Mod Ren'Py Dating My Daughter - Lain's Walkthrough + Gallery + Improvements Mod [v0.32] [Maim Lain]

5.00 star(s) 4 Votes

ssj782

Engaged Member
Apr 19, 2019
Lain was getting a LOT of hate a while back and vanished without contact for a few months.
They came back eventually. Though that post makes it sound like they vanished again.
Also? I thought Lain was female? I swear I was told that somewhere.

ComixFan

Apr 15, 2019
Perhaps Maim is a female? I thought the same thing. Lot's of drama there. I guess if you were a patron you might get upset, other than than I don't get it. I've never gotten mad a Modder. I'm always greatful for mods. Especially for DMD.

Reactions: ThanusDestroyer

LordMerek

Romance & Redemption Enthusiast
Donor
Aug 22, 2018
Lain was getting a LOT of hate a while back and vanished without contact for a few months.
They came back eventually. Though that post makes it sound like they vanished again.
Also? I thought Lain was female? I swear I was told that somewhere.
I've always referred to Lain as female and never was corrected. Doesn't make it true though, a lot of people just prefer to stay anonymous and just don't care either way.

Reactions: unknown78

ssj782

Engaged Member
Apr 19, 2019
I've always referred to Lain as female and never was corrected. Doesn't make it true though, a lot of people just prefer to stay anonymous and just don't care either way.
No. I mean when I was reading about the reasons Lain up and vanished for months I'm pretty sure it said Lain was a female. Outright.

HarryHill99

Dec 29, 2019
And due to her (just going by the reference to the avatar which I *love*) can give a lot of slack just due to the competency and quality of work. That alone I have a lot of respect for more than anything else. I hope everything is alright.

May 27, 2017
I swear some people are ignorant and entitled to such a degree that they forget they're dealing with another human being, with problems, challenges and their own private life. These kind of people always find something to demand or complain about, even when it free content/mods. I empathised with Lain when they had previously disappeared for a few months, I was glad to see them return, and I would completely understand if they never returned to modding/coding again, the kind of negativity Lain was dealing with can really get to you. I'm sure they're on a break/holiday, and will likely return, it's only a matter of patiently waiting. Even if this mod never gets updated, there is another mod on the VNs OP; this being a popular VN, other modders could also pick up the work. Either way Maim Lain's mods are the best, I wish them the best and hope everything is going well.

Jul 27, 2021
I swear some people are ignorant and entitled to such a degree that they forget they're dealing with another human being, with problems, challenges and their own private life. These kind of people always find something to demand or complain about, even when it free content/mods. I empathised with Lain when they had previously disappeared for a few months, I was glad to see them return, and I would completely understand if they never returned to modding/coding again, the kind of negativity Lain was dealing with can really get to you. I'm sure they're on a break/holiday, and will likely return, it's only a matter of patiently waiting. Even if this mod never gets updated, there is another mod on the VNs OP; this being a popular VN, other modders could also pick up the work. Either way Maim Lain's mods are the best, I wish them the best and hope everything is going well.
That is my feelings exactly when I see people complain about certain kinks in games or when updates take a long time. Like stop suffocating these people and let them have free reign over their life and games. If you don't like something, don't play the game or just play one of the thousands of other games on this site.

The only reason I would have a modicum of understanding when seeing this behavior, is if they have a paid subscription for something and it's simply not delivered, but the majority here are free-loaders as a paid subscription is not mandatory.

polycentric

Donor
Mar 26, 2019
If you don't like something, don't play the game or just play one of the thousands of other games on this site.
It's a shame that this is a low-visibility thread as this is one of the most reasonable statements that I've read here...that I didn't post myself ;)

Seriously though...your observation ranks right behind "where's the update" as one of the most annoying things about adult game fandom. It's especially bad when an individual developer works on a passion-project, trying to tell a story that they really want to tell and a bunch of simps start banging the more-girls/futa/NTR/kink-of-the-week drum non-stop. Don't like a game, or doesn't have the features you want? Go play something else.

The only reason I would have a modicum of understanding when seeing this behavior, is if they have a paid subscription for something and it's simply not delivered, but the majority here are free-loaders as a paid subscription is not mandatory.
And I think it's important to point out that, germane to several posts in this thread, the majority of creatives that have patronage accounts are not making performance promises and the complainers don't really have a logical or ethical leg to stand on. If a creative puts forth a quid quo pro, such as "I'll deliver updates with at least 300 renders every two weeks if I hit the $XXXX level" then that is a performance promise and should be held to it - to a reasonable degree. Everyone else, including Main Lain, is essentially getting "tips" from patrons and is not in a transactional relationship with their supporters.

Mario4don

Your Mother's Lover
Donor
Dec 16, 2018
where was this from? wondering what game or mod they are talking about.
It was posted in thread with game Midnight Paradise, here is quote with this post.

Hey everyone

I bring not so good news this time. The update is delayed for a bit.

I know some people will get angry over this and I'm sorry, but I'll explain the situation. There have been a number of issues recently that are causing this delay.

As you may or may not know, the main coder on the project is Lain. He's been unresponsive for 12 days now. I can't reach him at all. I don't know what's causing this and I hope nothing bad happened. But this is not the first or the second time this happened and I can't wait any longer. So I won't be working together with Lain anymore.

Now the 'team' doesn't have a coder. 'Team' because it's just Risael and me now. If it was just a release with regular scenes I could manage the implementation of them into the game but this update features new locations and minigames in a system I didn't create. And in the long run, someone who specializes in programming will always do it 10x faster than I could and most likely a lot better. So I do what I do, making renders and animations and I'll be hiring someone to do the coding.

Thanks to Lain for helping with the project for as long as he did.

Now, my first thought was to get someone to jump in and help out with the project ASAP and just rush it somehow. But no more half measures. I have promising candidates for the job and I'm going to make sure I find someone who we can work together with as a great team, someone who I can plan with long term.

The other issues have been on the technical side, my old PC which has been rendering most of the DoD: DE animations is acting up, along with my NAS which provides physical backups of my work files and handles the file sharing between the render nodes.

After a few days of futile attempts, I managed to fix the NAS issue today. I'll fix the old PC as well so it can keep on rendering the juicy animations.

So it's been rough lately, but it is what it is guys. I'm sorry about the delay but these things happen. I'm hiring someone as soon as possible and we'll get back on track. I'll keep you in the loop about it.

I know it doesn't fix things, but I brought some previews, you can check them out above.

The update slips over to December, however I'd like to reassure everyone that everybody who is a Patron $10 and above will get the update in December. Will bring it to you as soon as possible. Thank you for your understanding.

And as always, thank you for you support!
-Dr Sin

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: The Rogue Hero

ThtsMyScrtCapImAlwysHorny

Aug 5, 2021
She is a female, and gots lot on her plate
Are you in touch with her, then? If so, could you ask her to update her Substar and let us know she's alive (and does intend to continue her modding work once she's past whatever heavy shit she's dealing with)? Tell her if she does that, it'll earn her at least one new patron.

Wills747

Engaged Member
Dec 14, 2018
My compressed Android port of Dating My Daughter Chapter 1 with Maim Lain Walkthrough and Improvements mod.

My compressed Android port of Dating My Daughter Chapter 2 with Maim Lain Walkthrough and Improvements mod.

My compressed Android port of Dating My Daughter Chapter 3 v0.29.1 with Maim Lain Walkthrough and Improvements mod.

My compressed Android port of Dating My daughter Chapter 4 v0.33.0 with Maim Lain Walkthrough and Improvements mod.

Usual gestures and other things I've added along the way.
Ch4 info:
Alternative persistent save and log location. Grant storage permissions on first run!
Note: Ch4 0.33 has only the built in WT enabled and Lain's 0.32 gallery for now.
Updated my Android port to 0.33

Penfold207

Oct 17, 2020
At the end of the day, we don't know what if anything is at issue. All this is speculation, hopefully Lain will make an appearance and update this mod. But cannot we force them too, nor should we wish too. Anyways, sending my best wishes to Lain.

5.00 star(s) 4 Votes