VN Ren'Py Dark Fate Chronicles [v0.2 Part 1] [KinneyX23]

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Deleted member 3917737

Jul 12, 2021
Why does the banner name say A Broken Family and not the title Dark Fate Chronicles? if that's a stupid question, I am sorry.

I see "lesbian" in the planned tags... I'll be back once that's up x3

KinneyX23

Modder
Game Developer
Dec 20, 2016
Why does the banner name say A Broken Family and not the title Dark Fate Chronicles? if that's a stupid question, I am sorry.

I see "lesbian" in the planned tags... I'll be back once that's up x3
No, it's not a stupid question. The game used to be called "A Broken Family", but when I started working on it again I changed so much that the old name just felt like it's not really fitting the narrative.

As for the lesbian tag, yeah that's gonna be part of the next update. This update will be the biggest I've ever done for any of my games, since it's gonna conclude the intro of the game and introduce nearly all characters the game will have. I have no real deadline when the update will be released, because I'm working on the game on my own and only when I have the time and want to actually do something for it.

To give you guys at least a small progress update though. I've finished 127 renders so far for that update, with a lot more that need to be finished. The code is about half way done, same for the dialogue. I hope to have it done by the end of the year, but I also wanna make it absolutely clear that it's just a rough estimate and not at all a fix date of release. I'm only gonna release the update when I'm happy with the quality.

Deleted member 3917737

Jul 12, 2021
No, it's not a stupid question. The game used to be called "A Broken Family", but when I started working on it again I changed so much that the old name just felt like it's not really fitting the narrative.
I understand now. Thank you for explaining everything to me :) I'm sorry you're working on this alone. I know how hard it can be making a game solo. The next update sounds awesome though ^^ Definitely take all the time you need finishing it. I am sure it will be one hell of an update once you complete it.

KinneyX23

Modder
Game Developer
Dec 20, 2016
Quick update:

As for the release of version 0.2, I should be able to get it ready this month. I'm working on it almost every day now and have almost all renders done, only a few filler renders are still missing and I still need to write the dialogue and the code for it.

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
Quick update:

As for the release of version 0.2, I should be able to get it ready this month. I'm working on it almost every day now and have almost all renders done, only a few filler renders are still missing and I still need to write the dialogue and the code for it.
Really glad to hear it!!

(y)

damnedfrog

Nov 11, 2020
Quick update:

Yeah!!!

KinneyX23

Modder
Game Developer
Dec 20, 2016
Update:

The next Dev-Update will be free for everyone, but had to put this behind the pay wall because I wanted to post an image of Julie as well, that I couldn't have posted otherwise.

• Red Heart
Reactions: damnedfrog

KinneyX23

Modder
Game Developer
Dec 20, 2016
Updated DFC on itch.io:

And 0.15 is now available for free, with a a major change to the phone menu.

You can get the improved 0.15 from my page and on .
Please keep in mind though that the changes to the code require you to start a new playthrough!

Last edited:

KinneyX23

Modder
Game Developer
Dec 20, 2016
The OP somehow magically updated now with the new version. Mirrors aren't included yet, but already reported the OP to get them. :D

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote