3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

I'm Not Thea Lundgren!

AKA: TotesNotThea
Donor
Jun 21, 2017
Hello everyone!

A few days ago someone posted a screenshot of their DAZ Studio viewport. I believe they were trying to help someone with some morphing settings? I am unable to find that post again.

What I am interested in is this...
One of the panes that was visible was the rendering pane with the GPUs selected.

It showed TWO Nvidia 2080 Ti I believe. NICE btw... :)
I am just trying to get an idea (from anyone using that setup) if they are happy with the rendering times?

I looked on the Nvidia site and it seems that the only one they have with that series number is in the RTX family.
Does the 2080 Ti come only in RTX?
Currently it sells for about $1,199 on the Nvidia site.
Does RTX help with 3D rendering in Daz or Blender or it s it just for gaming?

===============================================
Something that is driving me CRAZY and I have not gotten an answer yet!!!
You can buy this card from Nvidia's site DIRECTLY
It is labeled "GEFORCE RTX 2080 Ti".

But doing a search on the web shows that you can buy a
EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti from the EVGA site
you can also buy a
MSI GeForce RTX 2080 Ti from their site.

Are there any differences in the hardware??? Maybe quality of parts?
I do not want to get one that will burn out because the vendor cut corners on parts.
Should I stick with buying the cards from the Nvidia store?

I know I covered a lot and I appreciate any advice.

Thank you in advance,
Mo.
EVGA, MSI and others use the same reference design (that's the one you can buy direct) but put their own cooler on it and sometimes tweak the settings of the card. Apart from that, they're all the same card underneath. I hope that helps.

Reactions: MoroboshiAtaru

DoctorPervic

Game Developer
Aug 13, 2019
Hello everyone!

A few days ago someone posted a screenshot of their DAZ Studio viewport. I believe they were trying to help someone with some morphing settings? I am unable to find that post again.

One of the panes that was visible was the rendering pane with the GPUs selected.

I am just trying to get an idea (from anyone using that setup) if they are happy with the rendering times?

I looked on the Nvidia site and it seems that the only one they have with that series number is in the RTX family.

you can also buy a

I do not want to get one that will burn out because the vendor cut corners on parts.

Thank you in advance,
Mo.
HI, In my experience all graphics cards are the same, if you buy a graphic card labeled MSI GeForce or EVGA GeForce or from another company they are all the same. Because all manufacturers of the cards all get their parts from the very same factory in China. Even the super expensive cards that are listen on Nvidias website are the same.

You pay for the Brand name most of the time, So I myself would go exploring around to find the best deal I can when buying a video card. The reasion why some video cards are cheaper is because the compuny that is selling the card is not as well known as some of the other compunys that sell the cards and so to compete they must drop the price on the card.

Now I am only talking about cards with the exzact same name. like MSI GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti.
If you buy a Nvidia GTX 1060 and Nvidia GTX 1060 Ti, they will be different Cards.

Reactions: MoroboshiAtaru
Dec 27, 2019
EVGA, MSI and others use the same reference design (that's the one you can buy direct) but put their own cooler on it and sometimes tweak the settings of the card. Apart from that, they're all the same card underneath. I hope that helps.
Thank you for the info.
This is the info I need - a subpar cooler to save a few bucks would not be a god idea for me.

Mo.

Dec 27, 2019
HI, In my experience all graphics cards are the same, if you buy a graphic card labeled MSI GeForce or EVGA GeForce or from another company they are all the same. Because all manufacturers of the cards all get their parts from the very same factory in China. Even the super expensive cards that are listen on Nvidias website are the same.

You pay for the Brand name most of the time, So I myself would go exploring around to find the best deal I can when buying a video card. The reasion why some video cards are cheaper is because the compuny that is selling the card is not as well known as some of the other compunys that sell the cards and so to compete they must drop the price on the card.

Now I am only talking about cards with the exzact same name. like MSI GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti.
If you buy a Nvidia GTX 1060 and Nvidia GTX 1060 Ti, they will be different Cards.
Thank you very much for the info! :)

Mo.

L8ERALgames

Game Developer
Apr 23, 2019
https://f95zone.to/threads/daz3d-art-show-us-your-dazskill.4764/post-3326825
Thanks, it's mostly PS

Daz raw
3 simple emissive panes, 2 behind red and blue, one behind the camera white:
View attachment 622990

Inspiration:

Obviously not skilled enough to get at that level :ROFLMAO:

Tried to do a v2 on Lexx's reply but still not happy.. don't zoom the hand with the phone.. forgot erase the hair :ROFLMAO:
simplicity with lighting usually brings the best results. i'm trying to learn that...

Yustu

May 22, 2018
Hello everyone!

you can also buy a

Thank you in advance,
Mo.
Those are AIBs (Add In Board) that do:

- replace original PCB for i.e. overclocked models i.e. EVGA Kingpin editions to increase VRM / power delivery section (factory OC, with further possibility to OC) <- NOT ALWAYS ! some use reference PCB.
- sometimes, probably not so much presently, they bin GPU chips so they OC more
- better cooling (usually more silent, i.e. MSI 0 RPM mode when GPU temp < 60*C), larger heatsink

And that's basically it.

RTX - for games, IMO, it's POS. For 3D it's great !
For example in game 2080Ti vs 1080Ti is about 20-40% (usually around 30%, depends on game) faster.
In iRay (Daz) it's about 90-100% !
It also allows for de-noising.
In blender 2.82 viewport de-noising is only available through RTX but from 2.83 it's also enabled on GTX.
Turing uarch (RTX 20XX from 1060 IIRC or something) has also new NVENC so if You're into streaming then it will be faster a little bit.

jfredy78

Jul 22, 2017
[QUOTE = "billywhisky, message: 3331066, membre: 833304"]
Salut à tous,

C'est la première fois que je poste quelque chose ici sur f95, et la première fois que j'utilise Daz aussi, c'est donc ce qui est sorti, et je l'ai trouvé vraiment amusant à faire.

Je sais qu'il y a encore beaucoup à améliorer.
Quelqu'un a des conseils?

View attachment 623100
[/CITATION]
regarde son bras il est mal placer et franchement pour une première c'est génial
Look at his arm, it's in the wrong place, and frankly, for a first, it's great.

Reactions: billywhisky
Dec 27, 2019
Those are AIBs (Add In Board) that do:

- replace original PCB for i.e. overclocked models i.e. EVGA Kingpin editions to increase VRM / power delivery section (factory OC, with further possibility to OC) <- NOT ALWAYS ! some use reference PCB.
- sometimes, probably not so much presently, they bin GPU chips so they OC more
- better cooling (usually more silent, i.e. MSI 0 RPM mode when GPU temp < 60*C), larger heatsink

And that's basically it.

RTX - for games, IMO, it's POS. For 3D it's great !
For example in game 2080Ti vs 1080Ti is about 20-40% (usually around 30%, depends on game) faster.
In iRay (Daz) it's about 90-100% !
It also allows for de-noising.
In blender 2.82 viewport de-noising is only available through RTX but from 2.83 it's also enabled on GTX.
Turing uarch (RTX 20XX from 1060 IIRC or something) has also new NVENC so if You're into streaming then it will be faster a little bit.

WOW, GREAT INFO! Thank you!
I am saving up for my next workstation and do not mind saving more for better quality hardware.
I have heard on other forums that MSI cards are of better quality. I understand that cooling is a big factor in keeping the cards purring at their optimum speed.

So, my target right now is to get two Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti cards. Not yet ready for purchase, so we shall see what comes down the line in 6 months or so.

Thank you!

koleoptero

Mar 3, 2020
Hi everyone,

This is the first time ever i post something here on f95, and first time i use Daz too,so this is what came out, and i found it really fun to make.

I know there is still a lot to improve.
Anyone have any advice?

View attachment 623100
Good job for your 1st time. A few points:

1. Be carefull of the interaction between the surfaces. I mean, her left hand seems to go through her boobs and also her fingers seems to go through her right arm. You need to tweek the hands, feet or whatever so that they sit on top of each other and not inside of one another. :)

2. I don't know what u used fot background, but it could improve. At least the resolution of it. it seems very noisy and different from the girl. It also seems like it was photoshoped to the background and it doesn't fit very good. (it's like she was photographes with a green screen behind her and then added the beach and sea)

3. I think u used a lot of different lighting sources. I might be wrong, but the shadows are a bit off i think. At least that's what i see. Again i might be wrong. Lighting and shadows makes all the difference and it adds depth to your scene. Either try to read some photography stuff or/and experiment with different lighting options to make it look more realistic. I think lighting it's the no1 focus on creating any scene. The context of the scene (girl, beach, sea) and the tweeking of it comes later. Unless you just want to render a few scenes that are just for your eyes only and you are happy with that.. :)

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes