3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

Larry Kubiac

Feb 4, 2018
There is only 3 differents trees, all others are nodes instances. Same for grass execpt there is just one prop.

I think I gonna pass on CPU rendering with Iray, not sure it's a smart idea :D. About Rtx cards, improvement and implementation with Iray have been signifiant especially last year. I'm quite happy with it, not sure what you're talking about tbh.
Replicate, okay.
From the 4.10 on, the iray has been fucked on the smallest cards, aliasing problem or whatever idk to call it.
It's the speed of calculation, you need, cpu or gpu take the faster iray or not iray. Nvidia cards are just good for iray preview and rendering it if the gpu is faster.

brynhildr

Compulsive Gambler
Jun 2, 2017
View attachment 542527
What is the best way to fix it?
I wanna make the penis seen threw the fabric, and it shape like the penis.
There's even another way other than what people said so far: you can grab some free futalicious morphs from Squarepeg repository on patreon, here
There he says that you need to have the futalicious already loaded on g8f, but I found that works even without it iirc. Unless you wanna show it explicitly, this is another option for the dress and for some bulges c:

Deleted member 1121028

Dec 28, 2018
Replicate, okay.
From the 4.10 on, the iray has been fucked on the smallest cards, aliasing problem or whatever idk to call it.
It's the speed of calculation, you need, cpu or gpu take the faster iray or not iray. Nvidia cards are just good for iray preview and rendering it if the gpu is faster.
More like ghosts, as they're empty of everything except coordinates.
The actual cost to CPU rendering just to catch up the speed of a simple 1060 with iray is absolutely insane.

Dripping

Feb 16, 2019
The actual cost to CPU rendering just to catch up the speed of a simple 1060 with iray is absolutely insane.
This.. For the price of a CPU that does iray renders faster than a 2070, one might as well buy one or more 2080Ti's. And to eclipse that performance, you might as well set up a render farm and make money renting out cycles.

Larry Kubiac

Feb 4, 2018
Like I said you keep the fastest one, but actually the gpu looks faster even in the 9xx series than a recent 6/8core cpu((I thought the difference would be just as glaring) With my 4790k I quickly figured I'd ride my bike on the water..., as soon as his pass on the cpu I stop rendering..If I don't cut the render down soon, my pc soon become unusable.. The problem remains the memory of our gpu during the rendering, if the scene is too loud, it will pass anyway on the cpu during the rendering or DAZ will crash.

Several more. No render farm will ever offer you to CPU rendering with iray, it's like trying to ride a bike on water. It's just not build for this purpose.
Dev DAZ, should review the use of RAM and VRAM when rendering for gpu only.

Last edited:

Deleted member 1121028

Dec 28, 2018
Like I said you keep the fastest one, but actually the gpu looks faster even in the 9xx series than a recent 6/8core cpu((I thought the difference would be just as glaring) With my 4790k I didn't try too hard to understand, as soon as his pass on the cpu I stop rendering..If I don't cut the render down soon, it'll soon become unusable.. The problem remains the memory of our gpu during the rendering, if the scene is too loud, it will pass anyway on the cpu during the rendering or DAZ will crash.

Dev DAZ, should review the use of RAM and VRAM when rendering for gpu only.
Imagine with the lastest update, Titan RTX can have a shared pool of VRAM when NvLinked :eek:.
More seriously, dev Daz just use Nvidia Iray license, and actually don't develop it but implement it in Daz studio. Kinda why it rely heavily on Nvidia cards and not optimized (at all) for CPU usage. I agree with you with VRAM usage, especially with amateur like us (with no professional setup) but it's not like we're not having tools to deal with it. What we can do or not with our card with a reasonable rendering time is a lot of work and patience (and tweak :p).

Larry Kubiac

Feb 4, 2018
Imagine with the lastest update, Titan RTX can have a shared pool of VRAM when NvLinked :eek:.
More seriously, dev Daz just use Nvidia Iray license, and actually don't develop it but implement it in Daz studio. Kinda why it rely heavily on Nvidia cards and not optimized (at all) for CPU usage. I agree with you with VRAM usage, especially with amateur like us (with no professional setup) but it's not like we're not having tools to deal with it. What we can do or not with our card with a reasonable rendering time is a lot of work and patience (and tweak :p).
True, we can use the ram as a hard drive so why not(We can dream), but the rendering process is daz doing it. Having 16 gb of ram and being able to load textures and companies and then daz tells you no after click "render" you only have 8gb of vram and it crashes. Either optimize the rendering or warn the user that with the gpu only we won't be able to do the rendering because the software will crash.

I found a benchmark for rendering xd
Tried to lace this up with a character

I tested with 3 characters, prescene loaded and .
I wanted to make a foam party, so the party took off. Rendering never started.

Last edited:
5.00 star(s) 12 Votes