CommunistSAM

Jan 4, 2022
Since you mention the text automatically progressing, I'll mention that I was testing an auto text plugin for the game. I ended up deciding not to use it and making text passages larger instead, but it looks like I forgot to remove it. I don't believe it will show up in any normal settings or items, since I didn't mean to add it, but I did accidentally release the last few versions with the hot key for it set up. So, since yours seems to be on, try pressing the "A" button while walking around. This should open choice dialogue that has "fast, normal, slow, off" as options. Select "off", and see if that helps. I'll be able to look into this further in a few days, but it's unlikely I'll be able to properly look into this until then at the moment. Sorry about that. Let me know if turning off the auto text helps. Also, when you get this black screen bug, are you able to open the menu? If so, have you tried the "untint screen" debug option? Scenes will often tint the screen to black, and sometimes I forget to untint them, so that could be the problem. Thanks for letting me know about the issue though.
Reporting back!
It would appear that your solution fixes it, but a disclaimer. It must be done before doing any sex scenes, long dialogue or leveling up skills. Cuz if you trigger a sex scene, or if the auto text ticks while you have a choice window open it will lock you into the window unable to do anything. In the overworld you can trigger an npc with a choice and it will unstick you, but if you are in the skill tree the only solution is to nuke it. Also it seems that the auto text fucks with the dialogue triggers, and as such you can clear it with the debug tool, but you cannot re activate the scene, cuz it seems that the game treats it as complete. Also it seems to catch the text during speedup which makes it trigger about 70% of the time, but if you dont speed it up the chances of triggering are slim.
Das about it chief, I havent encountered in half an hour of heavily sped up gameplay, so I presume that you should put up a disclaimer for the A button untill you update the game.
I will keep you posted if I find it again (I might not know the code, but Ive played waay too many RPGM games, and I know how to break em mostly), so yea, happy new year ig, have a good one!

Reactions: StickyIckyCiC

karenj

Aug 18, 2021
I'm running .36.7 patch level of the game. My MC helped Beatrice with her "over 4 hours, call a doctor" problem and they had a fine time together. The MC fell asleep and on waking finds him/her self on the wrong side of the doors in Beatrice's store. Behind the walls and is stuck.

I saved and exited in the hope that on loading the MC would be IN the store. No such luck. Not sure what to do now.

StickyIckyCiC

Donor
Game Developer
Oct 15, 2019
I'm running .36.7 patch level of the game. My MC helped Beatrice with her "over 4 hours, call a doctor" problem and they had a fine time together. The MC fell asleep and on waking finds him/her self on the wrong side of the doors in Beatrice's store. Behind the walls and is stuck.

I saved and exited in the hope that on loading the MC would be IN the store. No such luck. Not sure what to do now.
Can you open the menu? If so, use the debugger key item and select "Teleport to Elmgar." I'll take a look at that bug and try to fix it, thanks for reporting it.

Reporting back!
It would appear that your solution fixes it, but a disclaimer. It must be done before doing any sex scenes, long dialogue or leveling up skills. Cuz if you trigger a sex scene, or if the auto text ticks while you have a choice window open it will lock you into the window unable to do anything. In the overworld you can trigger an npc with a choice and it will unstick you, but if you are in the skill tree the only solution is to nuke it. Also it seems that the auto text fucks with the dialogue triggers, and as such you can clear it with the debug tool, but you cannot re activate the scene, cuz it seems that the game treats it as complete. Also it seems to catch the text during speedup which makes it trigger about 70% of the time, but if you dont speed it up the chances of triggering are slim.
Das about it chief, I havent encountered in half an hour of heavily sped up gameplay, so I presume that you should put up a disclaimer for the A button untill you update the game.
I will keep you posted if I find it again (I might not know the code, but Ive played waay too many RPGM games, and I know how to break em mostly), so yea, happy new year ig, have a good one!
I was more of less on a break for the new year, but I've since patched in a fix to remove the auto text option. I'm glad I didn't end up using it with all the issues that it seems to cause lol. Thanks for all the details.

STarius

Sep 12, 2020
I think there appears to be a bug related with the 'check appearance' key item, that it does not show the correct 'bra' equipment description based on what the avatar is currently wearing. I tracked its appearance to after the barkeep hikes up the price to 15 gold, or before starting the 2nd dungeon.

EDIT; The game version I tested this on is 0.37.10 with the latest patch over the latest full game, though I also had this bug in the previous 'latest' 0.36 build.

StickyIckyCiC

Donor
Game Developer
Oct 15, 2019
I think there appears to be a bug related with the 'check appearance' key item, that it does not show the correct 'bra' equipment description based on what the avatar is currently wearing. I tracked its appearance to after the barkeep hikes up the price to 15 gold, or before starting the 2nd dungeon.

EDIT; The game version I tested this on is 0.37.10 with the latest patch over the latest full game, though I also had this bug in the previous 'latest' 0.36 build.
In what way is it incorrect, exactly? Is there a certain bra that isn't working, or are all bra's showing the wrong description? And if it's all bras, do they always show the same, incorrect description, or is it a new but still incorrect description depending on the bra. I have two theories on what's causing this, depending on your answer.

Game doesn't open on M1 Mac
The application "Game" can't be opened.
No matter what you do with permissions.
I have two possible suggestions, but I've recently learned that RPG Maker MV has discontinued support for Mac past version 11 of Mac OS. Unfortunately, moving my game to MZ where Mac is still supported isn't viable, so the best alternative might be using the web version. This prevents the character creator from working properly, which means the players face in dialogue and their sprite on the map won't reflect your appearance, but otherwise functions fine as far as I'm aware. I suppose you might also be able to use wine to run it, but I don't know how much effort that is to set up. The two things you can try for the Mac version are to move the game to your applications folder before running, and this suggestion another user provided.

Open Terminal and type: sudo chmod -R 777
Drag and drop the application after press enter.
Than put in your computer password.

example: sudo chmod -R 777 (app path)

I believe these are both still permissions solutions, so you might have tried them, but I figured it would be worth a shot. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.
Edit: I just noticed that the web version isn't uploaded here, for some reason. Here's a link to it if you decide to go with that route.

Last edited:

StickyIckyCiC

Donor
Game Developer
Oct 15, 2019
Having an issue hopefully someone can help. Downloaded most recent version, moved my old saves to the new game (have done this same process the last 5 or 6 updates with no issues), and when I try to load I get this error. View attachment 2300284
You need to download and apply the "Old Save Compatibility Patch" It's linked on the page, but that link takes you to the entire mega folder, so here's a direct link to it. You'll also want patch 0.37.13, which wasn't out when this thread updated, so here's the link to that as well. After applying both and entering the game, use the debugger item and select "dungeon 5 compatibility patch". A plugin I added broke old saves, but I was able to salvage them with the compatibility patch. The debug option causes the game to manually do something that the plugin normally does automatically, but I had to delete that part of the plugin to make it work with old saves.
great concept but it needs more CG
Agreed. I currently have two artists I regularly commission for artwork, but it's still not enough compared to how many scenes there are. I hope to be able to get art at a faster pace at some point.

• Red Heart
Reactions: noble 271

yaragl

Jul 15, 2019
does the game have sexual content pics? it seems like most of them doesn't (like the elven gangbang scene)? is it like text based adventure with some pics or is it still wip? but either way great idea concept

mikedncn

Aug 20, 2021
You need to download and apply the "Old Save Compatibility Patch" It's linked on the page, but that link takes you to the entire mega folder, so here's a direct link to it. Mega You'll also want patch 0.37.13, which wasn't out when this thread updated, so here's the link to that as well. Mega After applying both and entering the game, use the debugger item and select "dungeon 5 compatibility patch". A plugin I added broke old saves, but I was able to salvage them with the compatibility patch. The debug option causes the game to manually do something that the plugin normally does automatically, but I had to delete that part of the plugin to make it work with old saves.

Agreed. I currently have two artists I regularly commission for artwork, but it's still not enough compared to how many scenes there are. I hope to be able to get art at a faster pace at some point.
THANK YOU!!! Worked perfectly. I love this game so was pretty upset I may not be able to continue for a moment lol

Reactions: StickyIckyCiC

Factual & Accurate

Mar 1, 2021
Haven't played since ver 34 but I wish there was more of an effect on femininity outside of stats. I remember feeling like the dialogue of the characters didn't change at all/very minimally even if you had low femininity, does this change later on in the game?

STarius

Sep 12, 2020
In what way is it incorrect, exactly? Is there a certain bra that isn't working, or are all bra's showing the wrong description? And if it's all bras, do they always show the same, incorrect description, or is it a new but still incorrect description depending on the bra. I have two theories on what's causing this, depending on your answer
Initially the display only describes the 'elegant bra' no matter what else the avatar is actually wearing, due to the former being the equipped item before what i assumed is the bug starting point. After further testing on what exactly causes this, I noticed another bug where descriptions of said 'bra' type items do not match at all with what is currently worn. By that point I stopped playing and posted my bug report here.

StickyIckyCiC

Donor
Game Developer
Oct 15, 2019
does the game have sexual content pics? it seems like most of them doesn't (like the elven gangbang scene)? is it like text based adventure with some pics or is it still wip? but either way great idea concept
Most of the scenes lack art at the moment. It's a work in progress, though admittedly I write scenes faster than I can commission them even with two artists. I hope to fix that eventually.

Haven't played since ver 34 but I wish there was more of an effect on femininity outside of stats. I remember feeling like the dialogue of the characters didn't change at all/very minimally even if you had low femininity, does this change later on in the game?
Not really. Honestly, most of the times femininity changes dialogue are actually early on in the game. I wanted to make it more impactful, but writing alternate versions of dialogue to account for variables can get draining when I do it too much, and I already had body sizes to account for, so I more or less decided to focus on those over femininity. Also, depravity is actually the more impactful variable for dialogue, as it sometime determines if the player reacts eagerly and lustfully to kinky stuff, or hesitantly and shy, but that also becomes less impactful the further in you get. Sorry about that.

Initially the display only describes the 'elegant bra' no matter what else the avatar is actually wearing, due to the former being the equipped item before what i assumed is the bug starting point. After further testing on what exactly causes this, I noticed another bug where descriptions of said 'bra' type items do not match at all with what is currently worn. By that point I stopped playing and posted my bug report here.
Alright, well... That rules out both of the things I suspected were causing the issue, lol. Would you be able to private message me your save folder on here? (I need the entire folder, or at least a save file and the global.rpgsave file, or else I won't be able to open your saves.)

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Factual & Accurate
4.00 star(s) 32 Votes