hachigames

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2020
Then I'd have no idea other than just poor optimization to blame. Personally I'm not experiencing any slowdowns, I'm running a last gen low end system and I'm doing fine on 900p-1080p.
Usually it's the hair causing the most slowdown as it's extremely high end tech. Using the simple hair option will possibly up to double the fps.

SerpentWave

Aug 1, 2017
Usually it's the hair causing the most slowdown as it's extremely high end tech. Using the simple hair option will possibly up to double the fps.
Personally hair strand effects should offset more to ai computational implementation (via CPU processing), but I have always felt that way since tessellation was introduced

IE just a general comment about focused usage of resources. although dlss has come a long way

hachigames

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2020
Personally hair strand effects should offset more to ai computational implementation (via CPU processing), but I have always felt that way since tessellation was introduced

IE just a general comment about focused usage of resources. although dlss has come a long way
I'm not sure what you mean by ai computational implementation on the CPU, but effects like these are really only possible through using CUDA. Doing this on the CPU and not via compute shaders would turn this into frames per minute instead frames per second.

Using compute shaders is generally the choice when doing thousands or millions of smaller tasks, since it can do it parallel, especially when branching code can be minimized. And it's especially useful since the data is already on the graphics card for rendering, which is done via a specific rasterizer rendering to get a high quality line display.

CPU using jobs and burst computation has given a big boost in parallelization on CPU and I use it whenever it's applicable, but it's not even a competition when it comes to tasks like these.

Last edited:
4.30 star(s) 19 Votes