3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
Do you have any info on the render settings (maybe a screenshot)... I haven't touched the subject yet but i want to know more about it..
It highly depends on what you want to achieve and how the scene is set up.
Just to give you an idea, here is what I used for the last render up there:
1587145092583.png
In general: use higher gamma (lower values), I usually choose something between 1 and 1.8.
Use mitchel pixel filter if you want the render to be a bit more crisp.
Burn highlights and crush blacks on low values give more realistic (washed out) look, real life isn't as colorfull as most images portray it, but depending on the scene, high values also work, especially high crush blacks values with low burn highlights, can give a nice contrast.
Spectral rendering handles light more realistic, but it can quickly make your render more demanding -> longer rendering time, and because iray is buggy, it makes seams more visible, but you can counter it with low SSS settings.

There is way more to it then I can really explain (especially in a single post), plus I'm no pro myself, a lot of what I do is playing with the sliders until it looks good, so maybe someone else has some more insight/info^^

Yustu

May 22, 2018
WOW, GREAT INFO! Thank you!
I am saving up for my next workstation and do not mind saving more for better quality hardware.
I have heard on other forums that MSI cards are of better quality. I understand that cooling is a big factor in keeping the cards purring at their optimum speed.

So, my target right now is to get two Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti cards. Not yet ready for purchase, so we shall see what comes down the line in 6 months or so.

Thank you!
Personally I'm waiting for next gen and still rocking 1080Ti.
Price wise I doubt that we will see same good deal as with 1080Ti with was due to AMD overhype for Vega. Maybe with big Navi situation will repeat but I doubt that, but who knows.
Also RTX should mature and improve.

MSI - I had to RMA my GTX970 (replaced model works fine today) due to fan issue but 1080Ti works perfectly fine from get go. All top ends GPUs should be fine really. IIRC even Asus has now 0RPM mode.

Advantage of AIB is that You can replace fans easier. I did replaced my fans wit 2xBeQuiet 1400 @ 1000RPM and they are noticeably more quiet, temperature wise it's same. Didn't checked clocks thought but I doubt that there is any perceivable difference. On other hand, with multi GPU setup blowers are better as You don't dump n x 250W++ into case so You will need to either have very well ventilated case or go liquid.

And yes performance nicely increase for rendering with each additional GPU.

On other hand I heard (gamers nexus video) that Vega is great for Vegas app, it beats even 2080Ti for rendering.
So it's all up to use cases.

Reactions: MoroboshiAtaru

KlodowWW

Mar 18, 2019
It highly depends on what you want to achieve and how the scene is set up.
Just to give you an idea, here is what I used for the last render up there:
View attachment 623305
In general: use higher gamma (lower values), I usually choose something between 1 and 1.8.
Use mitchel pixel filter if you want the render to be a bit more crisp.
Burn highlights and crush blacks on low values give more realistic (washed out) look, real life isn't as colorfull as most images portray it, but depending on the scene, high values also work, especially high crush blacks values with low burn highlights, can give a nice contrast.
Spectral rendering handles light more realistic, but it can quickly make your render more demanding -> longer rendering time, and because iray is buggy, it makes seams more visible, but you can counter it with low SSS settings.

There is way more to it then I can really explain (especially in a single post), plus I'm no pro myself, a lot of what I do is playing with the sliders until it looks good, so maybe someone else has some more insight/info^^
Thanks for the tips ! Here is a little thing i'm working on, all critics are welcomed !

Mickie_Bike1fff.png

Evil13

Engaged Member
Jun 4, 2019
So quick question and I can't think of where else to ask. I'm looking for a few clothing assets that can hang off the body, something like one leg in the pants or panties around one knee?

Tokoy

Jul 5, 2017
So here it's my first render ever. Sorry about the background...but my video board can't deal with it.
Don't notice the guy with no skin either...again i'm blaming the video board.
render.png

ArturiousDesign

Engaged Member
Jan 31, 2019
I've been thinking about Superheroes lately

So I introduce you to The Heroine: Punch Rabbit.

Superpowers: Super Speed, Super Agility, Can Bound 50ft.
Skills: Trained in Martial Arts, and Gymnastics.
Personality: Fun, Peppy, Sweet. High Public Opinion.
Signature Move: Rabbit Gatling. (Continuous Downward Kicks)

Punch Rabbit - Run.jpg

The Ears and Tail are part of her suit, she's human.

Feb 3, 2020
Thank you for the info.
This is the info I need - a subpar cooler to save a few bucks would not be a god idea for me.

Mo.
Non-reference design does not mean subpar coolers, in fact, more often than not the big brands like Asus are superior in cooling, noise or both than refernece. Some non-reference cards are also factory overclocked but they probably don't make much of a difference for rendering.

Phanex

under a black flag we shall sail
Mar 16, 2020
I've been thinking about Superheroes lately

So I introduce you to The Heroine: Punch Rabbit.

Superpowers: Super Speed, Super Agility, Can Bound 50ft.
Skills: Trained in Martial Arts, and Gymnastics.
Personality: Fun, Peppy, Sweet. High Public Opinion.
Signature Move: Rabbit Gatling. (Continuous Downward Kicks)

View attachment 623673

The Ears and Tail are part of her suit, she's human.
i found this supergirl.png

Feb 3, 2020
Personally I'm waiting for next gen and still rocking 1080Ti.
Price wise I doubt that we will see same good deal as with 1080Ti with was due to AMD overhype for Vega. Maybe with big Navi situation will repeat but I doubt that, but who knows.
Also RTX should mature and improve.

MSI - I had to RMA my GTX970 (replaced model works fine today) due to fan issue but 1080Ti works perfectly fine from get go. All top ends GPUs should be fine really. IIRC even Asus has now 0RPM mode.

Advantage of AIB is that You can replace fans easier. I did replaced my fans wit 2xBeQuiet 1400 @ 1000RPM and they are noticeably more quiet, temperature wise it's same. Didn't checked clocks thought but I doubt that there is any perceivable difference. On other hand, with multi GPU setup blowers are better as You don't dump n x 250W++ into case so You will need to either have very well ventilated case or go liquid.

And yes performance nicely increase for rendering with each additional GPU.

On other hand I heard (gamers nexus video) that Vega is great for Vegas app, it beats even 2080Ti for rendering.
So it's all up to use cases.
Just want to add that Iray won't work on AMD cards, it's Nvidia proprietary technology. Too bad, otherwise I would have already pulled the trigger on Vega7 and its 16GB HBM2 VRAM.

Evil13

Engaged Member
Jun 4, 2019
Felt like something was missing from that breakfast image I did yesterday, so I went back and made some subtle changes. See if you can spot them!
BreakfastV2.jpg

Reactions: DooRetsam
5.00 star(s) 12 Votes