3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes
Dec 27, 2019
Hi, i've build another scifi enviroment. A little Pool-scene, everything self build. Still lacks of some details, but they will come, as more shots will come :) Rendered in Octane. First time to try a wet look (She took care her hair didn't get wet :) )
View attachment 633838

View attachment 633840
More shots with more poses will come :)
Very nice scene!

How do you find Octane versus IRAY? What made you choose it over IRAY?
I know Octane auto-generates its own materials based on the materials in the scene, but do you have do tweak them manually afterwards as well?

Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Mo.

DoctorPervic

Game Developer
Aug 13, 2019
Hi, i've build another scifi enviroment. A little Pool-scene, everything self build. Still lacks of some details, but they will come, as more shots will come :) Rendered in Octane. First time to try a wet look (She took care her hair didn't get wet :) )
View attachment 633838

View attachment 633840
May I ask. What software do you use in 3D modeling. Your artwok is really great!

Marvellous Lunatic

Game Developer
Mar 22, 2018
Very nice scene!

How do you find Octane versus IRAY? What made you choose it over IRAY?
I know Octane auto-generates its own materials based on the materials in the scene, but do you have do tweak them manually afterwards as well?

Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Mo.
First of all Octane is faster than iray and i like the look more. The Node-graph editor is quite handy to use. The auto conversion isn't that good for skin. I use my own shaders based on the new feature random walk they implemented. The skin shader took a lot of testing and i'am still trying to improve it. So yeah, i do a lot of manually tweaking :) But i think it's worth.

Thanks for the compliment, i really appreciate it.

May I ask. What software do you use in 3D modeling. Your artwok is really great!
Currently still Cinema4D because i started using it nearly 15 years ago and just got into it recently again, but i will soon migrate too blender as it just develops faster than cinema 4d, has a bigger community now.

Thank you too for the compliment, i really appreciate it.

Reactions: MoroboshiAtaru

DoctorPervic

Game Developer
Aug 13, 2019
I think Cinema4D has a good setup with Octane renderer, they have a large fourm on otoy website for C4D.

Marvellous Lunatic

Game Developer
Mar 22, 2018
I think Cinema4D has a good setup with Octane renderer, they have a large fourm on otoy website for C4D.
The octane plugin implementation for cinema4d is quite good, but Blender has become so good in hard surface modeling in the recent years, has improved so much in all areas and has such a huge supportive community. Cinema4D used to have such a huge community but i think blenders has surpassed it long ago. Despite that, i'am rendering with the Daz3D Octane plugin anyway instead of Cinema4D because posing and morphing is more comfortable that way.

Reactions: MoroboshiAtaru

ArturiousDesign

Engaged Member
Jan 31, 2019
View attachment 633838

View attachment 633840
Wait, this is a pool? I thought it was a dark hallway ... I'm not taking the piss. I was legit confused.

Marvellous Lunatic

Game Developer
Mar 22, 2018
Wait, this is a pool? I thought it was a dark hallway ... I'm not taking the piss. I was legit confused.
Mhmm, is it because of the reflections in the large window? I wanted to add real caustics, but the rendertime would just be to much. Is it to dark? Any suggestion what to improve to make it more obvious?

ArturiousDesign

Engaged Member
Jan 31, 2019
Mhmm, is it because of the reflections in the large window? I wanted to add real caustics, but the rendertime would just be to much. Is it to dark? Any suggestion what to improve to make it more obvious?
yeah, it's really dark and that spotlight makes the scene look confusing. I didn't even realize it was dark space back there. when you said Window I was like "wait there's a window?" and I had to look again. idk what your idea here was, did you not want overhead lights?was it supposed to be a dark room? I legit thought it was a dark catwalk bridge with a light at the end of a doorway.

GNVE

Jul 20, 2018
Sorry for butting in. maybe add a tiny bit of water ripple? Water is (almost) never as still as that over such a large area. Even indoors you have small disturbances linke the water pump filtering the water, vibrations from machinery in the station, people walking etc.

BTW the atmosphere of these backgrounds look awesome.

Reactions: koleoptero

DoctorPervic

Game Developer
Aug 13, 2019
The octane plugin implementation for cinema4d is quite good, but Blender has become so good in hard surface modeling in the recent years, has improved so much in all areas and has such a huge supportive community. Cinema4D used to have such a huge community but i think blenders has surpassed it long ago. Despite that, i'am rendering with the Daz3D Octane plugin anyway instead of Cinema4D because posing and morphing is more comfortable that way.
I agree with you, I was with Max for a long time but recently moved to Blender because of the massive support and all the amazing improvements it has made and the fact that they have so many updates to the software it is crazy. In max you would have to wait a whole year for the next update.

I also use the Octane plugin for Daz because it is nice to be able to do everything inside one program. But i have lots of difficulty with getting the skin right on characters using Octane.

Your character work is really impressive. :)

Marvellous Lunatic

Game Developer
Mar 22, 2018
yeah, it's really dark and that spotlight makes the scene look confusing. I didn't even realize it was dark space back there. when you said Window I was like "wait there's a window?" and I had to look again. idk what your idea here was, did you not want overhead lights?was it supposed to be a dark room? I legit thought it was a dark catwalk bridge with a light at the end of a doorway.
I wanted to have a dark / night atmosphere and focus on the character. I have overlights for a day scene, so i will post them next time.

Sorry for butting in. maybe add a tiny bit of water ripple? Water is (almost) never as still as that over such a large area. Even indoors you have small disturbances linke the water pump filtering the water, vibrations from machinery in the station, people walking etc.

BTW the atmosphere of these backgrounds look awesome.
Actually i have a displacement on the water surface, but now i wonder why it isnt visible. Propably of the lightning, have to look into it. Thanks for poiting it out.

Thanks for the critics.

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes