Unity Abandoned Cyra's Cove [Demo v1.0] [SuperPureBros]

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Paitryn

Mar 10, 2017
The term "vanilla" is pretty subjective nowadays, but in that case I hope this game has more than just missionary positions.
True. Vanilla could very well mean everything up to and including anal these days. Heck even IRL its not hard to convince a girl to give a titfuck, back in the 90s you would've been seen as a complete freak for asking.

Reactions: Ginz01 and PureGuy

KingsRaiden

Engaged Member
Jan 4, 2017
To try to simplify it - the game will shoot for positive, funny and lighthearted, but it will shoot for high kink as well. If we have to choose we're sticking with positive, but with luck we'll pull off a very nice sweet spot between the two goals and get the best of both.
A few J-Games get this balance right, with degenerate sex of all kinds and yet there is still a light hearted feel about most of it. Melty Quest, I just recently played had this about right. Could be monster sex, or an afternoon of glory hole action and yet the main character was still light hearted, bubbly and ready to lend a hand to the next person she met. So you should be able to handle this just as well.

Congrats on the game, and looks very promising. I like the art and the bar scenes with her bending over, well done. Just what I like to see in my female bartenders.

Reactions: PureGuy

IAmTerror

May 28, 2017
The Dev's measured and enlightening responses have me SO goddamn excited for a game that doesn't read like a drunken google translate fever dream. Oh my god you have no idea how much of a relief it is to see a refreshingly illustrated game with a quirky concept that I can actually read. Definitely keeping up with this one.

Reactions: PureGuy and ponyguy

PureGuy

Game Developer
Nov 3, 2017
A few J-Games get this balance right, with degenerate sex of all kinds and yet there is still a light hearted feel about most of it. Melty Quest, I just recently played had this about right.
Melty Quest is definitely getting on my radar - games like that are what Cyra's Cove drew inspiration from, specifically Virgin Island. That game opened me up to the femMC genre and made me fall so much in love with it. It got a bit dark at times, but the general tone was really right for me and the option for a pure run seemed really novel. Personally I try to seek out these games with a good positive+hi-kinky combo for the best eroge experience. If you or anyone else can think of other similar games in english, please don't hesitate to throw them my way - I'd want to study them for the sake of reference. FemMC games take precedence, but anything goes really.

Can't wait to see how this develops.
You and me both, there are so many scenes I want to get in that it's killing me.

The Dev's measured and enlightening responses have me SO goddamn excited for a game that doesn't read like a drunken google translate fever dream. Oh my god you have no idea how much of a relief it is to see a refreshingly illustrated game with a quirky concept that I can actually read.
Wow, thanks, don't know what to say. I'm really relieved to see a comment like this because I'm particularly worried about the writing. English is not my native language so I just try hard to get things to sound right by putting the writing under a lot of scrutiny.I just couldn't do it as much as I wanted to with the demo's writing due to all the tasks that I have to manage, so I expected to get flamed about it more. I'll still work hard to improve it but those words are really encouraging so thanks.

Similar situation with the art, although less severe - thanks to everyone who's been complimenting it.

tsukiouji

Jul 21, 2017
Looks like this one will probably be fun; is there anything more than the shower, groping, and post-work bathroom bits yet?

anschwww

May 10, 2017
Latest Version - Demo 1.2
Release Date: 11/12/2017
Update Summary:
Quick update to iron out some basic kinks.
  • Cyra speed slider in options (go at your own pace!)
  • Skip improvements
  • Mouse control
  • Full screen at all resolutions
  • Credits
Download:

9thCrux

--Waifu maker--
Game Developer
Oct 22, 2017
I'm afraid that's a negative - game will be mostly sticking to vanilla stuff.
Group sex, Exhibitionism, Moral Degeneration, Armpit and Foot fetish, Prostitution are not vanilla stuff, that is what makes her come out as a bitch. This game have plenty of fetishes but I guess some people is not happy until they see real crazy shit.

In this context people usually uses the term "bitch" to refer to a slut, a whore, a degenerated, a pervert.
In a everyday setup most people say "bitch" when they're talking about an annoying and whining female.

Excuse my French :closedeyesmile:

Edit:
Yeah, prostitution and group sex...
Not my thing at all, I'll pass on this one.

Last edited:

KingsRaiden

Engaged Member
Jan 4, 2017
FYI guys have just closed patreon, game was abandoned
This is why I don't get too excited for alpha games.

Looking around earlier for a reason I didn't see much, but there doesn't seem to be much communication from the authors after November.

PureGuy

Game Developer
Nov 3, 2017
Rekt

As you guys are already aware, the game is unfortunately discontinued.
The project was full of internal drama and difficulties and the problems only intensified after releasing, to the point where I decided to break it off instead of stringing people along for a troubled ride. I'm afraid It was extremely likely that the game would eventually meet a similar end even if I hadn't. As far as reasons go, there were a ton.We had lot of creative differences and my irl situation was always quite shitty to name a few. Thus the project strayed further and further into unsustainable territory.

Regardless of circumstance I'm far from innocent in the matter as I'm quite the amateur in game development and I still jumped in half cocked to make something overly ambitious as per the cliche. I wanted to make an idealized RPGmaker FeMC game liberated from the mechanical and visual constraints of RPGmaker. I made a lot of compromises towards that goal and this is the unfortunate result. At the end of the day, I take full responsibility for what happened. In hindsight, even under ideal circumstances I would have still struggled to pull this off well. Not giving up, but I guess it's going to be a slow route.

To any Patrons that are lurking around, sorry about the way we handled it. We ended up hastily dissolving the channel and patreon immediately after the team broke up, so we couldn't give you guys much of a heads-up. You can find all the art I made for the next update over + some derpy sketches for future stuff. I urge you to contact me at pureguyart@gmail.com for refunds - I never intended to scam anyone with the millionth vaporware patreon project. Feel free to write me up and shoot any complaints or questions my way.

Keep in mind that it's quite likely Cyra's Cove could yet live in some form. I'll be working on a smaller games and learning the ropes, but I want to eventually continue this project. I'll keep working on assets for it on the side, and I'm considering starting a series of captioned CG sets with Cyra's hijinks, along with those of game's secondary girls that never got made. Considering my current track record, I'd urge everyone to be skeptical towards supporting my upcoming shit, but do keep an eye out. As far as I'm concerned, what I make should always be available for free, and if it isn't I'd be happy to look the other way in case people want to help themselves to a torrent or mega.

To all patrons, fans, or skeptical onlookers, thanks you for the support and attention. Sorry I fucked up, but I'll try to make it right and pump out some good stuff.

(post redacted)

ponyguy

Engaged Member
Respected User
Feb 12, 2017
Rekt

As you guys are already aware, the game is unfortunately discontinued.
Me and coder-dude never really got along very well and there was a lot of internal drama and difficulties. Our mutual problems only intensified after releasing, to the point where I decided to break it off instead of stringing people along for a troubled ride. I'm afraid It was extremely likely that the game would eventually meet a similar end even if I hadn't.

As far as reasons go, there were a ton. One of the bigger ones was that I never had any definite control over our platforms like Patreon and Discord as per coder-bro's initial insistence. I didn't have final say over deadlines and strategy, despite the fact I was in charge of almost everything aside from coding. We had ton of differences, my irl situation was always quite shitty, and it looked like more coding might start to fall on my plate due to stuff on the coder's side. Thus the project strayed further and further into unsustainable territory.

I'm no saint in all of it, as I'm quite the amateur in game development and I jumped in half cocked to make something overly ambitious. I wanted to make an idealized RPGmaker FeMC game liberated from the mechanical and visual constraints of RPGmaker. I made a lot of compromises towards that goal and this is the unfortunate result. At the end of the day, I take full responsibility for what happened. In hindsight, even under ideal circumstances I would have still struggled to pull this off well. Not giving up, but I guess it's going to be a slow route.

To any Patrons that are lurking around, coder-dude dissolved the channel and patreon immediately after the team broke up, so we couldn't give you guys much of a heads-up. You can find all the art I made for the next update over + some derpy sketches for future stuff. I urge you to contact me at pureguyart@gmail.com for refunds - I never intended to scam anyone with the millionth vaporware patreon project. Feel free to write me up and shoot any complaints or questions my way.

Keep in mind that it's quite likely Cyra's Cove could yet live in some form. I'll be working on a smaller games and learning the ropes, but I want to eventually continue this project. I'll keep working on assets for it on the side, and I'm considering starting a series of captioned CG sets with Cyra's hijinks, along with those of game's secondary girls that never got made. Considering my current track record, I'd urge everyone to be skeptical towards supporting my upcoming shit, but do keep an eye out. As far as I'm concerned, what I make should always be available for free, and if it isn't I'd be happy to look the other way in case people want to help themselves to a torrent or mega.

To all patrons, fans, or skeptical onlookers, thanks you for the support and attention. Sorry I fucked up, but I'll try to make it right and pump out some good stuff.
Bummer. Sorry to hear that. :(
Wish you luck with whatever projects you have in the future. I'll be sure to keep an eye out.

Reactions: DLSmaster

KingsRaiden

Engaged Member
Jan 4, 2017
Too bad you ended up working with someone you can't stand, it's happened to me a few times, and when you sit down to do work and its just not giving you a good attitude you need to break it off. Maybe putting everything on hold until you get someone willing to take direction, if its your game and your idea you are the one who should be directing so overall if this guy was being a pain in the ass this would be the best decision.

Hopefully you can pick up more coding experience and bring this back, or work with someone who is willing to take the direction you set. Good luck.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote