting my work much anymore, but yeah, cards on the table, that's why. I'll try to stream this week if I'm feeling more up to it, but no promises. Enough about that though, let's get to the update!

Enemy capture warp.gif
First off, we have the gif up above, showing off the new special effect that plays when you capture an enemy. That animation only plays for each enemy the first time you defeat them, and only after your blaster has been upgraded to allow capturing enemies. The same special effect will be used when Alicia warps between save points as well, though that hasn't been implemented just yet. The gif's quality is a bit lacking, so you can't really see the particles that come off at the end, so if you want to see it in better quality, you can check that out here:

Movement tutorial.gif
Next up we have tutorials! There are a few places in Crisis Point where new players have gotten rather confused - namely, how to activate H-scenes, and how to proceed through tight corridors by sliding. Many players were unaware that sliding even existed, and so were unable to proceed past the very early parts of the game. I thought long and hard about how to fix this - I've tried to make tutorials in Crisis Point as organic as possible, mostly by trapping the player in a room with their new upgrade with the only way out being to actually USE that upgrade - but in the end I decided to implement a few tutorials like the one you see up above, and this one as well.
Shooting tutorial.gif
As much as I'm not a fan of blatant, inorganic tutorials like these, I decided implementing just a few of them would be the least intrusive way to arm players with the full knowledge of their moveset. There will be a menu toggle to turn these off if you don't want to see them, but performing the listed actions will make them disappear right away, hopefully giving players enough info to be able to figure the rest out on their own. (In some cases the prompts will be accompanied by text, when it's not as obvious what they're for.) High quality versions of those gifs can be found here:

Tentacle death.gif
Edovex death.gif
Next up is the death animations for the Tentacles and Edovex enemies! As anyone who's played the game knows, the vast majority of enemies don't have death animations in Crisis Point yet. This update will be adding several, mostly focused around the early-game enemies to prepare for the public update. These were two of the simplest ones, and I do still want to add a bit more to the Edovex's animation, but I hope you'll agree it makes defeating enemies a lot more satisfying. High quality versions of the animations can be seen here:

Screen_130.png
Last of all, a quick screenshot to show the new setup for the CG viewer. In previous versions, there were some ??? entries in the CG viewer that couldn't be unlocked in any way, which lead to a lot of confusion. My apologies for that, first of all - it's easy to forget that players don't have access to the same knowledge of the game that I do as the developer, so I failed to realize it would be confusing. In an effort to fix it, I removed the unobtainable question mark entries and made it so you can now access the boss fight H-scenes through the CG viewer. At the moment, the boss fights are not CGs, just sprite animations, as I've been having difficulty deciding exactly how I want to incorporate CGs into their scenes, but now you can access these scenes as many times as you want, and losing to bosses no longer shows the H-scene, keeping in line with the rest of the H-scene changes in Crisis Point.

Alrighty, that's all of the major things this week! There were a small handful of bugs fixed as usual, and some more work done on the fonts used in the game (we have a new "small" font now that looks a lot cleaner). Orex has been working on more cutscene animations for the game, after which he'll be working on death animations for the humanoid enemies. He's been streaming without me occasionally, so if you want to follow him on Picarto to catch his streams, you can check him out here:

That's all for me this week, everybody. Thanks so much to both our old supporters, and all of the new ones coming in recently! You guys are the reason this game is happening, and I sincerely cannot thank you enough. See you next update!
-A42

Last edited:

dw9000

Nov 27, 2017
As for the H-scenes, due to Patreon banning non-con, enemies don't H you automatically anymore, but if you hold H (or click in the left stick on a gamepad) near them to masturbate, they'll come towards Alicia and trigger an H-scene.
Can you just setup a toggle function in options to auto trigger when enabled? or a patch file like so many other games have that remove the censorship? (steam now allows nudity games it looks like as well without the patches)

Reactions: fluttershy25

Anon42

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
Can you just setup a toggle function in options to auto trigger when enabled? or a patch file like so many other games have that remove the censorship? (steam now allows nudity games it looks like as well without the patches)
Nope. The only real censorship in Crisis Point is the removal of the Hellhounds, and we've already discussed in this topic why they aren't coming back (tl;dr re-adding them could easily jeapordize my future with Patreon) - the change to make H-scenes consensual was technically caused by Patreon's ToS, yes, but it's something I already wanted to do anyway. I sincerely hate mechanics that force you to lose against enemies to see H-scenes, it breaks the flow of gameplay because every time you run into a new enemy, the majority of players will allow themselves to be beaten up/killed to see it. The only reason CPE used those mechanics originally was because that's how basically all other H-game developers did things, and at the time I was just following their lead - after getting into development though I realized I hated it, and I already wanted to change the mechanic before Patreon's ToS changed, I just wasn't going to take up more development time to do it until Patreon forced my hand. Again, it was a change I was happy to make, and in my case I don't really consider it censorship because of that; no content was removed, just the way you access it was changed, and I have no interest whatsoever in adding it back even if I could be 100% positive it wouldn't hurt my relationship with Patreon.

Anon42

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
Will the game be $10 on its release to steam?
My current plans are to release the game at a $15 pricepoint, except for places like DLsite that take an absurdly high portion of profits, where the price will probably be raised to $20.

Anon42

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
(Copy-paste from our If you like what you see, )

Hey everyone, time for another Crisis Point: Extinction weekly development update! I don't have nearly as much to share visually this week, I'm afraid to say - in general the visual side of things is going to be slower for the rest of this update now, since we ended up getting a lot of that done earlier in the update cycle, leaving mostly behind-the-scenes work for the rest of it. That said, there's still definitely some visuals to show off, so let's get started!

InfantileFakeAnkolewatusi-size_restricted.gif
Screen_135.png
First off is the human encampment in the Caves, seen up above! (I included a gif so you could see some of the background animations and a still image so you could see it all in higher quality - the gif did some exceptionally strange things to colors this time around..) All of the assets there are still subject to change, but we felt like it was about time for the camp to actually feel like a camp, not just some random room everyone happens to hang out in. And now Rod's line about there being air filtration at the camp makes a bit more sense, huh? Particularly keen-eyed viewers might even see some improvements in the Caves tileset. You can see the camp scene gif in higher quality here:

QuickThunderousGreatargus-size_restricted.gif
Next up is a save point animation. I'm still considering doing something fancier with this animation, but one thing I want to avoid is locking the player in a lengthy animation every time they want to save - some games do that sort of thing and I've always found it to be rather annoying, so for now I'm just sticking with some special effects that don't lock Alicia in place, you can save and then keep moving immediately, but at least now there's some more feedback when you save your game so it doesn't look so plain. You can see this animation in higher quality here:

Verreda.png
Lastly on the visual side, we have the first shot of a new minor NPC that will be coming to Crisis Point.. eventually! She's still a tad on the unfinished side (she's still using Alicia's standing pose for one, but she'll be getting her own eventually), but I love her design too much to wait before showing her off. Before you get too excited, she WILL NOT be in this update - I have plans for NPCs that will unfortunately take longer to pull off than what we have time for right now, so her full inclusion in the game will have to wait, but hopefully a quick tease will get you excited to meet her good 'n proper later on.

That's all we have to show off visually for this update, sorry it's not quite as exciting as last week's. Aside from that, I spent most of this week working on retiling rooms in the Summit (we WILL be rid of the old Summit tiles by the end of this update, I swear it), fixing up various bugs, polishing the game all over, and writing dialogue. Orexius finished up some work on a few cutscene animations, and has since moved on to working on death animations for the Sentry and Soldier enemies to try and polish up the enemies that will be available in the public demo.

Development of this update is going absolutely fabulously, and I can't wait to get it in everyone's hands! As always, thank you all so, so much for supporting CP:E's development - we wouldn't be here doing this if it wasn't for all of you. If ya stuck through the entire post, thank you so much for reading - we'll see you in the next update!
-A42

lKiyanl

Oct 23, 2017
Anyone feel like updating the game to the latest for the ones thats poor AF and cant afford $10 cuz converted to my country money its like $50

Reactions: Unraveledport
4.60 star(s) 29 Votes