Cycle Of Life And Sex [v0.1C] Discussion

ChillyScholar

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Oct 2, 2017
I'm finishing up some coding right now, just to make sure I don't end up soft-locking anyone

ChillyScholar

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Oct 2, 2017
Stiletto Transformers Animated.png

Sprites of Stella Healy/Stiletto from the Transformers Animated comic book series, I currently have the show on in the background as I work on things

ChillyScholar

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Oct 2, 2017
Queen of the Black Puddle.png

Sprites of the Queen of the Black Puddle from the Courage The Cowardly Dog episode of the same name. I made sure to include a version of her in her dodge ball outfit without her regular outfit over it, because the way the original show had it set up was just silly.

ChillyScholar

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Oct 2, 2017
Cycle Update:
So I coded in those Halo boss fights and I just finished coding it in so that every enemy that you can face in the game so far can be fought in the Memory Room.

ChillyScholar

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Oct 2, 2017
Since I'm close to finishing this mini-update I have a question to ask, should Gotham be a city where every outside location has random encounters or should I limit it to alleys and the like? I ask this specifically of Gotham since stereotypically it is a place with danger around every corner.

ChillyScholar

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Oct 2, 2017
I'm almost done coding in and testing out all the Katana stuff, expect the Cycle mini-update tomorrow, for reals this time

Deleted member 1066026

Dec 6, 2018
Since I'm close to finishing this mini-update I have a question to ask, should Gotham be a city where every outside location has random encounters or should I limit it to alleys and the like? I ask this specifically of Gotham since stereotypically it is a place with danger around every corner.
I guess the alleys, it would be more like a mini-game and plus, less chance to annoy people

ChillyScholar

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Oct 2, 2017
Cycle Update:
Okay, so I finished testing everything out. I just need to finish making 3 more sets of dialogue and write down a quick walkthrough before I can post the mini-update. I still need to make some sprites for some of the areas you visit, but I'll do those later.

ChillyScholar

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Oct 2, 2017
1641608968322.png

I was too tired after finishing the walkthroughs to finish up those last few dialogue files so things are happening now!

ChillyScholar

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Oct 2, 2017
It is !

So this isn't the full completed proof of concept/demo release, this is a release that I was forced to make because of issues I was having with my computer (the issues have been resolved but I felt the need to release the update regardless).

This releases includes over an hour of additional regular in game content from the last release, the missing frames from the last release, and probably over 100 new scenes (most only accessible in the Test Room unfortunately). According to my save there is about an hour and 40 minutes of regular gameplay in total, but I realized that I was missing a few scenes on that save so it might actually be 2 hours of gameplay in total (plus I did cheat a few times during testing to get things done faster). There are several walkthrough files in the help folder that will tell you how to gain access to all the scenes available during normal gameplay as well as telling you exactly what you need to do in order to progress through the game's story.

I've noticed a new kinda huge bug, or feature depending on how you see it, while working on the bug. You see for whatever reason when viewing scenes in the Test or Memory Room you gain the variables associated with the scenes in question, whereas you wouldn't gain them before. I'm not sure what caused this issue, I just noticed it while testing everything out. This issue/bug/feature can help when using it to quickly get scene variable requirements that needed for new scenes, but can also mess up the coding for events/cutscenes that use these variables to activate. So if you simply wish to view scenes in those rooms then I'd suggest saving beforehand and then loading that save up when you want to continue going through normal gameplay.

ATTENTION: WHEN YOU FINISH THE PROOF OF CONCEPT YOU WILL LOSE ACCESS TO HARLEY'S, IVY'S, TATSU'S (KATANA'S), AND OLIVIA'S (ALL-STAR'S) ROOMS!
I SUGGEST USING THE WALKTHROUGH TO UNLOCK THEIR SCENES BEFOREHAND!

Please make sure to read the "READ FIRST" text document as well as the documents in the Help folder for more information about the game. Feel free to report any attention bugs that you come across. And feel free to make any suggestions or scene edits as well.

As I did with my releases for the Urban Demons mod, I will include gifs of Cycle's scenes in a spoiler. However I will only include gifs of scenes unlocked during normal gameplay, and only the ones that are gained without the use of cheating!

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.