Deleted member 2218253

Game Developer
Apr 14, 2020
Nothing like a bit of rape after a long dry spell. Seriously though, as soon as I saw that I deleted the thing.
The idea of the game is that the player makes the decisions that he wants, (and to assume its consequences). Hence there are several options that are not yet available. When the next route is done, you can refuse to go to that house (or do what happens) and meet someone else.

Last edited:
Reactions: Vollezar

PeggyBlackett

Engaged Member
Jan 24, 2018
If you get "[p.name]" showing up in the text instead of an actual name, use UnRen.bat {or some other method; there are several floating around} to gain access to the console, then:

open the console - press

Code:
shift-o

type in
Code:
player.name = u'Fred'
{put whatever you want it to be instead of "Fred" and remember the single quotes around the name, and the spaces before and after the "="

Press "ENTER" and

Viola! The trick she is done!​

Deleted member 2218253

Game Developer
Apr 14, 2020
If you get "[p.name]" showing up in the text instead of an actual name, use UnRen.bat {or some other method; there are several floating around} to gain access to the console, then:

open the console - press

Code:
shift-o

type in
Code:
player.name = u'Fred'
{put whatever you want it to be instead of "Fred" and remember the single quotes around the name, and the spaces before and after the "="

Press "ENTER" and

Viola! The trick she is done!​
That happens to a lot of people? Or why is it happening? I've tried it on other computers and it works well.

PeggyBlackett

Engaged Member
Jan 24, 2018
That happens to a lot of people? Or why is it happening? I've tried it on other computers and it works well.
Alls i knows, personal-like, is it happened to me on rock-stock Windows 10 on a home-built AMD-based PC.

And since it happened three times at the same point, i figured it might be common enough to post the fix.

Deleted member 2218253

Game Developer
Apr 14, 2020
Alls i knows, personal-like, is it happened to me on rock-stock Windows 10 on a home-built AMD-based PC.

And since it happened three times at the same point, i figured it might be common enough to post the fix.
Thanks a lot. I'll try for the 0.0.3 fix that (because the 0.0.2 is already uploaded). I'll try other ways. ;)

CamaroFan432

Mar 13, 2020
Sadly I downloaded it before reading the changelog just to realise, nothing new.
To all others who read comments before changelog or downloading: if you played the 0.0.1, you can skip this one.
Imo it should be called v0.0.1.1 or something. But I'm not the dev, it's his decision. Still, good luck dev.

Deleted member 2218253

Game Developer
Apr 14, 2020
Sadly I downloaded it before reading the changelog just to realise, nothing new.
To all others who read comments before changelog or downloading: if you played the 0.0.1, you can skip this one.
Imo it should be called v0.0.1.1 or something. But I'm not the dev, it's his decision. Still, good luck dev.
Certainly, yes. This update is small. I've released it because my laptop takes a long time to render, so I need weeks to be able to make a new arc. I have thought, more or less, that the important updates will be the odd numbers and the 0 (0, 3, 5, 7 and 9). This way I can polish the game code every week and correct the bugs you send me, and every two weeks new scenes.
I'd like to apologize for those who expect great progress in small time. A render costs me about 12 hours. I hope you like what's coming next week.

CamaroFan432

Mar 13, 2020
Certainly, yes. This update is small. I've released it because my laptop takes a long time to render, so I need weeks to be able to make a new arc. I have thought, more or less, that the important updates will be the odd numbers and the 0 (0, 3, 5, 7 and 9). This way I can polish the game code every week and correct the bugs you send me, and every two weeks new scenes.
I'd like to apologize for those who expect great progress in small time. A render costs me about 12 hours. I hope you like what's coming next week.
I didn't expect a big progress, but a small one. Maybe expecting is a too strong term, more like hoped for. I apologize if I sounded a bit harsh. Like I said, my fault for not reading the changelog. At least you explained your way of version numbering, it makes, it at least for me, a little bit clearer. Looking forward for more, especially with the choices that couldn't be choosen. Take the time you need. Not everyone got a high end desktop pc.

Deleted member 2218253

Game Developer
Apr 14, 2020
I didn't expect a big progress, but a small one. Maybe expecting is a too strong term, more like hoped for. I apologize if I sounded a bit harsh. Like I said, my fault for not reading the changelog. At least you explained your way of version numbering, it makes, it at least for me, a little bit clearer. Looking forward for more, especially with the choices that couldn't be choosen. Take the time you need. Not everyone got a high end desktop pc.
Thank you very much for your words (they hadn't sounded harsh). I appreciate this kind of things because I need to know what the users think, both good and bad and take note. Also because at least if someone reads the comments they will be able to see what I think or developmental information. :)

CamaroFan432

Mar 13, 2020
That's for sure. Next time for me: first read changelog. :ROFLMAO:
But I would like to say, I was very suprised, that there is a second release just a week later. You're pretty fast in this regard. Saw many games that took 3 months without a sign of live and then there was just the kind of bug fix you released now. So in my eyes it's a good sign and speaks for your dedication.

Deleted member 2218253

Game Developer
Apr 14, 2020
That's for sure. Next time for me: first read changelog. :ROFLMAO:
But I would like to say, I was very suprised, that there is a second release just a week later. You're pretty fast in this regard. Saw many games that took 3 months without a sign of live and then there was just the kind of bug fix you released now. So in my eyes it's a good sign and speaks for your dedication.
What I'm looking for is to release an update every week. That's my goal. I think with constant work you can go far.
Pd: Please, for everyone, read the changelog. :LOL:

Reactions: EzioAuditore75

Cirdon

Nov 27, 2019
What I'm looking for is to release an update every week. That's my goal. I think with constant work you can go far.
Don't do that to yourself.

For even experienced programmers it's difficult to release an update to their game that has enough content to be worth downloading once a MONTH. Right now you're barely at the beginning of your learning curve and frankly it shows both in the dialogue and the plot choices.

Don't lock yourself into a schedule until you gain more experience and know you're going to be able to keep that schedule.

L3z1l3

Aug 19, 2018
I know it is a very early stage but this is BAD.
MC doesn't remember his name, so he named himself? MC having amnesia does not mean police couldn't identify him.
Also he doesn't remember his name but remembers his parents were killed?

The writing of the dialogue/internal monologue is bad. I understand it's not dev's native tongue but those short broken up sentences become annoying very fast. Also MC is directly narrating every little thing that should be shown instead or conveyed indirectly via dialogue for example. Maybe dev should consider to get some help with the writing.

The masturbation scene was already mentioned by a lot of people. Even if this was meant to be an instant game over scene I think it is a bad idea. Some games can get away with similar stuff but those are games that don't take themselves seriously. From how this pre demo was presented it seems to go for a more serious tone. Putting such absurd choices in it will break all immersion.

Graphics are passable but quite grainy. Still this is the best part of the game.