Ren'Py Completed Darkness Falls [v1.1] [Tora Productions]

4.00 star(s) 10 Votes

bad_mofo

Jul 4, 2020
Sorry, no sex scene with Won. It was never going to happen with Blake, so was unlikely for this series, but these characters will be in other games and stories, so there's a chance for the future.

Tlaero
Thanks for the reply! That's a pity - as a player I'm invested in Won much, since she is our partner and has the best developed personality. Looking forward to these future games and stories! ( well, most of all I'm looking forward the continuation of warriors heart of course =)

AmanRocky

Feb 21, 2019
Man i just can't get enough of Tora productions. I prefer playing Elsa verse games again and again instead of watching tv series. And the games made by Tlaero and M. are so good in story. No other game has impacted me that much. I will surely become a patron this year once I get my first job. Until then I bless T&M all the riches and satisfaction in the world.

Tora production games are the only ones that I wish to store after playing. Others, even the top rated ones in Game thread end up deleted after they're finished. But not from these developers.

Tlaero

Game Developer
Nov 24, 2018
Man i just can't get enough of Tora productions. I prefer playing Elsa verse games again and again instead of watching tv series. And the games made by Tlaero and M. are so good in story. No other game has impacted me that much. I will surely become a patron this year once I get my first job. Until then I bless T&M all the riches and satisfaction in the world.

Tora production games are the only ones that I wish to store after playing. Others, even the top rated ones in Game thread end up deleted after they're finished. But not from these developers.
Thank you!

Tlaero

• Red Heart
Reactions: AmanRocky

Hunter99004

Jan 30, 2021
I am having an issue getting the achievement for E2, I have gone thru both clicking on the desk and by skipping over it but still cannot attain the achievement. Am I missing something? that is the only one I have left to get. If anyone can give me some pointers I would appreciate it.

Olejust

Feb 1, 2021
Just wanted to say thanks. I am more into the vn stuff than actual game play and aftergoing thru several examples I will say your Elsa verse novels are the best I have come across. I especially enjoyed the Darkness Falls series of shorts excellent work on the writing and overall story lines.

Tlaero

Game Developer
Nov 24, 2018

Darkness Falls now in Renpy

Today I'm releasing the conversion to Renpy of the last of the HTML Elsaverse games--Darkness Falls.
This one took the longest to convert, because it had the least simple code, and I had to figure out how to do the investigation scenes. (I ended up using image buttons instead of imagemaps because that's the currently supported method in Renpy, and they have fewer limitations.)

On a personal note, this one was also hard on me because of the memories it dredged up. It was right in the middle of Season 2 of Darkness Falls that I fell apart...

I've already converted the short stories, so this is the last HTML/Adventure Creator conversion I'll ever have to do. Next up is Elsaverse Omnibus Vol 1, which is the combination of all of these games and short stories in one Release. I'm most of the way through that, though.

It was good to go through the old stories again, but I'm ready to move on with new stuff.

I hope you enjoy Darkness Falls and don't cringe too much at my lousy guitar playing...

Tlaero

PC/Linux version:

Mac version:

Princess Groundhog

Nov 5, 2018
Next up is Elsaverse Omnibus Vol 1, which is the combination of all of these games and short stories in one Release. I'm most of the way through that, though.
Is it something we could see on Steam as I would love to officially support your work.

somebodynobody

Engaged Member
May 11, 2017

Darkness Falls now in Renpy

Today I'm releasing the conversion to Renpy of the last of the HTML Elsaverse games--Darkness Falls.
This one took the longest to convert, because it had the least simple code, and I had to figure out how to do the investigation scenes. (I ended up using image buttons instead of imagemaps because that's the currently supported method in Renpy, and they have fewer limitations.)

On a personal note, this one was also hard on me because of the memories it dredged up. It was right in the middle of Season 2 of Darkness Falls that I fell apart...

I've already converted the short stories, so this is the last HTML/Adventure Creator conversion I'll ever have to do. Next up is Elsaverse Omnibus Vol 1, which is the combination of all of these games and short stories in one Release. I'm most of the way through that, though.

It was good to go through the old stories again, but I'm ready to move on with new stuff.

I hope you enjoy Darkness Falls and don't cringe too much at my lousy guitar playing...

Tlaero

PC/Linux version:

Mac version:
Hope you are doing well, or at least better now.

Since this is a conversion of a finished product, you may want it to have [Completed] in the title right after [Ren'Py].

BarbarrossaNA

Sep 10, 2019
Some games you speed click through.. others you savor. This one definitely is in the latter catagory.

Tlaero

Game Developer
Nov 24, 2018
damn i loved tora productions...

well i guess everything goes to end...
its sucks been useless piece of crap
I'm not following you. Are you saying that you didn't like Darkness Falls or that you haven't liked the things we've done since this one?

Tlaero

Tlaero

Game Developer
Nov 24, 2018
Is it something we could see on Steam as I would love to officially support your work.
Thank you, Princess Groundhog.

Steam has rather stringent guidelines around erotic works. They outright ban people who have high school aged characters in the game, even if those characters always wear clothes and never get into sexual situations. They ban the entire publisher and take down every game they ever published, even if most of those games don't have any teenagers in them. And they don't even tell you what they objected to or give you any opportunity to change/fix it.

This is why Life Changes for Keeley and Coming to Grips with Christine aren't on Steam anymore. While they themselves are fine, the publisher we used got banned for something else, and we went down with their ship.

Mortze and I have discussed publishing our stuff ourselves, and, truth be told, I did all these conversions in an attempt to earn him some more money. (I give basically all of our Patreon revenue to him.) But, while we could publish some of the games, I'm pretty sure that the flashback/dream sequence at the start of Saving Chloe would get us banned as well. Never mind the fact that, in that scene, she specifically says she's not ready to have sex with you. The mere fact that there are a few images of a high school aged Chloe in the game seems to be enough.

Tlaero

• Sad
Reactions: Princess Groundhog
4.00 star(s) 10 Votes