3.30 star(s) 3 Votes

CreepyGhost

May 4, 2017
So far impressive intro and... That. For first release it's expected to have flaws. Most important flaw, at least for me, is the options menu. Nothing but music volume works. Settings are set to 'take this!' and makes the game lag like a b*tch in quicksand (wait wut?)

I'm looking forward for better versions. But so far, nothing special.

Jun 30, 2017
I like how it shows you the drones in one of the game pictures during the card battle.

BOI WOULD THOSE BE NICE TO HAVE.

I have to battle on my own even though my drones and that are in my Team selection :L

MrHoly

Aug 16, 2017
I like the concept of the game but I'll wait for another update. Cause right now it's a buggy mess.

Leiyena

Feb 7, 2019
yeah gonna have to wait a while for this one to be playable, won 1st fight got a male propose? gained other people threw out garbage drones and could beat most till game broke xD the AI suicided into my unit but game didnt end,

didnt seem like there was anything to do either? just explore return and repeat?

I.Faustus

Game Developer
May 26, 2019
Wow.. didn't know my game already made it into this forum.
First things first: Thanks for giving that much feedback!
Concerning the base: The newest Public version shouldn't get stuck inside it. However, since the office menu is already designed for showing the animation right after the click on propose, there is a reset of the office menu in the current public. Shouldn't be a troublemaker...
Concerning the fights: I nerfed the flies. Should be easier now. Best strategy for now is buffing int to max and attacking from ranged position while having melee drones at the front. I'll add a short tut to the first fight.
Concerning cinematics: You are right. Will add a skip button to the intro and directly after the legal-thingy to get you straight to the menu.
Concerning other gameplay elements: There will be a 3D-world to explore. This is not going to be just adult FO shelter. This game will be a mix of different gameplay elements we, as gamers, tend to like + h-content. And I'm honest with you: It'll be a lot of work but I'm also eager to do it. I already have the introduction scene (why are you in the middle of space/how to get down to eve/what is your purpose there) ready but need to adjust it to the new systems i wrote in the last few weeks. Hopefully I get this done in the next days, but please concider that i have a job and I am developing this game all on my own. However, hope to see some of you as patrons by the time this game has enough bug-free content to convince you. Until then i' m always open for feedback!
Faustus

Edit: If you get stuck inside the battle please concider sending me your save game. Would be very helpfull. It's inside your appdata folder. File is located at C:\Users\"Name of your PC"\AppData\LocalLow\DefaultCompany\Dawnbringer's Legacy

Last edited:

passiveDragon

Aug 28, 2017
Well, for those struggling with the battling:
You can control the character position with the ctrl button on the right. You can also edit your deck in your base. Ranged enemies can hit any enemy, melee only front row (i think), so place your char in back row, unless you have a significant dmg advantage.
'agile' can evade dmg and 'fast' can attack immediately, so keep some agile drones in the front row if you can.

The number on the left is the atk, number on the right hp. I think enemies only counterattack if their atk surpasses your's, but it might just be anytime they survive the first blow, idk.

Also, only draw as many cards (button on the bottom right) as you can play in the turn directly afterwards, you waste resources otherwise.

It's not that hard, but having an easy start with progressively harder fights (harder in contrast, not necessarily like this) is a nice way of doing it.

I.Faustus

Game Developer
May 26, 2019
Hey there! Listening to your feedback i came up with the following changes:

• Skip-buttons wherever you'd want to have one
  • UI-Settings (Resolution/Full -or Windowed should work fine now - choose your res at start)
  • Squashed 2 gamebreaking bugs inside the battle-scene
  • And eliminated one in the base
  • Implemented some tooltips (more to come - tutorials are planned)
  • Tweaked the animation camera to give you better control over the view:

• And further weakened your enemies - Might need to do that again
Current buildversion is A0.002.2

passiveDragon

Aug 28, 2017
Hey there! Listening to your feedback i came up with the following changes:

• Skip-buttons wherever you'd want to have one
  • UI-Settings (Resolution/Full -or Windowed should work fine now - choose your res at start)
  • Squashed 2 gamebreaking bugs inside the battle-scene
  • And eliminated one in the base
  • Implemented some tooltips (more to come - tutorials are planned)
  • Tweaked the animation camera to give you better control over the view:
  • And further weakened your enemies - Might need to do that again
Current buildversion is A0.002.2
Maybe consider making the first fight impossible to lose, like a tutorial. That will get people to be able to experiment and afterwards be able to fight.
Very diligent of you to first squash, then add. Many people often don't have the patience for that (me included).

icefield

Oct 5, 2017
Why can't I run a sex scene? After clicking "propose" I get the message "X and Y had fun" and that's all.

ADIDAS

Feb 3, 2018
Would anyone have a solution to character textures not displaying correctly? With all unity games the character is pitch black except for the eyes, there is no skin texture or hair textures. Unity games used to work for me in the past and I'm not sure what caused them to start displaying correctly. I've searched steam and google for answers and tried majority of fixes but the problem still persists.

I.Faustus

Game Developer
May 26, 2019
Why can't I run a sex scene? After clicking "propose" I get the message "X and Y had fun" and that's all.
The sex scene is part of the Colonist_Build, which can be found here:
By the time i sewed together the already published content and the introduction scene, the public build will be updated.

MorDraka09

Jul 21, 2018
Would anyone have a solution to character textures not displaying correctly? With all unity games the character is pitch black except for the eyes, there is no skin texture or hair textures. Unity games used to work for me in the past and I'm not sure what caused them to start displaying correctly. I've searched steam and google for answers and tried majority of fixes but the problem still persists.
I Had the same issue untill I updated my graphics card drivers... it looked like Unity had changed the way the certain models textures where rended

ADIDAS

Feb 3, 2018
I Had the same issue untill I updated my graphics card drivers... it looked like Unity had changed the way the certain models textures where rended
I've tried updating my drivers but the system says they have the latest updates installed. At this point I'm at a loss for what I need to do.

meursault

Oct 22, 2017
Gave the game a try before the most recent update and wasn't able to get anywhere with it but the concept seems sound and the rapidity with which the developer's taken feedback and started making adjustments and fixing bugs is extremely encouraging! I'll keep an eye out on this one and look forward to seeing it grow.

OrnSmo

Mar 18, 2018
This game needs more time in the oven. Play one card battle with no instructions on how to do anything and the game is pretty much done after that. How are you going to have that long of an intro, while giving no guide after?

3.30 star(s) 3 Votes