2.20 star(s) 13 Votes

Rewdo06

Feb 6, 2023
Marice has this problem, I don't know what it has to do with, I redid all her code, but it still disappears for a lot of people. You didn't hacked the game?
I tested the game many times and it has never disappeared for me.
I have the same problem with marice, is it meaby the order on takes the towers that makes that happen?
Like in my case i did the ice Tower last, she was my last girl to get.

WolfLord2587

Sep 21, 2022
FriendlyDave i tried the code but did not work did they update it or did I some how put it in wrong even though or is this code for the mobile version and not pc pls let me know .

Spirox

Jun 15, 2018
when I play this game I dont have any sound at all :cry:

Edit: NVM there is no sound before the rain my bad. I hate win eleven...

Last edited:

Sonnillon

Dec 1, 2018
My two cents; as I had a doubious 'pleasure' of playing this game recently.

Frankly - I wish you from the bottom of my heart that the second game you are making will have SOME thought put into the mechanics, as the first one suffers from what can only be called 'lack of thought in game design process'.

More specifically - it suffers from massive identity crisis. It cannot decide whether it wants to be real time, visual novel or turn-based game.

As you might have realized - the survival aspect of this game is insanely ill conveived. Why? Simply because it is not internally consistent. Let me explain.

Chat with characters is in visual-novel style, slow, steady and in some cases - can be even reasonably long.
Combat is done in turn based form. If you do not attack yourself the enemy will not attack you.
And in meantime the hunger mechanics, curse damage mechanics and energy are ALL real time.

Think of it this way - two men are supposedly in battle... and one is waiting for the other to die of poison. Would that be good idea according to You? The only reason it does not happen is that MC is the only one who can decide WHEN to act.

In essence - you can trivially make a main character die from hunger right after you leave conversation.

Your core argument is 'you wanted to make it harder'. The problem here is - the game is NOT hard. It's tedious. Gathering food is not difficult, it's just tedious going back to top-right of the map, and dumping 50 gold per piece of bread [most efficient when it comes to gold:hunger ratio] to the shopkeeper (or earlier on - finding a random encounter and dumping a ton of gold onto that guy for bread).

The curse itself is also more of a hassle than it is a mechanical challenge - You simply have to run back to the castle.
Sounds fine? What if I told you this forced mechanics shows complete retardation of the MC and all heroines? Remember the spell MC learns? The summoning spell that one can use even multiple times per battle? There was no indication that it is only short time spell, and there is no reason why it couldn't be used for... well.. for lack of a better term 'booty call'. Especially as it costs energy. Which frankly isn't much of a limitier either; Simply yet another element in massive tedium this game is.

Want survival mechanics? All the power to you, make them WORK within the rest of mechanics rather than mixing the styles between different subsystems. Being CONSISTENT is the key here. Want real time survival? MAKE IT SO rather than rely on turn-based movement, make it so that movement on the world map is also real time;

Want the mechanics to be meaningful? MAKE THEM meaningful. Killing a random wolf by walking there and back SHOULD NOT be able to feed you for days, if hunger is to be anything more meaningful than just additional pointless and threatless busywork.

The ONLY times when I died due to starvation was in 2 elements: When I kept the game running when going to the toilet during a conversation, and when I simply didn't notice it's already 'that time' to be bothered by further clicking of inventory -> scroll down to bread -> tripple click on the bread, reducing at one point the count from 66 to 63.

Otherwise you do not get 'hard' game, you get annoying/frustrating and tedious game. Rather than difficult you get fake difficulty where the difficulty does not come from actually being hard, but becomes issue of persistence and grind (nearly all battles can be resolved by throwing more money on the enemies, though mostly in form of generally available items).

Ironically it seems there are some plot point elements that could have been used as a justification for making 'permadeath' system for a character, where especially first character would have very high chance of dying, while his legacy would continue in another one. After all there are multiple implications of previous overlords. Forcing player to learn how to survive through TRULY difficult environment would be much better option than just to add tedium of clicking to otherwise bland mechanics.

And the lack of consistency is shown through the game really. When the merchant first implies his agenda you get no QTE, while the same merchant, less than 3 minutes later of real gametime can become QTE pushover. The difference? Just a talk with one of heroines. It's doubly jaring as later on you may actually get shot at in QTE, and still do it from get go.

On somewhat related note - I have to congratulate You. You are the first developer that made me feel weaker in mostly-linear game after level up than before a level up, which is especially jarring as the game itself is incredibly linear (and frankly - beyond looking 'where the dev might have put a specific character' there is little reason to do exploration in the first place, especially as there will be no reasons why specific characters should appear where they did. Forest near a goblin camp? Let's put a doctor there; Why should we bother putting her in as logical place as for example... I don't know... Near a major village/city, where she may be needed the most?) and follows none of the considerations for the open world games. What do I mean by that? Any enemy can virtually appear anywhere else, there are no areas which by lore or mechanics would be 'harder' or 'easier', with no lore-based reason why enemies of specific kind would appear more in some areas than others. Perhaps adding some sphere of influence around the major plot areas would help, for example - ice themes enemies to frozen wastelands near ice tower. It is especially notable, as even mostly linear pokemon games from 1996 got area based enemy spawn better.

In short - the current mechanics rather than interesting seem to borrow far too much from mobile pseudo-free and old-style mmos, where progression is based solely on grind and tedium of simple and all things considered - irrelevant mechanics, rather than making those mechanics meaningful. I can only hope that CO2 will be better than that and stop being basically 'Tedium with some h-pics: the game'. And this is coming from a guy who loves tedious games such as e.g. Aurora4x.

And yes, if you are asking if I would compare the complexity of survival mechanics in CO to just some random clicker game than I'd say 'abso-fucking-lutely'. In fact - I would be willing to claim I know of idle games which have better survival mechanics than CO; At least they were consistent with rest of the game.

And just for the record - do You know why all of it is so jarring? Imagine playing Call of Duty, preferably on multiplayer, and suddenly when one player needs to reload ALL players get a sudden match-three game to check if they can shoot the guy in the face... and then one of them dies of hunger because he didn't eat one more 1-ingame-cent worth piece of bread and lost 50% of the game rewards that are around 1000 in-game dollars.

P.S. As per always-real-time eating - Let me put it this way - If game mechanics ACTIVELY DISCOURAGE player from READING the story, and ACTIVELY ENCOURAGE SKIPPING the story, either drop all pretense this game has a story and remove it, or fix the mechanics to allow player to read through the story at their own pace. Otherwise it is akin to a book that actively encourages reader to use it as a toilet paper rather than a book.

And yes - I AM aware it was INTENTIONAL. What I am saying that INTENTIONAL does NOT necessarily mean it's a GOOD or even passable idea.

Nonetheless I wish you once again luck with your second game.

Last edited:

Zeca Suez

Jun 26, 2018
God damned Ice mage. Did anyone figure out any fix for Marice not getting added to the list of love interests for the MC and disappearing when asked to come to the tavern ?
I have mostly everything else done. Don't want to make another playthrough just hoping she doesn't get bugged again.

Reactions: VINDETTA 23333
2.20 star(s) 13 Votes