Others Crisis Point: Extinction [v0.47] [Anon42]

4.60 star(s) 29 Votes

gemini20xx

Oct 17, 2017
Hey there, does anyone know how to get this upgrade? It just seems impossible to jump upward from down there. The wall jump doesn't work either.
I'm thinking that its just set up for a later upgrade that lets you move freely underwater. I remember trying for a while and getting nowhere.

HardcoreCuddler

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
Thanks, good to know.
afaik that upgrade doesn't allow you to move freely it's instead a sort of go anywhere that's at your height level as long as there's nothing in the way and you don't get hit kinda thing. That is how you get there though, you need the upgrade

Uzur123

Jan 23, 2020
Hey there, does anyone know how to get this upgrade? It just seems impossible to jump upward from down there. The wall jump doesn't work either.
with the help of octopuses, preferably 2 octopuses, because one of them will die in the process of "rise". I also recommend slowing down the speed of the game. The point is that you jump and dive down on the octopus with a combat technique, from which you are thrown higher, then the octopus also rises (chases you) and repeat the technique. And so on until you get up.

Reactions: Shiver999

HardcoreCuddler

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
Christ y'all are acting like this is dark souls.
If you're having trouble use the lowest difficulty and stop fucking whining, the controls are fine.
It's literaly dogshit easy on story, and as long as there's a difficulty that's not too hard there's no reason to complain about the freaking controls EVERY time I open this thread.
Grow a set of limbs, for God's sake.
edit: y'all heroes without proper limbs get a pass, bless your hearts

Last edited:

Anon42

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
Just a quick question, does the developer have a linux version of the game ?

I want to see if I can get it working on an anbernic device I have.
We don't have any non-windows builds at the moment. But I'm interested in looking into them near the end of development. I want to support the Steam Deck at least, so a Linux build is something I'll be looking into later on.

Ayanami251379

Jun 18, 2017
We don't have any non-windows builds at the moment. But I'm interested in looking into them near the end of development. I want to support the Steam Deck at least, so a Linux build is something I'll be looking into later on.
Thank you for the feedback.

For my purpose on this query it would be a long shot though. It would be interesting to play Crisis Point on emulation hardware.

Reactions: Beats9821

Lone Warrior

Sep 22, 2018
Hi guys,

I've been silently following this game over the years...

About the mouse controls it makes hard for me to play the game because of logistics. Consider this, I have a desktop connect to a tv (not a monitor on a desk) so I have a wireless keyboard/mouse with me on couch and not a good position to use a mouse. Surely I can use the pc to surf on the web, whach youtube and read posts at foruns but to play with mouse its not possible, beside that I'm lefthanded which makes it even more complicated beause of "wasd" pattern (which is the best for fps games). Use the mouse for a long on this possition is literally painful, and I really like the exploration aspect of this game, I aways start over from scrath on this one...

I know that it's all my problem and I'm not saying to undo all the work done on mouse mechanics what I'm suggesting is to turn it a feature that can be turn on and off...

Regards...

ilmncsm

Apr 10, 2018
I know that it's all my problem and I'm not saying to undo all the work done on mouse mechanics what I'm suggesting is to turn it a feature that can be turn on and off...
The trouble there is, it's not going to be as simple as turning the controls on and off. The game from this point onwards is going to be designed and balanced around the assumption that you can aim in any direction that you want with ease. So enemies could be positioned and attack in ways that require aiming abilities that the old system likely would have extreme difficulty targeting.

Lone Warrior

Sep 22, 2018
The trouble there is, it's not going to be as simple as turning the controls on and off. The game from this point onwards is going to be designed and balanced around the assumption that you can aim in any direction that you want with ease. So enemies could be positioned and attack in ways that require aiming abilities that the old system likely would have extreme difficulty targeting.
So you're basically saying that it'll has extra difficult, well I'm in... :)

Think about some features such as "auto-dash at jump peak/always jump at max height" and think what makes more sense...

I feel more comfortible on playing with keyboard only, but if it goes with mouse/keyboard then I'll not be able to play anytime soon and many other can endup dropping it entirely so...

As a developer myself (not a game developer) I think the dev should do what it wants and the costumers should deal with it, but it is wise to take others opnion in account while still in development stage... =)

Finally I'd say that the feature "toogle blaster" would feel better if it was like mega man x's "auto fire". The way it is now you press the button then Alicia turn on non-stopping fire and you has to press again to turn it off, it feels like mobile games that does basic actions fully automatic and amost plays the game for you, it would feel better if it was fired while the button is pressed and stopped as it is released...

Again I'm not asking the dev to take out mouse feature, I'm asking him to make the controls enjoyble to me too the way it was before and if he isn't willing to do then its fine too. It's not a complain just a opnion based on my current setup... ;)

Regards...

Hargan2

Nov 27, 2017
it would feel better if it was fired while the button is pressed and stopped as it is released...
Then it both wouldn't be a toggle, defeating the purpose of the option, and it would make the rapid trigger completely redundant. If you want auto fire, just use the already existing rapid trigger that does exactly that

Vidisson

Jun 1, 2023
i found a room that you can get stuck in.
after you get the downward slam attack, go left from the crash site and platform your way up to a room with tentacles...like a bunch of them.
if you are like me and good at platforming, you might try to smash attack the tentacles while right on the edge of the little ledge in there, which will give you the little extra height you need to grab the ledge.
up in there is a room with a slope you cannot climb, and a ledge too high to grab with your current upgrades....save before replicating.
I've found a way to not worry about it. If you time your jumps properly against the slope to the east of that area, you'll be able to jump up the slope, use a dash for extra effect. Then jump to the left when you're high enough, then you'll see a grapplable thingamajig. From there you're free to continue exploring.

P.S. Between you and me, there's a certain something there that can help you get out of the area itself ;)

Vega Cifer

Oct 3, 2022
Oh woah, 0.46 looks way different than 0.45 in some aspects. Always liked this game, hope to see more updates of it. What is new in this?

Last edited:

Kruggov

Jun 8, 2020
Oh woah, 0.46 looks way different than 0.45 in some aspects. Always liked this game, hope to see more updates of it. What is new in this?
New keyboars + mouse/twin stick control scheme, new UI (menus), and some graphical changes. No new story though.
This is mostly an "under the hood" update, but thanks to new control scheme it plays much differently.

Reactions: bobbysange9

Duskyer

Jul 21, 2017
Really good so far. Only quirk I'd say I don't like is slow water movement. You could argue realism. I'd argue the game suffers from it. And if you die after trekking a long way? Gotta traverse the waters all over again very slowly. NO game has ever benefited from slow water movement.

Reactions: HGamingKen

Tameh678

May 3, 2020
Does anyone have the cheat engine table for v0.46.4 version instead of the v0.46.5?

Last edited:
4.60 star(s) 29 Votes