r_h_o_n_a

Apr 14, 2022
Happened across CiC a few days ago for the first time. I know different people have different tastes and that's fine, but after a good few hours of play I can definitely say for some reason CiC seems to hit all my buttons (in every sense). Kudos, StickyIckyCiC! A nice balance of text and art (taking into account blank backgrounds that'll presumably be filled as art can be commissioned), the gameplay is also a fun throwback to the old-school top-down RPGs I grew up with, and the descriptive prose is just... so freaking hot. Some of the scenes lean further into BDSM than I enjoy, but I definitely get that this is just a matter of personal taste and it's more than made up for elsewhere. Awesome work :)

A few things I've wondered while playing:

(1) In a couple of scenes (the Beatrice-cock-growing scene and the beginning of the Alraune infestation at Daisy's farm) a background has persisted beyond the scene itself and obscures the field of play. I've managed to work around it with a lot of trial and error, but is there a simpler way of dealing with this?

(2) The sword you find in the Deepwoods Dungeon suggests that you can sell it at the blacksmith's, but I couldn't find any way to return to the blacksmith's outside of the Katie date cutscene. Is this just something that hasn't been implemented yet? Also maybe just a matter of implementation, but Beatrice also mentions the possibility of using makeup and other such things to increase femininity; have these been implemented and I'm just missing them?

(3) Is there a way of enlarging MC's penis beyond the single potion Beatrice reluctantly sells you?

(4) Do you need/want assistance with any nuts-and-bolts aspects? I've got an editing/publishing background and would be happy to do proof-reading of text if this is something you'd find useful. And I'm no artist worth the name, but have some competence in GIMP and would be glad to assist with simpler art - sprites and paperdolls, say - if this would be helpful (for instance, I noticed that in v0.29.5 the lip transformations aren't yet reflected in paperdoll/portrait art; this is the kind of thing I'd be able to do pretty easily).

StickyIckyCiC

Donor
Game Developer
Oct 15, 2019
Happened across CiC a few days ago for the first time. I know different people have different tastes and that's fine, but after a good few hours of play I can definitely say for some reason CiC seems to hit all my buttons (in every sense). Kudos, StickyIckyCiC! A nice balance of text and art (taking into account blank backgrounds that'll presumably be filled as art can be commissioned), the gameplay is also a fun throwback to the old-school top-down RPGs I grew up with, and the descriptive prose is just... so freaking hot. Some of the scenes lean further into BDSM than I enjoy, but I definitely get that this is just a matter of personal taste and it's more than made up for elsewhere. Awesome work

A few things I've wondered while playing:

(1) In a couple of scenes (the Beatrice-cock-growing scene and the beginning of the Alraune infestation at Daisy's farm) a background has persisted beyond the scene itself and obscures the field of play. I've managed to work around it with a lot of trial and error, but is there a simpler way of dealing with this?

(2) The sword you find in the Deepwoods Dungeon suggests that you can sell it at the blacksmith's, but I couldn't find any way to return to the blacksmith's outside of the Katie date cutscene. Is this just something that hasn't been implemented yet? Also maybe just a matter of implementation, but Beatrice also mentions the possibility of using makeup and other such things to increase femininity; have these been implemented and I'm just missing them?

(3) Is there a way of enlarging MC's penis beyond the single potion Beatrice reluctantly sells you?

(4) Do you need/want assistance with any nuts-and-bolts aspects? I've got an editing/publishing background and would be happy to do proof-reading of text if this is something you'd find useful. And I'm no artist worth the name, but have some competence in GIMP and would be glad to assist with simpler art - sprites and paperdolls, say - if this would be helpful (for instance, I noticed that in v0.29.5 the lip transformations aren't yet reflected in paperdoll/portrait art; this is the kind of thing I'd be able to do pretty easily).
Glad to hear you’re enjoying the game so much! To answer your questions:

1. If a background image persists, there’s an “erase images” option in the debugger to fix that, so long as you have patch 0.29.3 or later installed. That should have fixed the issue with Beatrice’s scene, but I’ll double check and make sure there isn’t another issue I missed. If the screen remains black instead, there’s also an “untint screen” debug option to fix that as well.

2. I’ll go back and change the text there, I’m not sure if I intended to let the player visit the blacksmith just to sell the sword or what, but I don’t think it’s worth adding the blacksmith as another location just to sell weapons you find. You can sell the sword anywhere you can buy things in a proper shop menu, aka, at Skirts and More. Selling a sword at a clothes shop is kind of weird, but I’m planning on making Beatrice actually sell magical weapons in the update I’m working on, so I’ll have the text suggest you sell it to her instead.

3. Nope. If your penis was shrunk, you can use that potion multiple times to get up to 7 inches, but that’s it. I’ve also intended to let you grow yourself up to 8 inches for a while, but I keep forgetting to do that, partially because I don’t intend for scenes to really have variations for having a very large penis. I’ll bump that up on my todo list and hopefully get to it, because it really shouldn’t take much effort, but I don’t plan for any other scenes or events to grow the players penis, if that’s what you’re asking.

4. I probably don’t need help with proof-reading for the most part. I would want to proof-read everything myself first regardless, because I often partially change sentences or even add extra things in I hadn’t previously though of. And while I could send you the files I've checked to look over, as there’s probably still a few mistakes in them, proof-reading is often the last thing I need to do right before releasing an update, so having to send them over to be reviewed would delay me. (And I’m behind schedule enough as is, lol.) I appreciate the offer though.

As for the lips, the main reason I didn’t commission those for the paperdoll is because they can’t be expressed with the in-game expressions without an if statement for every text box with the players face. But if you would be interested in creating variable lips even though they’ll only be shown in the paperdoll, I could very easily add them. And if you want to do spritework, I do still need to do the sprites for about half the clothing options, just for the players sprite as they walk around, not the paperdoll.
Top 51.png
Here's a little example of how those look, if you'd want to do sprites for some of the other clothes. I've generally just been editing existing sprites to match how I'd like the clothes to look to a decent degree.

Reactions: r_h_o_n_a

Kodi

Jun 30, 2017
Aw I tried this a long time ago just for the gay content. There's no new gay content of course. RIP

StickyIckyCiC

Donor
Game Developer
Oct 15, 2019
Aw I tried this a long time ago just for the gay content. There's no new gay content of course. RIP
When did you play it last? And I just checked the changelog, the last four updates had gay content in them, mainly with the Minotaur boss in the four dungeon and the Daddy character in the alleyways. I will say it's definitely more weighed towards straight and futa content though.

Reactions: Dingo139

Kodi

Jun 30, 2017
When did you play it last? And I just checked the changelog, the last four updates had gay content in them, mainly with the Minotaur boss in the four dungeon and the Daddy character in the alleyways. I will say it's definitely more weighed towards straight and futa content though.
Ohh ok thanks, I honestly just checked the cg folder and saw nothing but futa and assumed the cow girl was the minotaur, lol. I'll check it out but yeah the bar and lizardman scenes kinda gave me false hope lol

Reactions: StickyIckyCiC

StickyIckyCiC

Donor
Game Developer
Oct 15, 2019
Ohh ok thanks, I honestly just checked the cg folder and saw nothing but futa and assumed the cow girl was the minotaur, lol. I'll check it out but yeah the bar and lizardman scenes kinda gave me false hope lol
Oh I see, yeah a lot of scenes tend to not have artwork right now, I've recently gotten more artists to work on the game to hopefully remedy that. There isn't any new artwork for gay scenes in version 0.29, but the upcoming 0.30 version will add art for the Daddy character's chastity scene.

Niveket

Jan 27, 2019
Get this upon pressing new game on MacOS version 10.13.6. Game version 0.29

Edit.

Installed the 0.29.4 patch and still get the exact same errors.

Last edited:

StickyIckyCiC

Donor
Game Developer
Oct 15, 2019
Get this upon pressing new game on MacOS version 10.13.6. Game version 0.29

Edit.

Installed the 0.29.4 patch and still get the exact same errors.
For Mac's, most issues are generally caused by permissions errors. Two ways you can try to fix this are to edit the game's folder to give it read/write permissions, or simply move the game into the applications folder. This link may help with editing the folder's permissions (you might have to change the version at the top of the page though, it's set to Monterery 12 by default for me.)

If both of those idea's don't work let me know and I can see if there's something else to try.

Niveket

Jan 27, 2019
For Mac's, most issues are generally caused by permissions errors. Two ways you can try to fix this are to edit the game's folder to give it read/write permissions, or simply move the game into the applications folder. This link may help with editing the folder's permissions (you might have to change the version at the top of the page though, it's set to Monterery 12 by default for me.)

If both of those idea's don't work let me know and I can see if there's something else to try.
First tried giving it the permission which did nothing but moving the game into the application folder worked thanks!

r_h_o_n_a

Apr 14, 2022
Glad to hear you’re enjoying the game so much! To answer your questions:

1. If a background image persists, there’s an “erase images” option in the debugger to fix that, so long as you have patch 0.29.3 or later installed. That should have fixed the issue with Beatrice’s scene, but I’ll double check and make sure there isn’t another issue I missed. If the screen remains black instead, there’s also an “untint screen” debug option to fix that as well.

2. I’ll go back and change the text there, I’m not sure if I intended to let the player visit the blacksmith just to sell the sword or what, but I don’t think it’s worth adding the blacksmith as another location just to sell weapons you find. You can sell the sword anywhere you can buy things in a proper shop menu, aka, at Skirts and More. Selling a sword at a clothes shop is kind of weird, but I’m planning on making Beatrice actually sell magical weapons in the update I’m working on, so I’ll have the text suggest you sell it to her instead.

3. Nope. If your penis was shrunk, you can use that potion multiple times to get up to 7 inches, but that’s it. I’ve also intended to let you grow yourself up to 8 inches for a while, but I keep forgetting to do that, partially because I don’t intend for scenes to really have variations for having a very large penis. I’ll bump that up on my todo list and hopefully get to it, because it really shouldn’t take much effort, but I don’t plan for any other scenes or events to grow the players penis, if that’s what you’re asking.

4. I probably don’t need help with proof-reading for the most part. I would want to proof-read everything myself first regardless, because I often partially change sentences or even add extra things in I hadn’t previously though of. And while I could send you the files I've checked to look over, as there’s probably still a few mistakes in them, proof-reading is often the last thing I need to do right before releasing an update, so having to send them over to be reviewed would delay me. (And I’m behind schedule enough as is, lol.) I appreciate the offer though.

As for the lips, the main reason I didn’t commission those for the paperdoll is because they can’t be expressed with the in-game expressions without an if statement for every text box with the players face. But if you would be interested in creating variable lips even though they’ll only be shown in the paperdoll, I could very easily add them. And if you want to do spritework, I do still need to do the sprites for about half the clothing options, just for the players sprite as they walk around, not the paperdoll.
View attachment 1757219
Here's a little example of how those look, if you'd want to do sprites for some of the other clothes. I've generally just been editing existing sprites to match how I'd like the clothes to look to a decent degree.
Many thanks for all that :) Yep, the debugger perfectly sorted out the issues with the background persistence in the scenes with both Beatrice and the Alraune. Re the blacksmith, no worries; I was just curious as to whether it'd be incorporated, since you'd actively built it into the intro sequence. I hadn't thought about selling the sword (well, swords - I think I have three of them now?) at Skirts and More, and it's good to know that's a possibility. The magical weapons aspect sounds like fun as well. I'm looking forward to seeing that once the next updates are complete! Regarding penis growth/shrinkage, also no worries there. It's just good to know what the bounds are. (I admit, I've got a real thing for docking. Especially given the comparatively small size of the imps in the Deepwoods dungeon along with their determination to knock MC up... hey, a girl can dream.)

Finally, completely understood on the proof-reading aspect. The last thing I want to do is get in the way! But the sprite and paperdoll art, more than happy to help where you'd like me to. I've just worked out where the images and such are in the file folders, so I can get to work on those and will update you as I progress :)

• Red Heart

Niveket

Jan 27, 2019
Using the debugger to disable hypno traps (Lag traps) doesn't work for some reason. I've tried saving and quiting after disabling them and also tried the fix hypno traps but it doesn't seem to do any thing the game is still a slide show in the sorcerer dungeon and the traps still work.

StickyIckyCiC

Donor
Game Developer
Oct 15, 2019
Using the debugger to disable hypno traps (Lag traps) doesn't work for some reason. I've tried saving and quiting after disabling them and also tried the fix hypno traps but it doesn't seem to do any thing the game is still a slide show in the sorcerer dungeon and the traps still work.
Hmm, that's odd, it seems to work fine on my end. Disabling the hypno traps doesn't turn off the first two pink traps in the dungeon, which could mislead you to think it isn't working at all. If you can reach the section with multiple colors of flashing traps, could you confirm those aren't turning off? Also, what is your fps outside of the second dungeon? (You can check this by pressing f2). If it's below 60 outside the second dungeon, then you might have issues even with most of the flashing traps off, in which case your best bet might be to use the dungeon skip option and just go to the third dungeon. I'll see if I can make the debug option turn all of the traps off, in case that makes a difference. I wouldn't expect two traps to have a big impact on performance, but you never know.

Niveket

Jan 27, 2019
Hmm, that's odd, it seems to work fine on my end. Disabling the hypno traps doesn't turn off the first two pink traps in the dungeon, which could mislead you to think it isn't working at all. If you can reach the section with multiple colors of flashing traps, could you confirm those aren't turning off? Also, what is your fps outside of the second dungeon? (You can check this by pressing f2). If it's below 60 outside the second dungeon, then you might have issues even with most of the flashing traps off, in which case your best bet might be to use the dungeon skip option and just go to the third dungeon. I'll see if I can make the debug option turn all of the traps off, in case that makes a difference. I wouldn't expect two traps to have a big impact on performance, but you never know.
My fps outside is fine but no worries I managed to make it past the dungeon and the lag wasn't as bad on the ''second'' part of the dungeon even thought there were alot more flashing traps.

Btw thanks for making the game prompt a save before certain events, Its just a tiny but very nice quality of life thing that I especially liked.

DudeManBroGuy

Apr 14, 2018
For my personal preference, Daddy scenes are by far the best, honestly wish the protag could just be Sissy.

Begging for you to add way more MM content.
I got into this game ages ago when it was basically just Sorceress and the Innkeeper, and it's disappointing the main cast are all women. Especially dislike being forced to even interact with Katie.

BoBerth

Oct 25, 2020
For my personal preference, Daddy scenes are by far the best, honestly wish the protag could just be Sissy.

I got into this game ages ago when it was basically just Sorceress and the Innkeeper, and it's disappointing the main cast are all women. Especially dislike being forced to even interact with Katie.
dude you're selfish personally i don't like MM so i ignore it

StickyIckyCiC

Donor
Game Developer
Oct 15, 2019

Sorry about the somewhat lacking M/M content, I try to have a decent balance overall, but my own preferences lean the other way a bit more, so I tend to have more M/F content.

Decathect

Oct 18, 2017
Well I, for example, am not a fan of daddy at all. I heavily dislike cage scenes as i find them to be mean-spirited at best and sadistic at worst. Which is why I'll never give daddy's content a go beyond doubleteaming his boytoy. Or explore the elf town, gated behind a non-negotiable gangrape, despite the high quality of your writing. But one should take the good with the bad.
Sorry about the somewhat lacking M/M content.
Dont be. To add another counterpoint to the post you replied to - I love Katie and you should never feel the need to apologize for her...or any other artistic decision.

The takeaway Im going for here is that it really takes all kinds and everyone is best served if you stick to your original vision. You keep doing you.

Last edited:
4.00 star(s) 32 Votes