RoadWulf

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2018
The whole update was great, but the fact that it was just one long event made me think that this will be one of the last peaceful moments before everything just goes to hell.

Mastakony

Sep 26, 2018
The whole update was great, but the fact that it was just one long event made me think that this will be one of the last peaceful moments before everything just goes to hell.
Now we know the name of all his team haha :You know why....
We need names for Gallery haha
We know new names = new (potential) fuck :)

Good update

RandyPhoenix

Engaged Member
Jun 30, 2018
In the end of V.10.0 I forgot to increase some of the character's corruption level, but it's fixed now on V.0.10.1
Ok thanks for fix but... That's your own mistake right? Then why you dont update post and in your patreon page only 10 dolar priced patreons can get this fixed version? If this version will be about game mistakes I dont say that because that's your own right to do this is your game. But for your mistakes that's not feels good and annoying to wait...

Last edited:
Reactions: V-red and Paapi

F.Lord

~ Dark Magic ~
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 13, 2018
Ok thanks for fix but... That's your own mistake right? Then why you dont update post and in your patreon page only 10 dolar priced patreons can get this fixed version? If this version will be about game mistakes I dont say that because that's your own right to do this is your game. But for your mistakes that's not feels good and annoying to wait...
What do you mean? This is not a public version yet. The game will be released for 10$, 5$, and public in order. And now it's still in 10$ state, why I have to release the fix version to the public even it's my own mistake? I have to keep the rule. Don't blame the apple seller if the apple you stole is poisoned.

Rezima

Apr 8, 2018
What do you mean? This is not a public version yet. The game will be released for 10$, 5$, and public in order. And now it's still in 10$ state, why I have to release the fix version to the public even it's my own mistake? I have to keep the rule. Don't blame the apple seller if the apple you stole is poisoned.
Hah! I can respect that answer, just wish I hadn't gotten a week into it before noticing saves were broken. I like it so far though, I just subscribed to your patreon, keep it up!

RandyPhoenix

Engaged Member
Jun 30, 2018
Am I said you ''Dont make money from updates or fix'' or Am I said you ''Your game dont deserve money.'' ? I said diffrent thing here. Of course as a game DEV you need money for your efforts and your game is realy good one for to be honest but this is not like other updates. You make that update mostly because of your own faults. And BTW even with normal cases that's not good excuse. Mostly DEV's use that ''Fix'' thing as far making easy money. They make their normal updates broken on purpose and after short time as far they already know all problems they share ''Fix'' update and like you they make this only level 2 or level 3 patreon only. I dont want say bad things about anyone and I'm not say here ''You are making that cheap move.'' But espacily after that much short time game v.1.0.0 came this problems showep up and you give us fast update. I think this is so fast. Like as if planned like that? That's little bit odd and cause some bad thoughts. I hope that's not true because I realy love this game but after you comment this weird defence comment I though more about this. You are making things little bit hard. If that's like normal other updates I dont say anyting about that and wait for new update for peacely. But this time you are making things not with good way. As a fan of this game you make me worried about that and that's taste little bit bad... (BTW if I wasnt live bad country for money I would love to give you my money for this game. For me 10 $ = 65 unit from my country money and this basicly mean giving you 10$ mean for me 65$ lose from my wallet every month. But that's not main discussion here.)

Screenshot_4.jpg

thhawk1

Apr 25, 2017
I try to save in v10 and I get a error

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "renpy/common/00action_file.rpy", line 372, in __call__
renpy.save(fn, extra_info=save_name)
PicklingError: Can't pickle <type 'cStringIO.StringO'>: attribute lookup cStringIO.StringO failed

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_load_save.rpym", line 35, in script
$ ui.interact()
File "G:\H files\New folder\New folder\New Folder Plus\New folder super\New folder ultra\DarkMagic-V0100-pc\DarkMagic-V.0.10.0-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 914, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "G:\H files\New folder\New folder\New Folder Plus\New folder super\New folder ultra\DarkMagic-V0100-pc\DarkMagic-V.0.10.0-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2028, in py_exec_bytecode
exec bytecode in globals, locals
File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_load_save.rpym", line 35, in <module>
$ ui.interact()
File "G:\H files\New folder\New folder\New Folder Plus\New folder super\New folder ultra\DarkMagic-V0100-pc\DarkMagic-V.0.10.0-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 297, in interact
rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
File "G:\H files\New folder\New folder\New Folder Plus\New folder super\New folder ultra\DarkMagic-V0100-pc\DarkMagic-V.0.10.0-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2702, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
File "G:\H files\New folder\New folder\New Folder Plus\New folder super\New folder ultra\DarkMagic-V0100-pc\DarkMagic-V.0.10.0-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3518, in interact_core
rv = root_widget.event(ev, x, y, 0)
File "G:\H files\New folder\New folder\New Folder Plus\New folder super\New folder ultra\DarkMagic-V0100-pc\DarkMagic-V.0.10.0-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 998, in event
rv = i.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, cst)
File "G:\H files\New folder\New folder\New Folder Plus\New folder super\New folder ultra\DarkMagic-V0100-pc\DarkMagic-V.0.10.0-pc\renpy\display\transition.py", line 47, in event
return self.new_widget.event(ev, x, y, st) # E1101
File "G:\H files\New folder\New folder\New Folder Plus\New folder super\New folder ultra\DarkMagic-V0100-pc\DarkMagic-V.0.10.0-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 998, in event
File "G:\H files\New folder\New folder\New Folder Plus\New folder super\New folder ultra\DarkMagic-V0100-pc\DarkMagic-V.0.10.0-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 714, in event
rv = self.child.event(ev, x, y, st)
File "G:\H files\New folder\New folder\New Folder Plus\New folder super\New folder ultra\DarkMagic-V0100-pc\DarkMagic-V.0.10.0-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 244, in event
rv = d.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, st)
File "G:\H files\New folder\New folder\New Folder Plus\New folder super\New folder ultra\DarkMagic-V0100-pc\DarkMagic-V.0.10.0-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 244, in event
File "G:\H files\New folder\New folder\New Folder Plus\New folder super\New folder ultra\DarkMagic-V0100-pc\DarkMagic-V.0.10.0-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 962, in event
return handle_click(self.clicked)
File "G:\H files\New folder\New folder\New Folder Plus\New folder super\New folder ultra\DarkMagic-V0100-pc\DarkMagic-V.0.10.0-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 897, in handle_click
rv = run(action)
File "G:\H files\New folder\New folder\New Folder Plus\New folder super\New folder ultra\DarkMagic-V0100-pc\DarkMagic-V.0.10.0-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 320, in run
return action(*args, **kwargs)
File "G:\H files\New folder\New folder\New Folder Plus\New folder super\New folder ultra\DarkMagic-V0100-pc\DarkMagic-V.0.10.0-pc\renpy\loadsave.py", line 419, in save
six.reraise(t, e, tb)
File "G:\H files\New folder\New folder\New Folder Plus\New folder super\New folder ultra\DarkMagic-V0100-pc\DarkMagic-V.0.10.0-pc\renpy\loadsave.py", line 405, in save
dump((roots, renpy.game.log), logf)
File "G:\H files\New folder\New folder\New Folder Plus\New folder super\New folder ultra\DarkMagic-V0100-pc\DarkMagic-V.0.10.0-pc\renpy\loadsave.py", line 49, in dump
cPickle.dump(o, f, cPickle.HIGHEST_PROTOCOL)
PicklingError: Can't pickle <type 'cStringIO.StringO'>: attribute lookup cStringIO.StringO failed

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Dark Magic V.0.10.0
Fri Feb 28 16:52:59 2020

VictorMC

May 2, 2017
I try to save in v10 and I get a error

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_load_save.rpym", line 35, in script
$ ui.interact()
File "G:\H files\New folder\New folder\New Folder Plus\New folder super\New folder ultra\DarkMagic-V0100-pc\DarkMagic-V.0.10.0-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 914, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "G:\H files\New folder\New folder\New Folder Plus\New folder super\New folder ultra\DarkMagic-V0100-pc\DarkMagic-V.0.10.0-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2028, in py_exec_bytecode
exec bytecode in globals, locals
File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_load_save.rpym", line 35, in <module>
$ ui.interact()
File "G:\H files\New folder\New folder\New Folder Plus\New folder super\New folder ultra\DarkMagic-V0100-pc\DarkMagic-V.0.10.0-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 297, in interact
rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
File "G:\H files\New folder\New folder\New Folder Plus\New folder super\New folder ultra\DarkMagic-V0100-pc\DarkMagic-V.0.10.0-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2702, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
File "G:\H files\New folder\New folder\New Folder Plus\New folder super\New folder ultra\DarkMagic-V0100-pc\DarkMagic-V.0.10.0-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3518, in interact_core
rv = root_widget.event(ev, x, y, 0)
File "G:\H files\New folder\New folder\New Folder Plus\New folder super\New folder ultra\DarkMagic-V0100-pc\DarkMagic-V.0.10.0-pc\renpy\display\transition.py", line 47, in event
return self.new_widget.event(ev, x, y, st) # E1101
File "G:\H files\New folder\New folder\New Folder Plus\New folder super\New folder ultra\DarkMagic-V0100-pc\DarkMagic-V.0.10.0-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 714, in event
rv = self.child.event(ev, x, y, st)
File "G:\H files\New folder\New folder\New Folder Plus\New folder super\New folder ultra\DarkMagic-V0100-pc\DarkMagic-V.0.10.0-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 962, in event
return handle_click(self.clicked)
File "G:\H files\New folder\New folder\New Folder Plus\New folder super\New folder ultra\DarkMagic-V0100-pc\DarkMagic-V.0.10.0-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 897, in handle_click
rv = run(action)
File "G:\H files\New folder\New folder\New Folder Plus\New folder super\New folder ultra\DarkMagic-V0100-pc\DarkMagic-V.0.10.0-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 320, in run
return action(*args, **kwargs)
File "G:\H files\New folder\New folder\New Folder Plus\New folder super\New folder ultra\DarkMagic-V0100-pc\DarkMagic-V.0.10.0-pc\renpy\loadsave.py", line 419, in save
six.reraise(t, e, tb)
File "G:\H files\New folder\New folder\New Folder Plus\New folder super\New folder ultra\DarkMagic-V0100-pc\DarkMagic-V.0.10.0-pc\renpy\loadsave.py", line 405, in save
dump((roots, renpy.game.log), logf)
File "G:\H files\New folder\New folder\New Folder Plus\New folder super\New folder ultra\DarkMagic-V0100-pc\DarkMagic-V.0.10.0-pc\renpy\loadsave.py", line 49, in dump
cPickle.dump(o, f, cPickle.HIGHEST_PROTOCOL)

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Dark Magic V.0.10.0
Fri Feb 28 16:52:59 2020
same for me

Si3tWa4r

Aug 14, 2018
Am I said you ''Dont make money from updates or fix'' or Am I said you ''Your game dont deserve money.'' ? I said diffrent thing here. Of course as a game DEV you need money for your efforts and your game is realy good one for to be honest but this is not like other updates. You make that update mostly because of your own faults. And BTW even with normal cases that's not good excuse. Mostly DEV's use that ''Fix'' thing as far making easy money. They make their normal updates broken on purpose and after short time as far they already know all problems they share ''Fix'' update and like you they make this only level 2 or level 3 patreon only. I dont want say bad things about anyone and I'm not say here ''You are making that cheap move.'' But espacily after that much short time game v.1.0.0 came this problems showep up and you give us fast update. I think this is so fast. Like as if planned like that? That's little bit odd and cause some bad thoughts. I hope that's not true because I realy love this game but after you comment this weird defence comment I though more about this. You are making things little bit hard. If that's like normal other updates I dont say anyting about that and wait for new update for peacely. But this time you are making things not with good way. As a fan of this game you make me worried about that and that's taste little bit bad... (BTW if I wasnt live bad country for money I would love to give you my money for this game. For me 10 $ = 65 unit from my country money and this basicly mean giving you 10$ mean for me 65$ lose from my wallet every month. But that's not main discussion here.)

View attachment 570477
Ok, normally i stay out of things like this but:

The game v0.10.0 so far officially has released for 10$ and 20$ patrons. (on Feb24)
5$ Patrons get it 5 days after the 10$/20$ ones. (That should be Feb29, which we haven't yet)

It is only natural that the fix only gets released for those that would have access to the "bugged" version as well, which at this time only are the 10$/20$ patrons.

Nothing wrong with that. Nothing that should leave a bad taste...

• Angry
Reactions: RandyPhoenix

BDI

May 23, 2017
Hah! I can respect that answer, just wish I hadn't gotten a week into it before noticing saves were broken. I like it so far though, I just subscribed to your patreon, keep it up!
How did you resume after shutting your computer down without saves? I am just assuming that you did.And with all of the games out there, exactly how many are released without the ability to save? I think that you could count the number of fingers lifted on my closed fist---NONE, this sounds like a phony excuse.

Last edited:
Reactions: RandyPhoenix
4.30 star(s) 109 Votes