VN Ren'Py Daily Challenges [v0.2.1 Alpha] [TheAlex]

3.70 star(s) 3 Votes

Enlight432

Jan 4, 2024
Thanx for your constructive review. I hear you and I want you to know that I'm doing my best to increase the qualitiy of the game. The next update will contain several more options for interactivity.
Lack of content in the first and second games updates can be justified to some extent due to some reasons, so in the next updates, I will raise the rating by increasing the content of each update because it deserves it

What you said about darkness: I don't want the game to be dark. I'm aiming for a mixture of funny and casual storytelling, nothing too deep. Maybe that will change in possible future games but for now I wanna keep it simple.
Fun story can also be as enjoyable as Dark story
I am also interested in fun stories as long as there is tension
What I mean by review is highlighting the wrongness of incest on the part of sister and other characters, this makes the logic of the game higher and we sink more into the phase of incest and its special thirst.

The_Alex

Game Developer
May 4, 2017
What I mean by review is highlighting the wrongness of incest on the part of sister and other characters, this makes the logic of the game higher and we sink more into the phase of incest and its special thirst.
I know exactly what you mean and I will try to hit that exact spot that makes it enjoyable. We'll see how well that will work. ;)

The_Alex

Game Developer
May 4, 2017
Any updates worth sharing? :love:
I learned from many other projects here at F95 that it's always a very bad idea to give ETA on release dates. So the only thing I will tell you is the current state of the development process. ;)

I finished the script for the 0.3 update. That means that the main route, as well as the side routes are planned and written in text and script. The "only" work that remains is rendering all scenes which is very time consuming. But at least the weather here went from "burn in hell" to "let's wear the extra warm socks" so my PC is now rendering in every free minute I have without forcing me to turn on the AC.

The story will continue as planned at a rest stop where you'll meet some new characters.

Stay tuned :)

The_Alex

Game Developer
May 4, 2017
Need some help. I changed the gui and switched to a free template I found in the depth of the web. I like the style of it but something does not feel right. I think it's somehow not intuitive enough. Especially the load save menu. It also takes one third of the viewport.
On the other hand it looks really neat and professional.

What do you think?

image5.png image4.png image3.png image2.png image.png

Skyler

Donor
May 13, 2017
Need some help. I changed the gui and switched to a free template I found in the depth of the web. I like the style of it but something does not feel right. I think it's somehow not intuitive enough. Especially the load save menu. It also takes one third of the viewport.

What do you think?

View attachment 4074692 View attachment 4074693 View attachment 4074694 View attachment 4074695 View attachment 4074696
Looks good. The symbols at the bottom right would confuse me at first.

Lgn332

May 23, 2018

What do you think?

View attachment 4074692 View attachment 4074693 View attachment 4074694 View attachment 4074695 View attachment 4074696
I try to play always with a transparent textbox, so having those icons onscreen all the time it's a bit of intrusive for my taste.

Reactions: The_Alex

Kudram

Dec 26, 2017

What do you think?
As mentioned above, the 100% opacity is a bit of killer. If you're using them, have them fade out to 10-25% until hover or something similar.

Personally, I think they just clash stylistically with the actual game.

Reactions: The_Alex

The_Alex

Game Developer
May 4, 2017
I try to play always with a transparent textbox, so having those icons onscreen all the time it's a bit of intrusive for my taste.
Yup, exactly my thoughts. I think I will postpone working on the GUI. That's clearly some nice to have work when the game has finished content.
Thanx for your opinions!

3.70 star(s) 3 Votes