jpsimon

Overachiever
Donor
Apr 3, 2017
Out of my 200+ long VNDB "Finished" list, this VN is one of only two that I gave a 10/10 rating. Absolutely fantastic VN. Also, it's the only one I can think of that has a yandere heroine scripted perfectly. Not too over the top or insane. Just perfect. Also, another character is one of the most hated 'heroines' of any VN I've played. Top 3, easily. She was deliberately written to be hated, not just hated because she was written bad. And yet it only improves the story in the long run. They did a damn good job.
cross_channel.jpg
***** no more spoilers *****
Yeah, that is critical for this VN. You need to go in blind with no idea of what's going on. There are several twists and turns that have to be surprises, like a mystery novel. If you take out the mystery, you're going to destroy your experience. And don't bother asking for a walkthrough. It's pointless. The structure of this VN is unlike anything you've ever seen or that could be put into a diagram without ruining the story itself (you'll see what I mean). Just roll with it. Also, the bad ends are some of the best bad-ends in any VN and you really don't want to miss them by having the correct answers handed to you.

kinda like swan song
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

kshyk

Mar 18, 2018
With all respect to the persons who have uploading games.. I couldn't find 'Tower of Friends Patch' description (that happen more than once with other games as well, [it's not an attack on any single person!]- I hope I'm not blind).
If someone is curious about this patch, here what it is:

Tower of Friends Patch:
"It is a bonus story that should be patched with the a fresh install of the game after finishing Cross channel."

"Translation of bonus extra scenario. This meant to be played after completion of the main game and installing separately."

The Silver Bard

Game Developer
Oct 7, 2017
This game is so damn boring. It's incredibly slow, nothing but slice of life nonsense for what seems like forever. MC is incredibly annoying too. An hour plus and still nothings happened. I can't even be bothered. No idea why people like it.
It starts really slow. If you push past the first two weeks, it will change dramatically.

ciderapple

May 29, 2017
I agree with some of the other posters here. This game is far too slow. Feels like a gigantic waste of time. Would prefer a 100% save so we can skip straight to the good bits. Lacking that, i'll just not bother.

Tippythetuna

Mar 9, 2020
If anybody is still alive on this vn thread, can somebody help me? i've tried countless options to manage to start this vn but nothing worked so far, all it says its "No disc is inserted or another disc is inserted", i did set the system locale to japanese, used administrator option, tried to install the patch but it said invalid file 32 even tho i installed the Inconsolata.tff file and copied it to my C/Windows/Fonts, and when i tried to install the patch it didn't work.. so im pretty lost

PeteHanson

Feb 3, 2019
There is a raging debate as to which tl to use going on over on vndb for years at this point. Thus my question would be what tl the game is patched with, by default here on the site?

Once it's up again, of course, because all links are indeed dead.

Reactions: Twistty

Twistty

The Happy Beaver
Donor
Respected User
Former Staff
Sep 9, 2016
There is a raging debate as to which tl to use going on over on vndb for years at this point. Thus my question would be what tl the game is patched with, by default here on the site?

Once it's up again, of course, because all links are indeed dead.
Updated the OP and added all new working download links.

The game posted includes the Amaterasu Translations patches.
The George Henry Shaft Patch - I added a a separate download and included the patch info to the OP.

Cheers

AMereShadow

Feb 12, 2018
i bought this on steam, is there a way to uncensor it, or do i just need to delete it from steam and download it from here?

HHævnen

Jan 4, 2019
I read that the Steam 17+ censored version is worst of them all when it comes to translation... According to VNdb patriarchs Amaterasu translation is the best so far.. So I would go with that.

Twistty

The Happy Beaver
Donor
Respected User
Former Staff
Sep 9, 2016
ik there is no romance in the tags but i just wanted to confirm does this game have romance or not??
I would say it does. All the characters are pretty dysfunctional, so it's not always the healthiest romances, but I would still say most of the routes qualify.
Added the romance tag.
Thanks guys - for pointing that out.

Reactions: Finhir and HHævnen

forbiddentwo

Jun 20, 2017
Just reading up on the controversies over the different translations felt like an epic VN in itself... I'm emotionally exhausted and I haven't even run the game yet.

So if I just take the first download and then the tower of friends patch I'm good?

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes