RPGM Cursed Armor II [v5.90] [Wolfzq]

3.20 star(s) 12 Votes

tyrrandae

Aug 7, 2017
I'm not an expert in laws by any means, especially outside my country but the deal with this stuff in japan is basically that it falls under "fair use" as "parodies". And they're not a big enough deal for the original authors to go after them. There's no money to be made that way.
That's exactly what doesn't make sense though. How is making an entire game with using using basically only content from another copyright perfectly lawful. But you put a costume on a unique character, and it's the most heinous thing you can do that people want to witch hunt you for it? It still just doesn't make sense.

alexpal

Jul 11, 2018
stupid question
in the game when you unlock a title do you get new skill or change for the character ? or nothing change and don't affect the game in any aspect ?

Big Jeff

Oct 18, 2017
Is this the guy that hired the English translator or is this a community thing? Because I'm glad this is getting a translation. Playing games that aren't in English is usually a chore.

Reactions: DarkLizerd

wolfzq

Jul 18, 2018
There will be more Yuri stuff :), and as to the scat, sorry but in current version you can only use the skip key which is C to fast forward the scene, I might add a warnning function in the latter updates.
@deltahalo241 @Loqic

Reactions: Asuminoya

ChaoticSky

May 23, 2018
This seems like fun, but it really badly needs a more robust translation. If it had a proper one, I'd patreon the fuck out of it, but paying money for a game i can barely understand is very... :confused:

monkgi

Sep 25, 2017
I'm sorry to bring back up the copyright stuff, but what content, besides the costumes/outfits, were copied? (Again, I didn't play the first game.)

I want to just point out that YOU CAN NOT copyright an idea or concept. For instance: main character is a Nun who wears a heart necklace. This is a concept and IS NOT protected by copyright law.

YOU CAN copyright an expression of an Idea/concept. For instance (with example above): A nun who was raised as an orphan, becomes a hunter of demons and learns that she herself was born half-demon.

With that said, outfits and costumes ARE NOT protected by copyright law, no matter how unique and intricate they are, because they are CONCEPTS.

As a final thought, I would just like to say, This is NOT proper legal advice.

Ravellon

Jan 17, 2018
But there are still a number of circles on DLsite which profit from copyright works, one of the best examples I can come up with is , which makes Mahjong games with characters from quite a few popular copyrighted materials. And there are a few more that i can't remember off the top of my head. How are these circles able to make profits from these games without people complaining about them?

Either way I thank you for your explanation. I'm just not overall sure what the issue is if the copyright holders are not actively telling him to cease his work or remove it, why should non-copyright holders care? I just can't agree with coming down on him when other circles do the same thing. But I still thank you for your detailed explanation.
They can do it because they were not told to stop. Yet. At any moment they can be told to and they won't be able to do anything about it.
In case of Patreon that would mean forced removal of the game if he's lucky and shut down of his Patreon if he's not. So he places himself on the mercy of every publisher whose property he used.
The strike down may never happen. Or it may happen tomorrow. It is completely out of his control. Which is not a very good long term plan.

I'm sorry to bring back up the copyright stuff, but what content, besides the costumes/outfits, were copied? (Again, I didn't play the first game.)

I want to just point out that YOU CAN NOT copyright an idea or concept. For instance: main character is a Nun who wears a heart necklace. This is a concept and IS NOT protected by copyright law.

YOU CAN copyright an expression of an Idea/concept. For instance (with example above): A nun who was raised as an orphan, becomes a hunter of demons and learns that she herself was born half-demon.

With that said, outfits and costumes ARE NOT protected by copyright law, no matter how unique and intricate they are, because they are CONCEPTS.

As a final thought, I would just like to say, This is NOT proper legal advice.
Taimanin Asagi owned by Lilith, for example. The character likeness is in fact a copyrighted material. You can get away with it if it's just a character that looks like Asagi but is not in fact Asagi in the story itself. But if it is just a costume with no bearing on the story at all then there is no "it's transformative" or "it's a parody" defense to hide behind.

The nun example is a bad example because the concept of a nun is ancient and belongs to no one.
However a nun with a very particular garb, face and hair to a point where it is obviously the nun and not a nun is a different matter.

gayasfuck

Jul 29, 2018
can anyone help ,this game is so laggy on my laptop but other gamesr fine . It crashes everytime during the first conversation and laggy as hell. is there a problem?

xVekx

Aug 6, 2018
Run game on linux (test LinuxMint18.3)

1)cd CA2
2)sudo apt install npm nodejs-legacy
3)sudo npm cache clean
4)npm install nw
5)node_modules/.bin/nw .

need patch rpg_managers.js (bug fun encodeURIComponent)

patch rpg_managers.js -i rpg_managers.txt -o rpg_managers_fix.js

Example
var path;
if(window.navigator.appVersion.indexOf("Linux") == -1) {
path = folder + encodeURIComponent(filename) + '.png';
} else {
path = folder + filename + '.png';
}

Nariz

Jan 2, 2018
I get the "there's something I haven't done yet" that won't go away when I try to sleep on day 8 and I've talked to everyone in the castle, anybody know the way forward?

souldead341

Engaged Member
Oct 16, 2017
I get the "there's something I haven't done yet" that won't go away when I try to sleep on day 8 and I've talked to everyone in the castle, anybody know the way forward?
For the several dozenth time for the initial release, that's the end of the current content.

LEET

May 29, 2017
Well if I can give my two cents. If you are too similar to the copyrighted material, you will be hit with a DMCA. But cosplay/costume isn't that big of a deal since they would also have to deal with real life cosplayers that sell image sets of them stripping on patreon. Or dealing with the fandom with their doujins and comics. For instance, that Atelier hrpg was taken down for being too similar, but hrpg games that simply include their costumes may not.

Jun 11, 2018
Considering how Cursed Armor 1 went with the Patreon Paywall and EA-esque behaviour in addition to WolfZQ's multiple accounts he made on this forum, I'd be very careful with this one. I'm expecting much worse than just a paywall this time (I won't list the possibilities as to not give any ideas).

I'm just going to re-quote what I said in the Cursed Armor 1 thread that seemed to have a struck a chord with a lot of the people who played the original game and dealt with WolfZQ's bullshit:

Based on the grammar it seems like wolfzq made a new account to yell at us for his parasitic, money-grabbing behaviour.

Get your shit together, mate. If it was worth the money, more people would be paying for it. I downloaded Makina for free and since I really ended up liking it I donated because I thought the devs & artist(s) deserved money for the quality and effort they put in it. That contrasts from say, Cursed Armor because as many patrons on this thread have said: paying for something that wasn't even complete? You'd do great at EA.
Since WolfZQ does read these forums, and you've replied to some people on a more main-y account, that's my main advice. My second point is to actually complete the game if you expect anybody to willingly give you any money and that includes the translation. The false claim that the game was 100% translated was utter bullshit, that castle/kingdom north of Anvil city isn't even accessible even though it's supposed to be in 2.0+ version of the game (for other readers I'm not talking about Cursed Armor 2 here, I mean version 2.0+ of Cursed Armor 1, of which 2.0.1 is on f95zone).

I'm not a lawyer and don't know too much about copyright laws so I won't comment on the art stuff.

wolfzq

Jul 18, 2018
Considering how Cursed Armor 1 went with the Patreon Paywall and EA-esque behaviour in addition to WolfZQ's multiple accounts he made on this forum, I'd be very careful with this one. I'm expecting much worse than just a paywall this time (I won't list the possibilities as to not give any ideas).

I'm just going to re-quote what I said in the Cursed Armor 1 thread that seemed to have a struck a chord with a lot of the people who played the original game and dealt with WolfZQ's bullshit:

Since WolfZQ does read these forums, and you've replied to some people on a more main-y account, that's my main advice. My second point is to actually complete the game if you expect anybody to willingly give you any money and that includes the translation. The false claim that the game was 100% translated was utter bullshit, that castle/kingdom north of Anvil city isn't even accessible even though it's supposed to be in 2.0+ version of the game (for other readers I'm not talking about Cursed Armor 2 here, I mean version 2.0+ of Cursed Armor 1, of which 2.0.1 is on f95zone).

I'm not a lawyer and don't know too much about copyright laws so I won't comment on the art stuff.
This is the only account I made on this forum. I never left any comments here before this account.
I really can't emphasize this enough, the trans is under re-translating.
The game(if you meant CA I) was finished long time ago, that castle was set as where the CA II's story starts, it's not supposed to be enterable in CA I. I assume you have gotten the non - free version from here, so why don't you play it more throughly before criticism, thank you :)
CA II will only get better, wish it can change your mind about my works.

Reactions: Malphasxx
Jun 11, 2018
This is the only account I made on this forum. I never left any comments here before this account.
I doubt that, but sure, I'll give that a pass.

I really can't emphasize this enough, the trans is under re-translating.
And why was this necessary?

The game(if you meant CA I) was finished long time ago, that castle was set as where the CA II's story starts, it's not supposed to be enterable in CA I. I assume you have gotten the non - free version from here, so why don't you play it more throughly before criticism, thank you :)
I've gotten every ending and defeated every boss from Beryl to the Wolf God legitimately, and as others have noted, it was a significant grind of doing the same thing over and over again without any "progress" dialog (i.e.: dialog that changes to let you know something's happening).

So sure, you can say I haven't played it enough and maybe I haven't despite having all endings unlocked, but others have said the same thing about the repetitive constant and lack of progress-noting grind in the original thread along with this one so it's not just me.

CA II will only get better, wish it can change your mind about my works.
I sincerely hope for this too.

Salminar

Aug 26, 2018
This CA2 is heavy because it's the version 1 edited (most things erased). So you have all the maps characters that are still stored from the 1rst on. (I did play a bit with the cheat and could trigger the 1rst game ending with sofia that turn to liliana before being absorbed by the demon before it crashed).
So don't expect much content so far. But you can see the direction the game want to go at least.

For the rest. I enjoyed a lot CA before being heavily turned off. As a suscriber i gave money for a very long time to have slow updates tons of bugs and no translations, so i stopped. (And the mail spam harassment from the author each time a release was leaked hit my nerves too). Now that CA is in ver2.01 and 100% translated i try to play it again and hell, there are still tons of things not translated at all, not even speaking of the quality of the translation in english (sometime you need to read 3 time to understand what it means ...) Plus the game became so heavily repetitive once you reach magical college and an ending you can get only when you farmed the game a few time doing all the quests. That's definitely killing all the fun for me.

So a year ago i would have been really excited by this CA2, right now i must say i will wait. CA1 is going to be released on steam as i saw, i guess the sequel will have the same fate so i will check updates and wait for the final version after reviews if it worth it. But for now, starting a sequel with a first game unfinished (to my opinion) is not something i enjoy a lot and it makes me think i'll get the same painful experience if i expect too much from this game.

3.20 star(s) 12 Votes