Alicja Erberg

Jun 28, 2017
anyone know what Maelion said in his post today?
Development news COL/CYB

Hi there !

This past week I've been working on COL by unveiling pentagrams and opening on Lerid.

At this stage :

The plot with Pollux is complete.

Another plot offering an alternative ending is complete

A scene that can be rehearsed near the Pollux manor is complete

Under development :

Three new scenes with the return of Simon notably are being in progress

I'm adding right now small pentagrammatic events to see how the population perceives Sylia

I'm making new poses (over 100 cg's for now and going)

COL.jpg

On the Cyberslayers side :

All the part concerning Kassiah has been resumed, the gameplay has been completely revised to integrate a Pure / Deviant aspect. Dialogues have been revised and some scenes have been moved or will be moved very soon for scriptwriting reasons.

It doesn't seem like much but you'll be able to see the first fights and animations with Kassiah, it's in my opinion an excellent introduction for the real 0.2 gameplay.

Skills for Aline have been revised to add Deviance / Indecency / Sex Doll states.

Aline will have her own form of slow corruption / Kassiah will have her own form of corruption

You can corrupt one or both and interactions will be different with each other.

In my opinion, this could be a very interesting approach on corruption you don't see that often in other games.

Coming soon: Aline and her first day as Policewoman / Slayer, new encounters and more free roaming.

cyber1.jpg

cyber2.jpg

Planned releases :

COL : End of January version 0.6.2

CYB : End of February version 0.2

I admit that I don't post very often lately but I like to inform you about things in place and in project in a realistic way. I hope you like this post, don't hesitate to like it to show that you follow my progress in the shadow.

See you soon!

MemesAreLife

Feb 23, 2018
Hi, this post is supposed to be for my patrons... -_-
You'll get informations in time. You should support me if you want those news.
I would support but need to save money since i'm shipping out soon; wish there was more constant updates

ai_ah

Aug 19, 2017
I would support but need to save money since i'm shipping out soon; wish there was more constant updates
That's a little short-sighted, no?
"I can't support you but I wish you gave me more".
Sounds like a toxic relationship I had with an ex :LOL:

I'm just happy to have something good to play. Take your time with the updates. Make sure it's something you enjoy doing!

MemesAreLife

Feb 23, 2018
That's a little short-sighted, no?
"I can't support you but I wish you gave me more".
Sounds like a toxic relationship I had with an ex :LOL:

I'm just happy to have something good to play. Take your time with the updates. Make sure it's something you enjoy doing!
funny lol, unfortunately i will only be making ~2k a month, i can't really afford to have extra payments other than my car insurance, But i do have full intention of backing their patron

ai_ah

Aug 19, 2017
funny lol, unfortunately i will only be making ~2k a month, i can't really afford to have extra payments other than my car insurance, But i do have full intention of backing their patron
I'm not going to comment on someone's financial situation as that's none of my business and during these hard times I understand financial constraints.
I'm not sure what currency you are using but I make far less than $2k/€2k a month (like almost half that after tax) and don't own a car, barely keep up with rent and food while living alone. I hope one day I can make that kind of money, you seem like you're in a very good situation.
If I was in a better situation I would spare the $2-5 a month to support Maelion's Patreon coz I have enjoyed both of their games but that would be me supporting him out of choice and still wouldn't prompt me to make snarky comments (or what sounded like that to me) towards them about more updates and such. I am sure they have their own personal life, like all of do, to deal with as well.

Anyways good luck with your deployment.

And I am sure all of us would love updates every day but that's unrealistic, maybe in an ideal world lol Any update when they come is always appreciated and sometimes you gotta take the time to make a piece of art, can't be rushed ;)

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
This game is like CoL that winning certain battles (or anything else) gives you arrogance that ends in scenes where the MC is punished for it?

Aiden

Oct 1, 2016
Hey Maelion , I just wanted to say that even tho im not a supporter, i really liked CoL ,i think its the best female protagonist rpg game, it has so much content, and the best for me : choices.

This is why i really look forward to see what cyberslayers has to offer, hopefully i can support you someday but im really glad this game exist, keep up the good work :)

Seamonkey

Oct 24, 2017
Theres a patreon post about the status of the 0.2 version of the game so it is likely that its release isn't imminent. Just in case anyone was confused as the previous schedule for its release was the end of feb.

Aiden

Oct 1, 2016
Theres a patreon post about the status of the 0.2 version of the game so it is likely that its release isn't imminent. Just in case anyone was confused as the previous schedule for its release was the end of feb.
Yeah i saw that, thanks for the info !

terirheken

Jan 7, 2019
Hi, this post is supposed to be for my patrons... -_-
You'll get informations in time. You should support me if you want those news.
Why do you (and many other devs) keep news hidden behind a paywall?
I do understand to keep latest update and maybe some extra content for Patrons etc.
But for the life of me I never understood why any dev would keep update news hidden.
Those update news if kept up to date and continously going on actually are a big part of what makes me decide to back a dev as I don't wanna back a dev that goes awol at version 0.2 of their game. And I won't pay money just to find out that there is nothing more.
So in my opinion update news are as well appetizers that attract new backers.

Just to be clear to avoid any snarky comments from anyone, I'd really like to understand why there are so many devs hiding simple update news behind paywall. The way I see it is if there is something in the news that peaks my interest I would be more inclined to back to get my hands on the update.

ai_ah

Aug 19, 2017
Why do you (and many other devs) keep news hidden behind a paywall?
I do understand to keep latest update and maybe some extra content for Patrons etc.
But for the life of me I never understood why any dev would keep update news hidden.
Those update news if kept up to date and continously going on actually are a big part of what makes me decide to back a dev as I don't wanna back a dev that goes awol at version 0.2 of their game. And I won't pay money just to find out that there is nothing more.
So in my opinion update news are as well appetizers that attract new backers.

Just to be clear to avoid any snarky comments from anyone, I'd really like to understand why there are so many devs hiding simple update news behind paywall. The way I see it is if there is something in the news that peaks my interest I would be more inclined to back to get my hands on the update.
Well, apply that same methodology to food.
Would you not buy a cookie from the baker if they did not explained to you the ingredients they put into it?

Imagine they came out with Version 2 of this cookie now, do you need to know what improvements they have made to the cookie to buy it? This is a very simple answer but this can apply to any product or company.
I personally am not a fan of paywalls but I understand why they exist and why people need them.

Would you spend hundreds of hours developing a game for free if no one was interesting in the game or backing your project? Meanwhile your rent is over due, living of ramen, bills piling up, etc but since no one is backing the project, you have to stop working on this and get another job to pay bills etc and your game dies then and there coz there was no interest or financial interest in the game/project. Even huge companies like EA or Ubi take on investment from somewhere to work and develop on a game and pay staff.

I can't speak for every developer out there and why they do what they do but it's very easy to understand reasons why. Personally, if I was to full time developing a game and did not have finances backing me or the game, I would not survive and nor would the game.

In your opinion "update news are as well appetizers that attract new backers." Seems a little short sighted. Updates are what you get for your investment in something, you want to know your investment in someone or a project is being worked on and not being used for something else. Your appetizer was the Demo of the game, or version 1 of the game etc.
Much like for movies, you watch a trailer before purchasing a ticket to watch the movie in the cinema no? You have your demo before investing in the project.

I apologise for the lengthy post but I think we should get back onto the topic of this discussion, the game?
Personally I can't wait for the 0.2 update to come out. I'm not sure what the news was in the patreon but I have not paid for the information as others have so I'm okay with waiting for whatever it is. I hope Maelion is well at the very least!
Very excited for 0.2 I've not felt this happy about something since I first played COL tbh with you.

Good luck and stay safe.

Reactions: Aiden

terirheken

Jan 7, 2019
Well, apply that same methodology to food.
Would you not buy a cookie from the baker if they did not explained to you the ingredients they put into it?

Imagine they came out with Version 2 of this cookie now, do you need to know what improvements they have made to the cookie to buy it? This is a very simple answer but this can apply to any product or company.
I personally am not a fan of paywalls but I understand why they exist and why people need them.

Would you spend hundreds of hours developing a game for free if no one was interesting in the game or backing your project? Meanwhile your rent is over due, living of ramen, bills piling up, etc but since no one is backing the project, you have to stop working on this and get another job to pay bills etc and your game dies then and there coz there was no interest or financial interest in the game/project. Even huge companies like EA or Ubi take on investment from somewhere to work and develop on a game and pay staff.

I can't speak for every developer out there and why they do what they do but it's very easy to understand reasons why. Personally, if I was to full time developing a game and did not have finances backing me or the game, I would not survive and nor would the game.

In your opinion "update news are as well appetizers that attract new backers." Seems a little short sighted. Updates are what you get for your investment in something, you want to know your investment in someone or a project is being worked on and not being used for something else. Your appetizer was the Demo of the game, or version 1 of the game etc.
Much like for movies, you watch a trailer before purchasing a ticket to watch the movie in the cinema no? You have your demo before investing in the project.

I apologise for the lengthy post but I think we should get back onto the topic of this discussion, the game?
Personally I can't wait for the 0.2 update to come out. I'm not sure what the news was in the patreon but I have not paid for the information as others have so I'm okay with waiting for whatever it is. I hope Maelion is well at the very least!
Very excited for 0.2 I've not felt this happy about something since I first played COL tbh with you.

Good luck and stay safe.
Well yes indeed I ask the baker what are the ingredients of the food they offer but that is not the point here.
For me the update news is more like the big advertisement outside the shop that says "today we have special holiday cake with xxx filling"
Without that sign I would just walk by, if what#s written on the sign seems interesting I will have a looksie ;)

Very simple marketing.

BTW this question was directed at the dev, not at you. I don't wanna start some stupid page long discussion thread.
If the dev says "well we do it because we want to do it that way" or "we do it for xxx reason" I'm fine with that but then they might only see a dime from me once the game might be complete or not at all if my attention is elsewhere already.

Maelion

Game Developer
Sep 10, 2017
Hi,
This is a way for me to reward people spending money to support me. Updates don't last very long as I share them in the release update post (and changelog) . To be honest I'm not a pro at paywall things and I don't see that as "you pay, you have info..." but "you support me, this is the status of the game". People following me don't wait for bonus but only a good game, I don't give them so much between updates so this is the least I can do.
Like I said, this information is not hidden for a long time. Moreover, if you go check my page you can see that there are free posts from time to time and my discord has a #wip thread constantly updated (at least once a week since end of february) free for everybody. You just have to be interested a bit more than any other game and join a discord. Anyway the release for 0.2 for everyone is early april. I do a large post each update free to everybody about what you can expect, so if you don't want/can't support me, wait the 0.2 to have a better opinion.

Now about Cyberslayers 0.2, the project is growing and going in the right direction. I don't have major bugs. I really liked some new characters and events I've done those past weeks. I think this project is a good mix with novel and rpg elements.

subway17.png

4.60 star(s) 73 Votes