Others Crisis Point: Extinction [v0.47] [Anon42]

4.60 star(s) 29 Votes
Jul 28, 2018
What's new?
The changelog posts are all public in their Patreon. Here's a compilation:

• Fixed a crash that occurs when enemies in the Summit are hit by environmental traps.

• Fixed a crash when the player tries to melee the Curse Orb in the Catacombs.
  • Fixed a crash that would occur when using a Hoverjets Dash into the red door in the Summit.
  • Fixed an issue where the Kertalus would zoom off at high speed if hit by a melee attack while stationary.
  • Removed the horizontal push on enemies when hitting them with a Weighted Boots slam, to make slam platforming tricks a little easier.
  • Fixed an issue where the right analog stick on the Map screen was not properly affected by deadzones, making it way too sensitive on some controllers.
  • Fixed an issue where the Blazing Torrent upgrade for the Flare Strike would recharge while in the menu.
  • Fixed an issue where the Toggle Blaster accessibility setting was not working.

• Attempted a fix for Alicia's shooting arm getting stuck in a direction in very specific circumstances, when using the Wire Shot.
  • Fixed an issue where Alicia could aim (but not shoot) with her gun when using a gamepad, before actually picking up the gun.
  • Fixed an issue where the game would crash when trying to use the Charge Trigger.
  • Fixed an issue where the Boom Shot shot type was firing roughly half as slow as it should be.
  • Improved the sound effect for the Boom Shot shot type slightly.
  • Fixed an issue where gamepads were not being auto-detected on startup, causing the player to have to manually select a gamepad every time. Note that this will only select the first available gamepad, so if multiple gamepads are plugged in, the game may not automatically pick the gamepad you wish to use, and you'll still need to manually change the selected gamepad.
  • Fixed an issue where, on gamepad, the Right Stick specifically needed to be pressed in a direction to make the game switch from mouse to gamepad aiming, even if Left Stick aiming was turned on.
  • Fixed an issue where entering a cutscene while crouching (or sliding) and using the Aim button, would cause Alicia to constantly try and crouch for the duration of the cutscene, causing a wide variety of animation issues.
  • Fixed an issue where pressing Escape while clearing a keybind would still clear the keybind, instead of canceling like the text says it should.
Additionally, there was some confusion from players with old save files - because of how much the gameplay has changed in v0.46, the default controls for both kb/m and gamepad were changed dramatically, but for players with save files from previous versions of the game, your old controls would still be loaded in, which would lead to things like K being jump instead of Spacebar. Due to that confusion, I've made two changes:
  • Added a check upon starting the game that looks at your controls, and if they seem to be from an older version, prompts you to reset them to the new defaults. This check will only ever appear once, and you can say no, so if you've already customized your controls, you don't have to worry about the game undoing your changes - just say no to the prompt, and it won't bother you more than once.
  • Added an option in the Controls menu to manually reset your controls to default.

• Fixed Wire Shot getting stuck firing straight upward in some cases, preventing progression.
  • Fixed volume sliders playing sound effects constantly when clicking+dragging with a mouse.
  • Fixed an issue where changed options would not save between sessions, but only if they were changed from the main menu - changing options during gameplay worked fine.

• Complete gameplay overhaul; aiming the blaster is now handled with the mouse (or right analog stick, on gamepads), and Alicia can aim freely in ANY direction, rather than being locked to 8 angles. This also means that aiming and movement are now completely seperate, and you can move in one direction while shooting behind you, instead of always shooting forward - shooting backwards will make Alicia move a bit slower than normal, but if you stop shooting for a brief period she'll go back to moving full speed.
  • The size of the game window has been increased from 640x480 to 960x540, giving you WAY more visible screen space. Please note that some levels in the game were designed at a size of 640x480; because of that, rooms that are too small to fill the full screen space will have black borders on the edges. Additionally, many of the game's cutscenes have minor visual errors, such as characters appearing/disappearing near the edges of the screen; this will be fixed in the near future.
  • The lighting engine has been reworked from the ground up, and now supports animated lights, colored lighting, and a variety of lighting shapes. More work will be done with the lighting in the future to take advantage of all these new features.
  • Due to the screen size being increased, all of the menus and UI have been reworked completely to take advantage of the extra space. Please note that the cutscene gallery from the main menu, and the ingame Database menu, are not implemented yet; because they don't contain any gameplay-crucial functions, we decided to hold off on them a little longer to get this update out sooner. They will be readded by the next major update, if not sooner.
  • A new BE H-scene was added to the Poison Alraune, which can be accessed both during gameplay and from the ingame gallery. Additionally, the BE Vines injection animation has been redone and majorly upgraded, the normal Slime Duo H-scene has been improved, and xrays have been added to all Slime H-scenes.
So those are the major bullet points. In addition to all that, there's definitely some more stuff that was added or improved in this update, but to be honest I'm not entirely sure what they are - this update was in development for so long, and because I was grappling with my mental health issues during it, I didn't keep a very thorough record of changes. There is no new additional story content, though, so I HIGHLY recommend starting a new playthrough with this update! The changes are so dramatic that Crisis Point feels like a brand new game, and I really hope you guys enjoy these updates as much as I do.

Mackoo

Sep 29, 2021
Idk if this is a bug or not but the last top room where you get crystal cannon/debug menu after save and loading the save the debug menu is hidden and needs to be activated for each time save is loaded

Poggersq

May 2, 2022
also: if in the cg, the endovex makes you lay eggs, should you have sex with them, shouldn't that mirror the game as well?

9onightmares

Mar 10, 2021
I have been to every area of the map, but the area labled ??? is the only place i haven't visited, how do you get there. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

johnsmith001

Aug 10, 2018
The changelog posts are all public in their Patreon. Here's a compilation:

• Fixed a crash that occurs when enemies in the Summit are hit by environmental traps.

• Fixed a crash when the player tries to melee the Curse Orb in the Catacombs.
  • Fixed a crash that would occur when using a Hoverjets Dash into the red door in the Summit.
  • Fixed an issue where the Kertalus would zoom off at high speed if hit by a melee attack while stationary.
  • Removed the horizontal push on enemies when hitting them with a Weighted Boots slam, to make slam platforming tricks a little easier.
  • Fixed an issue where the right analog stick on the Map screen was not properly affected by deadzones, making it way too sensitive on some controllers.
  • Fixed an issue where the Blazing Torrent upgrade for the Flare Strike would recharge while in the menu.
  • Fixed an issue where the Toggle Blaster accessibility setting was not working.

• Attempted a fix for Alicia's shooting arm getting stuck in a direction in very specific circumstances, when using the Wire Shot.
  • Fixed an issue where Alicia could aim (but not shoot) with her gun when using a gamepad, before actually picking up the gun.
  • Fixed an issue where the game would crash when trying to use the Charge Trigger.
  • Fixed an issue where the Boom Shot shot type was firing roughly half as slow as it should be.
  • Improved the sound effect for the Boom Shot shot type slightly.
  • Fixed an issue where gamepads were not being auto-detected on startup, causing the player to have to manually select a gamepad every time. Note that this will only select the first available gamepad, so if multiple gamepads are plugged in, the game may not automatically pick the gamepad you wish to use, and you'll still need to manually change the selected gamepad.
  • Fixed an issue where, on gamepad, the Right Stick specifically needed to be pressed in a direction to make the game switch from mouse to gamepad aiming, even if Left Stick aiming was turned on.
  • Fixed an issue where entering a cutscene while crouching (or sliding) and using the Aim button, would cause Alicia to constantly try and crouch for the duration of the cutscene, causing a wide variety of animation issues.
  • Fixed an issue where pressing Escape while clearing a keybind would still clear the keybind, instead of canceling like the text says it should.
Additionally, there was some confusion from players with old save files - because of how much the gameplay has changed in v0.46, the default controls for both kb/m and gamepad were changed dramatically, but for players with save files from previous versions of the game, your old controls would still be loaded in, which would lead to things like K being jump instead of Spacebar. Due to that confusion, I've made two changes:
  • Added a check upon starting the game that looks at your controls, and if they seem to be from an older version, prompts you to reset them to the new defaults. This check will only ever appear once, and you can say no, so if you've already customized your controls, you don't have to worry about the game undoing your changes - just say no to the prompt, and it won't bother you more than once.
  • Added an option in the Controls menu to manually reset your controls to default.

• Fixed Wire Shot getting stuck firing straight upward in some cases, preventing progression.
  • Fixed volume sliders playing sound effects constantly when clicking+dragging with a mouse.
  • Fixed an issue where changed options would not save between sessions, but only if they were changed from the main menu - changing options during gameplay worked fine.

• Complete gameplay overhaul; aiming the blaster is now handled with the mouse (or right analog stick, on gamepads), and Alicia can aim freely in ANY direction, rather than being locked to 8 angles. This also means that aiming and movement are now completely seperate, and you can move in one direction while shooting behind you, instead of always shooting forward - shooting backwards will make Alicia move a bit slower than normal, but if you stop shooting for a brief period she'll go back to moving full speed.
  • The size of the game window has been increased from 640x480 to 960x540, giving you WAY more visible screen space. Please note that some levels in the game were designed at a size of 640x480; because of that, rooms that are too small to fill the full screen space will have black borders on the edges. Additionally, many of the game's cutscenes have minor visual errors, such as characters appearing/disappearing near the edges of the screen; this will be fixed in the near future.
  • The lighting engine has been reworked from the ground up, and now supports animated lights, colored lighting, and a variety of lighting shapes. More work will be done with the lighting in the future to take advantage of all these new features.
  • Due to the screen size being increased, all of the menus and UI have been reworked completely to take advantage of the extra space. Please note that the cutscene gallery from the main menu, and the ingame Database menu, are not implemented yet; because they don't contain any gameplay-crucial functions, we decided to hold off on them a little longer to get this update out sooner. They will be readded by the next major update, if not sooner.
  • A new BE H-scene was added to the Poison Alraune, which can be accessed both during gameplay and from the ingame gallery. Additionally, the BE Vines injection animation has been redone and majorly upgraded, the normal Slime Duo H-scene has been improved, and xrays have been added to all Slime H-scenes.
So those are the major bullet points. In addition to all that, there's definitely some more stuff that was added or improved in this update, but to be honest I'm not entirely sure what they are - this update was in development for so long, and because I was grappling with my mental health issues during it, I didn't keep a very thorough record of changes. There is no new additional story content, though, so I HIGHLY recommend starting a new playthrough with this update! The changes are so dramatic that Crisis Point feels like a brand new game, and I really hope you guys enjoy these updates as much as I do.
Can I have the old aiming system as an option?

Susan Xandera

Jul 13, 2017
I just have to ask. Why?
The new aiming system is so much better, especially for KBM. I remember having trouble with tar boss and Kara because I was not able to reliably aim at them, when I played this version I was able to deal with both easily.
Here's a common sense answer: People have preferences for the things they like.

4.60 star(s) 29 Votes