oceanbobo4

Feb 12, 2021
Yeah some people for some reason can't or have no option to DM in the site, Idk why is the case but I'll do it anyway, maybe someone else might want ti too...

Yeah the sigs... go to the animation threads and look for a collection from "Spizzy", should be easy to find.
Wow. Are these signatures derived from clips from the Dsim game? This is next level!

I wonder if video clips from this game could be put in a VN format, for those of us who don't have the high end video resources to play the regular version?

This would be a way to expand the audience.

mugijos95

Jun 7, 2020
Wow. Are these signatures derived from clips from the Dsim game? This is next level!

I wonder if video clips from this game could be put in a VN format, for those of us who don't have the high end video resources to play the regular version?

This would be a way to expand the audience.
Uhmm you're half-right and half-wrong, those are signatures from animations but not from this game, those are Dead or Alive Characters, more specifically 3D renders of videos (about sigs DM me as it's not related to the thread, that's if anyone want the source). As for your question; Yes, it's entirely possible to turn video/clips into gif files, although I can't do it myself and I don't know a program to do it, all I've been told is that is possible (I mean... The sigs are made from animations xD).

Reactions: oceanbobo4

fdiscodude

Feb 19, 2018
I think that's a given on Unity games in general. The engine itself is quite resource demanding. A lot of the Unity games I follow here have the same issue.
That's unfortunate, I occasionally have issues but it's usually been half done or badly optimized games. Which I don't really expect when a game is "in progress" development wise. But I have noticed that unity games seem to chug on me when I least expect it. Most steam games I run on max, so this is quite a surprise. Especially since so many fun looking games are releasing on it these days.

.Sirene

Jul 24, 2022
I don't understand why every single time a 3D game is posted here, the typical crowd come in crying "ANDROID WEN" or "VN VERSION WEN" because they bought a high end rig back when Bush was still president...

Look, if you don't want to/can't afford to upgrade, what are you doing coming on a thread where you know full well that the game will not run on your Casio calculator. Either go upgrade or just filter 3D games out of your list on the search... Simple as that. Quit crying in the forum and turning the thread into self inflicted rage bait.

benisfug

Aug 18, 2018
The options menu is literally covered in warnings saying that certain features are unoptimized work in progress fps drains and people are still confused about it.

• Haha
Reactions: Astcit

mugijos95

Jun 7, 2020
That's unfortunate, I occasionally have issues but it's usually been half done or badly optimized games. Which I don't really expect when a game is "in progress" development wise. But I have noticed that unity games seem to chug on me when I least expect it. Most steam games I run on max, so this is quite a surprise. Especially since so many fun looking games are releasing on it these days.
To be fair, it's more so a byproduct of indie development rather than engine itself. Look I'm no game dev but I've been looking around for this exact same debate on UE vs Unity (and not considering the dumpsterfire UE5 is for now), overall yeah UE game tend to run smoother than Unity, and as far as I've seen it's due to Unity is a bit more messy and UE is very friendly to develop (one great example is a short FPS game released a few years back Bright Memory wich was developed by a zero experience 3D artist learning UE, and it was great for what it was, incredibly smooth). That said though, Unity CAN be light wieght and run smoothly too (big enfasis on "CAN"), but it genuinely requires more work on the optimization and use of resources that many single dev/small studio can't afford or know how, so you're technically right but not quite.

.Sirene

Jul 24, 2022
To be fair, it's more so a byproduct of indie development rather than engine itself. Look I'm no game dev but I've been looking around for this exact same debate on UE vs Unity (and not considering the dumpsterfire UE5 is for now), overall yeah UE game tend to run smoother than Unity, and as far as I've seen it's due to Unity is a bit more messy and UE is very friendly to develop (one great example is a short FPS game released a few years back Bright Memory wich was developed by a zero experience 3D artist learning UE, and it was great for what it was, incredibly smooth). That said though, Unity CAN be light wieght and run smoothly too (big enfasis on "CAN"), but it genuinely requires more work on the optimization and use of resources that many single dev/small studio can't afford or know how, so you're technically right but not quite.
You say UE is a dumpster fire and then in the same breath go on to praise it...

Unreal Engine is absolutely fantastic at being an engine. When used properly - it's far superior than anything out there. The key is that is needs to be in the right hands. Fact is, a lot of people bitch and moan about Unreal Engine because of how demanding they see games here, but UE5 can be an extremely powerful and lightweight engine at the same time - even being able to run games on handheld devices with a little optimization.

The fact is, new developers gravitate to Unreal Engine because of lighting, raytracing and overall an easier & better user experience. Others like Unity for the modification and ease of use. Both engines are great in their own right, but to suggest that UE is a dumpster fire is just absurd.

mugijos95

Jun 7, 2020
.Sirene You got me wrong in the very first line but I'll try to explain that part in specific withough bugging down to yapping. I said that UE5 (that's Unreal Engine 5, very specifically five) is a dumpsterfire *FOR NOW*, that's the key part of that. I'm not saying UE engine as a whole because as I stated after UE4 is actually impressive what can be achieved, very develop firendly and overall better than Unity in plenty of regards... That said UE5 has only proven to be way too resource demanding, for some reason despite having so much lightning technologies incorporated, games usually look grainy and blurry (Check a youtuber named OhNoItsAlexx, he makes pc games reviews and salt content wich you can ignore, one of the latest he did said it himself, UE5 needs much work to be the default better option, paraphracing ofc)

TL;DR: No, I did not said UE in general is a dumpsterfire, I said UE5 is for no good reason (No, visual fidelity is not enough reason). Ultimately UE4 and Unity are both very good engines, just require different aproaches and/or "know how" to achieve good results.

Reactions: User1230

.Sirene

Jul 24, 2022
.Sirene You got me wrong in the very first line but I'll try to explain that part in specific withough bugging down to yapping. I said that UE5 (that's Unreal Engine 5, very specifically five) is a dumpsterfire *FOR NOW*, that's the key part of that. I'm not saying UE engine as a whole because as I stated after UE4 is actually impressive what can be achieved, very develop firendly and overall better than Unity in plenty of regards... That said UE5 has only proven to be way too resource demanding, for some reason despite having so much lightning technologies incorporated, games usually look grainy and blurry (Check a youtuber named OhNoItsAlexx, he makes pc games reviews and salt content wich you can ignore, one of the latest he did said it himself, UE5 needs much work to be the default better option, paraphracing ofc)

TL;DR: No, I did not said UE in general is a dumpsterfire, I said UE5 is for no good reason (No, visual fidelity is not enough reason). Ultimately UE4 and Unity are both very good engines, just require different aproaches and/or "know how" to achieve good results.
1713375070781.png

I don't know, it does look like you did say it's a dumpsterfire.

In any event, I outlined my reasons for specifically disagreeing with that point in the post above yours. I'm not pissy here, I'm just stating that in the right hands, UE5 can be a great choice - if not the better choice overall.

Merlin-Magic

Jan 28, 2024
Another 7 or 8 years and we will be there.
Well it is obvious you know nothing about Hachi. He builds everything himself, works non stop, and does not ever half ass anything. He spent a long time designing this game so it could be updated rapidly. The other good thing is that he listens. If you have a kink that is not to far out there or illegal it just might get installed in the game. I have no doubt that rapidly this will be the best game of its kind out there (if there is anything that can compare).

Reactions: oceanbobo4

mugijos95

Jun 7, 2020
View attachment 3549735

I don't know, it does look like you did say it's a dumpsterfire.

In any event, I outlined my reasons for specifically disagreeing with that point in the post above yours. I'm not pissy here, I'm just stating that in the right hands, UE5 can be a great choice - if not the better choice overall.
Oh absolutely my friend, we both agree is that point, I'll go even further and saying that pretty much the most common engines can be great with the right hands, wich loops to my point of being a byproduct of small teams/small budgets in adult dev teams, either way all we can do is wait and see.

And because we've added alot of slightly unrelated posts and I know some members still don't know how the search bar works, it's been stated already that the oddly high specs were both an overshot so it has some performance wiggle room and temporal, wich they'll be working later, let's let them cook.

hachigames

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2020
So... I may be retarded. But seriously. How come i play red dead redemption with the highest setting with a 2560x1440 monitor and i get 60 fps. But i only get 35-40 fps in this game.
Not sure. From what I read a 2080ti gets like 55 on max settings in 2k in rdr2, so I assume you have a better card than that. I tested it with a 2080ti in 2k and I got steady 60fps+.

There might be some other factors, but I can't really make any more assumptions about those without more information. Plenty of things aren't optimal just yet, but also some settings might be overtuned on max.

evaw

Feb 5, 2021
Not sure. From what I read a 2080ti gets like 55 on max settings in 2k in rdr2, so I assume you have a better card than that. I tested it with a 2080ti in 2k and I got steady 60fps+.

There might be some other factors, but I can't really make any more assumptions about those without more information. Plenty of things aren't optimal just yet, but also some settings might be overtuned on max.
Are you use physics engine? - maybe you need to disable it on low settings for casio users stop crying.

• Haha
Reactions: bmberman

hachigames

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2020
Are you use physics engine? - maybe you need to disable it on low settings for casio users stop crying.
Physics in itself don't cost much at all when there is nothing demaning around that uses it. It can be demanding, but the game isn't using anything that does with a few exceptions. In the touch/spank mode, it uses real time softbody modification which used the fast bullet engine as a backend. I made the integration of bullet and the whole softbody system from scratch and it uses mostly GPU as well as multithreaded burst threads. However, performance of this is generally irrelevant anyway, as this is not active in any other part of the game, so it's not really an issue.

The other thing that could be considered physics is the bone simulation of tits and ass. This doesn't cost anything since it's a simple bone-spring calculation. Same for clothing like her ribbon on the chaos dress, but that is also situational and doesn't cost must as it's just a few vertices simulated.

The hair simulation, however, does cost a fair bit. I already have card hair ready to replace the strand based hair for lower graphics settings. While it of course can't compete with strand based hair visually, it does eliminate the highly demanding hair simulation and rasterization. Only thing left is making a system that can switch between those styles on demand.

I'm constantly profiling the program to check for bottlenecks. Also I'm profiling the graphics using several tools to identify bottlenecks there as well, but it is very complicated work, as unless you did something completely wrong, there usually aren't any obvious things.

I spent the last week to optimize the mesh of all characters. I made a system that automatically batches body parts into one mesh, combining UVs (there are 5 for different systems in the background), and textures into atlases. Something that is simple for normal static objects, but incredibly complicated for as complex as the girl models are. And I want to always ensure backwards compatibility, so I can go back, and make changes to the model itself in blender, and don't have to spend a week setting everything up again, so I always ensure that my own pipeline is automatic in workflow.

The main reason for keeping a clean compatible system like this is that I'm just a single dev. I can't afford to hire a team of artists to create the models and texture in an already optimized state. I'm already spending a lot of money on different things for the game in commissions, but a dedicated artist would be on another level, especially since a single one would not be enough at the pace I'm moving. So I have to rely on being able to use assets from other sources, just like I would for a Daz3d/HS game in RenPy etc. However, should I ever get there, I would definitely make good use of a team.

Optimization as a word is in itself very vague, as it's nature is highly dependent on the environment and circumstances. Unless a major mistake is made, it's not straight forward at all.
As an example, optimization could be just taking away an option to crank a setting up to a value that only marginally looks better but exponentially needs more performance. And even though the system behind that setting is optimized, doing too much of it will cause issues on the newest graphics cards.
Then there is also, as mentioned above, workflow. Real optimization often entails combining things or doing things at the same time, while stripping off parts that aren't necessary or managing the back-end by buffering.
Not only is it complicated, it also can negatively affect the workflow. For example, if I were just to manually combine my meshes, I could no longer go back and make texture changes without having re-setup the whole thing. Doing it manually would be a lot faster at first, but it will eventually come back and bite you in the ass. And that not only is true for optimization but general workflow.

Last edited:
Reactions: oceanbobo4 and evaw

.Sirene

Jul 24, 2022
Oh absolutely my friend, we both agree is that point, I'll go even further and saying that pretty much the most common engines can be great with the right hands, wich loops to my point of being a byproduct of small teams/small budgets in adult dev teams, either way all we can do is wait and see.

And because we've added alot of slightly unrelated posts and I know some members still don't know how the search bar works, it's been stated already that the oddly high specs were both an overshot so it has some performance wiggle room and temporal, wich they'll be working later, let's let them cook.
Would just like to point out that I hope that it is clear that I was not attacking or trying to in any way, I have no issue here. I think it came across like I was arguing with you when we were both arguing two sides of the same coin lol.

mugijos95

Jun 7, 2020
Would just like to point out that I hope that it is clear that I was not attacking or trying to in any way, I have no issue here. I think it came across like I was arguing with you when we were both arguing two sides of the same coin lol.
Buddy, don't worry... I actually enjoy having a good discussion about this kind of things as it shows me other people's stance on things wich makes me aproach opinions from other perspectives, so it's all fine.

Reactions: .Sirene

Nyxcro

Sep 16, 2018
Let's try to wrap up this conversation. We can all agree that you shouldn't expect to run games like this if you still have windows xp. On other hand games need to have at least some optimization (make it at least so that 3000 and 4000 nvidia gpu don't explode while I'm running your game). Finally, I think the dev for this game is doing good,I see that he has good understanding in making games and will most likely fix the bad things in the game when it's close to it's completion.

4.50 star(s) 11 Votes