3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

Dripping

Feb 16, 2019
Hey guys I was wondering if daz has this option where you can lock a item and it becomes solid for eg: if I lock a sofa and I want my model to sit on it while posing my character Should not intersect with sofa as the sofa is solid.
Pretty sure there's an other thread for Daz help, but, anyway, no. Daz does not have any pathing mechanics like MMOs have. Unless you're using a scene with pre-defined poses that also have pre-defined pose-positions, and provided you don't change a thing in such a scene, you'll have to manually position the figures every time. And even with those full pre-defined scenes, you often have to make minor adjustments because of the variety of figures that maybe used. A taller or shorter figure than what the designer of such a scene used for example, can totally throw a character out of position.

DoctorPervic

Game Developer
Aug 13, 2019
Shariff619 said:
Hey guys I was wondering if daz has this option where you can lock a item and it becomes solid for eg: if I lock a sofa and I want my model to sit on it while posing my character Should not intersect with sofa as the sofa is solid.

In my understanding the only thing in Daz3d that has that ability is the DForce modifier. but that would totally destroy your character if you made her DForced. It is only for cloth objects.

Best option would be 3DS Max or Blender.

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes