akimbofresh

Apr 16, 2021
Slap on the 'abandoned' tag. It's over.
Seeing how often the developer "overhauled" or entirely remade parts of the game that literally nobody gave a shit about (the lighting?!) is an insult to his supporters, borderline scamming them.

And I just read a post on the DBA Patreon stating that "...but let me remind you that DBA was always and still is a high quality game first, lewds second." Yeah, I'm sure we all played the same crappy minigames again and again for "fun".

unknown_dude

Jan 5, 2019
Seeing how often the developer "overhauled" or entirely remade parts of the game that literally nobody gave a shit about (the lighting?!) is an insult to his supporters, borderline scamming them.

And I just read a post on the DBA Patreon stating that "...but let me remind you that DBA was always and still is a high quality game first, lewds second." Yeah, I'm sure we all played the same crappy minigames again and again for "fun".
the whole idea of patreon and other portals is to show support. youre promised nothing in perticular. therefore its not a scam. if you have any issue with the pace then dont support it. but you probably didnt do that anyways.

DatWanGai

Apr 15, 2019
the whole idea of patreon and other portals is to show support. youre promised nothing in perticular. therefore its not a scam. if you have any issue with the pace then dont support it. but you probably didnt do that anyways.
You're half right. The platform itself does not promise anything in return for your support, and thus is not a scam when a dev does not deliver something to the people supporting them.
However, if the dev make promises in the hope of gaining and/or keeping support and fails to deliver on those promises then yes it is a scam and the whole reason it's possible to get refunded on patreon.

emmeline64

May 17, 2020

I like some of the mini-games, but "high quality" is a stretch. The game overall is pretty high quality by lewd game standards.

Still, it's really frustrating to be a fan of this game. Over a year after the last update and all they've accomplished is a bunch of pointless stuff. Nothing that gets me excited or makes me want to give them more money. The differences between 0.6 and 0.6.5.1 (which were also a year apart) were so miniscule. I could have coded most of the good changes they made in a week and I'm not a very good programmer.

Part of me wishes they would just go ahead and abandon it so I could stop getting my hopes up. It really does feel more and more like a scam every day.

The Patreon model needs to die. It doesn't work. So few devs are self-motivated enough to make significant progress. They need accountability. They need milestones to reach and consequences for not reaching them. Having an endless stream of money from desperate fans (even if it's not a big stream) is a recipe for this sort of thing. Just look at Star Citizen. A decade and half a billion dollars in and still no game. They're almost incentivized to not finish the game. At that point you get sales and then it's over. The Patreon model for lewd games is subscribing to the hope that you'll get a game. But as we know by now, in the end we mostly get disappointment.

Last edited:

Kuro Mati

May 8, 2018
If you cannot pass running challenges in quest "Eye Of The Tiger", I recommend you to use CheatEngine to slow down system time and then try agian. I passed every challenge in one go. Original game speed is too fast to react!

Keko!

Jan 13, 2021
If you cannot pass running challenges in quest "Eye Of The Tiger", I recommend you to use CheatEngine to slow down system time and then try agian. I passed every challenge in one go. Original game speed is too fast to react!
There is a drink that speed you up, there's no need for thar. I discovered this info after I've beaten WITHOUT the speed drink, I was so pissed

LycraPawn

May 13, 2019
There is a drink that speed you up, there's no need for thar. I discovered this info after I've beaten WITHOUT the speed drink, I was so pissed
I'll be waiting to try these out once the steam version comes out, but could you tell me how to do each option for this mission? Do you have a link for the Dandy Boy Adventures cheat engine extension? Also, when exactly is the Steam version coming out?

Reactions: zxc159

Modok969

Jul 30, 2021
Holy shit, i saw this game a few times and finally decided to give it a try, i shoudl love this, despite it being fairly slow, but HOLY FUCKING SHIT are the minigames the absolutel worse. Fucking bullshit warehouse at least can be skipped, but getting the package, what bullshit is this?

Reactions: ur other dad
4.00 star(s) 69 Votes