Fan Art Dating My Daughter: Fan Art

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

RustyV

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
1.Go to daz3d.com. Register and download the install manager.
2.From that program install the daz studio.
3.Then go to a site like 3d-load.net and download gigs and gigs of pirated crap.
4.Watch a couple of youtube tutorials.
5.???
6.Profit!
Thanks

Thanos247

Devourer of Worlds
Donor
Jun 11, 2017
I know this is a uniformed question but what is needed to start rendering?
Just so you know, the graphics card you have needs to be Nvidia to render (and a decent one at that), otherwise it will just use your CPU, which takes longer and you won’t be able to use your computer while it’s rendering. So no AMD graphics card.

Reactions: RustyV

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Just so you know, the graphics card you have needs to be Nvidia to render (and a decent one at that), otherwise it will just use your CPU, which takes longer and you won’t be able to use your computer while it’s rendering. So no AMD graphics card.
This is mostly true if you are using Daz Iray. If you decide to strike a different path and go 3Delight, the Nvidia card won't help.

Also, you can still use an AMD graphics solution for the (non-Iray) viewport and desktop, and segregate the Nvidia card for rendering only. This is what I do, and I'm pretty happy with the solution. This will allow light gaming using the AMD graphics while the Nvidia card is busy crunching away at a render. You could also use a second Nvidia card that isn't dedicated to rendering to do the same thing, or the integrated Intel graphics if you have those available.

Thanos247

Devourer of Worlds
Donor
Jun 11, 2017
Who uses 3delight? There’s plenty of content that uses Iray only, so I’ll stick with that. Everything for Daz is Iray, but not everything for Daz is 3delight. Not sure about Blender, Poser and other programs though. Safe bet for me is Nvidia and Iray. If I want to animate, I’ll get Iclone, or create; substance painter. Both programs use Iray to speed up rendering, and make it look more realistic. But I think that’s a little too advanced for what the guy is looking for.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Who uses 3delight? There’s plenty of content that uses Iray only, so I’ll stick with that. Everything for Daz is Iray, but not everything for Daz is 3delight. Not sure about Blender, Poser and other programs though. Safe bet for me is Nvidia and Iray. If I want to animate, I’ll get Iclone, or create; substance painter. Both programs use Iray to speed up rendering, and make it look more realistic. But I think that’s a little too advanced for what the guy is looking for.
Most recently released Daz products support Iray, but a number of the older products do not. Most of the time you can just apply the Iray Uber Base shader to such older products, but other times you need to to a bit more work to make them look good in Iray. With older products, that's to be expected, of course.

I was just pointing out that some people DO go the 3Delight route instead, because they prefer it over Iray. Nothing wrong with either, it's personal preference, but Iray is more popular at the moment of course. There are several threads on the Daz3D forum where the 3Delight folks do their thing and help each other out.

I'm on the Iray path of course, but I respect those that decide to go the 3Delight route. Among other things, the renders will have different qualities that differentiate themselves from Iray, so for folks looking for a 'different' look, it might be a thought. You can do a LOT with Iray as well, of course as far as changing the 'look'.

This discussion REALLY should be in the Programming and Development section, though, not in this fanart thread.

RustyV

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Thanks for the information.
I've pretty much looked up every tech thing you mentioned.
You were helpful and I learned a lot.

Reactions: OhWee

LP83

Engaged Member
Oct 13, 2016
Later he became even happier...

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

(Sorry for your ruining your childhood memory)
Don't worry, I ruin my childhood memories myself all the time LOOL ;). Rule 34 for life
Also, DmD is surely one story I definitely want to see it never-ending!

More D spreading her love for animals! :p

Reactions: Freezer14

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Thanks for the information.
I've pretty much looked up every tech thing you mentioned.
You were helpful and I learned a lot.
The next thing to check will be the DMD Art Assets thread of course. Cuz we KNOW you want to put Dee in interesting situations...

https://f95zone.to/threads/dmd-dating-my-daughter-art-assets-thread.4306/

Info for most of the assets suggested in that thread can be found in the Assets Releases section of this forum, which may be helpful if you don't mind acquiring assets via other means. Plus the various Assets Releases threads give you links for where you can purchase said products...

One other note. If you are lazy like me, using HDRI environment spheres for mostly outdoor scenes can be fun. How to use these is discussed elsewhere on this forum, and a number of free HDRIs are available on

As an example, the render I just did with Brayden and Dee standing in front of the cool Falcon car with the fold up doors is using a HDRI for the road and desert, with the ET highway sign, car, Dee and Brayden 'floating' inside the sphere, with draw ground set to 'on' so that they cast shadows appropriately.

RustyV

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
It will be a while before I can begin to render.
Right now I'm watching how to videos.
Thanks again guys.
The only problem will be I'm used to tactile contact with my work.lol

D is a great model. She looks good in most poses.
Like Phoebe Cates's notorious topless swimming pool scene in Fast Times.

Reactions: Freezer14 and OhWee

Thanos247

Devourer of Worlds
Donor
Jun 11, 2017
This discussion REALLY should be in the Programming and Development section, though, not in this fanart thread.
What if I added an image of Dee every time I wrote on this forum? Then technically, I would be contributing to this page as well as adding my insight to other topics. That way we could have a discussion while following the rules of contributing to this "fanart." :unsure:

Last edited:

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
What if I added an image of Dee every time I wrote on this forum? Then technically, I would be contributing to this page as well as adding my insight to other topics. That way we could have a discussion while following the rules of contributing to this "fanart." :unsure:
Smack that, all on the chair
Smack that, and pull her hair

Hey bud, let's party!

Reactions: Thanos247

RustyV

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
So D the sexy zoo keeper?
Way too many monkey shines for her to get into there.
Though I would recommend staying away from the electric eels.

RustyV

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Poor D has been through nearly every mainstream fetish on this thread.
How does she ever transition back to being a sweet naive girl in her DMD world?

Last edited:
5.00 star(s) 2 Votes