VN Ren'Py Cultural Replay: An Unofficial Culture Shock Fanwork [v0.36] [Palos69]

4.00 star(s) 2 Votes

Who's your favorite girl?

• Total voters

Palos69

Game Developer
Feb 8, 2021
Android version is broken.
Can you describe what is broken?

Is it the naming within the dialogue? I plan on releasing a patch today, if all goes well.

(Edit: I think I found the issue. I'll be re-releasing an android version shortly.)
(Edit: New Android release posted. Let me know if you still have issues.)
One question though, in beta path Mc fucks Tracy, or in game description rapes her will this have any effect?
Rape changes several scenes already, including one of the new lewds for the beta path. It's kind of it's own separate path right now, but it may merge into another or be kept separate. I'm not sure yet.
Do you still go for the 2 path splited game , or is it more flexible ?
Depends. While the alpha and beta status still exist, I have made it easier to do move in and out. I actually dislike the beta/alpha mindset a lot, but it was a main feature of the original game and it didn't feel right to remove it.
Just downloaded v.35 I'm not even out of the prologue yet and I'm getting
"Error in code- variable does not exist. had to take out a loan to put her in therapy."
"You and Error in code- variable does not exist. did what you had to do to make things work."
"Error in code- variable does not exist. picks up the car she leased ahead of time."
I would assume by the text that it is referring to the "Tracy" NPC, however I get the same error if I accept the default name or enter "Tracy" as the NPC name.

The error seems to be tied to the Preferences settings. When I enable the settings I now see "Mom had to take out a loan to put her in therapy."
Thank you, I will look into this. A+ bug reporting.

A few additional questions, had you ever played the game before? I want to know if you had any kind of persistent save data on your machine.

What OS are you using?

I see that you got rid of the error message when the Incest toggle was enabled. Did the error come back if the toggle was disabled afterwards?

Note that using rewind (going backwards in the story) may not show the new changes until the lines are manually clicked through again as they're saved in some kind of history. So the best method to test this is to enable the toggle, verify the error is gone, than rewind to a point before where the error line was with some lines to spare, then disable the toggle and click through it again. I will test this on my own first, but I may need the help of someone who is experiencing the bug.

(Edit: I wiped all my persistent data and still can’t replicate the bug on PC.)
Does this remake have a new story?
What I'm asking is not about graphics. I have no complaints about graphics in the original game.
My only complaint is that there aren't many Markus scenes.
What does this remake focus on? Graphic or story?
While I am fixing some of the earlier renders, this is mainly a story overhaul. I wanted to give the characters justification for their actions. The story is pretty similar up to around Day 8. At that point, depending on player choice, it can go off the rails.

Many of the changes in the earlier portion of the game are more subtle in scale, because not much happens in the original game until the mid-teen Days. There are currently five cut sex scenes (only one where someone actually has sex), but most of those scenes will reintegrated at a later point so they have more impact on the story. If you played the original game, you might recall that most of the early content had absolutely no purpose or effect on the story, which is something I hope to remedy.

I saw the complaint that this project is slower than the original and less happens, but I'm just not seeing it. I replayed the first half of Culture Shock last night to refresh my memory and I remember now why people don't play the first half of Culture Shock. It’s pretty light on content. It might be because I've made every girl optional (something that is not true in the original game) and players are missing the entry points to routes.
So to be clear there is no sharing in this game? Your either in it or get to watch?
There is one sharing scene you can get during the party scene on day 3, but so far that's it. I have scenes outlined for the MC loaning out certain girls or being loaned certain girls for later on. Characters need to be developed before that can happen.

Last edited:

gsuk

Jul 31, 2018
OK so I have turned incest on yet my two women on the plane are being referred to as stepmother and stepsister. WTF?

Jul 6, 2023
So, literally ,this is the same shit that has been at large last 7 years and will never ever be finished like 93% of games from similar genre here on this and other sites with this kind of content and games.
Well, I mean, why bothers...

Last time I check NO SONG EVER (as for the games too) HAS ITS OWN REMIXES IF ITS NOT FINISHED ALREADY.

Possible biggest crap on this site are REactivate, REMIXED, remakes games who hasnt been finished at all in a first place.

Imagine if UBISOFT never finish Ass Creed or any game and said to fans : FUCK IT, WE GONNA REMIX REMAKE PRINCE OF PERSIA, I know we never finished 1 Prince game but BEHOLD, here we work on Prince of Persia again from the start.

Reactions: dbkinp

Palos69

Game Developer
Feb 8, 2021
I think I found the issue with the Android release. Will be re-releasing that version shortly.

Edit:
I posted a new version of the Android release that fixes something, but not sure if it's the same thing other people were experiencing because I don't have any details on what was happening. I also don't have an Android device to test on.

For some reason, the Android apk didn't compile with a folder that was within the game's gui folder. Why did this happen? I have no idea. I'm assuming it was some kind of bug within the RenPy launcher.

OK so I have turned incest on yet my two women on the plane are being referred to as stepmother and stepsister. WTF?
I've seen some inconsistency with the toggle because of the way the Renpy can rewind a game. When you scroll back, it also reverses game state. My suggestion is to go back a few lines before the problem, re-disable, then re-enable the toggle, and then verify the changes are showing correctly.

I'm aware of the problem, but the only solution I can see is either disabling the ability to rewind your game (imagine not being able to go back if you clicked on the wrong button) or remove the toggle entirely and just have it be a set choice in the beginning of the game like I had it before.

So, literally ,this is the same shit that has been at large last 7 years and will never ever be finished like 93% of games from similar genre here on this and other sites with this kind of content and games.

Last time I check NO SONG EVER (as for the games too) HAS ITS OWN REMIXES IF ITS NOT FINISHED ALREADY.

Possible biggest crap on this site are REactivate, REMIXED, remakes games who hasnt been finished at all in a first place.

Imagine if UBISOFT never finish Ass Creed or any game and said to fans : FUCK IT, WE GONNA REMIX REMAKE PRINCE OF PERSIA, I know we never finished 1 Prince game but BEHOLD, here we work on Prince of Persia again from the start.
I agree, man. I wish AAA games and Hollywood would take more risks and give us something more original. I think the difference between that situation and this one is that I'm not charging anyone any money for the same content that was already released. The downloads you find here are not Patreon rips from behind a $10 -$30 paywall that people are stealing, but me posting the files directly for people to try.

The point of it is, I'm having fun playing around with the story, fixing bugs and up-scaling renders. I'm learning a lot about creating a branching story-line and how to use photoshop, etc. But it's mainly for my enjoyment and education. Other people playing it is just a side benefit. If people didn't like what I was doing, I would have moved on by now, because I think I've learned what I needed from it already. I'm just refining those skills at this point.

I'm not sure I see the harm. If I stopped developing it today, what was the cost? Four months of my time and the thirty minutes it took someone to click through the current version.

Last edited:
Reactions: MyUserName1234

zandalari

May 4, 2019

You clearly are confused and have no understanding of what thread you are into, much less what this project is. Next time try to spend 5 minutes familiarizing yourself with the topic, you will look like less of an idiot.

Your analogy would look better like this: a game company releases a buggy, unfinished and plain old unplayable game that the fans then take it upon themselves to fix and make playable. Oh wait there's no need to imagine anything, that's fucking Bethesda's business model.

Gabriele74

Mar 22, 2019
I miei amici,
Ho sviluppato un semplice Mod WT per la riproduzione culturale. Mi è piaciuto molto Culture Shock e penso che sia fantastico che Palos69 abbia sviluppato un fan remake. Questa Mod, come è mia abitudine, si basa sul percorso Alpha. Tutte le decisioni di gioco rimangono, ma il Mod enfatizza i contenuti non NTR. Nel caso possa aiutare qualcuno, spero che ti piaccia.

2024-03-11 : Amici miei, Dev dice che il gioco ora ha il suo WT, lo esaminerò, ma il mio potrebbe non essere più necessario. Ricorda che la mia Mod è basata sul percorso Alpha e potrebbero esserci pochi contenuti in questa versione. Per favore, scrivetemi in DM se volete che continui il mio WT del percorso Alpha, ma, come sempre, permettendovi di vedere tutte le scene con una semplice decisione.
Quasi 2024-03-12 : Amici miei, Dev ha fatto un ottimo lavoro con il WT Mod ma, come diceva mio padre, c'è sempre spazio per migliorare. Dev ha anche apportato molte modifiche al codice, soprattutto nei nomi delle variabili. Quindi, sfortunatamente, i vecchi salvataggi non funzioneranno . I salvataggi della versione 0.2 possono essere cancellati. Devi ricominciare da capo e cosa c'è di meglio che riavviare il gioco usando il mio Mod. Come ho accennato in precedenza, la Mod è orientata al percorso alpha ma si possono vedere tutte le scene. Questo non è uno spoiler, Dev ne ha già parlato in un altro post: incluse le scene tra Tracy e l'MC dalla versione 0.25. Tutti loro. A proposito di scene, vi ho lasciato un regalo, un bonus. Ho trovato alcune riprese di Tracy e MC che non venivano utilizzate, quindi le ho incluse nella scena finale. Più tardi, per favore, dimmi se ti piace il mio regalo.
Quasi 2024-04-16 : Mod per Cultural Replay v0.3 aggiornato! Palos69 Dev ha apportato diverse modifiche al codice dall'inizio del gioco, quindi i vecchi salvataggi non funzioneranno. Come sempre il Mod è orientato al percorso Alpha ma ha tutte le decisioni e anche all'interno del percorso Alpha si possono vedere le scene Beta. Approfittando del fatto che dovevo comunque rivedere tutto il codice del Mod, ho aggiunto alcune scene Beta che non erano nel Mod v0.25. Spero che la Mod vi piaccia e supportate Palos69 Dev in modo che possa acquistare il software di cui ha bisogno.
2024-05-22 : Mi dispiace, colpa mia. Mi mancava completamente la versione 0.32. Aggiornerò il Mod direttamente alla versione 0.35.

Distinti saluti,

Murray.
[/CITAZIONE]
Dove la mod??

Thrownaway13

Lvl 12 - Cutie
Respected User
Former Staff
May 27, 2017
For sure pathological deranged liar as for u wasting time to write pointless long ass response , maybe u start telling PPL whats new in this shitty 7years milked gamed ????

And u really are deranged because...SOME OF US HAVE JOB (OR LIKE MYSELF SCHOOL) TO GO, SO WE DONT HAVE 5 MINUTES TO SCORLL BACKWARDS AND READ YOUR EXCUSES AND BILLION OTHER COMMENTS IS FUCKING WASTE OF TIME !!

GETTA LIFE !! No one smart who actually have life is wasting 5 minutes reading billion comments backwards on threads.
I appreciate someone continuing my work in a way that I don't currently have the capacity to do.

Palos69

Game Developer
Feb 8, 2021
No gallery mod, I'm gonna do starting over again.
New scenes will always get added retroactively. So the new stuff in this release will be added to the gallery in the next release.

I did add some instructions on how to access the new scenes on the new release post, which is something I’m going to start doing all the time.

Reactions: Maveric

CutieLvr

Engaged Member
Jun 3, 2020
View attachment 3374749

Overview:
You are a young man who has just moved to Hawaii with his beautiful mother and sister.
Beaches. Babes. What more could a guy ask for?
Juggle multiple relationships.
Or watch as other men steal your prospects and loved ones away.
More Information
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Answers For Common Questions:

Thread Updated: 2024-05-23
Release Date: 2024-05-22
Developer: Palos69 - -
Original Developer: King of lust -
Censored: No
Version: 0.35 (Rewrite up to Day 12)
Language: English
Fanart Thread: Link
Original Game: Culture Shock
Genre:

Installation:

Changelog:

Developer Notes:

Planned Features for Next Update - Completion - 0.0% (Planning):

This project will never be pay-walled or profited from in any way. It's just something I do for fun in my free time. If you like it, please consider supporting the original developer.

DOWNLOAD
Win/Linux: - MEGA - - PIXELDRAIN - WORKUPLOAD
Mac: - MEGA - - PIXELDRAIN - WORKUPLOAD
Android (Fixed): - MEGA - - PIXELDRAIN - WORKUPLOAD

Extras: WT Mod*

(Mod currently not updated to latest version.)

View attachment 3373007 View attachment 3373015 View attachment 3373017 View attachment 3432063 View attachment 3542463 View attachment 3662001 View attachment 3662002
Is there a mod for removing the "step"? I know you can change the stepmom's name and you can change it to mom or mommy instead of a woman's name, but, still.
Never mind, I found it was in the preferences, alls good.

Last edited:
Reactions: Palos69

longjohngold

Jan 22, 2020
That's a difficult poll, because Sophie is the best girl, but Emma has the best scenes.

I'm largely unfussed about the mother/sister even with them being the focus of late in the original game.

cebs

Engaged Member
Game Compressor
Donor
Feb 19, 2018
Here's my unofficial android port of Cultural Replay: A Culture Shock Fanwork v0.35
with MurrayMods Walkthrough Mod

Download

Kadajko

Oct 28, 2021
I just checked multiple paths and I am very pleasantly surprised, finally some NTR that makes actual sense and choices matter. If you are on sisters path:

Screenshot 2024-05-24 024225.png Screenshot 2024-05-24 024252.png

And this is if you select the ''wrong'' choice and don't help her out yourself.

I hate it when in other games that have NTR it is like - ''oops I didn't help her lift a bar this once and now she is instantly fucking someone else in the locker room, even though before I selected all the right choices that would bring us closer.''

For reference if you are NOT on her path and she is interested in Marcus:
Screenshot 2024-05-24 024939.png

This along with all the forced sex content being removed makes the game amazing.

CutieLvr

Engaged Member
Jun 3, 2020
IMO there can be nothing hotter than a hot Mom when it comes to sex. Unless, you can get double-teamed by Mom and Auntie who happen to be twins. Or, double-teamed by Mom and your little hot Sis. So, I picked Mom, Tracy in the poll.

Gman8929

Mar 6, 2018
I did make the scene avoidable even as a beta (so the sister can stay loyal all the way to the bitter end), but it should trigger if you let Marcus spot for her. He does it automatically if they hooked up in Day 10.

It’s possible it’s a bug for the NTR toggle. The only logic wrapped around the scene is the toggle and whether you’re dating the sister. Can one of you try rewinding to a place way before making the choice or before Marcus volunteers to help her, then enabling the NTR toggle off, then on?

If that doesn’t work, there is a Print Debug Log button a few places under the Save button. If you click on it, it should create a text file in your game directory with a sequence. Direct message me it so I can take a look at your choice order.

I’m predicting that there will probably be more new beta stuff than alpha stuff, but definitely will be new alpha stuff.

Im still having the same issue on MAC. I got the scene where Sunny and Marcus kiss in her room. Then at the gym they go off together but I dont see a scene. The toggle is on.

Palos69

Game Developer
Feb 8, 2021
Im still having the same issue on MAC. I got the scene where Sunny and Marcus kiss in her room. Then at the gym they go off together but I dont see a scene. The toggle is on.
Can you post or direct message me a save file?

4.00 star(s) 2 Votes