Others Crisis Point: Extinction [v0.47] [Anon42]

4.60 star(s) 29 Votes

Rafss

Mar 27, 2018
What do you do after getting the grappling hook? I swear I have checked every area that leads to an unexplored zone but they are all blocked off and I can't find anywhere else to go.

Reactions: cherenique

f9account

Engaged Member
Mar 20, 2020
Sorry, not yet. When you make a steam page it's REALLY important that everything is perfect from day 1, because of the way the Steam algorithm works, or else you risk ruining your chances of Steam showing the game to people, and with how huge Steam is that's a really important factor. I can't just throw up a Steam page suddenly like that without ruining our chances at having a successful release. I'll definitely make an announcement when we make the page, though.
Could you please elaborate on the "chances of Steam showing the game to people?"

ilmncsm

Apr 10, 2018
Could you please elaborate on the "chances of Steam showing the game to people?"
Also I'm pretty sure that the way the algorithm works if it doesn't get a certain number of wishlists or purchases fairly quickly after being created, it basically falls off the priority of ever being shown to someone unless they specifically search for it. If you search for certain tags for example, it's not just a highest percentage of positive reviews at the top, lowest at the bottom, it also accounts for the total number of people who have bought and wishlist it when it sorts the list.

So if hundreds of thousands of people buy a game, even if it only has mediocre reviews, steam is rather likely to show it to you, because if lots of people have bought it, it has good odds of being bought by other people, so they want to show you in the hopes you buy it too. On the other hand, if a game only has a few dozen people buy it, even if they all leave positive reviews, it will be very far down the list, because steam assumes that even if it is good, it's very niche, and unlikely worth the time of showing to people, unless they specifically search for it.

So you need to have people show quick and early enthusiasm for your page when it goes out, or the algorithm basically removes any hope of people that don't already know about your game ever seeing it.

Reactions: f9account

fdjghjk

May 5, 2020
Cheat Engine for v0.46.5, to manually access parts of the Debug functions.
Breast Expansion, No libido, Fast running, Infinite Jump, and Invincible.
Copy-paste the value "1072693248" to activate.

Last edited:

digimanNEW

Aug 10, 2021
aight so i am completely and utterly lost. from what i can tell, and from where the entrance points seem to be, i need a wall jump or ledge grab thing to get the wall jump/ledge grab thing. ???? everywhere i have a note is somewhere i cannot currently fucking go, because i need the kilogrip or whatever to get to it. is the kilogrip the glove thing??? is that what i need to wall jump??? why does it seem like i need the kilogrip to get the kilogrip??? i can't go up anywhere (because i need the ledge grab), i can't seem to make any fucking progress because ??? am i missing something???

the upgrades i have are the dash chip, the fire melee thing, and the wire shot. combining any number of these does not get me anywhere, period. there are so many areas i just can't reach because i don't have the ledge grab, and i'm getting frustrated. can anyone tell me what i'm missing? i am so utterly lost and going to the same four places checking to see if i missing something is getting repetitive.

Reactions: aldavise

digimanNEW

Aug 10, 2021
aight so i am completely and utterly lost. from what i can tell, and from where the entrance points seem to be, i need a wall jump or ledge grab thing to get the wall jump/ledge grab thing. ???? everywhere i have a note is somewhere i cannot currently fucking go, because i need the kilogrip or whatever to get to it. is the kilogrip the glove thing??? is that what i need to wall jump??? why does it seem like i need the kilogrip to get the kilogrip??? i can't go up anywhere (because i need the ledge grab), i can't seem to make any fucking progress because ??? am i missing something???

the upgrades i have are the dash chip, the fire melee thing, and the wire shot. combining any number of these does not get me anywhere, period. there are so many areas i just can't reach because i don't have the ledge grab, and i'm getting frustrated. can anyone tell me what i'm missing? i am so utterly lost and going to the same four places checking to see if i missing something is getting repetitive.
NEVER FUCKING MIND I JUST THOUGHT YOU NEEDED LEDGE GRAB TO GET UP THIS LEDGE
god im a fucking dumbass

Reactions: aldavise

Satyrsfaction

Mar 8, 2020
Here the more or less completed map and the locations of many upgrades and tools, as well as a few skill points.
It is not complete and the path is still not easy, even if you "know" where to find these things.

Unfortunately I deleted my old pic file with the layers on the PC,
so I simply edited the pic that I posted here once (map ~vers. 0.42).
For this reason - even though I have also edited and expanded the map - some information
or parts of the map may not match the current version.

( I've darkened the map a bit to make it easier to see the locations. )

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I wish you the best of luck and have fun
... especially the part with the light bubbles -transporting you always back- is hard.

I still don't know how to reach some areas. :D

fdjghjk

May 5, 2020
You're going to have to elaborate. I have no idea where to copy/paste that value. As a basic user of Cheat engine to cheat in h-games, this is beyond me. But I would like to have access to these cheats.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
If you do not have v0.46.5, the cheat table won't work.
You would normally put the values under the "value" column. But only if the value is 0, not ??.

TomoLastHill

Aug 21, 2017
If you do not have v0.46.5, the cheat table won't work.
That makes sense. I didn't see you mentioned v46.5 and assume that it was meant for the latest version available, which I believed to be v46 as it's on the main page, and the only recent download I could find in the thread is v46. Is this for a hotfix version available on patreon or am I just blind?

wizard_of_oz

Sep 29, 2020
I have a bug to report for 0.45. When doing with multiple slimes in the gallery, after climax with both slimes, the game crashes. Error code:

of Step Event2
for object objPlayer:

Variable objEnemyH.sprite(100012, -2147483648) not set before reading it.
at gml_Script_scrAnimChange
############################################################################################
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
stack frame is
gml_Script_scrAnimChange (line -1)
gml_Script_scrAnimEnd_Player_Sex
gml_Script_scrAnimEnd_Player
gml_Script_scrAnimEnd
gml_Object_objPlayer_Step_2

I dunno if this issue has been fixed in 0.46, but if it has please let me know

fdjghjk

May 5, 2020
That makes sense. I didn't see you mentioned v46.5 and assume that it was meant for the latest version available, which I believed to be v46 as it's on the main page, and the only recent download I could find in the thread is v46. Is this for a hotfix version available on patreon or am I just blind?
Yes, v0.46.5 is the latest Patreon Hotfix

JoeTermin

Dec 24, 2017
What was the last version of this game before the Patreon "100% consensual" rework? And is it still on the table to make a non-con patch?

ilmncsm

Apr 10, 2018
What was the last version of this game before the Patreon "100% consensual" rework? And is it still on the table to make a non-con patch?
Given the number of reworks and how much time has passed since that change, I doubt it. Especially as I don't recall the scenes back then having CG, they were all just pixel scenes. The new scenes, complete with CG, are written to be consensual, so there would be even more work needed now than there was then.

And unless I'm completely misremembering there was at least one public demo more recent than that change if not more than one.

Anon42

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
The last version of the game that contained non-con was v0.27. It was removed from the game a long time ago and will never return. I never really wanted non-con in the game to begin with and do not intend on including it in any future games. If you are looking for non-con specifically, then you will need to look elsewhere. This is a stance of mine that I will never compromise on.

4.60 star(s) 29 Votes